Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

There was an armed robbery in baldoyle, maybe they headed back to the priorswood to celebrate.

It could be unrelated but there is the priorswood shops, the range, northside shopping centre, the coolock industrial estate, clare hall tesco shopping centre, lot of cash businesses because a large percentage of the locals dont believe in banks.

Also could just be one BIG drug dealer annoyed a local dealer doesnt buy off him and is sending his disposable gang of feral kids after them.

Or imagine if that BIG dealer had himself met his come-uppance....although highly unlikely, there does seem to be major Garda activity in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Or imagine if that BIG dealer had himself met his come-uppance....although highly unlikely, there does seem to be major Garda activity in the area.

If they get Big it wont be in moatview. Doesnt Mago have a bird or something in there.

If they get Big it wont be in moatview. Doesnt Mago have a bird or something in there.

Few people have said the helicopter was flying above Malahide road more so than Moatview...although the squad cars have flooded into Moatview. All will become clear soon I’m sure. The BIG dogs well out of reach no doubt, tucked in watching the FA cup final on the wide screen

Few people have said the helicopter was flying above Malahide road more so than Moatview...although the squad cars have flooded into Moatview. All will become clear soon I’m sure. The BIG dogs well out of reach no doubt, tucked in watching the FA cup final on the wide screen

It was over priorwood pub, clonshaugh and moatview. Flying in little circle even. For a good half hour. It woke me up I was having a little afternoon sleep as I was up early this morning. I could see it out the window from my bed.

And big doesnt live down that end of the malahide road.

Armed robbery in lidl baldoyle amazingly, whod have thought, but iceland coolock got done a few weeks ago too. Probably the same lads. Arrests made and gun seized.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

It was over priorwood pub, clonshaugh and moatview. Flying in little circle even. For a good half hour. It woke me up I was having a little afternoon sleep as I was up early this morning. I could see it out the window from my bed.

And big doesnt live down that end of the malahide road.
    Yep im in clonshaugh and it was directly above my head at one stage. The photo on dublin live is moatview. Probably one of the cul de sacs on the avenue possibly gardens. The chopper was more over clonshaugh and newbury than moatview funny enough.

Fella in his early 30s looks like he tried to rob the shop and just drive straight back to his gaf. Wouldnt say the lockdown is keeping him sober anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MTKcleaners

Whats the craic with the supposed close monkey attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Itchyfinger84

CrashH16 wrote: »
    It's heating up in Darndale...
    can i ask for a link or name for hotdog??didnt really cop onto him few pages back

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

can i ask for a link or name for hotdog??didnt really cop onto him few pages back

https://m.herald.ie/news/courts/dad-hid-78k-haul-of-cannabis-in-dustbins-28962137.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

Anyone know the story with McGregors brother in law? Read somewhere before he was caught in a house with around €50,000 worth of drugs and did a few years, who would he have been associated with?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 TomPeep

Mrlouth wrote: »
    Who killed Marlo?

Same person who killed paddy Hart in Edenmore originally from finglas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

I always wondered that aswell, seemed like he didnt seek vengence in order to not rock the boat. Maybe not the same but somewhat similar is the guy that shot GH apparently working for those who shot his uncle. I'd have to assume that despite being nephew and uncle they may not have had a good relationship or they just dont care because of what theyd jeporadise if they started to seek vengence. This has been spoken about before but i think kh (not 100% sure if it was him) was approached by the don to shoot someone well after marlo died, wonder how the don thought that was a good idea if it was indeed kh. That seemed to create the beginning of the end for the don aswell
    Think quinn and mf fell out in end
    Everyone seems to fall out with mf in the end
    A bit of a comical understatement considering the amount of people that have tried to kill him down the years

Don Logan wrote: »
    I know yeah I always wonder why they did it, he was in the kitchen at the time and Marlo was upstairs in his room he hardly would’ve been able to identify them like. Always sad when civilians get caught up in the crossfire
    According to an old paul williams sw article so take this way you want but young anthony would have known the shooter from around to see so in there eyes he had to go
    Scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 28 blondebomber8

Haladmirer wrote: »
    According to an old paul williams sw article so take this way you want but young anthony would have known the shooter from around to see so in there eyes he had to go
    Scumbags

As far as I remember I think JM knew Anthony Campbell from the NIC. JM is originally from summerhill and I think his mother had a shop there. Anthony Campbell was from the area as well. Not 100% on that tbh I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

As far as I remember I think JM knew Anthony Campbell from the NIC. JM is originally from summerhill and I think his mother had a shop there. Anthony Campbell was from the area as well. Not 100% on that tbh I could be wrong.

That young lad was from Greek st around the markets. Word at the time was he
    recognised JM.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭lcasey90

My ma grew up in cabra palled around with marlos sister she was beaten by her husband. My ma was talking to marlo awhile after and he told her he won't get away with killing his sister. Lad ended up shot dead. She said he was as nice as any lad growing up

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

lcasey90 wrote: »
    My ma grew up in cabra palled around with marlos sister she was beaten by her husband. My ma was talking to marlo awhile after and he told her he won't get away with killing his sister. Lad ended up shot dead. She said he was as nice as any lad growing up

What was the husband's name?

What was the husband's name?

Jeez I wouldn't know don't even know the sisters name was back a year or 2 after marlo was gunned down that she was telling me il see if anything is online

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/new-horror-find-for-tragic-young-mother-follows-parents-murders-26351210.html

This article mentions it, my mam had said that he'd said he wasn't home or somthing I may find out more bout it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Jeez I wouldn't know don't even know the sisters name was back a year or 2 after marlo was gunned down that she was telling me il see if anything is online

Michael Brady i think, raped and murdered her.

Yeah that's him was despised by locals in the area, I think she was planning on leaving him. Me bet her to death not sure on the rape part, then claimed he was in work or somthing and that someone else killed her.

Yeah that's him was despised by locals in the area, I think she was planning on leaving him. Me bet her to death not sure on the rape part, then claimed he was in work or somthing and that someone else killed her.

Yeah it was that incident where I’d first heard Marlo’s name back in the day. I remember his sister had been killed brutally by Brady years before,then hearing her bro was a young up-and-comer in the Cabra area. Then Brady was clipped. Marlo gained an air of respect and fear after that in the extended area. Aside from criminals, a lot of working class people in the area felt Brady had got his just desserts and Marlo got a bit of Robin Hood status in the Northside for a time. There was the famous photo of Brady shot dead with his mouth open behind the steering wheel doing the rounds in all the papers at the time. Marlo had been very close with his sister growing up by all accounts.

The issue was over time members of Marlo’s own gang would turn out just as sick and sadistic as Brady...the likes of Foster, Daly and Curran..pathetic wastes of human life. MH himself also a serial killing maniac too to be fair as were numerous head in the gang, as mentioned yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaryLouMacari

Be hard to forget that name if you a certain age
    Sw had a pic of him dead in his car face on view with mouth open,if i remember right
    Must have been before they invented pixilation
    We only had black bands over eyes in our day
    I still think its odd seeing the monks face without the blacked out eyes
    And before we had the blacked out eyes we only had a mickey mouse underpants

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

jay1988 wrote: »
    TBF I was in The Comet pub the day he was caught in the jacks with the Magnum, he looked every inch the bumbling idiot then.

Took me a second to realise you weren't talking about the ice cream

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Took me a second to realise you weren't talking about the ice cream

Any truth to the rumour he was attacked with the sharp end of a cornetto:D:D?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Yeah it was that incident where I’d first heard Marlo’s name back in the day. I remember his sister had been killed brutally by Brady years before,then hearing her bro was a young up-and-comer in the Cabra area. Then Brady was clipped. Marlo gained an air of respect and fear after that in the extended area. Aside from criminals, a lot of working class people in the area felt Brady had got his just desserts and Marlo got a bit of Robin Hood status in the Northside for a time. There was the famous photo of Brady shot dead with his mouth open behind the steering wheel doing the rounds in all the papers at the time. Marlo had been very close with his sister growing up by all accounts.

The issue was over time members of Marlo’s own gang would turn out just as sick and sadistic as Brady...the likes of Foster, Daly and Curran..pathetic wastes of human life. MH himself also a serial killing maniac too to be fair as were numerous head in the gang, as mentioned yesterday.
    **** me, I saw him clipped! Literally arrived about 30 seconds after. He was waiting for car park gates to open and was a sitting target. I did hear what he did previously and to be honest I felt little remorse for him.
    The 'funny' part of the story was that the apartment block where he was shot was put into lockdown - therein was a fella who was a serious hitter at the time. When the radio went out that there was a shooting at that apartment complex the cops automatically thought it's was the hitter had been shot - not anyone else - swarmed the place. Mental what went on. He got out that's all I'll say.
    Remember seeing the pic (and him) Head back on the headrest looking at the sunroof. When I saw him he had one small wound in the right side of his head. Wasn't keen to inspect the left side.
    Irony: Marlo did that on a motorbike. The fella in the apartment, the hitter, was done for a job he did on a motorbike. GPZ was his preferred motor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Lord_Slong

Am I mistaken for thinking that another of Marlo's sisters was with John Daly or am I imagining things. Good read BTW, cheers.

• Advertisement

Lord_Slong wrote: »
    Am I mistaken for thinking that another of Marlo's sisters was with John Daly or am I imagining things. Good read BTW, cheers.
    Other way around
    John daly was with marlo
    No sorry meant marlo was with john dalys sister

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement