Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Djpremier420

I hear that levi is down around Kerry these days his mother with a local traveller .He going around bragging thinking he's a right gangster after it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

begbysback wrote: »
    It’s a myth created by Paul Williams, there is no such thing as organized crime in Ireland, it’s pretty much disorganized crime.

Absolute bull****. Just look at the Kinahan cartel for instance. Very much organized crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bigwilliam

Guys is it just me or is the cocaine quality dropped majorly since the covid 19 started

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Joe Joyce jnr confirmed as having killed the young lad in Enniskillen

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-52312479

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Prisoner 0922156

I noted this in the piece
    His bosses in the feud have fled to Spain while a violent criminal who is suspected of assisting in the murder of 17-year-old Mulready-Woods is in custody on unrelated charges.

Are the two brothers the head of the Anti Maguire faction all along or only because Ruthless is dead? I’ve never heard of them spoken as bosses.

They were the bosses of their little gang. Robbie was the muscle and had his personal reasons but there is no saying he wouldn't have whacked them at some point in the future, if history is anything to go by and they got above themselves.

Interestingly, I read Robbie had an alibi the night of the murder and was on CCTV in a pub and the actual killer is hiding out in eastern Europe.

Will Ged rat out the rest or take it on the chin for the death of Keith Branigan? Maybe he pins it all on Robbie Lawlor as the "notorious Dublin hitman" the papers labelled him as, now he is dead and gets himself off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

A detective saying "it was only going to end in death" and that he should have ran away to avoid confrontation, now its absolutely tragic that a young lad lost his life but didn't this happen outside his house? where's he supposed to run to?

I noted this in the piece
    His bosses in the feud have fled to Spain while a violent criminal who is suspected of assisting in the murder of 17-year-old Mulready-Woods is in custody on unrelated charges.

Are the two brothers the head of the Anti Maguire faction all along or only because Ruthless is dead? I’ve never heard of them spoken as bosses.

They were the "head" of the lads who broke away I suppose but Lawlor wasn't taking any orders from them they got him through Carberry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

It was interesting reading a few pages back about how the Drogheda feud started. Info I hadn’t seen previously.

About the death of a person who might have kept the peace between them all and then a fallout in the pub. Also the stabbing story.

If anyone has more background info like that it’d be good to hear.

Was the stabbing from the back of the car in anyway related?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Anon165

Think I read that was OM, but with all that's gone on would they really escape with just a beating? Surely it's gone beyond that now since they are seen as the de facto leaders of the anti-Maguire faction, I wouldn't be confident, they'd be safer living on the Spanish streets than taking their chances here I would think
    like the man said about a previous feud long ago, "You don't do something like that then say "look lads, can we draw a line under this whole fued" , theres no drawing lines after something like that, that's too big an act of war"

If OM and BM were taken out previously would that be the end of the McGuire's or do they have a long list of people to replace them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Anon165 wrote: »
    If OM and BM were taken out previously would that be the end of the McGuire's or do they have a long list of people to replace them?

CP would have still been there.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure mate I don't know the strengths of each side other than info I've read but I can't imagine the travellers would back down from Mongo Crosby or the Boys just because OM got done, CP would almost certainly have still had something to say about it, think he was the one who started to put them back in their place til Lawlor threw a spanner in the works

I heard BM wasn't really involved in the ins and outs of the "family business" but don't know if that's true or not

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

Named after the Hotels where they were conceived

Hotels are to classy.

Most we're conceived on arm chairs, and neighbors car bonnet's.

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    CP would have still been there.

Yeah I'd imagine so

• Registered Users Posts: 21,159 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Bigwilliam wrote: »
    Guys is it just me or is the cocaine quality dropped majorly since the covid 19 started

20 mins later....
    Bigwilliam wrote: »

Seems to be working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kotou2

They were the bosses of their little gang. Robbie was the muscle and had his personal reasons....

Interestingly, I read Robbie had an alibi...

Dont forget RL was clever, so damn sure he sought an alibi. He and GT purposely went to a bar on a faithful evening, knowing no one would know the exact time of death. Chances were the pair of them be less likely convicted.

RL was Coolock, so why does article say Donaghmede. Or did he live there from nappies for a while? If someone knows where he was in Coolock, does any family still live there?

PARlance wrote: »
    20 mins later....

Seems to be working fine

That got a belly laugh from me mate thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dean thonton

kotou2 wrote: »
    Dont forget RL was clever, so damn sure he sought an alibi. He and GT purposely went to a bar on a faithful evening, knowing no one would know the exact time of death. Chances were the pair of them be less likely convicted.

RL was Coolock, so why does article say Donaghmede. Or did he live there from nappies for a while? If someone knows where he was in Coolock, does any family still live there?

He wasn’t really that clever just that the judicial system here is not fit for purpose he was arrested over 120 times.

He wasn’t really that clever just that the judicial system here is not fit for purpose he was arrested over 120 times.

True.

Actually it was 124 convictions, that prob means he was arrested 400 times and only 124 stuck.
    And he prob did another 800 crimes that wasnt even arrested for.

Sure the Dec 2019 trial, had multiple charges, but got done for none. Lawyers turnover will drop with him gone.

True.

Actually it was 124 convictions, that prob means he was arrested 400 times and only 124 stuck.
    And he prob did another 800 crimes that wasnt even arrested for.

Sure the Dec 2019 trial, had multiple charges, but got done for none. Lawyers turnover will drop with him gone.

We give the Garda a hard time for what seems to be a bad job they do but in all fairness they seem to get the arrests it’s the judges that have alot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

We give the Garda a hard time for what seems to be a bad job they do but in all fairness they seem to get the arrests it’s the judges that have alot to answer for.

Who's this "We" your referring to 🀔

• Advertisement

Who's this "We" your referring to 🀔

Me and most of the general public apart from you.

The state, and this goes for all states, pick and choose who gets to roam free and who gets cracked down on. Don't rock the boat, you stay afloat. Upset the status quo? Boy, you gotta go.

One way or another

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Dont forget RL was clever

Nothing clever about ending up permanently horizontal.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Nothing clever about ending up permanently horizontal.
    His IQ is now Six Feet Under ! !

blinding wrote: »
    His IQ is now Six Feet Under ! !
    Agree, but

If one becomes infamous for violence and carrying weapons the opposition eventually arms up.
    problem is, even infamous cant carry 100% of time, so they eventually get caught out.

Plus his opposition had more power and loyalty, meaning the odds were stacked against him.
    Unless he took head off the snake. He could have become no1.

Had to laugh when garda warned garda not to approach him as he could be armed. I thought cops used to lock up guys with guns.
    Modern day Billy the Kid

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭leko99

Interestingly, I read Robbie had an alibi the night of the murder and was on CCTV in a pub and the actual killer is hiding out in eastern Europe.

Heard that as well

Agree, but

If one becomes infamous for violence and carrying weapons the opposition eventually arms up.
    problem is, even infamous cant carry 100% of time, so they eventually get caught out.

Plus his opposition had more power and loyalty, meaning the odds were stacked against him.
    Unless he took head off the snake. He could have become no1.

Had to laugh when garda warned garda not to approach him as he could be armed. I thought cops used to lock up guys with guns.
    Modern day Billy the Kid

Up North the Police are still armed at all times, carry glocks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Armed gardai formed a ring of steel for the funeral of gangland psychopath Robbie Lawlor today.

Just 15 relatives, including the notorious hitman’s parents, went inside for the low-key service, while 10 mourners waited outside due to COVID-19 restrictions.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/armed-gardai-form-ring-steel-18104071

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

leko99 wrote: »
    Heard that as well
    Heard JB rolled with BoyBros
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/five-years-for-stabbing-stranger-27133635.html

Unreal stabbed guy to death 2007, got 5 yr sentence in 2009, possibly out by 2010 if was on remand awaiting trial.

• Advertisement

I said this pages and pages back saying id love to see how the feud would have played out had both of them two being shot dead. When the trouble first started in the pub and stabbing incident between bs and kavs kavs decided not to really retaliate and maguires held back for months and months. Wasn’t until price got out of the jail they all joined and began retaliating (I know there was a few smaller incidents in november 2018 from maguire side but really wasn’t until price got out) Yeah I dunno who would have won I do think price was the most experienced or whatever u wanna call it out of them all and probably still would have had the power to get carberry and lawlor whacked but I dunno maybe not would have been interesting . The maguires were scared they even went with the statement of threatening to kill to the guards. They wanted the bs locked up. I think then Once they saw they could win the feud they withdrew the statements Cos they know now they’ll be able to kill them instead of let them go to jail

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement