Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Joe Kaine

Thesiger wrote: »
    I suppose the consequences of fecking it up would be quite different.

I doubt it. You'd be fcked either way.

I don't understand this logic that some lads survived or survive so long because everyone is supposed to be afraid of them. It's a load of bollix IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Joe Kaine wrote:
    What's the difference in going up to one of these so called feared lads with a gun in your hand and blowing his brains out as opposed to going up to one of the not so feared lads with a gun and blowing his brains out?

If the gun jams you'll find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MrSanchez

Joe Kaine wrote: »
    I doubt it. You'd be fcked either way.

I don't understand this logic that some lads survived or survive so long because everyone is supposed to be afraid of them. It's a load of bollix IMO.

I thought the only difference was who would be coming after you for revenge afterwards if you got them, and what they would do to you if you missed them

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Joe Kaine

If the gun jams you'll find out.

I didn't know some of these heads would be more forgiving than others when it comes to trying to take them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 judaspig

What's the difference in going up to one of these so called feared lads with a gun in your hand and blowing his brains out as opposed to going up to one of the not so feared lads with a gun and blowing his brains out?

What happens if they survive is the greatest fear probably

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 judaspig

I didn't know some of these heads would be more forgiving than others when it comes to trying to take them out.

Mark Desmond would give you a revenge bumming though before killing you, who wouldn't be afraid of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Some of these lads have so many people depending on them for wages and money they themselves owe up the chain you would want a serious reason to risk your life shooting at them.

For all you know somebody you trust could pre warn them. Its hard to have a clean car parked up near a targets address, getting a clean good gun and another stolen car to burn out and have them all ready without somebody getting wind of it unless you are a big player.

These big players are probably always running a tab for this fella , he might bring in a few grand a week but he will always have a few grand over his head to a few different people.

They might be local legends with great pr stories about feeding mrs purcells cat while she was away or bashing the junkie who was robbing houses but the majority of big time drug dealers will turn a blind eye to male on mape rape or even male on child rape so long as the rapist turns a profit. Just like Hollywood.

Its easy to forget with the sunday world glamour but the majority of these lads wipe their arse once a week when they are going the nightclub and sit around stinking of piss most of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Smallpaulwall

the majority of these lads wipe their arse once a week when they are going the nightclub and sit around stinking of piss most of the week.

what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

In some cases no brains will fall out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

Ah lads some bull**** being posted on this point. First of all you have to have someone willing to pull the trigger. So if you wanted someone dead, most people are going to pay someone else to do it, although there is a few who will do it themselves. So off the back of that you have to be someone with access to guns, hitmen and or money for a hit. So straight away that narrows things down. Then you have to actually have a motive to run the risk of doing the hit. In the Canary’s case he had one and fit the bill of all the above. But ....

In the case of MD:
    (1) He was connected with other gangs and violent criminals, the Corbally faction in Ballyer for one.
    (2)One guy tried to kill him in Memorial Park, missed him...and then wound up buried up the mountains a few months later.
    (3)MD was very cautious of people trying to kill him dating back to 2000 and the canal murders.
    (4)MD often carried a weapon and even had one on him when they eventually did hit him...it’s believed he actually went for his gun as they killed him.
    (5)The man intimidated and terrified even other hard criminals capable of shooting him.

Either way he survived extremely long given his nature. He actually survived a few hits. One was in Tallaght at traffic lights about 04.

So idea of ‘walking up to a guy and putting a bullet in his head’.....yeah...not that simple. If it was, they would have done it from day one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Lord_Slong

Ah lads some bull**** being posted on this point. First of all you have to have someone willing to pull the trigger. So if you wanted someone dead, most people are going to pay someone else to do it, although there is a few who will do it themselves. So off the back of that you have to be someone with access to guns, hitmen and or money for a hit. So straight away that narrows things down. Then you have to actually have a motive to run the risk of doing the hit. In the Canary’s case he had one and fit the bill of all the above. But ....

In the case of MD:
    (1) He was connected with other gangs and violent criminals, the Corbally faction in Ballyer for one.
    (2)One guy tried to kill him in Memorial Park, missed him...and then wound up buried up the mountains a few months later.
    (3)MD was very cautious of people trying to kill him dating back to 2000 and the canal murders.
    (4)MD often carried a weapon and even had one on him when they eventually did hit him...it’s believed he actually went for his gun as they killed him.
    (5)The man intimidated and terrified even other hard criminals capable of shooting him.

Either way he survived extremely long given his nature. He actually survived a few hits. One was in Tallaght at traffic lights about 04.

So idea of ‘walking up to a guy and putting a bullet in his head’.....yeah...not that simple. If it was, they would have done it from day one.

Spot on about everything but he didn't have the shooter on him. He had it hid a few meters from where he told the person to meet him. Sorry but just had to point that out.

Go up and try put a bullet in one of the baby Flashys heads up in Coolock or Finglas and see how you get on ... not to mind someone like Guinea Pig, Wayne McNally, Freddie Thompson or the likes ...

Lord_Slong wrote: »
    Spot on about everything but he didn't have the shooter on him. He had it hid a few meters from where he told the person to meet him. Sorry but just had to point that out.

Yeah that’s completely right...and like a lot of these big dangerous psychos..in order to actually get him they had to set him up, it wasn’t just an ordinary hit. Similar with Neil Fitzgerald, another big formidable psycho. Couple of others of that type, same scenario. Kieran Keane in limerick they done it to as well. Again more on the point of it not just being a case of walking up to a fella and shooting him in the head. Heads in Dublin and Limerick have been wearing bulletproof vests and operating prepared for hits since the 90’s.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/gang-member-told-listen-your-22444596.amp

Which OCG was this chap aligned to up Coolock way ?

Update: Chap linked to the crew around Sean Little and them in Coolock...to answer my own question

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Joe Kane

Go up and try put a bullet in one of the baby Flashys heads up in Coolock or Finglas and see how you get on ... not to mind someone like Guinea Pig, Wayne McNally, Freddie Thompson or the likes ...

Would any of these Big players in Dublin not be able to fund or source a lad to pull the trigger on one of these feared mad bastards yer on about in the last 2/3 pages so because the whole feckin' place are scared of their bollixes of them? That's why they're surviving is it?

Yeah that’s completely right...and like a lot of these big dangerous psychos..in order to actually get him they had to set him up, it wasn’t just an ordinary hit. Similar with Neil Fitzgerald, another big formidable psycho. Couple of others of that type, same scenario. Kieran Keane in limerick they done it to as well. Again more on the point of it not just being a case of walking up to a fella and shooting him in the head. Heads in Dublin and Limerick have been wearing bulletproof vests and operating prepared for hits since the 90’s.

"Neil Fitz" there's a name I completely forgot. Dangerous chap, complete darkness behind them eyes

Joe Kane wrote: »
    Would any of these Big players in Dublin not be able to fund or source a lad to pull the trigger on one of these feared mad bastards yer on about in the last 2/3 pages so because the whole feckin' place are scared of their bollixes of them? That's why they're surviving is it?

Ok let’s put it like this ...look at all the big heads who want Freddie dead since the early 00’s...why isn’t he dead ? Sure they had the money, they had the people willing to pull the trig ...use your cranium

Some of the posts here are madness sometimes lads. I do always wonder if it's a Guard taking the piss or one of the lads in one of the jails. I'd love a glimpse at a few faces behind a few usernames, we definitely have Gardai, lags and Journalists here. What percentage of our user base is the real question!

Some of the posts here are madness sometimes lads. I do always wonder if it's a Guard taking the piss or one of the lads in one of the jails. I'd love a glimpse at a few faces behind a few usernames, we definitely have Gardai, lags and Journalists here. What percentage of our user base is the real question!

Yeah, the only lads that are real are the 'In The Know' crowd. The rest are journo's & shades!

I'd like to know what percentage is absolute muck that the 'In The Know' crowd is passing off as gospel.

There's a lot of my mickey is bigger than your mickey going on here now too.

I was actually accused of being a journalist on here a few months back funnily enough. I asked did anyone know of links between the Hutch crew and Christy Griffins mob as they both operated similar area. It’s something I often wondered over the years. In my gangland fantasy mind I want to believe Mago the King would have nothing to do with a dirty rapist like Griffin hahaha. I know Christy and Monk would have known each other back in the old school alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

Ok let’s put it like this ...look at all the big heads who want Freddie dead since the early 00’s...why isn’t he dead ? Sure they had the money, the had the people willing to pull the trig ...use you cranium

It's a forum lads. You're both excellent contributors but not everyone on here has grown up in environments like these or is an expert in gangland life. I'd say the majority of readers are insulated in relatively safe suburbs/rural areas where this stuff is completely alien and we don't know people or multiples of people that have shot or been shot.

Yeah, the only lads that are real are the 'In The Know' crowd. The rest are journo's & shades!

I'd like to know what percentage is absolute muck that the 'In The Know' crowd is passing off as gospel.

Fair point. Stuff about Desmond posted today though def 100% accurate. Common knowledge...I’m sure there stuff worse again that’s not common knowledge.
    Also we seem to have accurately identified the chap in the papers are putting in the frame for the Cherry Orchard shooting too pretty swiftly and a lot of background on feuds and factions in the area.
    So the thread running pretty ok for info in my opinion overall.

Everyone is real, I was just wondering what percentage of Guards, Journalists and people in jail we have.

It's a forum lads. You're both excellent contributors but not everyone on here has grown up in environments like these or is an expert in gangland life. I'd say the majority of readers are insulated in relatively safe suburbs/rural areas where this stuff is completely alien and we don't know people or multiples of people that have shot or been shot.

Everyone contributes. I'm just wondering if we get people from the categories I said trying to stir the pot.

Everyone is real, I was just wondering what percentage of Guards, Journalists and people in jail we have.

Impossible to tell. For all anyone knows here on this thread the 'In the Know' crowd are the Gardai.

I suppose that's one of the attractions of it. Not knowing who the feck anyone is or their motives for being here.

I was actually accused of being a journalist on here a few months back funnily enough. I asked did anyone know of links between the Hutch crew and Christy Griffins mob as they both operated similar area. It’s something I often wondered over the years. In my gangland fantasy mind I want to believe Mago the King would have nothing to do with a dirty rapist like Griffin hahaha. I know Christy and Monk would have known each other back in the old school alright.

That's actually a good question. Anyone here have any insight into this lads?

Impossible to tell. For all anyone knows here on this thread the 'In the Know' crowd are the Gardai.

I suppose that's one of the attractions of it. Not knowing who the feck anyone is or their motives for being here.

Spot-on pal, that's what's so intriguing to me.

Spot-on pal, that's what's so intriguing to me.

There’s def a few disappointed criminals on here looking to see is anyone is talking about them only to see their not as notorious as they hoped hahaha

There’s def a few disappointed criminals on here looking to see is anyone is talking about them only to see their not as notorious as they hoped hahaha

Haha I actually never thought of criminals checking to see if they're mentioned. Imagine the ones who thought they've gotten away with stuff see their names mentioned in something that happened 5 years ago haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 antics1

That's actually a good question. Anyone here have any insight into this lads?

Gangster gossip would have the answer to this question, unfortunately he seems to have gone off the radar in the last few weeks. He will be back on when DK arrives back on these shores in a pair of hand cuffs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement