Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Anon165

John_D3 wrote: »
    The Belfast man with links to republicans, is WC his Father was Involved in the conto’s and got shot dead in the city, involving criminality with in the conto’s, WC would of been 20 at the time now 27. He is a massive drug dealer with serious links to Limerick, has been doing a lot of businesses down there as years, spends great time there. There is a court case involving him at present regarding 180k worth of coke. He runs a car sales business which he would launder his money through. Is your typical drug lord with his fancy cars and new set of teeth. The cops lifted him the day after RL murder but was released. If this is to spill onto the streets of Belfast next, he could potentially be a target for republicans to be seen acting with in there communities.

Ah that makes sense. I found the article regarding the £180k of cocaine court case. None other than a Liam.

Now in CP's celebration video he can apparently be heard saying well done Liam at the end, I didn't actually pick this up I only read it on one of the comments.

I'm not saying this Liam shot RL but had something to do with.

Watch the CP video on Dublin WhatsApp and listen for a Liam.

Then search for the £180k court case on Google.

The description of the RL shooter was a tall thin man, from Liam's pic on the article he looks like a tall thin man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭baldbear

Anon165 wrote: »
    Ah that makes sense. I found the article regarding the £180k of cocaine court case. None other than a Liam.

Now in CP's celebration video he can apparently be heard saying well done Liam at the end, I didn't actually pick this up I only read it on one of the comments.

The description of the RL shooter was a tall thin man, from Liam's pic on the article he looks like a tall thin man.

Debt cleared so.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭rodmn2377

I remember hearing that at the time and was thinking who was liam... makes a lot of sense..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

I know we're not dealing with the committee of Mensa or anything but he's surely not stupid enough to name the shooter in a video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sugarsniffere

can we move threads if Robbie Crosby can’t come back to this one lols

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dean thonton

Think you’ll find you’ve read the £180000 article wrong mentions the name warren not Liam I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

I know we're not dealing with the committee of Mensa or anything but he's surely not stupid enough to name the shooter in a video.

My thoughts exactly :pac::pac::pac:

I know what your saying but.. price doesn't give too ****s... it's not like he saying he did it? He could cover it by saying he was thanking liam cause a liam gave him the good news.. these boys love letting people know what they did or were involved in but nothing that can get them jail time... that's why lots of these are making videos etc.. they think there celebrities and reveal in it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Funny another article with £180000 haul with WC who was immediately connected to the RL shooting. Google car dealer kingpin £180000.
    I think this is the same article John D3 was referring to.

WC and LD both co accused same haul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭John_D3

Funny another article with £180000 haul with WC who was immediately connected to the RL shooting. Google car dealer kingpin £180000.
    I think this is the same article John D3 was referring to.

Yea thats the article i was referring to. The conto’s have links to Limerick thats where Ger Mackin also wen’t after leaving Belfast, later done jail for nailing a traveller to the floor in Limerick. Probably why WC was lifted over RL with his links to limerick and drugs. Then the Limerick fella’s being there with RL. Be interesting to know if they have connections to the Dundons in Limerick, Would they have worked with the Conto’s?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Anon165

John_D3 wrote: »
    Yea thats the article i was referring to. The conto’s have links to Limerick thats where Ger Mackin also wen’t after leaving Belfast, later done jail for nailing a traveller to the floor in Limerick. Probably why WC was lifted over RL with his links to limerick and drugs. Then the Limerick fella’s being there with RL. Be interesting to know if they have connections to the Dundons in Limerick, Would they have worked with the Conto’s?

Well the Liam guy lives 2.5miles from where RL was shot, looks the better bet. Starting to see Big's and OM's dealer network.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭John_D3

Lenny Murphy is just in a long list of psychopaths to come out of the troubles. Billy wright another one, a serial killer shot a pregnant mother dead in front of her children because her husband wasn’t there, Loughinisland massacre were six people were killed in the pub watching Ireland game that killer is named and still works around Belfast today, watch the documentary no stone unturned all about it, they had planned to shoot up a catholic school. Its on youtube and netflix. The list goes on and RL would fit well in with this lot, Ireland can produce them.

Well the Liam guy lives 2.5miles from where RL was shot, looks the better bet. Starting to see Big's and OM's dealer network.

Also a great way of paying some of the £180000 haul that nabbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

adamandeve wrote: »
    Allegedly it was UDA man Jimmy Craig set him up,Murphy had not been long released from jail and Craig felt he was going to muscle in on his rackets plus knew he was absolutely psychotic so he had to be offed. And ironically considering this topic it was allegedly a team from Ardoyne stiffed Murphy

I know (or should I say heard from a reliable source) that the guy who stiffed Murphy pulled off another pretty big hit but I forget who that was

Aye Jim Craig was suspected because he had forged links with the INLA and had set up other loyalists he saw as a threat, he set up Shankill UDA man William "Bucky" McCullough, who got shot by INLA hitman and future IPLO member "Bronco" Downey, Bronco once walked out of the Hatfield bar minutes before two Provos came in with AKs to kill him during the "Night of the Long Knives" on Halloween when the Provos purged the IPLO from existence

William McCulloughs son Alan was one of the lads who fled with Johnny Adair but he shot up Adairs safehouse in Bolton and was told he could come back, Adairs former mate Mo Courtney and Ihab Shoukri murdered him and did some time for it

When the UDA found out Craig was playing both sides they asked him down to the Bunch of Grapes bar and tortured him to death (they called it getting "romper roomed", after the kids TV show)

I'm not certain if Craig set him up though I would say it was probably the UVF higher ups, definately a suspect however

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    Spot on there... they (The Dundons) had access to lots of money back then and controlled the Dublin jails which was unheard of at the time.. country lads coming into Dublin jails and taking over.. they did it through fear and violence

I’d go along with this sentiment. It’s not the case anymore by any means but certainly was going back a decade or so. Fellas would pretty much bend the knee to them in the yard and would be terrified to tackle them in a game of ball. One time Dessie ballooned the ball into the air and it got caught up in the barbed wire and burst. Some new young lad only in goes “look what ya did ya bleedin thick”, obviously not knowing who he was. Pure hush came over the place.

Dessie just laughed and goes “sorry about that kid!” and they all cracked their hole laughing. Fella was paranoid for days after!

I know a guy who got robbed by both Jim Craig and Lenny Murphy, he said Craig was alright but Murphy was one of the most evil looking bastards he'd ever met in his life

When I saw he got robbed by both, it was on seperate occasions, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

I doubt RL’s “gang” will be venturing north to take out the killer, more plausible is the lads up north taking away someone whose brought heat to their area. Either way I wouldn’t say he’s strutting around like RL was after the KMW Murder. He’s obviously done well to be rid of the murder weapon so must have previous or at least assistance in those matters.

""This was a horrific and callous murder, carried out in close range and in broad daylight"

As opposed to a friendly and cheerful murder carried out from long range at night? I love these paint by numbers statements

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

""This was a horrific and callous murder, carried out in close range and in broad daylight"

As opposed to a friendly and cheerful murder carried out from long range at night? I love these paint by numbers statements
    A Clean Kill. What more can a Gangster ask for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

"Craig was shot dead by two gunmen from the UDA in "The Castle Inn" (later called "The Bunch of Grapes"), a pub in Beersbridge Road, east Belfast on 15 October 1988,[6] to where he had been lured in the belief that there was to have been a UDA meeting.[4] He was playing pool in the pub at the time of his fatal shooting by the two men, both of whom were wearing boiler suits and ski masks and carrying automatic weapons.[4][16] Upon spotting Craig they opened fire, spraying the room with gunfire. Craig died instantly; a bystander pensioner was also murdered in the attack, and four other bystanders were wounded by stray bullets. The UDA claimed the killing was carried out due to Craig's "treason" and involvement in John McMichael's murder as they knew he had provided the IRA with information to successfully carry out the assassination. They apologised for the unintentional death of the pensioner.[4] Craig was not given a paramilitary funeral, and none of the UDA's command attended it.[16]

No torture there

"Craig was shot dead by two gunmen from the UDA in "The Castle Inn" (later called "The Bunch of Grapes"), a pub in Beersbridge Road, east Belfast on 15 October 1988,[6] to where he had been lured in the belief that there was to have been a UDA meeting.[4] He was playing pool in the pub at the time of his fatal shooting by the two men, both of whom were wearing boiler suits and ski masks and carrying automatic weapons.[4][16] Upon spotting Craig they opened fire, spraying the room with gunfire. Craig died instantly; a bystander pensioner was also murdered in the attack, and four other bystanders were wounded by stray bullets. The UDA claimed the killing was carried out due to Craig's "treason" and involvement in John McMichael's murder as they knew he had provided the IRA with information to successfully carry out the assassination. They apologised for the unintentional death of the pensioner.[4] Craig was not given a paramilitary funeral, and none of the UDA's command attended it.[16]

No torture there

Ah it was UDA man Geordie Legge they tortured there, my mistake, they've probably tortured about 50 people in that bar easy mistake to make

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

The UDA and the INLA have killed more of their own men in internal feuds over drugs and money than so called enemies, the INLA: Deadly Divisions book is worth a read, killed eachother for fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

I doubt RL’s “gang” will be venturing north to take out the killer, more plausible is the lads up north taking away someone whose brought heat to their area. Either way I wouldn’t say he’s strutting around like RL was after the KMW Murder. He’s obviously done well to be rid of the murder weapon so must have previous or at least assistance in those matters.

He murdered someone and brought heat to the area, best murder him and bring heat to the area to show how against the practice we are.

IRE60 wrote: »

What are the chances they'd have searched the car if they stopped?

John McMichael who Craig set up was a rare beast in the UDA in that he actually wanted to find some reconcilliation between the two communities, even penned an acclaimed paper called "Beyond the Religious Divide: The future of Northern Ireland" so of course Special Branch let him go to the wall, they didn't need any peace makers making trouble

Omackeral wrote: »
    I’d go along with this sentiment. It’s not the case anymore by any means but certainly was going back a decade or so. Fellas would pretty much bend the knee to them in the yard and would be terrified to tackle them in a game of ball. One time Dessie ballooned the ball into the air and it got caught up in the barbed wire and burst. Some new young lad only in goes “look what ya did ya bleedin thick”, obviously not knowing who he was. Pure hush came over the place.

Dessie just laughed and goes “sorry about that kid!” and they all cracked their hole laughing. Fella was paranoid for days after!

Do ya remember the time they went to slice stikey cahill at the tuck shop... at that stage he was one of the old stock that no one would even think about touching.. the generals nephew... stikey and his hanger ons couldn't believe they tried to do it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

What are the chances they'd have searched the car if they stopped?

What are the chances they were off their heads at that hour of the morning though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement