Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 judaspig

John_D3 wrote: »
    Lenny Murphy is just in a long list of psychopaths to come out of the troubles. Billy wright another one, a serial killer shot a pregnant mother dead in front of her children because her husband wasn’t there, Loughinisland massacre were six people were killed in the pub watching Ireland game that killer is named and still works around Belfast today, watch the documentary no stone unturned all about it, they had planned to shoot up a catholic school. Its on youtube and netflix. The list goes on and RL would fit well in with this lot, Ireland can produce them.

There were some absolute animals on both sides, it was basically a serial killer's paradise and a lot stepped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

judaspig wrote: »
    There were some absolute animals on both sides, it was basically a serial killer's paradise and a lot stepped up.

But we can't discuss it in a thread about brutal gangsters from Ireland when it's quiet lol

Oh and the plan to shoot up a primary school of children was actually the British Special Branches idea, they wanted the Glenanne Gang, a brutal group of dirty RUC cops, UDR Soldiers, and UVF men to kill at least one teacher and 30 school children to provoke a response from the IRA which would cause civil war

It was the UVF who vetoed and refused to carry out the attack

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I really can't see why anyone who has listened to any amount of accents can't know he said Liam.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I really can't see why anyone who has listened to any amount of accents can't know he said Liam.

I hear more "fair play to dem" or "fair play to ya den"?

Would they even know who the killer was when they were making these vids?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Madmax03 wrote: »
    Jamie's not on the run . He has quietened down a good bit . Is a family man now . Leon on the other hand is still a nutjob

Thanks for that for some reason I had it in my head he was linked to the Dottie Douglas murder and was on the run for that. Obviously way off. Good to see hear settling down was someone who was defo on the road to long term jail time or been killed himself at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

If they did surely the last thing they would be doing is hinting at him as has been said here with the Liam and Morgan conspiracys.
    Anyone else think the accent is hidious. My god onky a spin up the road from.dublim city centre or Meath and the talk like the have special needs up there
    Has to be the worst accent in the country I honestly couldn't tale any them serious talking like that.

Fair play to ya team? I think it's a hard letter than a soft one like L he's started it with

If they did surely the last thing they would be doing is hinting at him as has been said here with the Liam and Morgan conspiracys.
    Anyone else think the accent is hidious. My god onky a spin up the road from.dublim city centre or Meath and the talk like the have special needs up there
    Has to be the worst accent in the country I honestly couldn't tale any them serious talking like that.

I do have to say his pictures make him look intimidating but yeah the voice.. although remember Mike Tyson, they made fun of his voice too

I think the orginal theory was probably right, the Captain Morgans is probably a reference to Lawlors sailing hobby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Fair play to ya team? I think it's a hard letter than a soft one like L he's started it with

He definitely says Liam, I’ve not heard that accent much but that’s the first thing I heard and it’s fairly obvious. On a separate note I watched some of The Resurrection Man in YouTube, it’s only building up for some of the stuff they were doing was nuts just picking fellas off the streets and slicing them up, the rest of it will be grim enough I say. The mothers portrayed as turning a blind eye so far, very interesting, it’s a different world up there tbf.

• Advertisement

He definitely says Liam, I’ve not heard that accent much but that’s the first thing I heard and it’s fairly obvious. On a separate note I watched some of The Resurrection Man in YouTube, it’s only building up for some of the stuff they were doing was nuts just picking fellas off the streets and slicing them up, the rest of it will be grim enough I say. The mothers portrayed as turning a blind eye so far, very interesting, it’s a different world up there tbf.

You should watch the documentary you came across afterwards mate, don't always like Stephan Nolan but he does a great job in it, especially calling out the head detective on some of his obvious lies

It does sound like Liam when I listen back, but I dunno, I have my doubts he would even know at that point who the killer was and they way they talk it could still be anything to me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Upgrade what ever you watch on.

Some phones will play it better than a PC.

why do you think travellers in dublin have nice accents? thats not a drogheda accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 adamandeve

John_D3 wrote: »
    Billy Wright was a British agent, he got away for so long as he was an executer for the British, then the INLA killed him in prison and it is also suspected the Brits were behind it. Billy Wright like Lenny Murphy had a catholic parent

Sorry lads don't mean to derail the thread lol its a myth that Murphy had Catholic blood there are a lot families in the Shankill and throughout other loyalist areas in Belfast with the surname Murphy,it was in books that Lenny's da was a closet taig but infact his father was as rabid a loyalist as they come,regarding Wright he didn't have any Catholic lineage either but he did knock about with Catholic children when he was a kid even playing Gaelic football with them around
    Co Armagh.The only loyalist that I know of that had any Catholic lineage was Michael Stone he was born in England to a Catholic mother a lady by the name of O'Sullivan or something a southern woman who fecked off on the father his da took him back home to Belfast as a kid and you know all the rest,again sorry for getting off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seantomo

I think I would be right in saying Price is an English gypsy hence the funny accent, same group as Billy Joe Saunders,there is actually a community of Romani/Englsih gypsys in this country with Andy Lee is another, they are a different group to Irish travllers and have differet accents and dont have that Irish gypo look either.

adamandeve wrote: »
    Sorry lads don't mean to derail the thread lol its a myth that Murphy had Catholic blood there are a lot families in the Shankill and throughout other loyalist areas in Belfast with the surname Murphy,it was in books that Lenny's da was a closet taig but infact his father was as rabid a loyalist as they come,regarding Wright he didn't have any Catholic lineage either but he did knock about with Catholic children when he was a kid even playing Gaelic football with them around
    Co Armagh.The only loyalist that I know of that had any Catholic lineage was Michael Stone he was born in England to a Catholic mother a lady by the name of O'Sullivan or something a southern woman who fecked off on the father his da took him back home to Belfast as a kid and you know all the rest,again sorry for getting off topic.

The Catholic father thing came from the Resurrection man, Murphy was really called Hugh Murphy and despised the fact that he had an Irish sounding name, which added a lot to his bigotry

seantomo wrote: »
    I think I would be right in saying Price is an English gypsy hence the funny accent, same group as Billy Joe Saunders,there is actually a community of Romani/Englsih gypsys in this country with Andy Lee is another, they are a different group to Irish travllers and have differet accents and dont have that Irish gypo look either.

Andy Lee and Paul Crosby actually have very similar accents, the way they say "toon" instead of town etc

But we can't discuss it in a thread about brutal gangsters from Ireland when it's quiet lol

If you've ever the time you should read up on a guy called Davey Payne serial killers that just used the troubles as their own personal playground.

adamandeve wrote: »
    If you've ever the time you should read up on a guy called Davey Payne serial killers that just used the troubles as their own personal playground.

Oh I know all about him mate, the original Shankill Butcher before Lenny came along IMO, thought to have killed as many as 30 people himself, but we have to stop derailing the thread now lol, and talk about brutal gangsters instead

• Advertisement

The Catholic father thing came from the Resurrection man, Murphy was really called Hugh Murphy and despised the fact that he had an Irish sounding name, which added a lot to his bigotry

100% Hugh Leonard Murphy hence why people reckon he had to out kill everybody else and the term a super prod was coined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

seantomo wrote: »

Correct

Correct

Since he fled to Manchester is that where his origins lie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

Speaking of the Eddie McCabe murder. The perpetrator..was he involved in an attempted rape of a woman in an apartment in Inchicore/Drimnagh area in recent years before the Bradford incident ? Just after he got out of prison. Very nasty piece of work that chap. Friend of mine was in Port Laois when he was there. Said he used to hang with GC from Limerick and AS from Waterford. All sick killers. The types that would hang around talking about gruesome details of people they hurt, maimed and killed over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 36 RC1985

Speaking of the Eddie McCabe murder. The perpetrator..was he involved in an attempted rape of a woman in an apartment in Inchicore/Drimnagh area in recent years before the Bradford incident ? Just after he got out of prison. Very nasty piece of work that chap. Friend of mine was in Port Laois when he was there. Said he used to hang with GC from Limerick and AS from Waterford. All sick killers. The types that would hang around talking about gruesome details of people they hurt, maimed and killed over the years

Who’s AS from Waterford mate? Can someone also link me the Bradford incident ðŸ‘

It does sound like Liam when I listen back, but I dunno, I have my doubts he would even know at that point who the killer was and they way they talk it could still be anything to me

Did any of you try to use the Youtube feature to slow down the video playback? (I nearly wrote YT there, but didn't want to introduce another gansta to the scene, lol)

I banged on some in-ears as well, and at 100%, 75% and 50% speeds I'm hearing the very same thing - Lee. I just cannot hear that M at the end to make it a Liam. It's more to me just a cadence from him closing his lips, than an M.

But come ere, I just did that out of curiousity rather than try to crack the big case or anything. It's hard to know what his lingo, slang and colloquialisms are. It could be a name he is saying, or just some utterance which closes off a sentence.

Also, remember that 'Yanny or Laurel' thing from a few years ago where depending on the listener, some people heard a voice saying Yanny and some heard Laurel - two completely different words. Auditory illusions are a thing.

With acoustics, psycho-acoustics, never mind the speaker's dialect/accents, it can be hard to pinpoint something like this. Like, without taking it to forensic level. Even at that...in a court this would be all circumstantial and easily argued against by CP's / "Liam's" defence if such a day ever came.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

Was it jonny adair when asked if he ever gave a Catholic a lift in his car, he replied, only a dead one.

Pretty sure Michael Stone said Adair and Sam McCrory became close buddies in Jail if yano what I mean haha

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Prisoner 0922156

RC1985 wrote: »
    Who’s AS from Waterford mate? Can someone also link me the Bradford incident ðŸ‘

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/17668633.amp/

Sounds like a bit of a cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Doesn't the theory go him and Maguire organised it? Would know the killers name in advance then surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Is this thread about THE TROUBLES? I think most posters will agree....we could all write a book on it,.it actually deserves its own thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement