Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 adamandeve

McGuigan was a far more notorious hitman than even Lawlor, a seriously seriously sick man, built like a brick **** house and killed a LOT of dealers (amongst others), he shot Jock in the street over personal issues that went back years, Jock had him kneecapped and McGuigan was bitter ever since, he also killed Sammy Ward the IPLO leader, and Ward was his "friend", McGuigan volunteered to do it himself even though Ward looked after his family when McGuigan was in jail, he once had to be restrained from cutting a mans head off during a fight.

He stayed in the Short Strand after shooting Jock despite knowing he was a dead man

Exactly a few here are saying that Belfast is small time and in the drug trade that's maybe true,but as you mentioned areas like the Short Strand and Ardoyne they are very close knit and outsiders are clocked immediately Ardoyne people are vigilant and people from other areas are scrutinised and RL to be entering places like these if the media can be believed demanding money was crazy.He might have had this mystique and reputation in the south but in all areas of Belfast there's guy's who would class him as they say wee buns wouldnt give him a second thought and and to be honest I reckon would probably make him look like Ghandi that's why I can't understand him entering Ardoyne even in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

adamandeve wrote: »
    Exactly a few here are saying that Belfast is small time and in the drug trade that's maybe true,but as you mentioned areas like the Short Strand and Ardoyne they are very close knit and outsiders are clocked immediately Ardoyne people are vigilant and people from other areas are scrutinised and RL to be entering places like these if the media can be believed demanding money was crazy.He might have had this mystique and reputation in the south but in all areas of Belfast there's guy's who would class him as they say wee buns wouldnt give him a second thought and and to be honest I reckon would probably make him look like Ghandi that's why I can't understand him entering Ardoyne even in this day and age.

The Sunday World mentioned that associates of Lawlor will be all out for revenge and parts parts of Belfast should be braced for an all out war. I call BS. Anyone that was associated with him doesnt want that heat surely

• Registered Users Posts: 14 adamandeve

The Sunday mentioned that associates of Lawlor will be all out for revenge and parts parts of Belfast should be braced for an all out war. I call BS. Anyone that was associated with him doesnt want that heat surely

Not getting political but thats laughable the same parts of Belfast were involved in a decades long war a real war had everything thrown at it,Belfast isn't Drogheda or Dublin I couldn't imagine anyone taking a trip up and attacking areas like Ardoyne even though the people might be dealers but it just wouldn't happen in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gw123gw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

adamandeve wrote: »
    He might have had this mystique and reputation in the south but in all areas of Belfast there's guy's who would class him as they say wee buns wouldnt give him a second thought
    I have to agree. I’m not downplaying RL’s reputation as a hardened and dangerous individual but some of the people especially in the late 80s/90s in the north make lawlor (and any one from Dublin for that matter) look like an alter boy. I’m thinking some of the psycho killers mostly within loyalism who did far worse.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

don't be going asking questions
    about this family
    its not good for your health
    git was the glue that
    held drogheda together
    when he was murdered the whole
    town collapsed and the
    the feud broke out

That's a big stretch and a bit far fetched the glue that held it together. On the night of his funeral in a pub in drogheda riots broke it, you could say that the incident that night was the start of a sequence of events that kick started the feud. But the riots weren't related to his death it was just that they broke out at the afters of his funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

I’m pretty sure that report was put up on this page months ago.

It was. It's been circulated again today and someone asked for the link to the Twitter page. Just sharing the knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Carioco wrote: »
    The Chinese are concentrated solely on illegal gambling places, massage parlours and strangely enough 'underground raves' in Dublin. They also a lot of smuggled goods, cheap cigarettes, fake brands that kind of stuff.

Knew of the Chinese involvement in gambling but underground raves, whats that about? My rave days are well over but am intrigued to hear about the scene these days.

Otherwise Id say dealers are having a hard time moving drugs at the moment with the amount of Garda checkpoints. Probably doing it in the dead of the night but they could stand out then when its really quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

How did Mr bigs re-trial collapse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

I don’t think the reasons were ever made public.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭jay1988

Was that the case where a juror heard someone discussing the case on the luas so it was thrown out?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Norrie7

That's a big stretch and a bit far fetched the glue that held it together. On the night of his funeral in a pub in drogheda riots broke it, you could say that the incident that night was the start of a sequence of events that kick started the feud. But the riots weren't related to his death it was just that they broke out at the afters of his funeral.

Any articles or videos floating about of that ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Norrie7 wrote: »
    Any articles or videos floating about of that ?

There was a pipe bomb explosion outside the pub. Somebody in a house beside the pub was streaming live on their games console, and had the explosion recorded and uploaded to youtube. That's about it in relation to videos/images. And I dont recall any articles about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Guessed

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Anon165

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fiss Rock

If RL was considered to be a lone soldier, can the rumours of a murder retaliation be believed. What would he have done for his 'crew' for those boys to retaliate?

Actually was the first incident. A petrol bomb was thrown and a car got blown up by the boylans at the wake all because the younger brother had a child with the same girl that one of dk son had one with and there was some sort of trouble. Kavs didn’t do anything back I don’t Think then shapes sliced your man up down the well for the brothers. A few months later then and maguire is telling kboy he’s two days to stop selling two days later maguire got shot
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/gardai-hunt-attacker-who-stabbed-man-in-the-head-36646031.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭Robbie Crosby

a fight broke out in the well not ****in riots
    rachel got knocked out
    like it or lump it
    git kept all sides in tune
    look what happened since

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

gw123gw wrote: »

So who in pics left to right?
    I know Crosby is second

• Advertisement

Haladmirer wrote: »
    So who in pics left to right?
    I know Crosby is second

DT, PC, KB, JB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭PaddyK2020

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    Actually was the first incident. A petrol bomb was thrown and a car got blown up by the boylans at the wake all because the younger brother had a child with the same girl that one of dk son had one with and there was some sort of trouble. Kavs didn’t do anything back I don’t Think then shapes sliced your man up down the well for the brothers. A few months later then and maguire is telling kboy he’s two days to stop selling two days later maguire got shot
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/gardai-hunt-attacker-who-stabbed-man-in-the-head-36646031.html

Was this before or after Shapes got stabbed to bits over a shooter do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Stooped wrote: »
    DT, PC, KB, JB

DT ever been named in relation to an incident I could Google?

DT ever been named in relation to an incident I could Google?

False imprisonment along with JB with the bathtub incident

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

So is the lower ranks of the kboy crew still around Drogheda?
    DT,JJMcG a d the like
    They vulnerable surely

it's all gone tits up
    for keith josh jj craig and dean
    muppet runners who have run out
    of road
    its now knacker v knacker

I herd theres a new launderett
    opening beside a flush hair dressers
    in termin abbey in drogheda
    go on derek ye mad yoke
    and one of dereks mate has a gym
    there anall
    ridin the hole off a local bike
    i herd

Who got eoin boylan whacked? I know he put up a post on social media that was disrespectful towards little but was this actually the reason or did he owe money to redmond like Davis? Also who did he hang around with in coolock it wasn’t with cl Davis and them wasn’t it not? Did he have his own little gang or was he a bit more on his own ? Think he had a gtd maybe 2015ish at the front of his house when he got shot dead so he must have had a bit of money if he did owe someone money like he could have sold that so why was he killed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement