Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Keithlaird

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah could definitely see the Africans coming onto the scene within the next few years, they're getting to that age now and dealing in their own communities.

I wonder might the Albanians ever try to muscle in on the Irish drug trade. Was reading up on them and they're now the dominant force in the cocaine trade across the UK. Tens of thousands of them showed up on the UK borders after the 1991 Yugoslav war with no passports and they all claimed to be Kosovan, British immigration was swamped and let them all in only realising their mistake years later.

The first generation of Albanians quickly controlled the London prostitution scene by trafficking women and now this generation not only controls the cocaine trade but also the supply lines from South America. They're buying direct from Colombia for as low as £4,000 a kilo and they've taken control of the UK market by making the street price of cocaine actually go down while the purity has gone up. Rival gangs were buying wholesale for £22,000 a kilo from the Netherlands and couldnt compete with how the Albanians did it. The only place left in the UK that the Albanians dont control is Liverpool where they're being kept out by local gangs (for now).

The Met have said in the last few years they have 'Uber-ised' the retail cocaine trade, deals are done on Snapchat and then some Albanian kid delivers it on a moped. The main gang Hellbanianz had over 115,000 Instgram followers till the account got shut down, it was full of lads in Ferraris and Bentleys and they're only the street level operations, further up the chain is Albanians who have direct links to the South American cartels and ship thousands of kilos from them.

Good article on them here

it's not just that the albos are being kept at bay, though they don't really do tit for tat or conflict as such, we have our port and direct links to S america so price and delivery is not a prob, theres some albos about but they keep it small.. used to get a bullet and a bill for selling beak from the outside...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 adamandeve

First time poster and all that! What I don't get is why this played out the way it did in ardoyne of all places? Maybe its been explained here already and I haven't read,the guy that owed the money was from the area fair enough but I'm sure there was plenty of debts and opportunities to get at him in the south?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

adamandeve wrote: »
    Maybe its been explained here already and I haven't read

get reading and read the old thread while you're at it

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Gucci flip flops

The people that are posting ****e are not from dublin there culchies u can hear there accent trough the way they type 😂😂

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've no control over what any of you guys say via PM, but do not talk about any PM discussions here. Don't ask for any info via PM, and do not reveal any info you have received via PM (and to be clear you can be sitebanned for revealing the contents of a PM without the sender's express permission)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

The people that are posting ****e are not from dublin there culchies u can hear there accent trough the way they type ����

or English

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Have any criminals ever actually turned there lives around?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

JMMCapital wrote: »

You should watch some of Michael Franzese’s videos on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

Any good podcasts on Irish Gangland ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Thethunder

Brawler666 wrote: »
    Ffs I said at the start I got the initials wrong and thought it was someone else and then was told I'm bull****ting I gave u the name of which u wanted because u thought I was lying. Now u know I'm not so go away ya troll. What have u got to bring?
    And as I said before I couldn't give a **** who takes the piss. I know what I know and won't be sharing again. Especially after pm someone and they put the name on the thread. Joke!!!

You're like a kid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭PaddyK2020

Thesiger wrote: »

His VladTV interviews are deadly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Of course.some in every generation
    Lots operate and no papers or fueds or killings and they retire with their cash
    We only hear about the other fools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Omackeral wrote: »
    Mate, ask questions but don't go on like you already know the answers. Someone jokingly said the initals ''JI'' and you were going on like you knew who they were on about. Asking were they from Coolock etc. You hadn't a clue. You made a show of yourself to be honest. So don't be saying it's gone to dirt when it's you posting pony.

Brawler and banana are very similar posters in that regard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Far easier to turn your life around when you're a multi millionaire who will never have money worries as long as you live. And Franceze is very comfortable in that regards. One of the mobs biggest ever earners.

For most lads involved in crime i imagine it is a different story. Many are living week to week. Can't see it being easy for lads like this to give up the nice wedge their making. And they get a taste for the good things in life, good clobber, nice gaf with all mod cons, holiday homes, expensive holidays, trying to keep the misses and kids happy. And the liitle tart on the side needs to be spoiled.

Then all the bad **** you had to do to make it may follow you around if you try to turn your back on it. Lads you crossed, shot, threatened or robbed. All these lads have long memories and if they hear you're 'retired' may see you as vulnerable and come looking for revenge. Even old friends may be jealous of you living a straight life.

When you have a taste for the good stuff its hard to go back to the scratcher or maybe a low paid job. So they gotta keep at it unless they've been savvy enough to put a nice bit away. A nice retirement fund. Maybe put your money into property or a business. Have others work for you legitimately while ypu sit back and enjoy life. But how many are that clever? Very few id say. There are very few Michael Francezes in Dublin/Ireland. Even he fears being whacked by his old mob pals to this day even though he never ratted anyone out. Leaving 'the life' is a death wish in the mob.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

adamandeve wrote: »
    First time poster and all that! What I don't get is why this played out the way it did in ardoyne of all places? Maybe its been explained here already and I haven't read,the guy that owed the money was from the area fair enough but I'm sure there was plenty of debts and opportunities to get at him in the south?

Killer was probably from there given he knew the area pretty well to slip in and out and it wasn't his first rodeo

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

poor auld gerry nearly made true unscathed only for the nephews he'd be living a happy care free life retiring in lanzarote

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

Ucntcme wrote: »
    poor auld gerry nearly made true unscathed only for the nephews he'd be living a happy care free life retiring in lanzarote

same with Christy senior but he is still safe enough wherever he is I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

anthony kelly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

What do people think would have been the outcome had they taken Daniel out that day?

same with Christy senior but he is still safe enough wherever he is I suppose

I'd say he's sorry he tried to retire and left his son in charge went nearly 30 years without anyone even knowing who he was then he retires and he's all over world news

• Advertisement

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    What do people think would have been the outcome had they taken Daniel out that day?

dont think the retaliation would've been as bad anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

Is George Mitchell still involved or retired?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Norrie7 wrote: »
    First ever gangland shooting was Michael Crinnion in Cork in 1995

The first in Cork you mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Anyone know of Jim o Brien from Limerick former pub owner is still a big player in the drug trade?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AlCapone1

1968 wrote: »
    The first in Cork you mean?

He was said to be the country’s first gangland killing if you look it up but i don’t know if that’s true

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

AlCapone1 wrote: »
    He was said to be the country’s first gangland killing if you look it up but i don’t know if that’s true

Nah, there were some definite gangland hits (as we know them today) in Dublin going back to the early 1980s.

https://comeheretome.com/2020/04/08/gangland-murders-in-dublin-1970s-80s/

Michael Crinnionin in 1996 seems to have been the first in Cork though but I don't know too much about the city's history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Made in China 2040

Ucntcme wrote: »

You really think that, cancer was going to get him, Gary anyway knew too much, he has set up so many before and after Garys murder.

High price has been paid, re relatives dead, but by god the regancy had to be done, as they sent Cumberton and another to kill him in lazorate in December 2015.

You really think that, cancer was going to get him, Gary anyway knew too much, he has set up so many before and after Garys murder.

High price has been paid, re relatives dead, but by god the regancy had to be done, as they sent Cumberton and another to kill him in lazorate in December 2015.

like i said he could've been living care free

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AlCapone1

1968 wrote: »
    Nah, there were some definite gangland hits (as we know them today) in Dublin going back to the early 1980s.

https://comeheretome.com/2020/04/08/gangland-murders-in-dublin-1970s-80s/

Michael Crinnionin in 1996 seems to have been the first in Cork though but I don't know too much about the city's history.

Yeah Dublin would have been my first guess but even in these links it says Crinnion was the first acknowledged gangland murder. Strange one

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.irishexaminer.com/ireland/hunt-for-killers-in-unsolved-cork-gangland-killings-continues-234910.html

https://www.thesun.ie/archives/irish-news/103159/cork-big-fish-drugs-trafficker-has-been-cremated-in-low-profile-service/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Made in China 2040

Is George Mitchell still involved or retired?

Still at it by all accounts.
    bigpink wrote: »
    Anyone know of Jim o Brien from Limerick former pub owner is still a big player in the drug trade?

Jim "chaser" o Brien last arrested in Belgium, dessie was using his car after the murder of Kerian keane 60k believe to have been handed over by Keane for the 2 Ryan brothers was found in his house.

Apparently still supplying.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/%27Chaser+hid+cocaine%27+inside+frozen+chicken%3B+POLICE+IN+5+COUNTRIES...-a0138842522

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement