Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

kotou2 wrote: »
    Was JB also involved
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/five-years-for-stabbing-stranger-27133635.html

Unreal stabbed guy to death 2007, got 5 yr sentence in 2009, possibly out by 2010 if was on remand awaiting trial.

Ran home, got a knife and stabbed him in the neck and said he "didn't mean to do it"

fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Have to laugh at the bit in that article claiming the Boylans where Robbies bosses.

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    It was interesting reading a few pages back about how the Drogheda feud started. Info I hadn’t seen previously.

About the death of a person who might have kept the peace between them all and then a fallout in the pub. Also the stabbing story.

If anyone has more background info like that it’d be good to hear.

Was the stabbing from the back of the car in anyway related?

Id say the fued still would have kicked off regardless of the death of that man . The stabbing from the back the car wasn’t related , the accused, the victim and 1-2 others robbed a shop and think they got caught and the victim ratted so they brought him out and did that. A poster few pages said the maguires used to make people carry out armed robberies when they couldn’t afford to pay up and it never seemed like crosby made Much money from drugs and that so maybe he was forced so could say linked a little bit or maybe he just did it anyway I duno

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    I said this pages and pages back saying id love to see how the feud would have played out had both of them two being shot dead. When the trouble first started in the pub and stabbing incident between bs and kavs kavs decided not to really retaliate and maguires held back for months and months. Wasn’t until price got out of the jail they all joined and began retaliating (I know there was a few smaller incidents in november 2018 from maguire side but really wasn’t until price got out) Yeah I dunno who would have won I do think price was the most experienced or whatever u wanna call it out of them all and probably still would have had the power to get carberry and lawlor whacked but I dunno maybe not would have been interesting . The maguires were scared they even went with the statement of threatening to kill to the guards. They wanted the bs locked up. I think then Once they saw they could win the feud they withdrew the statements Cos they know now they’ll be able to kill them instead of let them go to jail

How much do you think Lawlors involvement bolstered the younger faction? I'd have thought Maguires would have had more muscle behind them

They were the bosses of their little gang. Robbie was the muscle and had his personal reasons but there is no saying he wouldn't have whacked them at some point in the future, if history is anything to go by and they got above themselves.

Interestingly, I read Robbie had an alibi the night of the murder and was on CCTV in a pub and the actual killer is hiding out in eastern Europe.

Will Ged rat out the rest or take it on the chin for the death of Keith Branigan? Maybe he pins it all on Robbie Lawlor as the "notorious Dublin hitman" the papers labelled him as, now he is dead and gets himself off.

He’s not sentenced with murder he’ll do a few years for whatever the charge is called its long I can’t remember he has cancer anyway but no he won’t rat he doesn’t have to he isn’t charged with murder and no one will be they can’t prove who murdered him with no torso

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Lolalita

Dont forget RL was clever, so damn sure he sought an alibi. He and GT purposely went to a bar on a faithful evening, knowing no one would know the exact time of death. Chances were the pair of them be less likely convicted.

RL was Coolock, so why does article say Donaghmede. Or did he live there from nappies for a while? If someone knows where he was in Coolock, does any family still live there?

Am I thinking of the right GT? His only conviction seems to be causing criminal damage in 2016 and he used to run a courier business.

Whats he to the anti-maguire lads and why was he supposedly financing the kmw murder?

How much do you think Lawlors involvement bolstered the younger faction? I'd have thought Maguires would have had more muscle behind them

Most people didn’t even know lawlors name when he was suspected shooter of maguire in July 2018 (some people still say he didn’t do it and he wouldn’t **** something up that easy) but yeah I don’t think his involvement bolstered the younger faction much to be honest by the time everyone knew lawlor the maguires were winning anyway. Most Regular people in drogheda wouldnt have even known carberry. when everything was happening everyone just thought it was boylan bros vs maguires

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    Have to laugh at the bit in that article claiming the Boylans where Robbies bosses.

Well they probably did make him believe keane was a spotter for carberry so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dean thonton

Lolalita wrote: »
    Am I thinking of the right GT? His only conviction seems to be causing criminal damage in 2016 and he used to run a courier business.

Whats he to the anti-maguire lads and why was he supposedly financing the kmw murder?

Yes same GT

Most people didn’t even know lawlors name when he was suspected shooter of maguire in July 2018 (some people still say he didn’t do it and he wouldn’t **** something up that easy) but yeah I don’t think his involvement bolstered the younger faction much to be honest by the time everyone knew lawlor the maguires were winning anyway. Most Regular people in drogheda wouldnt have even known carberry. when everything was happening everyone just thought it was boylan bros vs maguires

But surely having him around would have given them a lot more confidence, he would have been by far the most experienced shooter involved in the whole thing

• Advertisement

Depends who you believe. Some say they are back, some say they are still in Spain.
    Either way, the future doesn't look too rosy.

They’re 110% back And I’d say something will happen judging of the 17 year old girl they’d walking around at 2am with a petrol bomb

But surely having him around would have given them a lot more confidence, he would have been by far the most experienced shooter involved in the whole thing

Sure he didn’t shoot any maguires dead so. Just Cos he shot a few people dead in Dublin who He was close with and would have been unexpecting victims. Only person they could kill was very loosely connected to maguires and they’d someone with Keanes trust to get him to come out. If anything the other side had better shooters if they could shoot 3 dead maybe I’m wrong but look at the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 43 judaspig

PARlance wrote: »
    20 mins later....

Seems to be working fine

Well played sir

Usually the money men shy away from the limelight that’s the way they like it ,let someone take credit for the dirty work win win.

Usually the money men shy away from the limelight that’s the way they like it ,let someone take credit for the dirty work win win.

Yeah whereas I think the b’s actually liked everyone talking about them taking on the maguires , having that reputation then

Sure he didn’t shoot any maguires dead so. Just Cos he shot a few people dead in Dublin who He was close with and would have been unexpecting victims. Only person they could kill was very loosely connected to maguires and they’d someone with Keanes trust to get him to come out. If anything the other side had better shooters if they could shoot 3 dead maybe I’m wrong but look at the numbers

That's what I was saying earlier when I assumed the Maguires would have more muscle behind them being the obviously more established and experienced criminal faction, why do you think they were running so scared? How much of a reputation did the Bs have? Wouldn't they have just been considered young pretenders to those lads, good with a knife or a petrol bomb but did anybody but Lawlor have any proper hit experience on that side?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Guessed

Heard JB rolled with BoyBros
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/five-years-for-stabbing-stranger-27133635.html

Unreal stabbed guy to death 2007, got 5 yr sentence in 2009, possibly out by 2010 if was on remand awaiting trial.

Didn’t kill your man in 2007

JB was one of the two arrested with GMcK for KMW released without charge while GMcK was charged with impeding the murder inquiry

His reputation far outweighed his attempted hits probably fecked up more than he actually done.

That's what I was saying earlier when I assumed the Maguires would have more muscle behind them being the obviously more established and experienced criminal faction, why do you think they were running so scared? How much of a reputation did the Bs have? Wouldn't they have just been considered young pretenders to those lads, good with a knife or a petrol bomb but did anybody but Lawlor have any proper hit experience on that side?

PC would have had quite a reputation doing dirty deeds with/for CP quite a nutter if all accounts are to be true before the alliance went pear shaped.

His reputation far outweighed his attempted hits probably fecked up more than he actually done.

The real hitmen over the years are usually lads you don't hear about, I think Lawlor would have been too impulsive to be considered one of the most effective hitmen, but it gets him a reputation. He did seem to be a pretty vain fella, whereas the last thing most professional hitmen want is attention

• Advertisement

PC would have had quite a reputation doing dirty deeds with/for CP quite a nutter if all accounts are to be true before the alliance went pear shaped.

I hear he was pretty fearless but surely not enough to put the frighteners up the older more experienced lads

I hear he was pretty fearless but surely not enough to put the frighteners up the older more experienced lads

Not on his own but with RL by his side I would of classed them as the gruesome twosome, 2 mental head cases and that would of had an influence on the like of Jj,dt and others who have been mentioned here not forgetting there are other names not known here but would be well known in the locality for heinous behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Id say the fued still would have kicked off regardless of the death of that man . The stabbing from the back the car wasn’t related , the accused, the victim and 1-2 others robbed a shop and think they got caught and the victim ratted so they brought him out and did that. A poster few pages said the maguires used to make people carry out armed robberies when they couldn’t afford to pay up and it never seemed like crosby made Much money from drugs and that so maybe he was forced so could say linked a little bit or maybe he just did it anyway I duno

Stupid question but did the dead man carry enough clout to keep both sides from killing each before he died?

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Stupid question but did the dead man carry enough clout to keep both sides from killing each before he died?

NO

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kotou2

Is the fact the B's survived in Marbella for few months an indication that the irish underworld are ok with them as they weren't targeted?

Btw, Sean Dunne from Donaghmede and Ratoath that went missing in Alicante in 2004. Was it just Moroccan gang or was it ever proven?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

He’s not sentenced with murder he’ll do a few years for whatever the charge is called its long I can’t remember he has cancer anyway but no he won’t rat he doesn’t have to he isn’t charged with murder and no one will be they can’t prove who murdered him with no torso

He's got the corona virus so he might be double ****ed now. Makes sense now

The fact the B's survived in Marbella for few months an indication that the irish underworld are ok with them as they weren't targeted.

Btw, Sean Dunne from Donaghmede and Ratoath that went missing in Alicante in 2004. Was it just Moroccan gang or was it ever proven?

Last I heard of him his wife was been turfed out of the family home in ratoath. The fact it was Alicante wouldn’t surprise me if he had some grievances with a few Russians.

Was Dunnes pre K's?

More of Gilligan era the Westies went missing 20O3 late I had a place in torrevieja and the place was nuts would be reading the Sunday world in the local and be looking at the main players 10 ft away from me Sean dunne went missing a couple of months later , were rumors of ex ira, uda gangs that he crossed as well as Moroccans but the Russian presence over there persuaded me to sell and move to safer climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

italodisco wrote: »
    Funny you say that, years ago I was walking through fairview Park with a young one from North strand I met in barcode a few weeks before.
    Minding our business playing the game of love etc, got approached by a group of 4 lads, 1 of whom decided to grab my hood and send me flying to the ground.
    Thank god I was drinking from a glass bottle of oasis at the time as I smashed it off 1 of their foreheads, I still have the scars on my right hand today from the glass going into my own hand haha!
    She found out a few weeks later, being local enough herself, who they were and one of them definitely had the same surname as the victim from ballybough and I was told to stay well away from there and north strand in case they spotted me.
    Not a hope I would though. Nothing was keeping me away from her haha.

A man of honour, thank you for sharing that gripping tale of woe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 AsYouWere

Who is allegedly "hiding out" in Eastern Europe? Have never heard that being mentioned before

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement