Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

he only shared on social media yesterday that he was expecting his first child

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Just looked him up on FB
    Sad end to young life
    As an aside it amazes me how so many guys are down on FB as full time mad bastards
    And called Clayton
    Where did the dubs love of that name come from?

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Just looked him up on FB
    Sad end to young life
    As an aside it amazes me how so many guys are down on FB as full time mad bastards
    And called Clayton

probably when U2 started getting big half of the mothers would've been fans in around the 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Ucntcme wrote: »
    he only shared on social media yesterday that he was expecting his first child

Another child losing their father before they are even born. Seems from reports it was just a heat of the moment row. Sad times for all involved.

• Advertisement

I'm not suprised.. within an hour half the people in the inner city knew who done it and if it was in the playground or pitch part of them flats it would've have been like doing it in a concert hall for anyone who was on their balcony with the way the flats are built

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

@padraig_reilly Twitter page

Terrible for some families this morning. You just think the world’s in a pandemic and these people are just facing off with no thoughts of the world around them, it’s true for a lot of people it’sa different world they live in. Another family suffers for no good reason it seems.
    Certain Elements in our society are not going to let a little old pandemic interfere with their normal scum-baggery !:eek:

blinding wrote: »
    Certain Elements in our society are not going to let a little old pandemic interfere with their normal scum-baggery !:eek:

That’s the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Haladmirer wrote: »
    And called Clayton

Probably conceived in one of the hotels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

blinding wrote: »

If your fate is that you are born into a family living in inner city complexes then this is unfortunately one of the outcomes that may lay ahead for young men.

Scum is a harsh word for residents of such complexes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

You mean "child" :rolleyes:

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dublin-stabbing-arrest-gardai-latest-18098507

"Child arrested after dad-to-be, 20, murdered in stabbing at Ballybough House"

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Vague9i0

A lot of life is hard when you're dragged up. A lot of the people on here saying you'd have to be mad or they're scum would probably end up the same way if they'd been born into a different life. They can't put themselves in someone else's shoes, they can only see the world they see it. By early teens, a lot of these kids have been though more trauma than others in this thread will see at the end of an old healthy life

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Sureitlbegrand

begbysback wrote: »
    If your fate is that you are born into a family living in inner city complexes then this is unfortunately one of the outcomes that may lay ahead for young men.

Bull just because your from a certain area dosnt make you scum. Peoples choices not there location make them scum.

Bull just because your from a certain area dosnt make you scum. Peoples choices not there location make them scum.

Agreed the scum are the actions of the people in any place not where they are from, fully agreed. Can’t tar everyone with the same brush.

Unfortunately this ignorance is common, you seem to miss the point that your choices are limited to your location, with exceptions of course. These are kids too, so they aren’t inclined to make great decisions anyways.

A combination of being brought up in underprivileged areas, and being young can land kids in all sorts of trouble they otherwise may have avoided - it’s easy and oversimplistic to label them as scum to separate them from yourself or your own, but make no mistake good people do bad things too.

don't be so ****ing ignorant.. where did read or hear that either of them two young lads actually lived in the complex?

don't be so ****ing ignorant.. where did read or hear that either of them two young lads actually lived in the complex?

The context of the post seems to have gone over your head, so let me help you out there chief - the murder occurred in an inner city flat complex, between young men who would either reside in such areas, or similar underfunded underprivileged areas.

The point, which you ignored or overlooked, is that of a perception of such residents of these areas have limited prospects, and young men of these areas are prone to violence, even if they aren’t inclined to be violent by nature.

Get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kotou2

If your question is where? Eh look at both fb accounts. Appears to be prev Live vid from there. Many ref to living there.
    The usual ea7, hugo boss, smoking jt, sayin robbin mopeds, canit spel 4 sh1te. Kid on the way. No sign of job, well fare bro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Plenty of Good People come from these areas. Admittedly they almost certainly had Parents that made that so.

up until a year ago i lived in a flat complex not far from there just across the liffey and i know two young people going to college one studying law and i know another person who was my brothers friend when they were kids that is a detective now.. if anything like this happened to someone like these some people would assume they were probably just passing through the flats because in some peoples eyes there would be no way their from that area. makes you laugh really i wonder how their perfect life was when they were growing up and when they first learned about crime.. sure what about that kid in D4 a few years back who stabbed another that was looking for a party was he confused because he lived in a house so big that he thought it was a flat complex

• Advertisement

kotou2 wrote: »
    If your question is where? Eh look at both fb accounts. Appears to be prev Live vid from there. Many ref to living there.
    The usual ea7, hugo boss, smoking jt, sayin robbin mopeds, canit spel 4 sh1te. Kid on the way. No sign of job, well fare bro.

whats all that got to do with them living in them flats or any flats.. the original post was about these people living in flat complexes but theres nothing to say they lived there or in any flats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

It's not where you are from,. it's how you carry yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cunnyfuntt

so if your from an inner city complex your scum? a small miniority of people in these areas make life hell for the good people just trying to live there life.

its all well and good making assumptions about people when your as far removed from the situation as possible

up until a year ago i lived in a flat complex not far from there just across the liffey and i know two young people going to college one studying law and i know another person who was my brothers friend when they were kids that is a detective now.. if anything like this happened to someone like these some people would assume they were probably just passing through the flats because in some peoples eyes there would be no way their from that area. makes you laugh really i wonder how their perfect life was when they were growing up and when they first learned about crime.. sure what about that kid in D4 a few years back who stabbed another that was looking for a party was he confused because he lived in a house so big that he thought it was a flat complex

Then why don’t you just speak the truth? That you were one of the lucky ones, you were lucky your uncle joe gave you a small job to get you by, you were lucky your best mate wasn’t the local hard man where you were seen as guilty by association, your lucky your ma wasn’t a crack addict, you were lucky your da wasn’t in jail, you were lucky to play on the local football team to keep you off the streets, you were lucky the police weren’t raiding your home each week, you were lucky there was food in the cupboard, you were lucky you weren’t expelled from school.

Why, when somebody mentions undesirable locations as a precursor to violence & crime, do you jump up and down and make this about you ?

This isn’t about you, you were just lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,439 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Can't talk about Northern gangsters but a deep philosophical discussion about the socioeconomic conditions that influence anti-social behaviour is ok?

Then why don’t you just speak the truth? That you were one of the lucky ones, you were lucky your uncle joe gave you a small job to get you by, you were lucky your best mate wasn’t the local hard man where you were seen as guilty by association, your lucky your ma wasn’t a crack addict, you were lucky your da wasn’t in jail, you were lucky to play on the local football team to keep you off the streets, you were lucky the police weren’t raiding your home each week, you were lucky there was food in the cupboard, you were lucky you weren’t expelled from school.

Why, when somebody mentions undesirable locations as a precursor to violence & crime, do you jump up and down and make this about you ?

This isn’t about you, you were just lucky.

when someone attacks people for being from certain areas yes i back them up and defend them because people like you judge people because of where they are from well let me tell you whatever i have to do in everyday life and deal with people in public i would much rather deal with people from these areas then deal with the ones who think they are better and stuck up their on arses and yes i am lucky i had all them things a lot of people are including yourself

Can't talk about Northern gangsters but a deep philosophical discussion about the socioeconomic conditions that influence anti-social behaviour is ok?

lol - it’s a discussion forum, posts about the underlying causes that may contribute to gangland are surely permitted.

Anyways mods will delete, it’s good to keep them busy during quarantine.

when someone attacks people for being from certain areas yes i back them up and defend them because people like you judge people because of where they are from well let me tell you whatever i have to do in everyday life and deal with people in public i would much rather deal with people from these areas then deal with the ones who think they are better and stuck up their on arses and yes i am lucky i had all them things a lot of people are including yourself

Nonsense, it seems you didn’t even read the post, which said the people who were involved weren’t necessarily scum, that there chances of violence were higher given their social statuses.

But hey you were too busy making this about yourself to notice, and for your own information I’m one of the lucky ones, just didn’t want to make it about me.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

Aren't you lads pretty much agreeing?

• Advertisement

I've been warned not to send a post like this again wtf is wrong with this or is it the person i replied to has a licence to post what they like without question ???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement