Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

blinding wrote: »
    Only the 71 previous convictions ! You’d think the Judge would see a Trend There.

from what age do they count the convictions from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PLATOBONG

Aye its crap but some people like uppers some people prefer downers, cocaine gives you a buzz which lets you party for longer I suppose, to me it just made me feel sober

Coke is grand but you have to come down of it at some point and its the anger it creates and I think all these guys are doing coke and crack and never feel happiness, its always anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mr.smallcool

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    I hadn’t heard about the retaliation. Is there any articles on them?

One is doing time for attempted murder in cork prison the day it happened one of them got released the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭leko99

What makes you think I support the Maguires? I just know enough about feuds to know that anybody with aspirations and a brain doesn't back the clearly losing side. Who do those lads have left? How much influence do they have? How much money do they have?

The best time to muscle in would have been when both sides were at eachothers throat, not when one side has solidified their position and the other side has pretty much been decimated, did they even take out a single member of the Maguire faction other than a 17 year old? They are also all over the news and their names are everywhere, who's gonna want any part of them?

It wouldnt take much to turn the tables ffs. Sure 1 person RL had them all running scared so much so that they had to conspire and hire other people to do the hit. The Maguires have been got at, 2 are very lucky to be alive. Im sure if any gang wanted to muscle in they could finish the job. Why does people talk like they are bullet proof all of a sudden.

Couldn't agree more with this.

I can't see any of the remaining players, with the possible exception of RR, getting involved with them.
    They've proven to be inept, under qualified, and out of their depth being gang "bosses".
    Even with Robbie Lawlor onside they couldn't deliver a killer blow - if you'll pardon the pun - and they are out of options.

is rr not under big? no one is going to join the b's, good few runners who were with them when this started have even got away from it all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Googleyes

What makes you think I support the Maguires? I just know enough about feuds to know that anybody with aspirations and a brain doesn't back the clearly losing side. Who do those lads have left? How much influence do they have? How much money do they have?

The best time to muscle in would have been when both sides were at eachothers throat, not when one side has solidified their position and the other side has pretty much been decimated, did they even take out a single member of the Maguire faction other than a 17 year old? They are also all over the news and their names are everywhere, who's gonna want any part of them?

Maguire's always had support in a away but it was more of name in town rather than a following since lads got old enough to fight when teenagers in late 90s 00s in drogheda after boxing competitions earlier in childhood. Learned trade and took over after recession because the boom dealers were either shot or arrested from drogheda

Couldn't agree more with this.

I can't see any of the remaining players, with the possible exception of RR, getting involved with them.
    They've proven to be inept, under qualified, and out of their depth being gang "bosses".
    Even with Robbie Lawlor onside they couldn't deliver a killer blow - if you'll pardon the pun - and they are out of options.

Do you know all the players left? This isnt a game of Championship Gangland Manager. Theres an army of scumbags in Ireland. Do you honestly think their morals are that high that they wouldnt align? Its all about money, that's the driving factor and if someone sees an opportunity in Drogheda then they could take it.

Googleyes wrote: »
    Maguire's always had support in a away but it was more of name in town rather than a following since lads got old enough to fight when teenagers in late 90s 00s in drogheda after boxing competitions earlier in childhood. Learned trade and took over after recession because the boom dealers were either shot or arrested from drogheda

who were the main boom dealers would i be right in saying the h's pearse park and c's in rathmullan ? and then a few the k's too?

leko99 wrote: »
    Do you know all the players left? This isnt a game of Championship Gangland Manager. Theres an army of scumbags in Ireland. Do you honestly think their morals are that high that they wouldnt align? Its all about money, that's the driving factor and if someone sees an opportunity in Drogheda then they could take it.

do you not see how much media attention this drogheda feud got !! who would want to join either side from dublin or wherever to bring heat on themselves never mind the side that is more or less finished ?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

leko99 wrote: »
    It wouldnt take much to turn the tables ffs. Sure 1 person RL had them all running scared so much so that they had to conspire and hire other people to do the hit. The Maguires have been got at, 2 are very lucky to be alive. Im sure if any gang wanted to muscle in they could finish the job. Why does people talk like they are bullet proof all of a sudden.

In principle you are right but Drogheda has a spotlight on it right now and I don't think the potential money from taking over the trade would be worth the risk of the attention it would draw. The Korner Boys aren't any use to anybody right now, they aren't exactly operators worth having on side. More of a liability I would say.

The Maguires are big fish in a relatively small pond that's true but right now that's not a pond worth dipping in for anybody smart, if anybody does want to make a move they'd probably want to sit back and see how this plays out rather than jump straight into the mix.

I don't support the Maguires or think they are criminal masterminds or anything, just giving my opinion on the lay of the land

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    do you not see how much media attention this drogheda feud got !! who would want to join either side from dublin or wherever to bring heat on themselves never mind the side that is more or less finished ?

Beat me to it

its not that the maguires are untouchable. its that anyone with a brain would avoid drogheda purely because of the heat it brings, bad for business, its public enemy number 1 with the media especially since keane mulreadys murder

who were the main boom dealers would i be right in saying the h's pearse park and c's in rathmullan ? and then a few the k's too?

Yip that before boom times dho. Hog big time and cots but earlier day before cocaine came on scene

Yip that before boom times dho. Hog big time and cots but earlier day before cocaine came on scene

so who are you saying was big time during the boom that got shot or in jail if its neither of them 3 families? pm me if u want

They made dollar before arrival of boom and ran good show before the greed got involved

They made dollar before arrival of boom and ran good show before the greed got involved

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-replied-ok-after-murder-charge-court-hears-39134870.html i never bother checking the newspapers anymore cos everything gets posted here just went on there for quick look though this wasnt gangland related? dont think it was sent into thread?

No connection

Ano lads but i dont mean right now it could be months down the line maybe longer. Thats IF they can keep a low profile until everything quietens down. Thats a massive IF

In principle you are right but Drogheda has a spotlight on it right now and I don't think the potential money from taking over the trade would be worth the risk of the attention it would draw. The Korner Boys aren't any use to anybody right now, they aren't exactly operators worth having on side. More of a liability I would say.

The Maguires are big fish in a relatively small pond that's true but right now that's not a pond worth dipping in for anybody smart, if anybody does want to make a move they'd probably want to sit back and see how this plays out rather than jump straight into the mix.

I don't support the Maguires or think they are criminal masterminds or anything, just giving my opinion on the lay

Maguire's have being getting away with stuff since involved bigtime and always havld rouble with law but never changed until inla got involved im harassment and payment didn't come Maguire way because never taught probably in gangland tbat drogheda court made new cases drugs blaming everyone from the ra. Maguire's used methods then because allowed by powerful people when information was needed on feud in Dublin to not include other lads to stay out

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Prisoner 0922156

is rr not under big? no one is going to join the b's, good few runners who were with them when this started have even got away from it all

I couldn't make that connection to big but maybe someone better placed will know for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Who's Big?

Who's Big?

just go off the thread

Who's Big?

You'll have to google that one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

Who's Big?

Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson.

Lol :D
    He was a bit of rough...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Holly Hoxed

I've always found it pretty **** myself but I was an ivory wave kid and coke is like a cup of coffee once you've been on that ****e, heart attack waiting to happen

Remember the ivory wave, all that stuff sent ye west some bang off it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Who's Big?

Wrong site. Try Grindr.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭John_Gill

Who's Big?

Josh Baskin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

just go off the thread

You feckin kiddin me?
    FB me hóle
    Netflix me hóle
    All social media me høle......
    But this thread...ohhhhhh yeaaaahhhhh yipppppeeeee go on ya boya..
    Now don't be a party pooper and tell me.
    Sound, dead on..Thank you please 🙏👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    lawlor got sent to cork and when he was going out to the yard he knew there was going to be an issue but price called him over with his hand out and said lets forget about it and get on with our jail. when lawlor shook his hand price grad it with the two hands and the two brothers waterford jumped on him with shives and started stabbing and cutting him... lawlor broke free but had to be brought to hospital and got 30 or something stitches... the 2 brothers were then cut up 2 weeks later in the midlands i think and there cousin in the joy got sliced that week aswell...

Doesn't that kill the idea that Robbie had no friends/backers left?? Every impression I got is that he was a lone wolf with nothing to loose. If you are right he must still have had a few in his corner

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement