Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Banana and strawberry smoothie mix from aldi, about 250 ml of apple juice also aldi and almost a shoulder of huzzar. Delicious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Gah. Have the sads.. Hate that.. Trying to get into a show for distraction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Hopefully the show works, Grem.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hopefully the show works, Grem.

I'll be fine, just like that I can get it out here..

I'll be fine, just like that I can get it out here..

Always better out than in, like a fart! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grem , you're always there for anyone that needs an ear to listen , don't forget it works both ways , all here for you too .

Sorry to hear that Grem. :(
    Is it Ozark you're watching? I had to give up on that show. It was too dark for me. But I don't mean dark like dark storylines, I mean dark like dark, I was struggling to see stuff at times and that sort of dark, grey, green look just annoys the sh!te out of me.

Meh, it's a new day. Can hit the hay after another episode or two and sleep it off.

Hope you’re feeling better after the shower Grem. Have a root around and see if there’s any nice treats that will cheer you up too. I’ve always loved our late night chats so if you want to chat you work away, I’m usually knocking about all hours of the night.

Except in a lift. Farting on a lift is wrong on so many levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Hugs Grem. I owe you so many. I hope I haven't infected this thread with the sads. Are we going to have to put face masks on our emojis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Sorry to hear that Grem. :(
    Is it Ozark you're watching? I had to give up on that show. It was too dark for me. But I don't mean dark like dark storylines, I mean dark like dark, I was struggling to see stuff at times and that sort of dark, grey, green look just annoys the sh!te out of me.

That is a brilliant random unexpected paragraph. :D Actually laughed out loud.

Obviously not funny about you Grem though. You any better?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*hugs* gremmy 🤗

Ohhh but sure I thought women didn't fart 🙄

*Childish giggling*

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Hugs Grem. I owe you so many. I hope I haven't infected this thread with the sads. Are we going to have to put face masks on our emojis?

Like this 😷😷?

:pac:

I'm bedside, sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

That is a brilliant random unexpected paragraph. :D Actually laughed out loud.

Obviously not funny about you Grem though. You any better?

Haha :D I am serious though!

I'm ok all, thank you :) some tea and cake now for bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,722 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Rest well Gremlin, may tomorrow be a better day for all of us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I stopped short at Exit Music.Saw it lining up in the playlist and thought "perhaps not tonight:cool:". Listening to a mix of 90s alt now, thinking of sticking on The Police and ogling a young Mr. Copeland. That usually works and leaves me :D

Radiohead was a terrible choice to begin with. Great music, but not exactly happy music.

kowloon wrote: »
    Radiohead was a terrible choice to begin with. Great music, but not exactly happy music.

We like the misery! :D

I think I've said it before here but I find that Radiohead music tends to show me there's only up from the bottom of whatever low you have sunk into..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside wide awake the last hour .

• Advertisement

Awake side. Not totally impressed as I went to bed at 4am. My mission now is to stay awake all day though so that I sleep tonight before heading back to work.

Have a great start to the day lovely peoples!

Morning. Making a second cup of coffee. Migraine. Trying to muster up the capacity to shower Dad when all I want to do is go back to bed...

Deskside with the sweet stuff, new coffee I ordered yesterday arrived, some interesting new ones :3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Morning all!

Deskside - 3rd espresso in. Nice day. Not a bad Tuesday so far :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Tuesday!!

Seph don’t forget to play the lotto ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Looking for something to watch on Amazon prime and thinking the money was wasted.
    Kinda like I wish I was right now.
    I thought that it was crap due to my location, but it really isn’t worth paying for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

smurfjed wrote: »
    I thought that it was crap due to my location, but it really isn’t worth paying for.

I have found a couple of shows worth watching. We started Mr Robot last night which seems very good so far.
    But will likely keep AP for a few months and then switch over to Now TV.
    And we keep our netflix subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I have found a couple of shows worth watching. We started Mr Robot last night which seems very good so far.
    But will likely keep AP for a few months and then switch over to Now TV.
    And we keep our netflix subscription.

Mr Robot is AWESOME! The attention to detail is crazy! Most of the hacking tools and scripts you see are legitimate tools we use in work (the bad guys use the same tools the good guys use - I'm on the good side :D). They got actual security people in to do all of the hacking stuff to ensure authenticity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Emailing people back into their boxes.
    Sorting things out.
    Deathly bored.
    Argh!

• Advertisement

Feeling fabulous after a hair wash and shower. I even went mad and exfoliated my shins! Will be going for our stroll in a while - later than normal due to a shaky start this morning. But we're getting there. It's a fabulous day outside!

Awake side. Not totally impressed as I went to bed at 4am. My mission now is to stay awake all day though so that I sleep tonight before heading back to work.

I used to do that for my first day of work but 12 hours of shift with an hour of travel on each end was pretty difficult on the back of a lost night of sleep. Not a chance I could do it now without crashing hard.

In from my walk, was gonna make beef fajitas but can't arsed, also the beef smells.......funky......a toasted sandwich and a cupan tae it is then.

I used to do that for my first day of work but 12 hours of shift with an hour of travel on each end was pretty difficult on the back of a lost night of sleep. Not a chance I could do it now without crashing hard.

I hear you. Sure my record was 56 hours. I used to be *very* focused on work. Not worth it though, as I learned, kinda. :p

Just want to go in fresh tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

Except in a lift. Farting on a lift is wrong on so many levels.

Except when you leave one just before you leave the lift lol lol

Cheer up Grem...

I hear you. Sure my record was 56 hours. I used to be *very* focused on work. Not worth it though, as I learned, kinda. :p

Just want to go in fresh tomorrow.

I think my record was 3 shifts and the hours in between which I take to be 62 hours assuming I slept until the moment I had to go to work on the first day and skipped shift changeover and hit the bed the second I got home on the last day. I wasn't focused on work though, I just couldn't sleep. My health took a nosedive while I was still in that job. These days I often have a nap in the evening.

• Advertisement

I think my record was 3 shifts and the hours in between which I take to be 62 hours assuming I slept until the moment I had to go to work on the first day and skipped shift changeover and hit the bed the second I got home on the last day. I wasn't focused on work though, I just couldn't sleep. My health took a nosedive while I was still in that job. These days I often have a nap in the evening.

It's never good.

But that's the past.

I would love a nap right now!!!

And a sandwich!

Ok. Heading kitchenside...

Lying on my bed
    It's never good.

But that's the past.

I would love a nap right now!!!

And a sandwich!

Ok. Heading kitchenside...

I just had a nap, go for it, set an alarm for 15 minutes

What kind of sandwich we talking about here now?

Gosh it's warm.. Texting my psychologist at the moment to try sort out a meeting of some sort..

Lying on my bed

I just had a nap, go for it, set an alarm for 15 minutes

What kind of sandwich we talking about here now?

Well, I have a baguette, and some chicken breasts that I roasted.

So, will grill up some baguette slices. Stick on the chicken. Add some chedder cheese and melt it. Then some spring onions, mayonnaise, and lettuce.

I would add bacon but I am already rebelling with the cheese and mayo.

Go on. Slide over your plate. :)

Maybe a nap afterwards..

Well, I have a baguette, and some chicken breasts that I roasted.

So, will grill up some baguette slices. Stick on the chicken. Add some chedder cheese and melt it. Then some spring onions, mayonnaise, and lettuce.

I would add bacon but I am already rebelling with the cheese and mayo.

Go on. Slide over your plate. :)

Maybe a nap afterwards..

Wow......what a gal

*slides over plate with the kittens on the side of it* :3

:D

• Advertisement

Wow......what a gal

*slides over plate with the kittens on the side of it* :3

:D

Stop tempting me with your kitten plate!!

One of these days...

But today you get half of a sandwich on your kitten plate.

Will you have to shout at each other from the corners of the room to maintain social distancing?

No shouting needed..

Since lockdown I’ve been sleeping more (can’t be hard) than I did since god knows when. There would have been days I would go 30 hours with maybe 3 hours sleep. Now I’m sleeping a bit more, and I can’t believe the difference to my hair.
    I’ve been banging on about it enough for the past two years but my hair was falling out like crazy, stress and medication. I had full on bald spots, convinced it was alopecia but thankfully it wasn’t. I was always lucky that I had enough hair to cover any visible spots but I knew they were there.
    Last few months I’ve been buying different things online and bought this 3 step system to help with hair loss and taking some vitamins, costing me a fortune.

Just sent a pic to my friend to show the regrowth and compared it to a pic 8 months ago. I am thrilllllllled. I still have a forehead you could land a plane on but my hair is in unreal condition and while I’m still shedding I don’t have visible scalp.

https://ibb.co/3FYPs9d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

No shouting needed..

I DIDN'T THINK SO..... :pac:

Last few months I’ve been buying different things online and bought this 3 step system to help with hair loss and taking some vitamins, costing me a fortune.

Do you think your 3 step treatment would help me? I am...eh.. slightly light on top.

Sure nobody stares at the mantle piece when stroking the fire TH. With such fine features as you were blessed with, hair is a mere distraction:D

It’s stoking isn’t it? Luckiest man always calls me an idiot when I say stroking

Stoking is the word!

Trundling, mask on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Just home!
    First day back to work since March 12th .... everyone else is still on covid...I'm trying to get things profitable on my own for the first 2 weeks... otherwise I might not be able to bring anyone else back.
    Who said pressure was only for tyres & pregnant womens bra-straps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I’m finishing dinner and having a mope.
    Was a stunner of a day here but just not feeling it at the moment.
    Not liking having the work problems so close to home, normally could work it off at the gym or leave them in the car, but walking down the stairs isn’t enough of a buffer.

But hey ho, I have the evening ahead of me and a pal sent me a book in the post, so I’m sure I’ll be fine

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement