Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Named after the Hotels where they were conceived

Clayton is now the new 'Anto' and 'Deco' to be followed soon by Jayden and Brandon.

The special criminal court will be like a 90's boy band audition in about 8 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Nibs05

There was a funeral today in Laytown co.Meath, 1 armed response Q7, a Gardai van and 2 squad cars for around 10 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Steve94

Possible shooting in cherry orchard, ceaderbrook from what I heard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Nibs05 wrote: »
    There was a funeral today in Laytown co.Meath, 1 armed response Q7, a Gardai van and 2 squad cars for around 10 people.

Guard of honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Steve94 wrote: »
    Possible shooting in cherry orchard, ceaderbrook from what I heard

Well garda chopper is over cherry orchard but the garda chopper is always over cherry orchard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Oceans One wrote: »
    About 5-6 years after this, I was playing footy with mates and a few tag a longs in fairview park for a few weeks. Everybody having a great time, few strangers joined in, Russians, Brazilians and all great until a certain Osborne turned up looking for trouble on a moped driving through our pitch and just being a c.nt! Armed with a big bag of bottles aswell. Tried swinging at a few lads until he picked the wrong one and got knocked the f.ck out, apparently he broke his jaw and fractured his skull.
    Couldn’t have happened to a nicer fella!

Funny you say that, years ago I was walking through fairview Park with a young one from North strand I met in barcode a few weeks before.
    Minding our business playing the game of love etc, got approached by a group of 4 lads, 1 of whom decided to grab my hood and send me flying to the ground.
    Thank god I was drinking from a glass bottle of oasis at the time as I smashed it off 1 of their foreheads, I still have the scars on my right hand today from the glass going into my own hand haha!
    She found out a few weeks later, being local enough herself, who they were and one of them definitely had the same surname as the victim from ballybough and I was told to stay well away from there and north strand in case they spotted me.
    Not a hope I would though. Nothing was keeping me away from her haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Haha, oh dear, just seen this on the journal

THE GARDA AIR Support unit is being used to identify groups of people who are not complying with Covid-19 distancing measures.

The helicopters have been scouting a number of different locations where it is possible that large gatherings are taking place.

Large parks as well as local beauty spots are also being put under surveillance by the helicopters.

If a gathering is seen, the information is then passed to the officers on the ground who will work to disperse those who are flouting the regulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Oceans One

italodisco wrote: »
    Funny you say that, years ago I was walking through fairview Park with a young one from North strand I met in barcode a few weeks before.
    Minding our business playing the game of love etc, got approached by a group of 4 lads, 1 of whom decided to grab my hood and send me flying to the ground.
    Thank god I was drinking from a glass bottle of oasis at the time as I smashed it off 1 of their foreheads, I still have the scars on my right hand today from the glass going into my own hand haha!
    She found out a few weeks later, being local enough herself, who they were and one of them definitely had the same surname as the victim from ballybough and I was told to stay well away from there and north strand in case they spotted me.
    Not a hope I would though. Nothing was keeping me away from her haha.

Glad it ended good for you. Great to see/hear karma biting back on a sc.mbag!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Given that one gang in this feud has already shown a willingness to dig up a corpse from a grave in the dead of night is it likely Lawlor will be cremated rather than buried? If its a burial it wouldnt surprise me if they attacked his grave, thats the kind of scum we're dealing with here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Omackeral wrote: »
    How would you possibly know that? I don’t spout BS on this thread. I’ve credible sources which I’m happy to share via PM if you’d like.
    The Dundons were never masterminds or godfathers who built an empire on their own initiative. They were simply enforcers, acting on the instructions of others, who because of their capability for extreme violence, instilled fear. Every criminal gang needs people like that. They're handy to have around. The real "bosses" in that organisation were a certain veteran criminal from Co.Clare and certain members of the McCarthy family from Moyross and Weston. They gave the orders. Wayne and the boys just did what they were told to do. The local Gardai and other people on the ground could tell you this. These are the only "credible sources" worth paying any attention to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Thedogsbolix

Nibs05 wrote: »

Lawlor??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Oceans One

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Guard of honour.

And apparently continued all the way to RC house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

chicorytip wrote: »
    The Dundons were never masterminds or godfathers who built an empire on their own initiative. They were simply enforcers, acting on the instructions of others, who because of their capability for extreme violence, instilled fear. Every criminal gang needs people like that. They're handy to have around. The real "bosses" in that organisation were a certain veteran criminal from Co.Clare and certain members of the McCarthy family from Moyross and Weston. They gave the orders. Wayne and the boys just did what they were told to do. The local Gardai and other people on the ground could tell you this. These are the only "credible sources" worth paying any attention to.
    The fella from Clare seems to have gotten out at the top without losing everything to cab , getting clipped or jailed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

brady12 wrote: »
    The fella from Clare seems to have gotten out at the top without losing everything to cab , getting clipped or jailed ?

Marty Morrisery was actually born in Cork and spent a few years growing up in the Bronx before moving to Clare!

And people thought it was bad the Dundons bringing back what they learned from London.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PLATOBONG

Marty Morrisery was actually born in Cork and spent a few years growing up in the Bronx before moving to Clare!

And people thought it was bad the Dundons bringing back what they learned from London.

Ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Vague9i0

Two men survive gun attack in west Dublin
    The incident happened in Cherry Orchard.
    Journal.ie on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Googleyes

Any word on KB and the woman beating brother

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

The PSNI asking people from Ardoyne to come forward with info, yeah cus that's likely

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Prisoner 0922156

Googleyes wrote: »
    Any word on KB and the woman beating brother

Depends who you believe. Some say they are back, some say they are still in Spain.
    Either way, the future doesn't look too rosy.

• Advertisement

Depends who you believe. Some say they are back, some say they are still in Spain.
    Either way, the future doesn't look too rosy.

Can anybody think of a single reason why they'd set foot back on the island? Best case scenario would be a quick death?

Can anybody think of a single reason why they'd set foot back on the island? Best case scenario would be a quick death?

Money, or lack of it, could mean they have no choice.
    However they will get lifted almost immediately, they'd better hope it is by officials and not travellers.
    Do they pose a threat anymore? I don't think so. A beating might settle the score.
    There was a news article about a traveller having a sit down with the police and telling them 3 people had to die to end the feud. The 2 brothers weren't on the list.

Found link https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7904971/amp/Irish-police-told-five-months-ago-suspected-killer-teenager-three-man-hit-list.html

However they will get lifted almost immediately, they'd better hope it is by officials and not travellers.
    Do they pose a threat anymore? I don't think so. A beating might settle the score.
    There was a news article about a traveller having a sit down with the police and telling them 3 people had to die to end the feud. The 2 brothers weren't on the list.

Found link https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7904971/amp/Irish-police-told-five-months-ago-suspected-killer-teenager-three-man-hit-list.html

Think I read that was OM, but with all that's gone on would they really escape with just a beating? Surely it's gone beyond that now since they are seen as the de facto leaders of the anti-Maguire faction, I wouldn't be confident, they'd be safer living on the Spanish streets than taking their chances here I would think
    like the man said about a previous feud long ago, "You don't do something like that then say "look lads, can we draw a line under this whole fued" , theres no drawing lines after something like that, that's too big an act of war"

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

One of those people on the list is since deceased so someone needs to fill the void. I also wouldn't take the word of a traveller at face value. There's no reason why the brothers wouldn't be offed - anyone in that gang are dead men walking.

Stooped wrote: »
    One of those people on the list is since deceased so someone needs to fill the void. I also wouldn't take the word of a traveller at face value. There's no reason why the brothers wouldn't be offed - anyone in that gang are dead men walking.

It was also in the Daily Mail so could be utter bollox full stop :D
    I don't know what the intricacies are but I'm guessing the comedy caller and the money man will be of greater interest. Having said that, it would be a statement if they took the leaders out and made it clear what happens to people who think they can be their own boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

chicorytip wrote: »

So the veteran criminal was just all about the business? ;) every gang need enforcers and extremely violent characters to instill fear that’s their fuel.

"When guys are going to the mattresses they aren't out earning!" - Tony Soprano

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

I noted this in the piece
    His bosses in the feud have fled to Spain while a violent criminal who is suspected of assisting in the murder of 17-year-old Mulready-Woods is in custody on unrelated charges.

Are the two brothers the head of the Anti Maguire faction all along or only because Ruthless is dead? I’ve never heard of them spoken as bosses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Bigwilliam

Guys is it just me or is the cocaine quality dropped majorly since the covid 19 started

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement