Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm terrified of menopause, consider me temporarily calmed a fraction Mam :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I absolutely loved Power couldn't stop watching it and I still have a major thing for Tommy, enjoy.

Its brilliant, I'm on S3 now.
    Last night Ghost was released from the drummed up charge re agent Gregs murder

Tommy is good craic, I often wonder did they base his name on Tommy Egan the Irish MMA fighter who trained in NYC for a time and had a brief stint in the UFC.

Brilliant show, I can't stop watching it.

Trying to get rid of the last Guinness in the house here, going off the gargle for a bit once this is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Auto that's some manimal you have there :D

Isnt it a beautiful hoody :D I wonder where I could perhaps purchase one :D

Couch side with a glass of flat 7up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm terrified of menopause, consider me temporarily calmed a fraction Mam :P
    It cant be worse than perimenopause. Can it? MAM?:eek:

^^^ Is it just me or is Seph kinda hot when he gets all serious??

I think I missed some stuff but anywho...

I'm exhausted! House got a right scrubbing today. I've never used as much bleach and Dettol in my entire life combined, as I have recently.

About to have tea and some cake. Himself made a Victoria sponge. He even made the jam! Nom, nom, can't wait, boil faster kettle!

• Advertisement

Well that escalated quickly :pac:

I'm making a chicken fillet wrap. Just to round off the gorge fest that was the weekend and ensure I win the get fatter challenge.
    *pumps guns*
    Good luck to you but i need to inform you that youve got stiffsoft and flabby competition here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Good luck to you but i need to inform you that youve got stiffsoft and flabby competition here

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Sardonicat wrote:

As the great Spinal Tap once declared, the bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin.... :pac:

!
    No, it's not just you.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It cant be worse than perimenopause. Can it? MAM?:eek:

Well , emm :D

Only joking , nope it's not worse imo anyway before anyone slates me !
    It's like a calm transition from one to the other in my experience so you and Grem can breathe a sigh of relief again :pac:

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Menopause is a breeze !
    Hot flushes - they keep you warm in winter :D
    There's worse things in life believe me !

I went through andropause when I hit 50, a lot of people don't recognize it. I'd a doctor treating me for PTSD 'for combat experiences in Lebanon', he'd seen that in my medical files and latched onto it. No matter what I said he put it down to that. Then he died and I seen a new doctor for night sweats, insomnia, loss of drive, anxiety and weight gain despite training very hard.

New doc took a testosterone test and that revealed it all. Now when mates are my age tell me they're having sweats, anxiety etc I point them towards Andropause. More men in their 40's plus should be aware of it.

When you go on TRT its like a new lease on life. Lads, just a bit of info for ya ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Don't make me put my hat on too.

I think I missed some stuff but anywho...

I'm exhausted! House got a right scrubbing today. I've never used as much bleach and Dettol in my entire life combined, as I have recently.

About to have tea and some cake. Himself made a Victoria sponge. He even made the jam! Nom, nom, can't wait, boil faster kettle!

I'd give anything now for a slice of Victoria sponge,I absolutely love it. I'm having homemade coffee and walnut cake on Thursday made by my friend who is a fantastic cook and baker, I'm so looking forward to it.

Oh I love when Sephers gets his mod hat on or when Tedo appears with his ban hammer...it's the little things isn't it.😂

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

And 'you can leave your hat on' blared in my head :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Feck ya... I've "you can leave your hat on" earworm in my head now.... Grrrrr

And 'you can leave your hat on' blared in my head :pac:

Snap!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

DD do you know what we had during the week, custard and a tin of fruit, I didn't have it scince I was a child 40 years ago, feicking lovely it was

tenor.gif?itemid=9624224

I'd give anything now for a slice of Victoria sponge,I absolutely love it. I'm having homemade coffee and walnut cake on Thursday made by my friend who is a fantastic cook and baker, I'm so looking forward to it.

Oh I love when Sephers gets his mod hat on or when Tedo appears with his ban hammer...it's the little things isn't it.😂

Mmm mmm mod hats AND ban hammers!... *Drifts off into a reverie..

GoneHome wrote: »
    DD do you know what we had during the week, custard and a tin of fruit, I didn't have it scince I was a child 40 years ago, feicking lovely it was

I have custard with apple tart and ice cream usually when my folks call for dinner (pre lockdown), they love it.
    I stewed rhubarb last week and it was gorgeous ,needed lots of sugar but not a bit stringy, also got a mad mind for turnips recently done in the ham juices, I'd love bread and butter pudding but can't be bothered making it,you can't beat basic homemade food at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Can I come back in?????:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    If you leave your hat on;)

Grandeeod wrote: »

Now I have the Green Giant ad in my head.... We hear you knocking, but you can't come in..... Jesus!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I went through andropause when I hit 50, a lot of people don't recognize it. I'd a doctor treating me for PTSD 'for combat experiences in Lebanon', he'd seen that in my medical files and latched onto it. No matter what I said he put it down to that. Then he died and I seen a new doctor for night sweats, insomnia, loss of drive, anxiety and weight gain despite training very hard.

New doc took a testosterone test and that revealed it all. Now when mates are my age tell me they're having sweats, anxiety etc I point them towards Andropause. More men in their 40's plus should be aware of it.

When you go on TRT its like a new lease on life. Lads, just a bit of info for ya ;)

Yes i know someone who's low in testosterone, but obviously cant intervene if hes happy as he is. I actually wouldnt change him for the world anyway, but wonder if the imbalance might ultimately weaken him or if hes just better off as he is now in his late 40s. Im not shy of these topics, having been in chemical menopause at 33 and knowing the importance of hormones. I think it should be as easy to talk about as the weather.

And Grandeod I only meant Im clueless about undercurrents...didntmean anything against your post :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It's a very simple I love New York hat......:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Lol love it :D

I have custard with apple tart and ice cream usually when my folks call for dinner (pre lockdown), they love it.
    I stewed rhubarb last week and it was gorgeous ,needed lots of sugar but not a bit stringy, also got a mad mind for turnips recently done in the ham juices, I'd love bread and butter pudding but can't be bothered making it,you can't beat basic homemade food at times.

Ooooh make the bread and butter pudding and share it with me! That's proper comfort food! In fact I'll have himself make you a Victoria sponge and we can do a straight swap!

Yes i know someone who's low in testosterone, but obviously cant intervene if hes happy as he is. I actually wouldnt change him for the world anyway, but wonder if the imbalance might ultimately weaken him or if hes just better off as he is now in his late 40s

Obviously I can't give out medical advice on boards, but a low test count can be very detrimental to his emotional and physical health, its something he should look up.

I'm not shy about talking about these things but a lot of men are, particularly when it comes to bedroom activities :D and if he's low on test he's really not doing himself any favours in that department. The treatment is simply a gel applied every morning, its completely non invasive, and here's where lads get shy about it.. Getting tested is just a blood test, its not like he'll be handed a bottle to jack off into, which is what I thought would happen when the doc told me he wanted to do a testosterone test lol.. I know all the nurses and didn't fancy a few minutes private time and a walk of shame with a bottle of jizz.

If you want feel free to PM me because I'm verging on medical advice here. But you can tell your guy that its all good, nothing to be shy about and after a few days treatment he'll be like a teenager in Y-front's again :D

Gliiiiiitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Having hit the big 5 oh with absolutely no menopause or peri menopause symptoms, I'm terrified this will hit me like a tonne of bricks out of the blue.

anewme wrote: »
    Having hit the big 5 oh with absolutely no menopause or peri menopause symptoms, I'm terrified this will hit me like a tonne of bricks out of the blue.

I kept being told I was peri menopausal even though every month came around like clock work - longer and heavier but regular. Til last month. It lasted over three weeks. I thought I was ill but apparently that's 'normal'. Have medication now to make t go away as dr reckons this is how it will be from now til menopause and obviously I have no idea what my cycle is now. Just sharing in case the same thing happens you. It doesn't neccesarily mean something's wrong and you don't have to put up with it. Other than that and more migraines, everything is the same as.

Now eating chocolate cake and using these last few posts as an excuse :pac: :o

Now eating chocolate cake and using these last few posts as an excuse :pac: :o

Thanks for the distraction Grem.

@Mak, you could be right about Tommy's name, I loved the fact he was Tommy Healy but didn't know any mma names. The one thing that annoyed me about Power was Tariq, I think anyone else would have played that part better, bad casting imo but it's my favourite series ever.

I needed to go to the shop all day and just made it in the door before 10pm,it's very wintry here tonight, cold,dark and windy,I've the heating on,my stomach is in bits all day,its making the loudest sounds non stop,no more takeaway food for me..until the next time.

The Glenroes are in full swing, I'm already looking forward to the bank holiday Monday in 2 weeks time,I'd love to retire now,find a nice man and cover him in that special gel.😂

Ooh that reminds me, i have annual leave coming up soon :)

• Advertisement

I have a load of annual leave to take as well.

Usually like to take a couple of short hop trips away.

Don't like taking days off just to lounge around house.

Fekking Covid.

Ooh that reminds me, i have annual leave coming up soon :)

So do I ,I'm only working 7 days between now and the long weekend but I refuse to let that stop me whingeing.😂

So do I ,I'm only working 7 days between now and the long weekend but I refuse to let that stop me whingeing.��

There is always, always room for a whinge ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Upon the bed. And yes, it is a rotating one like in Austin Powers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Wanders in. Sees posts about hot mods and bottles of... stuff.

Whistles innocently and turns back to Netflix. Super bored. No work until Wednesday and napping during the day isn’t a great idea. Would play Zombie on my Quest but that isn’t good for the stomach. Feel like a 15 year old boy in some 50s movie. Wide awake and nothing to do, but wanting adventures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Chatting a friend of mine, the carry on of some fathers is a sight to behold. Meet them out and you think god they’re all sweetness and light, butter wouldn’t melt, total family man... talk to a child of his and it’s another story! Don’t know how flesh and blood can turn their backs on their own child and then be narcissistic enough to blame their daughter/son. Feel very sorry for her.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside flexing my biceps and kissing them

Oh I love when Sephers gets his mod hat ‚
    Wanders in. Sees posts about hot mods

ColorfulRewardingIndigobunting-small.gif

Wait until my lip products arrive Sephers 😉

Jaysus. Turn your back for five minutes and Seph has a harem.

Also boards is glitching a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Wait until my lip products arrive Sephers 😉

That could easily be misinterpreted, Duvet! :cool:

I'm couchside about to start whistling innocently.

Also boards is glitching a bit.

It seems to have slowed up on main and touch site.. Will let the people in the know, know :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Always room for one more ;-)

That could easily be misinterpreted, Duvet! :cool:

I'm couchside about to start whistling innocently.

Oh I know that but for once it's the boring interpretation, some businesses need to reopen asap ....

Always room for one more ;-)

Cheeky Sephers. :)

I’m debating between a pasta or a sandwich or a potato. Just need a harem who will rub my tummy afterwards.

Rock and roll!

Put the pasta and potato in the sandwich??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement