Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭John_Gill

Just arrived back from Dubai myself this morning. The big man himself two seats ahead of me. He said has proof that he is an honest business man. He showed it to me. I told him to keep his 2 metre ****in distance or Id rip his proof up.
    Tyson Fury sitting another two seats away pretending not to know each other but I could see him watching what was going on in the corner of his eye.
    Wasnt like this when his Da was in charge I said to Tony Cascarino, Tonys always good for a laugh, opened the emergency door.

Didnt see Walter Mitty but one of my sources says he is being groomed to take over from Alan Shatter.
    We're Bill and Ben the flowerpot men on board too.
    Billy giving up the boxing cause he feels like everyone is picking on cancer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Lord_Slong

John_Gill wrote: »
    We're Bill and Ben the flowerpot men on board too.
    Billy giving up the boxing cause he feels like everyone is picking on cancer

Lads I know you're just taking the piss, but it's not even funny stop talking absolute pony. The.mods will shut the thread down.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Davidplat

Lads give it up with all the bull**** posts , it's getting ridiculous now , surely if your that bored you could find something better to do, the thread is getting clogged up with scutter, give it a rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

Lord_Slong wrote: »
    Wayne Whelans name has been thrown about as the shooter. It's pretty common knowledge the Canary set it up as revenge for what the Guinea Pig done on his brother Darren and Whacker Murray.

The celebrations on social media that night were crazy. A lot of heads had places hired out to have parties, I know one set had the Gardai boat club hired out with a free bar and Dj.

Mad oul string of double crosses that went on in those gangs over the years with Whelan, Chen Lynch, Desmond etc. Hard to make sense of it all. I presume it was the young fella McDonagh whose body was found up the mountains after that was meant to have shot at MD on the quad that time? He would have been associated to Canary too if I remember.

As I said a lot of these feuds in Ballyer have played out over a long period. Seems the other days shooting could be similar.

Lads I know you're just taking the piss, but it's not even funny stop talking absolute pony. The.mods will shut the thread down.

So Charlie D’Arcy not involved? Who would have his back btw? He was another reckless lunatic around the way if there ever was one. But was in prison for most of the time rather then being a player on the streets. I remember he was involved in a riot in St Pats years ago when some of my mates were in there too. I think a young Gary Hanley was involved too. Then D’Arcy done another riot in Mountjoy years later with Dumbrells and that I think. Just a pure, volatile headcase.

Who’s the 25 yr old they are putting in the frame for the shooting the other day? Apologies if this has been made clear already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Charlie D’Arcy had the worst prison disciplinary record ever. A lunatic, second in volatility only to Leon Wright. He was with the Dumbrells alright and loosely hung with a lot of the Rattigan crew too. A head case. Would be serving life only for a jammed shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MTKcleaners

Omackeral wrote: »
    Charlie D’Arcy had the worst prison disciplinary record ever. A lunatic, second in volatility only to Leon Wright. He was with the Dumbrells alright and loosely hung with a lot of the Rattigan crew too. A head case. Would be serving life only for a jammed shooter.

aye he is certainly missing a few 5 amp fuses.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-tried-to-kill-sisters-husband-in-bed-court-told-26544306.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Gael85

Wayne Whelans name has been thrown about as the shooter. It's pretty common knowledge the Canary set it up as revenge for what the Guinea Pig done on his brother Darren and Whacker Murray.

The celebrations on social media that night were crazy. A lot of heads had places hired out to have parties, I know one set had the Gardai boat club hired out with a free bar and Dj.

Whelan and couple others of that gang shot dead after. Was just curious who the brother linked to the Guinea pig. Think they from Ballyfermot/Clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Madmax03

Gilligan, Cunningham, Christy Ks roots are in Ballyer if I'm not mistaken, The Family, Dee Dee, Werther, Seanie Comerford, Mick Byrne, The Penguin and a little bunch of Travellers from Labre Park who are serious dealers amongst the traveller community yet they go unknown amongst the 'Crime Rwporters'

If I'm forgetting anyone please add them to it. Forgot to add Sean Hunt and the ****ing Wilson, how could I forget them?
    Git Russell

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭rodmn2377

So Charlie D’Arcy not involved? Who would have his back btw? He was another reckless lunatic around the way if there ever was one. But was in prison for most of the time rather then being a player on the streets. I remember he was involved in a riot in St Pats years ago when some of my mates were in there too. I think a young Gary Hanley was involved too. Then D’Arcy done another riot in Mountjoy years later with Dumbrells and that I think. Just a pure, volatile headcase.

Who’s the 25 yr old they are putting in the frame for the shooting the other day? Apologies if this has been made clear already.

ya charlie was involved with dumbrell and all the rattigan crowd in a big jail fight against dd brother harpo and all the ballyer boys one christmas a few yrs ago. leroy hit harpo a sly dig at fall in and it was all arranged for the next day.. it kicked off first thing in the morning. darcy stabbed a lad called darren rodgers in the chest with a shive.. was lucky he didnt kill him then. all the d8 crowd were taken off the landing after that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Absolute scum, and they all look inbred. No pics here but we all know what the Dumbrells look like. As for Charlie D'Arcy...

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/SAVAGES%3B+Sadistic+teenage+thugs+locked+up+for+stabbing%2C+beating+and...-a0137255770

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Omackeral wrote: »
    No disputing this turnip muncher’s credentials anyway.
    as they say in Texas 'all hat, no cattle'

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaryLouMacari

Birneybau wrote: »
    Absolute scum, and they all look inbred. No pics here but we all know what the Dumbrells look like. As for Charlie D'Arcy...

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/SAVAGES%3B+Sadistic+teenage+thugs+locked+up+for+stabbing%2C+beating+and...-a0137255770

What's more depraved about that is the leniency of the sentences handed down!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Wow that is grim stuff. Sadistic serial killers rather than gangsters them two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

What's more depraved about that is the leniency of the sentences handed down!!!!

Disgraceful sentences, you'd wonder what Desmond was doing during the trial, "unwarranted, savage and bordering on cruelly sadistic" FFS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Madmax03

Amanda is the same , comes from the same type of inbred family

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jim Bean

Mago on the face of it has shown loyalty to the hutch side. Someone said he went for a meeting after gary hutch murder, but smelt a rat. I wonder if they hadn't tried to set him up, would he have went against the hutches though. Maybe it was more of him with nowhere else to go rather than actual loyalty?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Jim Bean wrote: »
    Mago on the face of it has shown loyalty to the hutch side. Someone said he went for a meeting after gary hutch murder, but smelt a rat. I wonder if they hadn't tried to set him up, would he have went against the hutches though. Maybe it was more of him with nowhere else to go rather than actual loyalty?

Gary would stay with Mago whenever he came back to Dublin between his botched hit on DK and the 200k "truce" payment.

Mago was on the Hutch side either way but the attempted hit on him added fuel to the fire. Papers say that it was the failed attempt on Monk that led to the Regency but maybe the attempt on Mago was just as big.

Gary would stay with Mago whenever he came back to Dublin between his botched hit on DK and the 200k "truce" payment.

Mago was on the Hutch side either way but the attempted hit on him added fuel to the fire. Papers say that it was the failed attempt on Monk that led to the Regency but maybe the attempt on Mago was just as big.

Mago is far from daft, he knows only to well cancer is afraid of his shadow, and will have him done, if he could, cancer is on his toes and more worried about the cash being frozen overseas, and his old mans also, they are trying their best to hide it, that is their priorite at the moment, the Bahrain sheikh was the key, but that has gone down the drain. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭MelvinWagstaff

Mago is far from daft, he knows only to well cancer is afraid of his shadow, and will have him done, if he could, cancer is on his toes and more worried about the cash being frozen overseas, and his old mans also, they are trying their best to hide it, that is their priorite at the moment, the Bahrain sheikh was the key, but that has gone down the drain. ;)

Can you elaborate how you know this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

Why was the guinea pig so feared by hardened criminals and why wasn't he sorted out beforehand when he was clearly so despised? Did he have much of an organisation behind him?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/1156375/

Any info on this body found in the car park in the city ?

Can you elaborate how you know this?

I could also give you my name address and DOB if you wish, honestly sources are sources so think a little more, and no offence meant. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/1156375/

Any info on this body found in the car park in the city ?

I think the man was sleeping there. Just a sad event. Another homeless death.

Hon Mago Gately, everybody’s favorite arch criminal haha. There’s no good guys in this story for sure, but as far as criminal gangsters go I respect Mago for sticking to his guns and holding steadfast against the Cartel. Anyone who he clipped over the years was ‘live by the gun, die by the gun’ and got what they had ordered...he certainly was putting a sick dog down in the case of The Don, that’s for sure. Boys that knew him over the years on the northside, Summerhill and Sherrifer way seem to hold him in good regard(for a criminal), seems to be popular and well liked in many circles even before becoming the anti-hero vs. DK after the Regency.

As a disclaimer for the outrage brigade I better state I’m not trying to glorify any criminals or murderers**...just stating an opinion and observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Hon Mago Gately, everybody’s favorite arch criminal haha. There’s no good guys in this story for sure, but as far as criminal gangsters go I respect Mago for sticking to his guns and holding steadfast against the Cartel. Anyone who he clipped over the years was ‘live by the gun, die by the gun’ and got what they had ordered...he certainly was putting a sick dog down in the case of The Don, that’s for sure. Boys that knew him over the years on the northside, Summerhill and Sherrifer way seem to hold him in good regard(for a criminal), seems to be popular and well liked in many circles even before becoming the anti-hero vs. DK after the Regency.

As a disclaimer for the outrage brigade I better state I’m not trying to glorify any criminals or murderers**...just stating an opinion and observation.

In fairness how can we all not love Mago. Stays loyal and handles things himself, gotta admire that..............just got to mention the usual he's a criminal scum and all that, not undermining this aspect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

The murders of Patrick Murray and Darren Carey got a lot of publicity in the press at the time as they were so young, I think 19 and 20 at the time.

What was the reason MD had them killed and did he do the deed himself?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭MelvinWagstaff

I could also give you my name address and DOB if you wish, honestly sources are sources so think a little more, and no offence meant. ;)

Does your source knows your relaying this info on this thread?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 58 ✭✭Lfc1988

The murders of Patrick Murray and Darren Carey got a lot of publicity in the press at the time as they were so young, I think 19 and 20 at the time.

Over a drugs debt and he did it himself hence why he because so feared. He was a nut case from childhood. Knew his father dinny boy Desmond from Ballyer Mark was always a lunatic, father was a bit of a goer aswel

• Advertisement

He had sent the two boys over to Amsterdam to collect heroin for him. They ended up getting caught as they sellotaped it onto their bodies under their clothes. As he was an evil psychopath and looking to make a name/instill fear at the time, he brought the two of the boys out to the canal and blew their heads off with a shotgun(he might have killed one of them slightly different and then dumped them in canal).

To answer other posters..this is one of the reasons among a list of other horrendous acts of violence over the years why he was respected through fear in criminal fraternity’s. If it wasn’t for the Canary’s rise to power he might be still terrorizing Ballyer.

The first I heard of him years ago was actually in the late 90’s running St Michael flats in Inchicore for gear dealing. He would dish out despicable hidings on other teenagers if they left him short a tenner or 20. It was around then he supposedly raped the young fella as well. Sick dirtbag bully he was.

He brought youngfellas from Ballyer up the mountains as well too back in years before the canal murders. He stripped them naked and tortured them, battered then with barbed wire on a bat. His antics were infamous in the area at the time. Yeah also, Dinny Boy, his ould fella, was a head in the area before him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement