Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Aren't you lads pretty much agreeing?

In principle no, he is saying “I got out of the ghetto, so everybody else should be able to” and those that don’t are scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Can't talk about Northern gangsters but a deep philosophical discussion about the socioeconomic conditions that influence anti-social behaviour is ok?

Let's not talk about either

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

begbysback wrote: »
    In principle no, he is saying “I got out of the ghetto, so everybody else should be able to” and those that don’t are scum.

???? who said that arent you the one that mentioned scum

and i still visit the "ghetto" (as your sort like to call it) pretty much everyday i didnt mean anything by me moving out my point was the people who done well for themselves and not everyone goes around stabbing each other like you think cop on to yourselve and get down off your high horse

Ucntcme wrote: »
    ???? who said that arent you the one that mentioned scum

Maybe at this point you should go back and actually read the post you commented on, and you were most likely warned because you attached the poster, not the post.

• Advertisement

Maybe at this point you should go back and actually read the post you commented on, and you were most likely warned because you attached the poster, not the post.

was the original post not you saying young men from inner city flat complexes are likely to be stabbed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

So anyway was last night just a heat of the moment argument? No relation to Gangland?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

I'm confused as to exactly what "gangland" even entails now anyway

So anyway was last night just a heat of the moment argument? No relation to Gangland?

not gangland it was personal though so i'm told

was the original post not you saying young men from inner city flat complexes are likely to be stabbed?

Yes, that they would have a higher chance of being involved in such violence, and the calling them scum was harsh because they would usually be at a disadvantage in life.

• Advertisement

I'm confused as to exactly what "gangland" even entails now anyway

It’s a myth created by Paul Williams, there is no such thing as organized crime in Ireland, it’s pretty much disorganized crime.

Yes, that they would have a higher chance of being involved in such violence, and the calling them scum was harsh because they would usually be at a disadvantage in life.

ok and i just questioned whether you knew if any of them actually lived in the flats but we'll just leave it there at how lucky i was to get out of the ghetto and all that even though I've only moved two minutes up the road

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭septictank

septictank wrote: »

Cheers, Wow 16 years old and a possible murder conviction. Shocking lads. Two families completely destroyed for two very young men/boys. It’s absolute madness.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A number of posts relating to yesterday's incident removed

Please do not post things you might know about the background to serious crimes - that could prejudice future criminal proceedings

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Sureitlbegrand

Unfortunately this ignorance is common, you seem to miss the point that your choices are limited to your location, with exceptions of course. These are kids too, so they aren’t inclined to make great decisions anyways.

A combination of being brought up in underprivileged areas, and being young can land kids in all sorts of trouble they otherwise may have avoided - it’s easy and oversimplistic to label them as scum to separate them from yourself or your own, but make no mistake good people do bad things too.

Choices might be limited but everyone still has a choice. Some are just more easily led than others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

16 year old arrested for it.
    A close relative of the guy who attacked and paralysed the Italian student in fairview Park years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭rodmn2377

italodisco wrote: »
    16 year old arrested for it.
    A close relative of the guy who attacked and paralysed the Italian student in fairview Park years ago.

The lad who paralysed that student had the same surname as the victim..

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-pleads-guilty-to-vicious-assault-on-italian-teenager-26069090.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Beasty wrote: »
    A number of posts relating to yesterday's incident removed

Please do not post things you might know about the background to serious crimes - that could prejudice future criminal proceedings

Hi Beasty, I take it you are referring to my post and that's understood - but - I see non stop posting in here of who shot who, who was rumoured to be involved, initials, names.

I am not contesting your post, but just not sure why some are allowed and some aren't - genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

rodmn2377 wrote: »

Yeah i mixed it up sorry. Victim was a relative of fairview Park lad. I was talking to my brother he lives there, says the lad who did it and his family are pure parasites and there's going to be major trouble now

• Advertisement

rodmn2377 wrote: »

Now that’s absolute scum. Back turned and a bottle across the head. That poor Italian lad, only looking to get his wallet back.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Hi Beasty, I take it you are referring to my post and that's understood - but - I see non stop posting in here of who shot who, who was rumoured to be involved, initials, names.

I am not contesting your post, but just not sure why some are allowed and some aren't - genuine question.
    It's all in the OP

However we are heavily reliant on reports

Also initials of someone charged and convicted, murdered, or indeed suspects who have been murdered, are not an issue, as you cannot defame the dead and there are no proceedings to potentially prejudice

This is not for further discussion here, and if anyone has any further questions please PM me -do not respond to this post

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

No word on lawlors funeral....has it happened?

Noseygit wrote: »
    No word on lawlors funeral....has it happened?

With COVID19 it could be all done and dusted already. Haven’t heard a dicky bird on it anywhere in the media, maybe ppl with their ear to the ground will know more. Another possibility is the body might not have been released yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Oceans One

Now that’s absolute scum. Back turned and a bottle across the head. That poor Italian lad, only looking to get his wallet back.

About 5-6 years after this, I was playing footy with mates and a few tag a longs in fairview park for a few weeks. Everybody having a great time, few strangers joined in, Russians, Brazilians and all great until a certain Osborne turned up looking for trouble on a moped driving through our pitch and just being a c.nt! Armed with a big bag of bottles aswell. Tried swinging at a few lads until he picked the wrong one and got knocked the f.ck out, apparently he broke his jaw and fractured his skull.
    Couldn’t have happened to a nicer fella!

Oceans One wrote: »
    About 5-6 years after this, I was playing footy with mates and a few tag a longs in fairview park for a few weeks. Everybody having a great time, few strangers joined in, Russians, Brazilians and all great until a certain Osborne turned up looking for trouble on a moped driving through our pitch and just being a c.nt! Armed with a big bag of bottles aswell. Tried swinging at a few lads until he picked the wrong one and got knocked the f.ck out, apparently he broke his jaw and fractured his skull.
    Couldn’t have happened to a nicer fella!

was it the fella in the article or his brother G......

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Just looked him up on FB
    Sad end to young life
    As an aside it amazes me how so many guys are down on FB as full time mad bastards
    And called Clayton
    Where did the dubs love of that name come from?

Named after the Hotels where they were conceived

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SSLil

First time poster etc

According to @IzzyKamikaze on twitter he was an only child. His mother is a community activist (according to Christy Burke) and she's well known and liked for her kindness. Heartbreaking for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

He is dead now so it is probably alright to say on here but I have it on good authority that Mr. B. Marley was in fact a pivotal player involved in the shooting of the sheriff.

However, allegations that he also shot the deputy are unfounded and false.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Oceans One

Not sure which Osborne it was but there’s a few of them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement