Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

anewme wrote: »
    I booked a landscaper to come and do my garden on Wednesday. It is a disgrace. I tried to cut the grass 2 weeks ago, but Im not very good at it.

Saw the queues online for Woodies/B&Q so didn't bother going for mousetrap - he can have an extended stay, not wasting my time lining up there.

Is there a "homevalue" builder providers near you?

My one is doing click and collect... It was really efficient... Might be an option rather than Woodies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Only if you share with me.

Done deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Get anything nice?

Deskside after my walk, had been hiding away from the world since Friday but glad I went out this morning for a wee walk, a bird shat on my hand :mad:.

One in the hand is worth two in the bushes.

Home from Boots delighted with myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

back from dunnes, had to pop in for a few bits :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Finished cleaning the carpets, what an ordeal. Hope I didn’t feck them up. Hoovered, squeejeed them, hoovered again. Used a bold pod in hot water and a scrubbing brush. Dried off with white towel. Windows open. They’re damp, it’s taken all day and I’m nervous but hopeful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Looking out at the sun finally emerging , lovely evening .
    Spaghetti Bolognese on the menu tonight , rice pudding in the oven , sorted :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Home from Boots delighted with myself :)

Got yourself a pair of boots is it?

:pac:

*gets coat*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Bedside, with coffee watching Netflix and gleefully wolfing down marmite on toast.

One of my fav's, with butter or without?.

I loved honey on toast but when I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes in 2017 that had to go :mad:

I'm off my diabetes meds since April last year, but the last two weeks my fasted morning bloods are creeping up again, so off the carbs and longer slower runs for a bit to get it controlled again (damn my chef daughter and all her cakes during lockdown lol)

Had a bit of an easy day today, came home from work early and decided to go for a nap before I head out on a run, and woke up 3 hours later, now I'm not in the mood for a run so will likely walk Richo (we swap days).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Looking out at the sun finally emerging , lovely evening .
    Spaghetti Bolognese on the menu tonight , rice pudding in the oven , sorted :)

Yum, sounds delicious!

Home side, it's where I mostly am these days. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Aw Mam, don’t make me jealous!
    I was supposed to have spaghetti Bol for dinner tonight but forgot to take the mince out of the freezer so having a banana sandwich instead*

*my turn to make some of you jealous, know how much some of you on here love bananas :pac:

Have to use up some cream though so going to have strawberries and maybe a French coffee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

anewme wrote: »
    I booked a landscaper to come and do my garden on Wednesday. It is a disgrace. I tried to cut the grass 2 weeks ago, but Im not very good at it.

Saw the queues online for Woodies/B&Q so didn't bother going for mousetrap - he can have an extended stay, not wasting my time lining up there.

I'd say your blade needs to be sharpened! I'm going to wait a few days before braving hardware shops too.

Deskside rubbing my belly after dinner.
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    know how much some of you on here love bananas :pac:

That's what she said :pac:

That's what she said :pac:

Can't believe I missed that one Seph, I’d never normally miss the opportunity for a few double entendres :p

@shoesdayschild We've just finished that satay and it was lovely. It was a little rich for me, though I still really enjoyed it but himself deemed it "Delicious!". He does the vast majority of the cooking because he's very good at it and I'm reasonably useless so to hear him say something I made was delicious is a total triumph and I'm just thrilled with myself! Thanks a mill for putting me onto it!

I'd say your blade needs to be sharpened! ...

Seph, we have another one!

That’s what she said :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Yum, sounds delicious!

Home side, it's where I mostly am these days. :D

Lots here , I'll share :D

Poochie, hope you took the mince out so you can make it tomorrow :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Morning all, sossies, egg and chips for dinner, missus felt like comfort food and I didn't feel like leaving the house, beautiful compromise haha

Made a big batch of bolognese, have some ready to be frozen in portions.

Rolled myself to couch & not moving. Had a large serving of it.

Eying up a packet of chocolate digestives beside me here now.

Someone take them away from me.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Someone take them away from me.

Gladly

*yoink*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Looking for something to watch on Amazon prime and thinking the money was wasted.
    Kinda like I wish I was right now.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Can't believe I missed that one Seph, I’d never normally miss the opportunity for a few double entendres :p

Tut tut poochie I'm disappointed :pac:

Looking for something to watch on Amazon prime and thinking the money was wasted.

The Americans is good, I'm halfway through season 3.

That’ll teach me for being giddy, just spent last hour cleaning half a carton of cream up off the kitchen floor and the press doors. Hope I got it all or it’s going to stink :(
    On the plus side, I finally mopped the kitchen floor, a chore I’ve been avoiding since the weekend and I’m heading couchside with French coffee :)

Justified, one of the most underrated TV series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The President of Self Saboteurs are Us (that would be me) decided it would be an excellent idea to go picking at a fragile emotional scab and opened up the wound, undid all my progress and ended up in floods of tears. Currently listening to Radiohead. I'm officially sad right now. Very sad :(

The President of Self Saboteurs are Us (that would be me) decided it would be an excellent idea to go picking at a fragile emotional scab and opened up the wound, undid all my progress and ended up in floods of tears. Currently listening to Radiohead. I'm officially sad right now. Very sad :(

((((Hugs))))

Deskside with a cupan tae

*hugs*

Sorry to hear that sar, let it all out, a good cry does us wonders sometimes, pm is always if you wanna chat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

We got you *hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Sardonicat wrote:
    The President of Self Saboteurs are Us (that would be me) decided it would be an excellent idea to go picking at a fragile emotional scab and opened up the wound, undid all my progress and ended up in floods of tears. Currently listening to Radiohead. I'm officially sad right now. Very sad

I really hope it's not exit music for a film you're listening to! :D

Joking aside, hope you feel better soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,722 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Meet a lifetime member *touches elbows*. Time for B&J, official SSAU club refreshments, mmmm...
    netflix-chilld-nondairy-en-landing.png

Am so sorry Sardonicat, try not to be too hard on yourself, we all do it.
    Whatever you do, stay away from youtube (my :o downfall).

Ah, I'm sorry to be this thread's little rain cloud. :o

I stopped short at Exit Music.Saw it lining up in the playlist and thought "perhaps not tonight:cool:". Listening to a mix of 90s alt now, thinking of sticking on The Police and ogling a young Mr. Copeland. That usually works and leaves me :D

Thanks again, guys.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Meet a lifetime member *touches elbows*. Time for B&J, official SSAU club refreshments, mmmm...
    netflix-chilld-nondairy-en-landing.png

Am so sorry Sardonicat, try not to be too hard on yourself, we all do it.
    Whatever you do, stay away from youtube (my :o downfall).
    It was going on Youtube that sparked this whole issue off back in January and set me off tonight! I didnt think anyone wold take me serioulsly if I tried to tell them that!

Ben & Jerry, while good at soothing my soul, are no match for Stewart Copeland circa 1982 wearing very short shorts ;)

BB delighted you both enjoyed the satay!
    S.Cat, hope you have some good distractions around you, and feel better soon.

Just in bed here now, would love something cold and fizzy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Ahhhh - just woke up from a nap. Will be up for the foreseeable now. Back to Modern Family on Netflix. Swear, it's going to stop asking me if I'm still there and start telling me to get the hell out.

Sorry to hear you're upset Sardonicat. I hope you are already improving. Distant hugs!!

Started Ozark earlier, not great but invested now damn it..

There's something about Mary starting at 9.30 on tg4. Fook it it's been a while. I'll watch a bit of it at least. So funny

There's something about Mary starting at 9.30 on tg4. Fook it it's been a while. I'll watch a bit of it at least. So funny
    The "Hair Gel" scene put me off ever watching that again. Eugh

Franks and beans!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Alibi channel has my attention now :)

Would love a cookie now :D someone is talking about biscuits to me :D

Sending hugs ((Hugs))

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Alibi channel has my attention now :)

Would love a cookie now :D someone is talking about biscuits to me :D

Sending hugs ((Hugs))

Ooh I loved that channel when I had that stuff.

Sardonicat, sorry you having a tough time. Sometimes though it's best to pick at a scab until it's finally a scar that can't be picked anymore.

You'll be left with a permanent reminder that will fade over time until it's barely perceptible, but it won't be able to hurt you again.

Tableside about to have a drink before I get too philosophical. The dreary weather really dampens the mood, I hope it brightens up again soon.

Still deskside, I better get up and walk around, my ass is gone numb :eek:
    Sardonicat, sorry you having a tough time. Sometimes though it's best to pick at a scab until it's finally a scar that can't be picked anymore.

You'll be left with a permanent reminder that will fade over time until it's barely perceptible, but it won't be able to hurt you again.

Tableside about to have a drink before I get too philosophical. The dreary weather really dampens the mood, I hope it brightens up again soon.

Whats on the drinks menu tonight? coors is it?

Still deskside, I better get up and walk around, my ass is gone numb :eek:

Whats on the drinks menu tonight? coors is it?

It's Carlsberg tonight Sephers, I like to mix it up occasionally. :p

Missed the window for beer purchase dagnabbit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Glass of club orange being consumed now along with a wafer ice cream :)

Couchside watching The tonight show

Missed the window for beer purchase dagnabbit

Amateur! You need at least a week's supply in advance. :D

Amateur! You need at least a week's supply in advance. :D

I am purchaser and transporter for two and broken hulk here can only haul so much in one go :(

It’s still only half way through the weekend in this house today so
    https://ibb.co/zb54HXJ
    https://ibb.co/hmyc6Zw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Ohhhhh what are those drinks?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement