Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭greenthum

Did Big go to college? Must have for a few years and said “ah **** this is for mugs”.

Did Alan Ryan try to tax him? I read years ago in a rag they exchanged words in a car park and one told the other they were getting a bullet. That simple, eh. Probably a lot more to it. Interesting though

there was a phone call. which someone on here got totally wrong a while back. involving a female

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JM009

Sorry if already asked but is Patrick Lawlor related to Robbie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Oceans One

Did Big go to college? Must have for a few years and said “ah **** this is for mugs”.

Did Alan Ryan try to tax him? I read years ago in a rag they exchanged words in a car park and one told the other they were getting a bullet. That simple, eh. Probably a lot more to it. Interesting though

Apparently Ryan’s crew tried to tax relations of the tiger kidnap gang close to big....that’s the fight in the car park, Ryan whooped ass, told him he’d be back to collect, knocked on a female relations door a few days later looking for a his few quid, didn’t get it but left with a threat and another tax demand to a sibling who was in the house at the time. He was dead not so long after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JM009

Oceans One wrote: »
    Apparently Ryan’s crew tried to tax relations of the tiger kidnap gang close to big....that’s the fight in the car park, Ryan whooped ass, told him he’d be back to collect, knocked on a female relations door a few days later looking for a his few quid, didn’t get it but left with a threat and another tax demand to a sibling who was in the house at the time. He was dead not so long after.
    Rumour goes Ryan threw a pint over MrBig too at the car park/pub incident.

afaik this was the deciding factor

• Advertisement

JM009 wrote: »
    Rumour goes Ryan threw a pint over MrBig too at the car park/pub incident.

supposed to be lies

greenthum wrote: »
    supposed to be lies

Pint was thrown in the face of guy he had fight with

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

JM009 wrote: »
    Sorry if already asked but is Patrick Lawlor related to Robbie?

No, no relation.

afaik this was the deciding factor

Do you know of the sibling in the house at the time?

Do you know of the sibling in the house at the time?

sister

there was a threat made over the phone
    and that was ryan gone

• Advertisement

ok thought u were saying ryan threw pint at big

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

So the guy he battered in the fight an associate of Bigs?

sister

I heard the youngest male in family was also there? That’s what I was told. Which I was surprised with because he would have slaughtered Ryan very sharpishly, with his fists!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone watch the Scarcity documentary on Robbie Lawlors murder. Thought it would be a load of sh1te when I heard the Birmingham accent but its pretty decent at tying all the various strands of the feud together that ended up in Lawlors death. The lads that did it have done some really good research, much better than the Irish media

So the guy he battered in the fight an associate of Bigs?

Yes

I heard the youngest male in family was also there? That’s what I was told. Which I was surprised with because he would have slaughtered Ryan very sharpishly, with his fists!

dont think so. but i could be wrong
    just sister there. ryan rang big while there heard his sister gettin roughed up

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone watch the Scarcity documentary on Robbie Lawlors murder. Thought it would be a load of sh1te when I heard the Birmingham accent but its pretty decent at tying all the various strands of the feud together that ended up in Lawlors death. The lads that did it have done some really good research, much better than the Irish media

He's not bad he clearly tries to do a lot of research before he states something, I'm sure he got some stuff wrong inevitably but it's funny seeing people in the comments giving him **** for getting stuff wrong which he actually got right

one commenter said Noel Deans looks like Danny Dyer on crack and I have to say it is uncanny

dont think so. but i could be wrong
    just sister there. ryan rang big while there heard his sister gettin roughed up

Story I heard was that Ryan turned up and the mother of house answered, Ryan went in demanding and only came across youngest sibling (not thebro he was taxing). Ryan asked for his money and younger bro sitting in chair sniggered at him and told him to **** off and out of the house. Ryan told him to have x amount of € for the end of the week or else he’d be getting it aswell as other bro who Ryan had already beaten up in the car park.

The wee bro is handy then??

The wee bro is handy then??

He was anyway. Not sure now.
    He would have slaughtered Ryan easily.
    Think they were in the same school.

• Advertisement

He was anyway. Not sure now.
    He would have slaughtered Ryan easily.
    Think they were in the same school.

Surprised he didn’t slaughter him for entering the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Muahahaha wrote: »

Yea posted it up a few pages back, they are very good, There’s was another YT account but he couldn’t pronounce much but Scarcity put together a very good story timeline. If much of the information on here is true. Well worth the watch.

Story I heard was that Ryan turned up and the mother of house answered, Ryan went in demanding and only came across youngest sibling (not thebro he was taxing). Ryan asked for his money and younger bro sitting in chair sniggered at him and told him to **** off and out of the house. Ryan told him to have x amount of € for the end of the week or else he’d be getting it aswell as other bro who Ryan had already beaten up in the car park.

ryan and his pal had pieces on them
    i personally woundnt of sniggered even though they were dicks
    you could be right. i was told this by someone very close to jg, though they’ve no reason to lie unless they dont know truth either
    its a mental life, even if ur under the radar

ryan and his pal had pieces on them
    i personally woundnt of sniggered even though they were dicks
    you could be right. i was told this by someone very close to jg, though they’ve no reason to lie unless they dont know truth either
    its a mental life, even if ur under the radar

After the car park fight and visit to the house. There was only one thing going to happen! And it did.

jb kb gb
    relations to rc
    previous convictions

mean anything to anyone?

just wondering if this is where retaliation could come from? towards cl for example

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

He's not bad he clearly tries to do a lot of research before he states something, I'm sure he got some stuff wrong inevitably but it's funny seeing people in the comments giving him **** for getting stuff wrong which he actually got right

one commenter said Noel Deans looks like Danny Dyer on crack and I have to say it is uncanny

yeah I thought the level of detail and research he put into it was impressive. Like I said when I heard the English accent I though what would this guy know about Irish gangland but hes done an excellent job on it. Its also good that he ties together all the players and who is allied to who, something you dont get when reading individual articles in the print media. It should be mandatory viewing for anyone coming on the thread asking basic questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bellend2020

To be fair I hear Ryan was as hard as they came on the street. I am not familiar with the sibling so I cannot comment on that. Maybe big and his crew were questioning weather or not they should go for the kill at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Steve94

Was big behind the murders of both the Ryan brothers?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭horsebox1977

It would seem highly likely that the Reals wanted rid of Ryan

here is an interesting article

https://www.thepensivequill.com/2016/03/dirty-money-and-river-of-blood.html

"The meeting ended with the bag man receiving a severe beating at the door of the hotel. At this point Alan told the guy that he was a dead man and that all those with him were also dead men walking. At this point the former Provisional IRA O/C asked Alan if he was threatening him also. Alan explained that he was not. Alan Ryan lay dead within a few short weeks.

A step too far had been taken. Former Provisional leaders within the Dublin brigade, who had long term relationships going back years with criminals based in both Ireland and Spain, had been challenged as they saw it by the new guys on the block and manners would have to be put on them. They had served their purpose over the previous ten years cleaning up, doing the dirty work and collecting money from cigarette deals. It was now time to dispense with them before they grew too strong."

Whose bag man here?

• Advertisement

To be fair I hear Ryan was as hard as they came on the street. I am not familiar with the sibling so I cannot comment on that. Maybe big and his crew were questioning weather or not they should go for the kill at this point

Apparently Alan was handy but Anto, Vinny & Dermot were balls of fluff. The bro that Alan beat in car park was also a ball of fluff so he picked on an easy target there.
    It wasn’t big, it was tiger crew that decided

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement