Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seantomo

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Nearly as much as Robbie yet not a word about him in papers really

There wasnt a word about RL unitl recently either, anyone from the Coolock area would of known about him last 10 + years but very little in papers until last year or so.

There was a good bit in papers re TB before he went hiding to UK for a few years but never named as he was on bail for serious charges they would always refer to him as DKs phsycotic hitman, he was only smuggled back in to do a hit and got caught .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

I know.. You obviously missed the joke it my comment hense the seemingly.sorry probably shouldn't but was making a bad attempt of a dig/joke a banana republics expense who claimed the above yesterday.

Point proven even the Irish Times printed it. ;)

And gardaí had also warned him his life was in danger as a result of a dispute he was involved in with a significant gangland figure from north Dublin. That feud resulted from Lawlor’s suspected role in the murder of Dubliner Keith Finn in Darndale, north Dublin, two years ago.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/robbie-lawlor-murder-inquiry-fifth-man-questioned-released-from-custody-1.4225409?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 46 HairyFeet

JMMCapital wrote: »
    Who killed little? Was it flashy’s order

Not flashy, caolan Smyth used to be aligned to flashy but have fallen out if I'm not mistaken.

The Iranian set Sean up that's why he was done in the front garden

Can still see the where his blood puddled and ran out of the garden, quite grim

Also another person on that hit is talked about an awful lot on here

And gardaí had also warned him his life was in danger as a result of a dispute he was involved in with a significant gangland figure from north Dublin. That feud resulted from Lawlor’s suspected role in the murder of Dubliner Keith Finn in Darndale, north Dublin, two years ago.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/robbie-lawlor-murder-inquiry-fifth-man-questioned-released-from-custody-1.4225409?mode=amp

Irish Times isnt talking about Flashy, My God you talk some scutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Possibly Trevor Deely? He went missing close to there

It's not that close, must be 1.5 or 2 km. That's a long way to travel in the city without anybody seeing anything.

By the sounds of it, they were found around the edge of the army barracks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 AsYouWere

Morning all, long time follower of this thread as well as the older ones. As a fellow poster mentioned earlier, although the subject matter is fairly mental, it's fascinating! Up until the KMW murder I wouldn't have had much interest in it all and wouldn't follow much of it but now I can't help but check this thread and the news daily!

This might sound ridiculous but in Flashy's profile pic on FB, does anyone think the guy on the left bears a striking resemblance to the psychotic hitman who met his demise last weekend?!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

AsYouWere wrote: »
    Morning all, long time follower of this thread as well as the older ones. As a fellow poster mentioned earlier, although the subject matter is fairly mental, it's fascinating! Up until the KMW murder I wouldn't have had much interest in it all and wouldn't follow much of it but now I can't help but check this thread and the news daily!

This might sound ridiculous but in Flashy's profile pic on FB, does anyone think the guy on the left bears a striking resemblance to the psychotic hitman who met his demise last weekend?!

It’s not him, it’s the nephew of a major Finglas criminal who met his demise quite some time ago in tragic circumstances.

I don’t really see a resemblance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AsYouWere

Thesiger wrote: »
    It’s not him, it’s the nephew of a major Finglas criminal who met his demise quite some time ago in tragic circumstances.

I don’t really see a resemblance.

Ah I know it isn't him but I just think the guy looks like RL. I remember seeing a photo of RL alongside RC wearing a similar looking red tshirt and then saw Flashy's FB and it got the imagination going lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Are many of these Inbred and coming from the same circle ?

They seem to be of low inteligence which is also a sign of being Inbred !

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

seantomo wrote: »
    John Gilligan, Dougie Moran, Eddie Hutch and Noel Duggan.

Was Cumberton mentioned for doing Noel Duggan aswell? Or maybe that was Duck egg I'm not sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Paul Williams on the Pat Kenny show with his usual exaggeration.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Anon165 wrote: »
    Why did all this gangster activity start in around 1996, that seems to be the start of it from what I can make out and it's just snowballed from there.

What are the key factors, maybe political, maybe economic. I don't know.

It was getting too difficult to rob banks drugs was much easier money

Owen is a complicated one, as they tried to blown his head off but it jammed, and they stabbed him multiple times and he played dead, from a hard working family too.

April was because she split with ger wouldn't let him see the kids and banging a rapist John and Wayne threatened her , they gards couldn't get the dundons, they were using young males, so gards gave her a deal, banging out the brown in their faces.

Is Owen on the straight and narrow now or whats his story??

Brawler666 wrote: »
    Was he going to do a hit and who

I stand to be corrected here, but was it mentioned at the time that he was going to do Flashy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Very quiet on the gangland front this year in Dublin. I thought there would be a big lull after Mulready Woods murder. And there has been. Not one murder in Dublin since and thats three months ago.

There really is no comparison to gangland in Dublin now and back a decade or so when up to 15 - 20 gangland murders a year was not uncommon in Dublin. Or during the Hutch feud . Its a different ball game now. Full of scummy little feral youths with infamous monikers who are more renowned for what they wear than what they do. It's all gone a bit boring. I see nothing but loud, lowlife morons involved. And our dirty traveller friends who the corona virus wouldn't dare attempt to poison.

Anon165 wrote: »
    Why did all this gangster activity start in around 1996, that seems to be the start of it from what I can make out and it's just snowballed from there.

What are the key factors, maybe political, maybe economic. I don't know.

I wouldn't say it started in 1996. Organised crime seemed to revolve around Robberies and Kidnappings etc. in the 80s until everyone saw what the Dunnes were making on drugs and seemed easier money. In and around 1996 with John Gilligan and co. it just went to a new level. Since then there are more and more players which obv leads to killing etc..

Very quiet on the gangland front this year in Dublin. I thought there would be a big lull after Mulready Woods murder. And there has been. Not one murder in Dublin since and thats three months ago.

There really is no comparison to gangland in Dublin now and back a decade or so when up to 15- 20 gangland hits a year was not uncommon in Dublin. Or during the Hutch feud . Its a different ball game now. Full of scummy little feral youths with infamous monikers who are more renowned for what they wear than what they do. It's all gone a bit boring. I see nothing but loud, lowlife morons involved. And our dirty traveller friends who the corona virus wouldn't even attempt to poison.

Yeah, the city’s reputation for gang violence is a lot worse than the reality.

In fairness there’s been a few botched hits - Kilbarrack, St Margaret’s, Finglas, Clondalkin, possibly one or two more I can’t remember now. Seems the shooters still on the street aren’t the most lethal bunch.

(Edit): actually the Clondalkin shooting I had in mind was December, not 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

In fairness there’s been a few botched hits - Kilbarrack, St Margaret’s, Finglas, Clondalkin, possibly one or two more I can’t remember now. Seems the shooters still on the street aren’t the most lethal bunch.

The younger ones are generally pretty skewed when it comes to carrying out a hit. I know it's not Dublin but just look at the Boy Bros and co. in Drogheda. Couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo when it mattered.

Stooped wrote: »
    The younger ones are generally pretty skewed when it comes to carrying out a hit. I know it's not Dublin but just look at the Boy Bros and co. in Drogheda. Couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo when it mattered.

If you look at the list of Kinahan aligned hitmen locked up there was a few serious operators there to be fair. The ones left are only cutting their teeth

Stooped wrote: »

I think also the guards have done a decent job getting some of the more serious guys off the street and also intercepting a few hits - they must have prevented three or four hits in Coolock alone last year.

• Advertisement

I think also the guards have done a decent job getting some of the more serious guys off the street and also intercepting a few hits - they must have prevented three or four hits in Coolock alone last year.

Fair point. They got a serious handle on the Hutch feud. Prevented something like 50 murders. And many were imminent. And that was only in a couple of years. That's when the city was really at war. Up to 20 big players sat in a ****ty cell now for up to 15-25 years for taking that dirty blood money. Was it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Norrie7

I wouldn't say it started in 1996. Organised crime seemed to revolve around Robberies and Kidnappings etc. in the 80s until everyone saw what the Dunnes were making on drugs and seemed easier money. In and around 1996 with John Gilligan and co. it just went to a new level. Since then there are more and more players which obv leads to killing etc..

First ever gangland shooting was Michael Crinnion in Cork in 1995

Norrie7 wrote: »
    First ever gangland shooting was Michael Crinnion in Cork in 1995

What about the general and Paddy Shannahan?

(Edit): actually the Clondalkin shooting I had in mind was December, not 2020.
    Compared to most similar sized citys in UK and even Western Europe Dublins gang murder rate and attempted murder rate is much higher, Dublin has more gang shootings then London a city 10 times its size, hopefully with the main players put away in the last few years things will quiet down in future.

seantomo wrote: »
    Compared to most similar sized citys in UK and even Western Europe Dublins gang murder rate and attempted murder rate is much higher, Dublin has more gang shootings then London a city 10 times its size, hopefully with the main players put away in the last few years things will quiet down in future.

Is there somewhere with reliable stats on this? I’d be interested to compare.

8 murders in Dublin in 2019. Zero so far in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Out of all the Dundon brothers, who would be classed as the biggest nutter or are they all equally as mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

What about the general and Paddy Shannahan?

The gen was clipped by the RA - that's not gangland - related to a shooting outside a pub in Pearse St.
    Paddy was a bit gangland - but still on the fringes of the 'movement'.
    Once the lads signed up to a peace deal mid 90's all hell was unleashed - tell me that was a coincidence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭PaddyK2020

You're banned from here, more absolute sh1te from ya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭PaddyK2020

AsYouWere wrote: »

No resemblance whatsoever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement