Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Gucci flip flops

Brawler666 wrote: »
    I think he's narrowing it down to the Gucci gang

I know but what I'm saying is all the gucci gang wear manbags and gucci hats haha so it could be any of em

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Gucci flip flops

Ucntcme wrote: »
    like i said i will not repeating the name i heard because I'm not sure how true it is and i haven't seen him mentioned on here before so i hope that clue narrows it down for you

Is it not the fella that went to england to do the lie detector test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Brawler666

I know but what I'm saying is all the gucci gang wear manbags and gucci hats haha so it could be any of em

I know ye and said he hasn't been mentioned on the thread either.

I know a few names in the gang that aren't thrown around much but I'm not sitting here naming them until I get it right haha

CS?

Apparently he's ****ed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

I know ye and said he hasn't been mentioned on the thread either.

I know a few names in the gang that aren't thrown around much but I'm not sitting here naming them until I get it right haha

it's not like i want to play a game of guess who. theres no point guessing anyway because the names you put up i will not be saying if their right or wrong anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭PaddyK2020

He's on remand.

Ucntcme wrote: »
    it's not like i want to play a game of guess who. theres no point guessing anyway because the names you put up i will not be saying if their right or wrong anyway

Alright well do u have any info on CS nowadays? He came back after doing the test and had a hit on him but nothing ever happened

PaddyK2020 wrote: »
    He's on remand.

Safest place for him

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

Alright well do u have any info on CS nowadays? He came back after doing the test and had a hit on him but nothing ever happened

He was arrested for attempted murder and presumably is currently in Cloverhill awaiting trial.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭PaddyK2020

Thesiger wrote: »
    He was arrested for attempted murder and presumably is currently in Cloverhill awaiting trial.

Midlands.

PaddyK2020 wrote: »
    Midlands.

Has he fallen out with everyone?
    Maybe flashy is safer with him inside. Seems like a loose cannon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Reading about those old murders is like a walk down memory lane
    Which 1 of those did the monk do?
    I remember reading that he had row with a guy in a pub one night,guy must have came out better of it
    And monk shot him in man's back garden very soon after
    Apparently well known at the time in the area and a big reason why monk had not to be messed with reputation
    Never saw it mentioned since although he was a well known source for journos in latter years so his pull might have helped with that then

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Has he fallen out with everyone?

Fell fowl of the Nortons in Coolock anyway, which doesn't help his cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

CS?

He's been mentioned loads and is locked up

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

punchdrunk wrote: »
    42 in London for 2019

Are they just shootings? I assume a lot more stabbing.

Noseygit wrote: »
    He's been mentioned loads and is locked up

I know he has been talked about read back.. Trying to know who it is in the flashy gang. I know it's not CS because he fell out with flashy.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

Haladmirer wrote: »
    I remember reading that he had row with a guy in a pub one night,guy must have came out better of it
    Apparently well known at the time in the area and a big reason why monk had not to be messed with reputation
    Never saw it mentioned since although he was a well known source for journos in latter years so his pull might have helped with that then

Yeah that was Mel Cox I think it was, Paul Reynolds grilled him on it in the RTE interview. Could never find much about in online though

Omackeral wrote: »
    Fell fowl of the Nortons in Coolock anyway, which doesn't help his cause.

Mr big works with Nortons ye?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,758 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Organised crime in Ireland has its origins with the IRA and other Republican groups. Sticking up banks and post offices in the 70s, opening fire on unarmed members of the AGS.

The Dunnes were probably the first Irish organised crime family in the 70s.

Tony Felloni and his gang were there even before that I’d imagine.

Haladmirer wrote: »

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/gardai-look-for-clues-in-latest-of-thieves-killing-thieves-1.34066

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Was Capper high up in flashy’s gang? How much you recon them lads would be on per week? 2-3 grand?

JMMCapital wrote: »
    Was Capper high up in flashy’s gang? How much you recon them lads would be on per week? 2-3 grand?

He's an enforcer and debt collector for flashy, locked up now.

JMMCapital wrote: »
    Was Capper high up in flashy’s gang?

Pretty much an enforcer. Chap is a beast and well able to rock.

seantomo wrote: »
    Heres a few articles of some of the earlier hits in 90s Dublin and the Blue lion, for some reason gangland hits really took off in 96, it must of had something to do with the Provos calling a ceasefire, harldy a coincidence.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/drugs-bring-mafia-wars-to-dublin-streets-1346881.html

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gunman-panics-after-bungled-bid-to-shoot-pub-customer-26173469.html

Even that time it seems surprising that anyone would make an attempt on one of the Hutches in their heartland.

Very quiet on the gangland front this year in Dublin. I thought there would be a big lull after Mulready Woods murder. And there has been. Not one murder in Dublin since and thats three months ago.

There really is no comparison to gangland in Dublin now and back a decade or so when up to 15 - 20 gangland murders a year was not uncommon in Dublin. Or during the Hutch feud . Its a different ball game now. Full of scummy little feral youths with infamous monikers who are more renowned for what they wear than what they do. It's all gone a bit boring. I see nothing but loud, lowlife morons involved. And our dirty traveller friends who the corona virus wouldn't dare attempt to poison.

Garda resources got better during hutch Kinahan feud , armed response formed then too

Who are the Nortons aligned with?

Broadly aligned with the KOCG but they have their own stuff going on too.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Broadly aligned with the KOCG but they have their own stuff going on too.

I read an article there saying they are close with Mr big too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

Article on pre-1994 gangland hits in Ireland - https://www.google.ie/amp/s/comeheretome.com/2020/04/08/gangland-murders-in-dublin-1970s-80s/amp/

It was already posted here a good few pages back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement