Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Thethunder wrote: »
    I actually agree with that point about the Catholic Church being why drugs have not taken off in rural Ireland as much as they have in England.

Lots of very Conservative people still down the courtry.

You must be living in a different country mate.

Coke in every town in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭jimmyrustle

I actually agree with that point about the Catholic Church being why drugs have not taken off in rural Ireland as much as they have in England.

Drugs are absolutely everywhere down the sticks, and have been since time immemorial. I spent a lot of time in the North East region in my youth, back then it wouldn't be uncommon to see teenagers completely yoked out of it in regular local pubs never mind nightclubs.

The only possible difference would be that down the country you'd possibly have less "regular" people taking them than Dublin, that a higher proportion of recreational users would be absolute skangers compared to Dublin. But plenty of regular folk all the same.

Per head of population, probably not as much use, but plenty use all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Konig

PC and RL are the chief suspects for torturing and mutilating a 17 year old, why in gods name would PC get state protection for putting the blame on a dead man. Its ridiculous

Maybe PC acted without telling the Boys, RL was probably not even there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Rural Ireland & rural England would be similar with regards to the usage of drugs.

And the Catholic Church are responsible for a their fair share of addiction in Ireland today, after the years of psychological, physical and sexual abuse, a lot of the older drug addicts could tell many stories of the impact the CC has had on drug usage in Ireland.

I disagree.

It's usually the scum if the towns involved in it, those who were reared watching their parents drink for a living in council houses who are involved in taking this stuff.

The decent middle class kids don't touch it, more values, still influence by the Catholic Church.

To be fair you'd get that middle class straight laced cohort in Dublin as well. Contrary to public perception cocaine really isn't rampant among bankers compared to, say, bricklayers. There's a certain class of "head screwed on" people, into GAA, cared about their leaving cert, good (or tight) with money, that just wouldn't be into that lifestyle. I was always amazed when I'd go to raves abroad how many people were from different tiers of society, working class to wealthy. Whereas I don't recall many kids from Dalkey and Kiliney at Godskitchen back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    No he’s not untouchable no one is but sure who is after him?????????????? Even if someone was after him goodluck getting him if the ra didn’t even retaliate. And plenty wanted robbie dead bit different hahah how you even comparing them who wants big dead

Sometimes I'd say these fellas are shot for no other reason than someone else wants to be further up the rung. I'm not saying anyone in particular is after Big, but someone could just feel if he was gone it opens up the market. This all comes back to one thing...Money. They are all targets, regardless of who they are. Look at all the cretins in the video in Darndale celebrating RLs death. Those lads are the next crop of wannabes. It's the circle of Life for scum bags. They see the Audi , Rolex and YSL hand luggage and think how great it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

I disagree.

It's usually the scum if the towns involved in it, those who were reared watching their parents drink for a living in council houses who are involved in taking this stuff.

The decent middle class kids don't touch it, more values, still influence by the Catholic Church.

I thought you might be trolling, now confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

You can believe what you want.

Some people have an agenda against the church.

The church and its values helped keep strong values in rural Ireland for decades. We have to be thankful for that to an extent.

Apologies, if this veered off topic.

Nothing to believe kid, where I come from this would be considered factual because it’s the reality for a lot of people, I even personally know of friends who say they wouldn’t be alive today if it wasn’t for drugs, as that was their only relief from the years of torment they received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Coke is everywhere why pretend any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dramalama80

Same man haha

PC missus wins hands down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

HairyFeet wrote: »
    Be careful there Omar he knows his John gills from his John gillards

find it strange why they would've had to change their name all them years ago because he's being using it since he was 16 or 17

another reason he could've changed it is because his real name is john gilligan and when he first attended gangland college he had the same name of the college's most well known graduates.... really that's the sort of bull**** people actually think goes on ffs lol

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

I disagree.

In the town I'm from everyone is at it. Tradesmen, college graduates, sports people, regular joes. It's the same everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Throwaway 20

You can believe what you want.

Some people have an agenda against the church.

The church and its values helped keep strong values in rural Ireland for decades. We have to be thankful for that to an extent.

Apologies, if this veered off topic.

That's a valid point but then you lose all credibility when you say middle class kids abstain from cocaine and working class kids lap it up.

That's a valid point but then you lose all credibility when you say middle class kids abstain from cocaine and working class kids lap it up.

It's true to be honest.

I've briefly worked in office environments for spells.

If I was to tell a group of people in the canteen that I'd engaged in recreational drug use at the weekend some of their jaws would drop. I'd probably get a sly ratting to management and be told to keep my exploits to myself.

On a floor of 50 staff I'd be surprised if more than 7 had ever imbibed anything stronger than a joint.

On a building site or a factory or a kitchen I'd say that figure would be switched around, for men under age 55 anyway.

There are large swathes of Irish society where such behavior is completely unacceptable and unheard of.

I disagree.

Your living under a rock. People from all classes from the scum to even the rich from Dublin to mayo to Kerry take drugs. All youd have to do is go on a college night out and you’ll see that people from very respectable families take it aswell. Do you not remember someone got caught selling drugs in dcu about two years ago. He was soft enough and not like your typical Dublin dealer he’s from mayo and youd call him minimum middle class and if he was selling on the streets in Dublin I’d say there would have been a lot of people not paying him but in the college he was making a good bit apparently

I disagree.

I was actually working with a lad from leitrim came from a rural farming family and him and all his friends would be on it every weekend

Your living under a rock. People from all classes from the scum to even the rich from Dublin to mayo to Kerry take drugs. All youd have to do is go on a college night out and you’ll see that people from very respectable families take it aswell. Do you not remember someone got caught selling drugs in dcu about two years ago. He was soft enough and not like your typical Dublin dealer he’s from mayo and youd call him minimum middle class and if he was selling on the streets in Dublin I’d say there would have been a lot of people not paying him but in the college he was making a good bit apparently

Plenty of college people, rural and city, do it, yes.

But a certain section do not and would be abhorred by it. More so than, say, tradesmen.

If half of Kiliney and Dalkey really were addicted to cocaine the richest dealers in the country would be lads from Ballybrack and Shankill.

But a certain section do not and would be abhorred by it. More so than, say, tradesmen.

If half of Kiliney and Dalkey really were addicted to cocaine the richest dealers in the country would be lads from Ballybrack and Shankill.

Yeah I respect maybe some of the richest people from small areas like that don’t do it but drugs are still present in every class sure they’re big even in Dundalk grammar school which is a posh boarding school paying €6k a year to go to

It's true to be honest.

I've briefly worked in office environments for spells.

If I was to tell a group of people in the canteen that I'd engaged in recreational drug use at the weekend some of their jaws would drop. I'd probably get a sly ratting to management and be told to keep my exploits to myself.

On a floor of 50 staff I'd be surprised if more than 7 had ever imbibed anything stronger than a joint.

On a building site or a factory or a kitchen I'd say that figure would be switched around, for men under age 55 anyway.

There are large swathes of Irish society where such behavior is completely unacceptable and unheard of.

Whereas I'm the scum he referred to, born in poverty and into a family torn by addiction.

However I've never touched a drug in my life.

I've in a very well paid job and mix more with the middle upper classes nowadays. Most lads and lassies I know are ****in hoover's for the white stuff.

Most lads and lassies I know where I was raised from are also hoover's for the white stuff.

It's rampant everywhere. I'm sure your work colleagues don't openly divulge this information.

Oh man, you really have no idea.

99% of the lads you read about here are notorious because of the areas they sell in and the people they sell too.

Where you buy your coke is not the same person Mr Banker/Politician/CEO buys his coke from.

Plus many of these people are clever enough to not **** where they eat, as opposed to general working class punters.

• Advertisement

It's rampant everywhere. I'm sure your work colleagues don't openly divulge this information.

I've been out with these people.

They're so straight laced you could nearly feel a vibe off them as you drink your 7th pint.

There are some very quiet people in this country, and most of them are of a certain background.

Where you buy your coke is not the same person Mr Banker/Politician/CEO buys his coke from.

So they obtain it where? The dark net?

I've always imagined that the link between posh lads ad drug dealers is probably the solicitor of the group.

I don't doubt it's rampant in sections of the media and such.

But John the data processor in AIB and his girlfriend Maura the insurance underwriter from Mayo?

Not a hope, generally speaking.

I've been out with these people.

They're so straight laced you could nearly feel a vibe off them as you drink your 7th pint.

There are some very quiet people in this country, and most of them are of a certain background.

There's good and bad in every community and section of society. That's not what I'm debating. Cocaine addiction is a problem in Ireland and that extends all classes.

As someone who mixes between classes I can tell you without any doubt that is the case. However the harmful affects of cocaine production/consumption are ravishing the poorer classes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

This is a ****ing gangland shooting thread
    **** off with this bull****

Anyway this is about gangland shootings not who takes and doesn’t take drugs. Just watching last nights inside the k anyone know who that was who took chase in the mondeo, travellers was it? They were smart enough the way they managed to get rid of the firearms and then when the helicopter came hopping into another vecihle and jumping out at different times made it hard for the guards . They way they thought straight away as well to turn off the car lights

So they obtain it where? The dark net?

No. They have dealers.
    I've always imagined that the link between posh lads ad drug dealers is probably the solicitor of the group..

Which is often the case with the drugs dealers who you read about. But who do you think they work for. Follow the chain
    I don't doubt it's rampant in sections of the media and such.

You could not be further from the truth, I promise you that. You think Katie French and Gerry Ryan where a one off?
    But John the data processor in AIB and his girlfriend Maura the insurance underwriter from Mayo?

Not a hope, generally speaking.

You would be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 HairyFeet

I disagree.

That is an absolutely abysmal post. So if 'John' had alcoholic parents then 'John' is scum of the town doing coke?

From that post alone I can tell you have more than likely never done coke, which is respectable no doubting that, or have never been around anybody that does take coke.

Coke is a dinner table drug it's not the lower classes that take the most coke it's the middle to upper class as that's where the money for it is.

If I'm 'John the scumbags from alcoholic parents and council estates', do you really think I've the money to drop 80 to 100 euro on a gram of coke??

Not attacking you for not having done the stuff but you're out of touch if you think you know the scéal

• Registered Users Posts: 46 HairyFeet

Ucntcme wrote: »
    find it strange why they would've had to change their name all them years ago because he's being using it since he was 16 or 17

another reason he could've changed it is because his real name is john gilligan and when he first attended gangland college he had the same name of the college's most well known graduates.... really that's the sort of bull**** people actually think goes on ffs lol

Ah I was only having a bit of craic mate no malice, but I don't think people do genuinely think that **** goes on haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Anyway this is about gangland shootings not who takes and doesn’t take drugs. Just watching last nights inside the k anyone know who that was who took chase in the mondeo, travellers was it? They were smart enough the way they managed to get rid of the firearms and then when the helicopter came hopping into another vecihle and jumping out at different times made it hard for the guards . They way they thought straight away as well to turn off the car lights
    Twill be Quantum Mechanics Next for these Lads. They’ll be leaving Einstein in their Slip-Stream !

• Advertisement

HairyFeet wrote: »
    Not attacking you for not having done the stuff but you're out of touch if you think you know the scéal

That's it. Unfortunately there are many more like him and that includes the hypocrites that do coke.

People all over social media showing there disgrace a when a kid gets dismembered or a gang member gets blasted in broad daylight and meanwhile doing a few lines a couple hours later before they head out. Not seeing they're part of the problems.

Ah well it doesn't happen on my doorstep is the general attitude. Meanwhile innocent people are living next door to people who's houses are getting petrol bombed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement