Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cunnyfuntt

just read in one of the rags how mr big went to a female close to ruthless demanding money hes owed.

any truth in this lads?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

How does that rag claim rl owes big money?
    From what?
    Robbie wasn't dealer even if he was he wouldn't be getting stuff of big

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭rodmn2377

Doesn't that kill the idea that Robbie had no friends/backers left?? Every impression I got is that he was a lone wolf with nothing to loose. If you are right he must still have had a few in his corner

Robbie would have been fairly well got in the prisons... he would have hung out with loads of lads from different gangs across the city... he wouldnt have been like some lads who had a gang of lads from his area who he was with 24/7... i know when he was in the joy he would have been close to SC from gucci gang, the lie detector lad before he turned... a lot of the boys in kinnihan gang that were in there too... all them lads would have had no bother blading someone for him as a favour cause they would know he would repay it for them if they wanted. but i couldnt see any of this come out to fight his corner outside the walls of the prison.. they have there own issues outside..

when he got sent to the laois after that attack he ended up getting very frendly with the dundons and in turn this probably ended up getting him killed..

Haladmirer wrote: »
    How does that rag claim rl owes big money?
    From what?
    Robbie wasn't dealer even if he was he wouldn't be getting stuff of big

past debt from before rl took out kf apparently so the rag says

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭John_D3

cunnyfuntt wrote: »
    just read in one of the rags how mr big went to a female close to ruthless demanding money hes owed.

any truth in this lads?

Just seen this. Also says the “lover” a business woman drove him to Belfast? Never heard this one, any body hear before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 LMC7

any truth in this lads?

Big and Robbie share an ex(RK)...she dated Big years ago and went on to have kids by Lawlor..someone posted here Big called to her house to pay his respects in the aftermath of his death.or threaten her according to the sun but I reckon thats just their spin.

[snipped]

Most interestingly of all The SW are claiming the Dundons actually had nothing to do with the plan to kill but falsely claimed they did to get the 50k bounty off Maguire.Their wives are roughing it in Limerick at the moment so the locked up bros were mad to get money back home for them lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MrBCF

So the SW are now saying he didn’t travel to Belfast with the Dundons and met them in Ardoyne that morning. Cops also saying the getaway car arrived days before from Newry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

LMC7 wrote: »
    Big and Robbie share an ex(RK)...she dated Big years ago and went on to have kids by Lawlor..someone posted here Big called to her house

He definitely called to her house but then half the city seems to have as well. She might as well put a revolving door in with the amount of people that have been in and out. Mostly women though with their Audi's and Rovers! Her current partner hasn't been seen since RL was killed. A couple of plain clothes have been down there though

How does Big seem to sail through this lifestyle? You will struggle to find someone that has been on the scene so long and has been linked to so many murders as he has and still lives in the country and hasn’t been taken out or had to leave for a while.

Or has he and i just don’t know? Any one know, does he have serious security, is he that big? Or is the media making him to look something he is not. Always wondered how there was no revenge after Alan Ryan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭greenthum

John_D3 wrote: »
    How does Big seem to sail through this lifestyle? You will struggle to find someone that has been on the scene so long and has been linked to so many murders as he has and still lives in the country and hasn’t been taken out or had to leave for a while.

Or has he and i just don’t know? Any one know, does he have serious security, is he that big? Or is the media making him to look something he is not. Always wondered how there was no revenge after Alan Ryan.

big is not a scumbag or retard like 99 percent of the rest. hes intelligent, and middle class, law do not hate him like council estate scum.
    he uses dirts to do the work. look at his gaff compared to say cp or any them pikes.
    hes diff level, not many people in the business with actual brains

• Advertisement

greenthum wrote: »
    big is not a scumbag or retard like 99 percent of the rest. hes intelligent, and middle class, law do not hate him like council estate scum.
    he uses dirts to do the work. look at his gaff compared to say cp or any them pikes.

Would he live in an upperclass area?

Would he live in an upperclass area?

no-but compared to any of the estates in drogheda or darndale-yes

just a nice normal house. 500k ish not inc bullet proofin

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TruthHurts1

Robbie sliced Rew's brother in law so technically they're "opposite sides" but it's never as simple as that. To suggest Rew would just rock up and start working with the boylans is too simple a notion. Ireland's gangs all know each other whether friends or enemies. A perfect example is how PC can ring OM and mock him. They've all got means of contacting each other and are quite often Facebook friends etc. So before wondering if anyone would join the Boylans you'd need to get to the bottom of all their historical allegiances etc first. Best of luck with that!

Deco Barry wrote: »
    And on top of all that he's a rat,which just might help him along his way

word is he has gards/officials etc in his pocket/on his payroll. wouldnt be callin him a rat. he doesnt really answer door to garda. im sure hes spun a few tales. its the dirts that work for him that like the addictive substances who tell tales. for the most part

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

word is he has gards/officials etc in his pocket/on his payroll. wouldnt be callin him a rat. he doesnt really answer door to garda. im sure hes spun a few tales. its the dirts that work for him that like the addictive substances who tell tales. for the most part

Dont get me wrong one day if ever wanted to get into that game he'd be my idol 😂 the man is ahead of the game which is why i find that tiger kidnapping very strange

Deco Barry wrote: »
    Dont get me wrong one day if ever wanted to get into that game he'd be my idol 😂 the man is ahead of the game which is why i find that tiger kidnapping very strange

its addictive....
    so im told. tiger kidnappings etc.
    hefty cash too

LMC7 wrote: »
    I read an article on him yonks ago when he was in the frame for Ryan.Highly intelligent,the academic kind which is rare in this business..
    Keeps a tight unit,supposed to be near impossible to gather intel and hates gardai but with everything that's come to pass I'd say he works with them and rats.

He really dropped the ball with the tiger kidnapping as in if it wasn't for the case we wouldn't have a pic online or know what he's like.Papers blur his pic when referring to Mr Big.

Close to the Field bros in Coolock.

Been reading about him for years, though as you mention only for the court case we wouldn’t even got a pic. First came to light for me in the Ryan case, the show of strength they had for him at the funeral and no retaliation at all against Big baffled me. Now mentioned in this Lawlor death.

What ever he is doing, he is doing right. You see all these other gangsters names mention in the media weekly, all having moved to England, Spain etc. Yet his name is kept to the Media’s nickname and happily living in Dublin, going on a decade.

Praising a criminal gangster, never thought id see the day.

anyone know of a family, the B’s (not boylans)
    related to robbie and richie. live near coolock/darndale

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭horsebox1977

Middle class?
    Doing tiger kidnappings - funny how the state dropped those charges. He must be doing some touting

Anyone any info on the raid posted by ChronicOG_2nd? Serious raid, twitter replies say crumlin but no more info, cant post a link because I'm a new user

• Advertisement

pretty sure hes as big a scumbag as the others just cause he lives in a bigger house doesnt change that

Been reading about him for years, though as you mention only for the court case we wouldn’t even got a pic. First came to light for me in the Ryan case, the show of strength they had for him at the funeral and no retaliation at all against Big baffled me. Now mentioned in this Lawlor death.

Ryan was on brink of being ousted within the real ira...an odriscal was shot in blackpool in cork as real ira tried purge criminal elements

Republicans took view,that bogged down in drug fueding,only harmed the movement,rnu and several small organisations were in process of unitfying at the time into what is now saoradh at the time and issue of criminal links slowed it down for years (many felt taxing dealers was effectively same as dealing)....

which is why saoradh/new IRA go to extraordinary legths to steer movement away from.crime and try build more rural profile to it

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

It would seem highly likely that the Reals wanted rid of Ryan

here is an interesting article

https://www.thepensivequill.com/2016/03/dirty-money-and-river-of-blood.html

"The meeting ended with the bag man receiving a severe beating at the door of the hotel. At this point Alan told the guy that he was a dead man and that all those with him were also dead men walking. At this point the former Provisional IRA O/C asked Alan if he was threatening him also. Alan explained that he was not. Alan Ryan lay dead within a few short weeks.

A step too far had been taken. Former Provisional leaders within the Dublin brigade, who had long term relationships going back years with criminals based in both Ireland and Spain, had been challenged as they saw it by the new guys on the block and manners would have to be put on them. They had served their purpose over the previous ten years cleaning up, doing the dirty work and collecting money from cigarette deals. It was now time to dispense with them before they grew too strong."

Middle class?
    Doing tiger kidnappings - funny how the state dropped those charges. He must be doing some touting

well jury members shouldnt talk then lol
    what i meant, re the scum bag comment is
    his parents/backround isnt the usual story at all. quite the opposite

pretty sure hes as big a scumbag as the others just cause he lives in a bigger house doesnt change that

true
    what i meant was he had options
    he wanted to be a gangster. end of

What ever he is doing, he is doing right. You see all these other gangsters names mention in the media weekly, all having moved to England, Spain etc. Yet his name is kept to the Media’s nickname and happily living in Dublin, going on a decade.

Praising a criminal gangster, never thought id see the day.

credit where its due in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

credit where its due in fairness

Credit ? For living off the misery of others ?
    All of a sudden because he's perceived as middle class the he's alright Jack ?
    Others were born into that life with very few options in comparison to him.
    He chose to become involved when he could have chosen a hundred other professions.
    Not for me thanks...

Credit ? For living off the misery of others ?
    All of a sudden because he's perceived as middle class the he's alright Jack ?
    Others were born into that life with very few options in comparison to him.
    He chose to become involved when he could have chosen a hundred other professions.
    Not for me thanks...

hes better at it than the rest.
    he seen the types running the show and knew he could buy and sell them.
    so he did.
    hes a scumbag like the rest i agree.
    but fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Has there ever been an attempt on Mr Bigs life? Does he enjoy the freedom of running locally in parks and like a previous poster said back a few pages? Brains are in short supply in this game it seems and someone with brains seems to get through their 20’s which is rare in recent years. RL done great to get to 36 & CP is in his his 30’s too I think.

• Advertisement

back to the B’s. carberrys cousins. father and 2 bro with previous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement