Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Don't be sorry to me, keep it coming in any language you like.

Were the dum dums ripped of by some Dub go between, I hope so, there's article of Wayne and dessie celebrateing in the jail, they're either very low on cash, or wanted to make there name dundon all over the media.

They weren't ripped off. Their 50k got took off them by Gardai. Who were possibly tipped off.

Cash is king to those lads. Imagine going to all that trouble and risk and then losing the money at the final jump. You'd be sick as a pig.

It looks like we're going to have another travellers feud soon. And these lads won't be making stupid drunken WhatsApp videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Lord_Slong

Don't be sorry to me, keep it coming in any language you like.

Were the dum dums ripped of by some Dub go between, I hope so, there's article of Wayne and dessie celebrateing in the jail, they're either very low on cash, or wanted to make there name dundon all over the media.

Well they deserve there jail time Tbh autocorrect is a bastard. It prompted words that aren't even in the vocabulary

Konig wrote: »
    Everyone knows that

Enlighten me. You don't even have to say name mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Konig

Lord_Slong wrote: »
    Enlighten me. You don't even have to say name mate

Ok well not everyone! I suppose everyone has an idea who was behind it and why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

blinding wrote: »
    Worst Imports since Cromwell ! ( Ok, he was only a Tourist )

To where ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

To use a crude Love/Hate analogy, from everything I've been reading Robbie Lawlor seems to have been akin to the likes of Hughie (Cue Ball) in Season One, or Tuco Salamanca in Breaking Bad, in being a totally unpredictable loose cannon who would fly off the handle at a moment's notice. I keep hearing that even his own crew are probably somewhat relieved that he's not around anymore given this air of "even his best mates aren't safe if he loses his sh!t" kind of vibe he seems to have had.

I don't know anyone remotely close to this feud though so that's really just gossip from social media and from comments on articles etc. Just seems that he'd become unpredictable enough that literally nobody connected with him felt any safety from his rages by virtue of being good friends or close "business" partners, and that he'd developed a sort of Darth Vader esque thing where the closer you got to him, the more danger you were in.

Is that at all accurate from those around here who'd know about this feud? If any of that is accurate, it smacks of the Cotton Eyed Joe Delaney era, he was known to have a similar sort of "doesn't matter how friendly or close you are, if he's in your life, you're in danger of a random moment of bloodlust from him" from all the press reports about him back in the '90s.

Where have dundons family moved to after leaving uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dnargel

To use a crude Love/Hate analogy, from everything I've been reading Robbie Lawlor seems to have been akin to the likes of Hughie (Cue Ball) in Season One, or Tuco Salamanca in Breaking Bad, in being a totally unpredictable loose cannon who would fly off the handle at a moment's notice. I keep hearing that even his own crew are probably somewhat relieved that he's not around anymore given this air of "even his best mates aren't safe if he loses his sh!t" kind of vibe he seems to have had.

I don't know anyone remotely close to this feud though so that's really just gossip from social media and from comments on articles etc. Just seems that he'd become unpredictable enough that literally nobody connected with him felt any safety from his rages by virtue of being good friends or close "business" partners, and that he'd developed a sort of Darth Vader esque thing where the closer you got to him, the more danger you were in.

Is that at all accurate from those around here who'd know about this feud? If any of that is accurate, it smacks of the Cotton Eyed Joe Delaney era, he was known to have a similar sort of "doesn't matter how friendly or close you are, if he's in your life, you're in danger of a random moment of bloodlust from him" from all the press reports about him back in the '90s.

Sure even his own son gave evidence against him. A f**king looper

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kotou2

Dnargel wrote: »
    Sure even his own son gave evidence against him. A f**king looper

RL son only primary school age, no evidence given. Who u talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Made in China 2040

pablo128 wrote: »
    They weren't ripped off. Their 50k got took off them by Gardai. Who were possibly tipped off.

Cash is king to those lads. Imagine going to all that trouble and risk and then losing the money at the final jump. You'd be sick as a pig.

It looks like we're going to have another travellers feud soon. And these lads won't be making stupid drunken WhatsApp videos.

Not fact at the moment, but hear me out.

100% they were tipped off not intelligence led. Bounty was 100k and a dub go between took it, 50k was then got dispatch from Drogheda which the guards let take place and arrested the women, thanking the Drogheda lads while wishing them safe home. Haha..

There's no dundon gang, that's why ger and nephew had to go, they've very little associates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

It's obviously been widely reported that he was a total psycho and that everyone was right to be afraid of him but I wouldn't say that was true. He definitely turned on people that were once his friends or acquaintances but they would have done something to fall out of his favour. I knew him to be fiercely loyal to those close to him and would do anything for anyone as long as they hadn't crossed him; it was then that you were fecked.

I knew him more years ago and have seen him and been in his company less and less as the years went on but he was always a bit tapped. Definitely a funny fella and nice to be around surprisingly, but always had an overbearing personality. So whilst the media portrayal is correct in parts he wasn't a total psycho in my opinion.

kotou2 wrote: »
    RL son only primary school age, no evidence given. Who u talking about?

Responding to the message above. Joe Delaney. Nothing to do with R.L.

brady12 wrote: »
    Where have dundons family moved to after leaving uk?

Weston in Limerick. Wayne's missus house is pixelated on the main road ,but stands out a mile.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/45000-price-a-steal-but-wayne-dundons-next-door-26693955.html

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭John_Gill

The flahpoints of a lot areas mate

Clues in the name "flashpoints" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Anon165

I've seen a picture of RL's mother, she looks a nice lady, very ordinary and non-gansgster like.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Prisoner 0922156

Anon165 wrote: »
    I've seen a picture of RL's mother, she looks a nice lady, very ordinary and non-gansgster like.

What were you expecting???? :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

To where ?
    To Ireland. didn’t the Dundons come from London to Limerick ? ?

can anyone tell me about what happened to a certain fella from kilrush ? Has he retired at the top in Spain without getting clipped or jailed ? I wonder who tried clip him in 2003 at his house was it the keane collopy crew .

John_Gill wrote: »
    Clues in the name "flashpoints" ?

On the ball.

On the ball.

Hi might take up the social isolation for the weekend now so!!

• Advertisement

can anyone tell me about what happened to a certain fella from kilrush ? Has he retired at the top in Spain without getting clipped or jailed ? I wonder who tried clip him in 2003 at his house was it the keane collopy crew .

I can tell you are hold back on us brady, let it out haha.

It's was blamed on the Keanes alright, and he can be named Anothony Kelly kilrush he's named in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

Anon165 wrote: »

can you usually pick out a gangster mother while their put doing their weekly shopping then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Joe Delaneys son testified against him in the murder of Mark Dwyer.

By all accounts it wasn't a quick death.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

What fascinating to me is how all these lads seem to have countrywide allegiances so easy.

Like they can ask lads from Limerick for help so quick or the Limerick lads can set people up by talking to the gang in Drogheda.

How do they all have numbers and lines of access so readily available?

Do they have some private forum for communicating or something!!

I can tell you are hold back on us brady, let it out haha.

It's was blamed on the Keanes alright, and he can be named Anothony Kelly kilrush he's named in the papers.

Was he the real brains behind the McCarthy dundons or did he set up Wayne dundons to fall ? Heard something before like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

What fascinating to me is how all these lads seem to have countrywide allegiances so easy.

Like they can ask lads from Limerick for help so quick or the Limerick lads can set people up by talking to the gang in Drogheda.

It's more that suppliers have the main players numbers and anyone wanting to do business with another gang can get their number through them

It was horrible. I know a lad that was dealing with him that was implicated in it and he went on the straight and narrow after the case. He would have had Scott done if he had the chance. Apparently he put a £10k bounty on his sons head.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Anon165

Smoke signals. Seriously people can smell money hundreds of miles away.

Somebody will bump into somebody at a party or event and exchange numbers or you can look people up on social and send a message.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Snapchat and WhatsApp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

I see that Scott Delaney got himself into a bit of hot water in France & Belgium recently.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/news/3818256/son-gangland-killer-cotten-eye-joe-jailed-france/amp/

Cotton Eye Joe has another son Robert, anyone know where he is now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement