Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

Out of all the Dundon brothers, who would be classed as the biggest nutter or are they all equally as mad?

Wayne surely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Norrie7 wrote: »
    First ever gangland shooting was Michael Crinnion in Cork in 1995

I remember Johny Reddin getting whacked in the Blue Lion, Parnell St, around then. Might been 1996.

Anyone know the story of when the blacks who were moving into the area back then came into the Blue Lion looking for protection money? They were told to come back later that evening and few calls were made and when the blacks came back Gerry Hutch and co. were there to meet them and lets just say by the end of the meeting getting a few bob was the least of the black lads worries. That was the beginning and the end of the blacks reign on Parnell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

8 murders in Dublin in 2019. Zero so far in 2020.

42 in London for 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Anyone know the story of when the blacks who were moving into the area back then came into the Blue Lion looking for protection money? They were told to come back later that evening and few calls were made and when the blacks came back Gerry Hutch and co. were there to meet them and lets just say by the end of the meeting getting a few bob was the least of the black lads worries. That was the beginning and the end of the blacks reign on Parnell St.

They made the same mistake in a certain pud in Dundalk and ended up taking a wee spin out the road - not a peep afterwards lol

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

I remember Johny Reddin getting whacked in the Blue Lion, Parnell St, around then. Might been 1996.

Was there a lot of killings and drama in the Blue Lion over the years? The Monk owned it didn't he

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Brawler666 wrote: »
    So just the local scumbag. Can't see him saving him

He was one of the westies,has more blood on his hands than flashy. Not just the local scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seantomo

Yeah the Nigerians were battered with hurls and baseball bats and sent on there way, then the Chinese took over.

Was there a lot of killings and drama in the Blue Lion over the years? The Monk owned it didn't he

No more drama than usua in around the north inner city. Dont remember any other murder in there. Dont act the bollox and you'd be alright. Long gone now. Many still drinking across the road now in Reillys/Judges. Not a bad spot. Used to ses the Monk and Eddie Hutch in there most Sundays.

punchdrunk wrote: »
    42 in London for 2019

Deffo wasnt 42 gangland shootings.

seantomo wrote: »

As far as i know there was a near record homicide rate of over 100 in London last year but the vast majority were knife killings. Id guess around 10 gun murders. I remember reading about it last year sometime. London is bolloxed with black and Muslim gangs knife crime.

• Advertisement

As far as i know there was a near record homicide rate of over 100 in London last year but the vast majority were knife killings. Id guess around 10 gun murders. I remember reading about it last year sometime. London is bolloxed with black and Muslim gangs knife crime.

Yeah thats what im getting at, Dublin is a safe city for most part just not if your involved in Drugs.

Yeah the Nigerians were battered with hurls and baseball bats and sent on there way, then the Chinese took over.

At least they added to the area. Could nip in for a nice meal between sessions in the local boozers. All the blacks had was hair salon joints and us white Irish had no need to get our hair platted.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    Still wrong to assume it was the monkey gang who shot him in finglas. I dunno who it was but no point assuming

he shot at a house in finglas and the house he shot at had guns in it so they shot back and got him in the leg.. when they asked him who he was doing it for he gave a name.. i haven't seen the name on here yet so i won't be repeating what i heard

Yeah thats what im getting at, Dublin is a safe city for most part just not if your involved in Drugs.

Give it 5 yeara and we'll have our first black on black murders in Dublin. Can see it happening already. Big feud between Blanch and Tallaght simmering away. They dont seem to have got their hands on any guns as yet but plenty of violence. They dont dare mix it with local Irish/Dublin gangs. Not yet but down the line they'll be players. Like across the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Prisoner 0922156

Ucntcme wrote: »
    he shot at a house in finglas and the house he shot at had guns in it so they shot back and got him in the leg.. when they asked him who he was doing it for he gave a name.. i haven't seen the name on here yet so i won't be repeating what i heard

At least give us a clue :D

No more drama than usua in around the north inner city. Dont remember any other murder in there. Dont act the bollox and you'd be alright. Long gone now. Many still drinking across the road now in Reillys/Judges. Not a bad spot. Used to ses the Monk and Eddie Hutch in there most Sundays.

john redden was shot there in 96 but if i remember correctly derek hutch snr nearly got it too only for another customer threw a chair at the gunman

At least give us a clue :D

he is part of the gang wearing the manbags and gucci hats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭PaddyK2020

Was it SM?

Heres a few articles of some of the earlier hits in 90s Dublin and the Blue lion, for some reason gangland hits really took off in 96, it must of had something to do with the Provos calling a ceasefire, harldy a coincidence.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/drugs-bring-mafia-wars-to-dublin-streets-1346881.html

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gunman-panics-after-bungled-bid-to-shoot-pub-customer-26173469.html

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Gucci flip flops

They all wear mandbags and gucci hats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Brawler666

No he was going to shoot bottles with Nidge in a forrest, was up on his Bebo.

I think he's narrowing it down to the Gucci gang

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Prisoner 0922156

Ah yes I'd seen that.
    Wasn't there a rumour that was a bit of a set-up and the shooter knew they were coming?

like i said i will not repeating the name i heard because I'm not sure how true it is and i haven't seen him mentioned on here before so i hope that clue narrows it down for you

Ah yes I'd seen that.
    Wasn't there a rumour that was a bit of a set-up and the shooter knew they were coming?

i know what your getting at but i dont think this one was expected to arrive. it just so happened these people had guns in the house at the time it was shot at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Brawler666

like i said i will not repeating the name i heard because I'm not sure how true it is and i haven't seen him mentioned on here before so i hope that clue narrows it down for you

An enforcer? Or one of the pretty boys. CS?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

John Gilligan, Dougie Moran, Eddie Hutch and Noel Duggan.

And Baiba Saulite in Swords

Brawler666 wrote: »
    I think he's narrowing it down to the Gucci gang

everyone on here thinks they know a thing or 2 like your assuming I'm a "he" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

According to the guardian

Killings linked to gang violence have more than doubled in the last five years, from 17 in 2014 to 44 in 2018 and 42 in 2019.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Anon165 wrote: »
    Why did all this gangster activity start in around 1996, that seems to be the start of it from what I can make out and it's just snowballed from there.

What are the key factors, maybe political, maybe economic. I don't know.

Paul William's book Badfellas provides a pretty good analysis on how the crime scene changed over time in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

everyone on here thinks they know a thing or 2 like your assuming I'm a "he" ;)
    Its getting to the stage now that if we say you are a man then you are a man !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement