Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kayakkkk

It does sound like Liam when I listen back, but I dunno, I have my doubts he would even know at that point who the killer was and they way they talk it could still be anything to me

Cp has a sister called lee who I presumed he was talking to about the video she was filming ???

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kayakkkk

Did any of you try to use the Youtube feature to slow down the video playback? (I nearly wrote YT there, but didn't want to introduce another gansta to the scene, lol)

I banged on some in-ears as well, and at 100%, 75% and 50% speeds I'm hearing the very same thing - Lee. I just cannot hear that M at the end to make it a Liam. It's more to me just a cadence from him closing his lips, than an M.

But come ere, I just did that out of curiousity rather than try to crack the big case or anything. It's hard to know what his lingo, slang and colloquialisms are. It could be a name he is saying, or just some utterance which closes off a sentence.

Also, remember that 'Yanny or Laurel' thing from a few years ago where depending on the listener, some people heard a voice saying Yanny and some heard Laurel - two completely different words. Auditory illusions are a thing.

With acoustics, psycho-acoustics, never mind the speaker's dialect/accents, it can be hard to pinpoint something like this. Like, without taking it to forensic level. Even at that...in a court this would be all circumstantial and easily argued against by CP's / "Liam's" defence if such a day ever came.

His Sisters name is lee so I think your correct

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Speaking of the Eddie McCabe murder. The perpetrator..was he involved in an attempted rape of a woman in an apartment in Inchicore/Drimnagh area in recent years before the Bradford incident ? Just after he got out of prison. Very nasty piece of work that chap. Friend of mine was in Port Laois when he was there. Said he used to hang with GC from Limerick and AS from Waterford. All sick killers. The types that would hang around talking about gruesome details of people they hurt, maimed and killed over the years

Who is AS from Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kotou2

wrote:
    Quote: Ratbags
    Little and Davis totally separate sanambar nothing to do with the Davis killing

Seeing as Davis shooter was in daytime and was witnessed by his partner. Has it been said whodunit? Left scene on bike.

Sorry I see he's named
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/man-28-charged-with-murder-of-jordan-davis-in-darndale-1.3935722
    But who got him to do it? and why? No doubt money was owed..

And E Boylans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Enquiring mind

Just read a comment on Youtube on a video called 'Robbie Lawlor update' from a guy claiming his cousin lived directly behind the murder scene. According to him his cousin seen AH run out of the back of the house with a gun and jump into a car waiting in the alley. He also said Robbie Lawlor was sent into the house with a gun loaded with blanks, and he tried to shoot AH but realised it wasn't working and tried to flee, as AH gave chase and hit him twice in the back of the head, one to the face and also one to the chest befofe escaping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭leko99

Just read a comment on Youtube on a video called 'Robbie Lawlor update' from a guy claiming his cousin lived directly behind the murder scene. According to him his cousin seen AH run out of the back of the house with a gun and jump into a car waiting in the alley. He also said Robbie Lawlor was sent into the house with a gun loaded with blanks, and he tried to shoot AH but realised it wasn't working and tried to flee, as AH gave chase and hit him twice in the back of the head, one to the face and also one to the chest befofe escaping.
    Ach well then if a guy on youtubes cousin seen it....

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

kotou2 wrote: »
    Seeing as Davis shooter was in daytime and was witnessed by his partner. Has it been said whodunit? Left scene on bike.

Sorry I see he's named
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/man-28-charged-with-murder-of-jordan-davis-in-darndale-1.3935722
    But who got him to do it? and why? No doubt money was owed..

Reading between the lines in some newspaper reports, and confirmed by people on here, it seems the shooter’s girlfriend’s brother - a well-known Coolock criminal who has been in the news quite a bit since last summer and was friends with Davis - ordered the shooting. His name was outed in this thread just a few days ago so if you read back a bit you’ll find it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Thesiger wrote: »
    Reading between the lines in some newspaper reports, and confirmed by people on here, it seems the shooter’s girlfriend’s brother - a well-known Coolock criminal who has been in the news quite a bit since last summer and was friends with Davis - ordered the shooting. His name was outed in this thread just a few days ago so if you read back a bit you’ll find it.
    Look at JD Facebook page
    There is a pic of him and guy who ordered his killing with "broskis" captioned
    Why do he want him dead tho

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Since he fled to Manchester is that where his origins lie?

Rochdale, Greater Manchester area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

RC1985 wrote: »
    Who’s AS from Waterford mate? Can someone also link me the Bradford incident ðŸ‘

AS, Waterford

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/man-grinned-as-he-stabbed-murder-victim-227152.html

• Advertisement

Some life and death Eddie McCabe had
    Father shot dead when he was 10
    At 12 he was in paper as a runaway and trouble with cops,his ma said he told her he doesn't care if he lived or died
    Inevitable life of drugs then his horrific death
    The sad thing is this type of life isn't that unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭rodmn2377

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Some life and death Eddie McCabe had
    Father shot dead when he was 10
    At 12 he was in paper as a runaway and trouble with cops,his ma said he told her he doesn't care if he lived or died
    Inevitable life of drugs then his horrific death
    The sad thing is this type of life isn't that unusual

He was only after getting out of prison and had a new baby when they killed him.. he had left prison clean and was going to try and pull his life around and this happened. He didnt deserve what happened to him.. I dont actually think he ratted about the phone.. I think someone saving there own skin pointed the finger... even if he did he did t deserve to die for it and the way he did... the lad who is locked up in Bradford that's supposed to have done it was shot in while in bed with his girlfriend a good few yrs ago.. I never heard anything about the rape.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Vague9i0

Look at JD Facebook page
    There is a pic of him and guy who ordered his killing with "broskis" captioned
    Why do he want him dead tho

CL ordered JD killing? What did I miss?

Vague9i0 wrote: »
    CL ordered JD killing? What did I miss?
    Not cl
    20 aug 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Vague9i0

Not cl
    20 aug 2018

Got it. Bit chilling seeing that

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

00benski wrote: »
    Who is living in dun laoirge now do you mind me asking?

Leroy Dumbrell. He wasn’t the guy who did that. Another poster gave info on who did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Keithlaird

Rochdale, Greater Manchester area.

He was with family there and going to brum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

It does sound like Liam when I listen back, but I dunno, I have my doubts he would even know at that point who the killer was and they way they talk it could still be anything to me

If it’s been a set up he’d defo know the ins and out. I can’t hear anything else but Liam. Then it turns out to be a Liam involved possibly. If it turns out to be him then it’s CP giving the cheers to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Guessed wrote: »

A female teenager going to petrol bomb a house, they have their grip on teenagers, dunno why it’s not shocking when it’s a female but alot of these might not have a choice to do it. These gangs just pray on the vulnerable people and don’t really get their hands dirty. It’s disgusting. Who was the target is the question? Anyone know? Anti-Maguire faction is very interesting if true. Surely that was leading that girl to the slaughter.

• Advertisement

I'm taking anything the Herald write about Moneymore personalities with a pinch of salt.

They haven't a fückin clue.

I'm taking anything the Herald write about Moneymore personalities with a pinch of salt.

They haven't a fückin clue.

Facts still are tho a 17 year old female caught with a petrol bomb in an area with a brutal history of petrol bombed houses
    That article writes itself

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

The thread has been described as quiet at the moment so I hope people don't mind another post relating to Dublin gangland history. Three new cases have been added to this article:

https://comeheretome.com/2020/04/08/gangland-murders-in-dublin-1970s-80s/

1979 - Convicted criminal Christy Shannon (43), of Ballymun, was shot dead in a car found near Croke Park. Another criminal Larry Cummins, of Summerhill, admitted that his shotgun was used. He was charged but not convicted of the murder. Fast forward to 2006 and Cummins was sentenced to 15 years for shooting publican Charlie Charke during a robbery in 2003. He died after a long illness in prison in 2009.

1986 - Petty crook Patrick Garland (38), of Crumlin, went missing in March 1986. His remains were found 18 months later in the Dublin Mountains when the police were searching for the robbed Beit paintings. He'd been shot in the back. Organised crime link suspected. No charges.

1986 - Barney Murray (24) shot dead in Cabra during a street altercation between two groups of youths over a stolen motorbike. Not a gangland hit as such but a clash between anti-social elements which did involve firearms. A young man from Finglas was convicted for manslaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LaCosaNausea

Johnny Adair never fired a shot in his life that wasn't in a UDA show of strength, his C Company colleagues and the kids he groomed however were serious scum, one of them murdered and impaled his pregnant girlfriend to the floor with a knife after she threatened to leave him, another one beat a British Army cook to death with a brick after mistaking him for a Catholic

It was Stephen "Top Gun" McKeague who did most of the killing for Adair, and after he started to get a name for himself Adair got jealous, when McKeague refused to take part in Adairs planned purge against the UVF on the Shankill, he died in mysterious circumstances

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_McKeag

"Following his killing of Catholic shop worker Philomena Hanna at a chemists near the Springfield Road on 28 April 1992, eyewitnesses reported that as McKeag and his driver sped back to the Shankill via Lanark Way they shouted and sang his favourite song, 'Follow the Yellow Brick Road' from The Wizard of Oz.[12][13] Other UDA members later confirmed that the Yellow Brick Road was McKeag's nickname for Lanark Way, a street linking the Shankill and Springfield roads and favoured by loyalist hitmen as an escape route from Republican West Belfast.[14] An attack on 14 November 1992, launched by McKeag, under the orders of Johnny Adair, on a branch of Sean Graham's bookmakers on the Oldpark Road left three Catholics dead and a number of others, including some Protestants who also frequented the betting shop, injured"

"Some within C Company, including William "Winkie" Dodds, felt that Adair had a long-term jealousy of McKeag's exploits as a killer and argued that Adair had based much of his own reputation for violence upon activities actually carried out by McKeag.[28] It was also claimed in An Phoblacht, Sinn Féin's official newspaper, that McKeag had been involved in a £70,000 cocaine deal that he had excluded Adair from, although the allegation was not quoted elsewhere.[29] One of McKeag's last violent actions was opening fire on police with an AK-47 during riots in response to the Drumcree conflict on Belfast's Carlisle Circus, a junction at the base of the Crumlin and Antrim Roads near the city centre.[30]"

Does anyone really care about the criminality resulting from the troubles in this particular thread. Surely this is separate from gangland. I’ll admit there’s some crossover but personally I couldn’t care less about killers who are motivated by religion or politics in this Gangland thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dean thonton

Does anyone really care about the criminality resulting from the troubles in this particular thread. Surely this is separate from gangland. I’ll admit there’s some crossover but personally I couldn’t care less about killers who are motivated by religion or politics in this Gangland thread.

In all fairness the north the last 30 years has not really been about politics or religion it has been gangland , drugs , extortion,etc so yes quite happy to read and their is an absolute connection to gangs up there and down here which will become more apparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭Jizique

Not cl
    20 aug 2018

Britney Spears gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kotou2

Jizique wrote: »
    Britney Spears gig?

Hit me baby one more time
    Think you killed the thread, no post for 2hr

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

The IRA godfather who took the Wilson bros under his wing,is he anything to do with the person who stabbed RM to death in Glenageary in 1999? I read somewhere that the alleged killer of RM had republican links. Plenty of former IRA men around dublin,i get that, but just asking if anyone knows of any connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Prisoner 0922156

Drug dealers capping each other is way more interesting than conflicts waged over religious divides.

Let's get back on track :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Ck988

Who does CL work for? Presumably he’s under Big‘s wing if he’s suspected of pulling the trigger on Carberry, seems to fairly erratic for such a young lad I’m sure he’ll step on a few toes over time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement