Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

pablo128 wrote: »
    Papers just printing more sh1te probably.

I'd say so, they said Lawlor had New IRA connections who made him feel safer up north but they are a small group of blowhards who don't really have any influence in Belfast, only certain areas of Derry like Creggan estate would they have any real "turf" I think. All those eejits have managed to do was send a teenager out with a gun to fire at police during a riot and he hit a journalist in the head and killed her accidentally this time last year in the Creggan, they've been on damage control ever since, although they did plant one of the most ineffective car bombs I've ever seen outside a courthouse, the clowns.

Just makes for a more interesting story I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    I also didn’t realize flashy little bro was the shooter for carberry so another poster said here tonight anyway,

Think you got your wires crossed, it was said that CL was the shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Is flashy's little brother heavily involved too? you'd think the last thing he'd want would be him to be carried up in this ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Would you fellas get any joyriders down there in these bad estates? Probably a stupid question

Definitely goes on in parts of Finglas, you see doughnut tracks on green areas and burnt out grass, though that could also be from the weekly Friday night rubbish burning.

Tolka Valley road in south Finglas is an absolute head wreck to drive down, its got about 12 massive speed bumps all placed just 50 metres apart, feels like you're driving up a mountain to get over them. Can only presume thats to stop joyriders in the area, its a very long straight road so the council dont want to be giving them a racetrack. .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

JMMCapital wrote: »
    If Flashy was bringing in 20-25K a week how much do ye think Big is making? Would flashy be a small fish in comparison, I wonder how it works

You’ll never see in a lifetime the amount of money Jack makes in one week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Definitely goes on in parts of Finglas, you see doughnut tracks on green areas and burnt out grass, though that could also be from the weekly Friday night rubbish burning.

Tolka Valley road in south Finglas is an absolute head wreck to drive down, its got about 12 massive speed bumps all placed just 50 metres apart, feels like you're driving up a mountain to get over them. Can only presume thats to stop joyriders in the area, its a very long straight road so the council dont want to be giving them a racetrack. .

Priorswood Road is similar like that, has those little islands to slow you down/delay you.

Yeah it certainly depends on how "joyrider friendly" the area is in terms of roads, it was absolutely rampant up here they would drive circles around the big ugly grey armoured police landrovers trying to catch them, that's if the police even bothered going after them in the first place, usually not if it was a republican area, it was the local paramilitaries the hoods were more worried about than the police, of course some of the madder ones would get kneecapped and then just go straight back to it without a care

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Ratbags

Is flashy's little brother heavily involved too? you'd think the last thing he'd want would be him to be carried up in this ****e.

Not correct younger brother has a legitimate job

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭rodmn2377

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    No he wasn’t where are you getting this info from .
    I heard it from someone at the time of all the petrol bombing etc.... he was only realised from mountjoy and I'm nearly sure it was in the papers that he was involved...my apologies if I'm wrong... I thought keane was selling for flashy and not Smith's brother..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Thethunder

Cs in the pen for the attempted hit on maggo. I'd say he'll be looking over his back for a long time to come.

• Advertisement

Thesiger wrote: »
    Priorswood Road is similar like that, has those little islands to slow you down/delay you.

yeah Ballyfermot has a few of those chicanes. I dont mind them as they are designed to cruise through at the limit of 50kph, you just do your racing driver flick of the wrist thing and you're through. Its the giant big speed bumps that are an absolute head wreck to drive over. The council deliberately build them in such a way that if you hit it at anything over 35kph you're going to get jolted out of it. Then on top they space them only 50 metres apart, its brake, jolt, accelerate, brake , jolt for ages. It completely takes any pleasure out of driving a car.
    Yeah it certainly depends on how "joyrider friendly" the area is in terms of roads, it was absolutely rampant up here they would drive circles around the big ugly grey armoured police landrovers trying to catch them, that's if the police even bothered going after them in the first place, usually not if it was a republican area, it was the local paramilitaries the hoods were more worried about than the police, of course some of the madder ones would get kneecapped and then just go straight back to it without a care

haha those old RUC Land Rovers back in the 80s and 90s wouldnt have a hope trying to catch a freshly stolen 2.2l Honda Accord :pac: Those yolks had the turning circle of a ship and were weighed down with heavy metal to withstand molotov cocktals.

I wonder has joyriding gone down over the years as cars have become more difficult to steal? Open to correction but it seems like you would need a laptop and some software to steal some newer models of cars. Also Im thinking maybe a lot of young lads who would have got their kicks by joyriding a car are now getting their kicks by riding a scrambler. I used to see gangs on scramblers flying through Finglas, across roads, footpaths and through parks. Thats probably a lot more fun for them than just nicking a car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

How can the Sunday World name Ger Dundon in an active investigation but not name Mr Big?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Gucci flip flops

yeah Ballyfermot has a few of those chicanes. I dont mind them as they are designed to cruise through at the limit of 50kph. Its the giant big speed bumps that are an absolute head wreck to drive over. The council deliberately build them in such a way that if you hit it at anything over 35kph you're going to get jolted out of it

haha those old RUC Land Rovers back in the 80s and 90s wouldnt have a hope trying to catch a freshly stolen 2.2l Honda Accord :pac: Those yolks had the turning circle of a ship and were weighed down with heavy metal to withstand molotov cocktals.

I wonder has joyriding gone down over the years as cars have become more difficult to steal? Open to correction but it seems like you would need a laptop and some software to steal some newer models of cars. Also maybe a lot of young lads who would have got their kicks by joyriding a car are now getting their kicks by riding a scrambler.

Good oul ballyer rallier AKA ballysmack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

OOnegative wrote: »

None of these muppets are making any money in the current climate and won't be making the same money they did for a long time.

A quick few bob coupled with the threat of staring down the barrel of a gun versus a stable job with a few bills... I know what I'd choose.

As the money dries up they will turn on each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭John_Gill

Who's jack. Pardon my ignorance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

John_Gill wrote: »
    Who's jack. Pardon my ignorance

Your young lad, pardon my ignorance.

If they are making that money why they living in run down council houses?
    Im from Limerick the Dundons houses are vrry run down

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

bigpink wrote: »
    If they are making that money why they living in run down council houses?
    Im from Limerick the Dundons houses are vrry run down

CAB

CAB

So they have loads of money just cant spend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭John_Gill

Your young lad, pardon my ignorance.

Could you not just say.

• Advertisement

I know one dealer who has a pretty fancy house, cars and rakes the cash in from his product but he still has to maintain a "regular job" to keep up the appearances as to why he can afford nice things or they'd be onto him in a second, not as if they don't know already

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    I heard it from someone at the time of all the petrol bombing etc.... he was only realised from mountjoy and I'm nearly sure it was in the papers that he was involved...my apologies if I'm wrong... I thought keane was selling for flashy and not Smith's brother..

There was an article about an alleged hitman being released from jail and immediately joining up with the anti maguire faction in the Drogheda feud. It was in the herald IIRC

There was an article about an alleged hitman being released from jail and immediately joining up with the anti maguire faction in the Drogheda feud. It was in the herald IIRC

PC and the B Brothers seem like moronic undisciplined hoods I don't know why any big time player would align with them apart from Lawlor simply because it got personal when Carberry got stiffed, I doubt there'd be any kind of financial incentive working with those eejits either

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Anon165

Unless they launder it.

I sometimes wondered how they deal with so much cash without getting caught and where they store their cash or are they using payment apps like cashapp.

If not they must have huge bundles of cash hidden all over. It must be a right pain to deal with. Can't even put it into the bank or even use to to gamble online.

Good oul ballyer rallier AKA ballysmack

Remarkable how quiet Ballyfermot is in all this. iirc the last thread had a bit of chat about it and there was talk of the Sunday Worlds expose on 'The Family'. Nothing much ever came from that and Ballyer seems to avoid proper gangland stuff.

Might be wrong here but Ballyfermot seems like Dublins version of Florida without the sunshine, its a great place for criminals to retire and put their feet up if they werent successful enough to buy a gaff in Spain. Old age will get you quicker in Ballyer than any gangland hit.
    CAB

Definitely CAB. Also some council estates have warrens of alleyways that cop cars cannot drive down. Its perfect for escape on foot or motorbike when they show up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

It's gone now. In relation to the law about not reporting on anyone facing serious charges, would articles that describe a person without naming the person be removed when they are charged with a serious offence? A lot of different articles would appear about an unnamed hitman but searching now they are all gone. In most cases if you search by a criminals name articles about them, but dont name them, appear in the search results. I think it's due to somebody posting the criminals name in the comments of the article and the search engine then links it

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    He was involved with the boylans in Drogheda as he was living in Duleek or Donore.. definitely was in the thick of the Drogheda feud before he fell out with all.. if ya google the shooting of mago it says a man from duleek was arrested..

He was nothing to do with drogheda feud

Anon165 wrote: »
    Unless they launder it.

I sometimes wondered how they deal with so much cash without getting caught and where they store their cash or are they using payment apps like cashapp.

If not they must have huge bundles of cash hidden all over. It must be a right pain to deal with. Can't even put it into the bank or even use to to gamble online.

My Dad often said if he could get a sniffer dog for cash there is places in Limerick city are deffo used by gangs

Anon165 wrote: »
    Unless they launder it.

The money laundering aspect is another interesting strand in gangland. Lots of cash but they have got to clean it and buying property is not an option because of CAB. Locally it seems to be hairdressers and tanning salons that are used to do it, no doubt it is a lot more sophisticated at the higher levels.

Does anyone remember Chinese sit down restaurants in Dublin city centre in the 80s and 90s? Always more or less empty yet they somehow still stayed open despite premium rents. A great bunch of lads.....but they weren't here for the pints of plain
    Two Chinese men died and several others were badly injured (including one blinded for life) after a bloody battle broke out between rival groups outside the New Universal Chinese Restaurant on Middle Abbey Street in the summer of 1979.

A .22 long rifle, butchers cleavers, kitchen knives and iron bars were used in the fight which left blood spattered across the road and traffic cordoned off for a number of hours.
    https://comeheretome.com/2012/08/29/triad-violence-in-dublin-july-1979/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

Remarkable how quiet Ballyfermot is in all this. iirc the last thread had a bit of chat about it and there was talk of the Sunday Worlds expose on 'The Family'. Nothing much ever came from that and Ballyer seems to avoid proper gangland stuff.

Might be wrong here but Ballyfermot seems like Dublins version of Florida without the sunshine, its a great place for criminals to retire and put their feet up if they werent successful enough to buy a gaff in Spain. Old age will get you quicker in Ballyer than any gangland hit.

There was a poster in the last thread, seemed to know a good bit about Ballyfermot/Clondalkin gangland stuff, he said that while there hasn't really been any all-out feuds, there's been plenty of back-stabbing murders. Also said the next generation coming through around Cherry Orchard are gonna make the news.

Certainly Clondalkin's had a lot of murders over the years, and that whole area seems very connected to Ballyer, naturally enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement