Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Vurb ling

All use nosey parkers are writing ****e yas read in the papers or taking that birmingham dork on youtubes word as gospel. He was taken out by the WLH and the less u know about the WLH the better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭monty_python

Vurb ling wrote: »
    All use nosey parkers are writing ****e yas read in the papers or taking that birmingham dork on youtubes word as gospel. He was taken out by the WLH and the less u know about the WLH the better

West London homies?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AlCapone1

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    None of these muppets are making any money in the current climate and won't be making the same money they did for a long time.

Of course there making money. The demand for drugs doesn’t go away because of a virus

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Anyone get the Sunday world? Is it worth getting today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 adamandeve

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah Ballyfermot has a few of those chicanes. I dont mind them as they are designed to cruise through at the limit of 50kph, you just do your racing driver flick of the wrist thing and you're through. Its the giant big speed bumps that are an absolute head wreck to drive over. The council deliberately build them in such a way that if you hit it at anything over 35kph you're going to get jolted out of it. Then on top they space them only 50 metres apart, its brake, jolt, accelerate, brake , jolt for ages. It completely takes any pleasure out of driving a car.

haha those old RUC Land Rovers back in the 80s and 90s wouldnt have a hope trying to catch a freshly stolen 2.2l Honda Accord :pac: Those yolks had the turning circle of a ship and were weighed down with heavy metal to withstand molotov cocktals.

I wonder has joyriding gone down over the years as cars have become more difficult to steal? Open to correction but it seems like you would need a laptop and some software to steal some newer models of cars. Also Im thinking maybe a lot of young lads who would have got their kicks by joyriding a car are now getting their kicks by riding a scrambler. I used to see gangs on scramblers flying through Finglas, across roads, footpaths and through parks. Thats probably a lot more fun for them than just nicking a car.

They were/are weighed down with armour inches thick to withstand a lot more than petrol bombs,a good few of them would flip right over on their sides if they turned too fast a speed,seen one that had flipped over on its roof once.Joyriding sadly is still very bad in parts of the north.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

bigpink wrote: »
    My Dad often said if he could get a sniffer dog for cash there is places in Limerick city are deffo used by gangs

So why doesn’t he just get one then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I know one dealer who has a pretty fancy house, cars and rakes the cash in from his product but he still has to maintain a "regular job" to keep up the appearances as to why he can afford nice things or they'd be onto him in a second, not as if they don't know already

Surely CAB know what he makes from his regular job and whether that covers the cost of his fancy house and cars?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Effects wrote: »
    Surely CAB know what he makes from his regular job and whether that covers the cost of his fancy house and cars?
    One guy can save well another can blow his wages in the bookies
    You only need to muddy the waters for cab
    A regular job can cover car, holidays,house decked out
    A regular job wouldn't cover mansion,loads of cars, multiple holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

I was just reading up on the Dundon gang and I see Glenn Geasley was locked up for trying to buy guns for him. I knew him, most of the family actually, many moons ago. Are they all gone down this route ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cunnyfuntt

just read the dundon/mcarthy mob gave rl a gun with blanks in it , ****er had no chance

• Advertisement

Reading back through gangland murders here and a couple stand out
    The Fitzgerald's from finglas,uncle and nephew killed in what was both called a gangland died and family feud,nephew shot uncle then week later nephew killed,uncle survived but was shot hear or so later
    Anyone any info on this

cunnyfuntt wrote: »
    just read the dundon/mcarthy mob gave rl a gun with blanks in it , ****er had no chance
    Paper bull****
    No gun found on him and others didn't take it before fleeing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭PaddyK2020

Usual bo11ox from the rag of all rags... The Sun.

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Paper bull****
    No gun found on him and others didn't take it before fleeing

why would rl a gun for hire whos life is in constant danger not take a gun to collect a debt. just doesnt make sense.

PaddyK2020 wrote: »
    Usual bo11ox from the rag of all rags... The Sun.

correct mate , just thought id put it on here see if anybody had info.

why would rl a gun for hire whos life is in constant danger not take a gun to collect a debt. just doesnt make sense.
    Why would a notorious hitman drive around one of the most policed state in Europe with a gun more like
    As far as rl knew he was only picking up money

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Why would a notorious hitman drive around one of the most policed state in Europe with a gun more like
    As far as rl knew he was only picking up money

because he was a psycho, and most likely completely paraanoid about getting took out

because he was a psycho, and most likely completely paraanoid about getting took out
    He didn't escape serving any real prison time by carrying a gun everywhere,he had 125 convictions,that's a lot of run ins with cops
    Like I said no gun was found

Syndic wrote: »
    Think you got your wires crossed, it was said that CL was the shooter.

No I didn’t someone said it a few pages back if u go look they musta been talking waffle

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Carioco

Noseygit wrote: »
    He goes running in the park most days,or so I've been told

St Annes park

• Advertisement

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    I heard it from someone at the time of all the petrol bombing etc.... he was only realised from mountjoy and I'm nearly sure it was in the papers that he was involved...my apologies if I'm wrong... I thought keane was selling for flashy and not Smith's brother..

Nah he wasn’t invovled at all. And he could have started for flashy more recently but from when he started a few years back (he started very young) he used to be with smiths little brother a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AlCapone1

The Sunday world claiming RL was going there to collect a stolen Mercedes

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

Because he didn't think there was any danger, it's not wise for a known criminal to carry a gun around unless you're doing a job that will require it, and you have a plan to get rid of it after the fact

Also handing Lawlor a gun filled with blanks would be stupid as f^ck because all he would have to do is check the clip and the gig would be up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

It's still hard to believe that anyone down south was brave enough or thought they were hard enough to go up to Belfast to enforce a drug dept.. I'm from co Meath and the little knowledge I have of Northern Ireland and even the border counties,well it would be just unthinkable,.I wouldn't even suggest enforcing any dept in Dundalk or Monaghan etc... Drugs is something that's seen as the absolute devils work in those areas.so you wouldn't know who would take you out!?..

It's still hard to believe that anyone down south was brave enough or thought they were hard enough to go up to Belfast to enforce a drug dept.. I'm from co Meath and the little knowledge I have of Northern Ireland and even the border counties,well it would be just unthinkable,.I wouldn't even suggest enforcing any dept in Dundalk or Monaghan etc... Drugs is something that's seen as the absolute devils work in those areas.so you wouldn't know who would take you out!?..

I had a girl from Dundalk and when we would walk around certain areas all of the "knackers" in her words were staring me out and she said "don't worry it's just because they don't know you, but they know me" they were some rough looking bastards

I had a girl from Dundalk and when we would walk around certain areas all of the "knackers" in her words were staring me out and she said "don't worry it's just because they don't know you, but they know me" they were some rough looking bastards
    Between them and the fundamental protestants that sound like 80s Ireland I will be voting no on anyall Ireland referendum
    Who wants that as part of our country

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Carioco

The money laundering aspect is another interesting strand in gangland. Lots of cash but they have got to clean it and buying property is not an option because of CAB. Locally it seems to be hairdressers and tanning salons that are used to do it, no doubt it is a lot more sophisticated at the higher levels.

Does anyone remember Chinese sit down restaurants in Dublin city centre in the 80s and 90s? Always more or less empty yet they somehow still stayed open despite premium rents. A great bunch of lads.....but they weren't here for the pints of plain

https://comeheretome.com/2012/08/29/triad-violence-in-dublin-july-1979/

The Chinese are concentrated solely on illegal gambling places, massage parlours and strangely enough 'underground raves' in Dublin. They also a lot of smuggled goods, cheap cigarettes, fake brands that kind of stuff.

Usually around Capel Street and off Parnell. these places are based. It would be strange because you'd enter one and it would be known heads playing poker upstairs smoking away while downstairs in the basements would be full of hipsters and homosexuals having a rave to house music

Dublin lads go to Belfast to collect debts ALL the time, The biggest wholesalers are in Dublin and while those IRA guys are in their 60s, 70s aren't a threat. Dublin lads have a line of junkies who would do a hit, can bring in internationally renowned hitmen like the Estonian or the Arabic guy from Holland. There's even former Irish army guys that can definitely hit their targets.

Do you know how much money these Dublin guys are floating in? Belfast is small time. Honestly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Killing Drug Dealers is Good Work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭jimmyrustle

I wonder has joyriding gone down over the years as cars have become more difficult to steal? Open to correction but it seems like you would need a laptop and some software to steal some newer models of cars. Also Im thinking maybe a lot of young lads who would have got their kicks by joyriding a car are now getting their kicks by riding a scrambler. I used to see gangs on scramblers flying through Finglas, across roads, footpaths and through parks. Thats probably a lot more fun for them than just nicking a car.

Easier now for kids to just club together 20/30 quid each and buy something on its last legs off Facebook car buying groups for 200 and below. Buy it, drive the ****e out of it for a few days until it's about to give up (or it gets seized), burn it, wash rinse repeat.

Easier to obtain and, I'd imagine, there are a lot more second hand cars knocking about for sale now than in the 80s/ 90s.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement