Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Poochie05 wrote:
    I’m finishing dinner and having a mope. Was a stunner of a day here but just not feeling it at the moment. Not liking having the work problems so close to home, normally could work it off at the gym or leave them in the car, but walking down the stairs isn’t enough of a buffer.

True Poochie, I get out for a walk/run after I log off. Just to have that break between work & leisure.

Otherwise I'm never fully out of work mindset.

Couchside with a mint cornetto.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Was a beautiful day here, so warm and sunny and a real sign of Summer.:)

Busy deskside in the home office working away earlier, now chilling out with a good book on the sofa with the patio doors wide open. A walk in the park may or may not happen - as yet undecided...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The dog got a haircut here today , God love her , but needs must as it's getting too warm . Now she still needs grooming but at least a lot of the heaviness is gone .
    Just about to have tomato soup and crusty bread , simple but lovely .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    The dog got a haircut here today , God love her , but needs must as it's getting too warm . Now she still needs grooming but at least a lot of the heaviness is gone .
    Just about to have tomato soup and crusty bread , simple but lovely .

I'd ask for a picture of your handiwork but then I'd feel obliged to share a picture of mine when I groom my fella in the coming days and I don't want that because I'm sure I'm gonna ruin him!!!

Glitch...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mam has handy excuse for not posting a pic :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

kowloon wrote: »
    You hadn't specified any room size and the 2 metre thing is a minimum distance guideline. You could be an eXtreme social distancer, close enough to hear a scream but far enough to give a marksman a difficult time. :D
    The post was about a possible counselling session, it's incredibly insensitive to try to turn it into a running gag.

It's been reported enough in the news for us to know it's likely to be an online or telephone session. To the best of my knowledge one can speak at a normal volume for either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :)

Couch side about to eat a mint cornetto :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Howdy all, I've been absent for a bit for reasons but sure here I am again much to the delight and/or dismay and/or indifference of you all. I hope yizz are all keeping well.

I am homeside and just packed my work bag, back to work for me tomorrow for a few hours at least. A welcome change of scenery and I get to have meself a little singsong in the car on the way too.

• Advertisement

I'd ask for a picture of your handiwork but then I'd feel obliged to share a picture of mine when I groom my fella in the coming days and I don't want that because I'm sure I'm gonna ruin him!!!

Ha not a hope of a pic , maybe when she eventually gets groomed properly :pac:
    She looks a little less like a sheep now , just a little ... :o
    Happy grooming :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Guy Person wrote:
    Howdy all, I've been absent for a bit for reasons but sure here I am again much to the delight and/or dismay and/or indifference of you all. I hope yizz are all keeping well.

Welcome back Guy. Good to see you back. I'm expecting lols so you better deliver....
    *stares at Guy weirdly and intensely* :pac:

Ha not a hope of a pic , maybe when she eventually gets groomed properly :pac:
    She looks a little less like a sheep now , just a little ... :o
    Happy grooming :p

At least you had the balls to do it. I've been putting it off for ages, afraid to take the plunge. Poor little fella will be a laughing stock when I'm done.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You hadn't specified any room size and the 2 metre thing is a minimum distance guideline. You could be an eXtreme social distancer, close enough to hear a scream but far enough to give a marksman a difficult time. :D

It being a HSE psych i could be anywhere but the absolute majority of rooms i've seen doctors in is well capable of the two metre clearance guidlines, anyway, appointment monday, i'll bring a tape measure :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Evening all :) how's all?

I'm bedside listening to some music

I discovered an Easter egg here when I got back to my apartment :D I forgot I brought it before lockdown. Twas a lovely surprise :D

Evening all :) how's all?

I'm bedside listening to some music

I discovered an Easter egg here when I got back to my apartment :D I forgot I brought it before lockdown. Twas a lovely surprise :D

Ooh surprise chocolate is the best chocolate :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and bistro crisps

Happy to see that a certain honeybear is posting again :3 lock up your honey jar or she'll have her paws in them 😁

At least you had the balls to do it. I've been putting it off for ages, afraid to take the plunge. Poor little fella will be a laughing stock when I'm done.

Just do it , honestly you'll do a great job and plus he'll feel better for it too !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

whistling innocently here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Just do it , honestly you'll do a great job and plus he'll feel better for it too !

Blade zero all round :D

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

honeybear wrote: »
    whistling innocently here!

What are you up to honeybear hmmmm? 😛

• Advertisement

What are you up to honeybear hmmmm? ��

Zilch Seph ... I've been living like hermit, taking a break from social media while working. Logged back in this morning and it's gone to my head ... and not a drop of wine in sight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Ooh surprise chocolate is the best chocolate :D

tis indeed grem :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

About to make a lot of people very happy tonight. :)

Listening to bella ciao on Spotify

Listening to bella ciao on Spotify

*narrows eyes* What's this?.

Blade zero all round :D

They'd definitely look like sheep then if completely sheared :p

They'd definitely look like sheep then if completely sheared :p

I was thinking of chinese crested dogs, strangely follicled creatures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Will there be pictures of Dippy & Co in masks ?

TV-side. Day picked up something great :)

Shoes is looking well :D

Deskside side, neighbours on both sides have large group of visitors .
    honeybear wrote: »
    Zilch Seph ... I've been living like hermit, taking a break from social media while working. Logged back in this morning and it's gone to my head ... and not a drop of wine in sight!

No I meant why are you whistling innocently :-P?

How will you do that shoe shoe?

0lddog wrote: »
    Will there be pictures of Dippy & Co in masks ?

TV-side. Day picked up something great :)

Laughing here Olddog!

Dippy, Dappy, Dilly & Dally have been joined by 3 new duckies and they are all beautifully behaved, playing in low troughs of water all day today and providing lots of entertainment for passers by. I’m feeling sorry for one of the cockerals who is being bullied by the other one and doesn’t want to go into the main hen house … poor Cocky Locky! Who needs Fair City with these farmyard shenanigans!

• Advertisement

HB do you need a doctor ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Evening all. Finding it hard to keep abreast of the thread due to the cursed glitch. Following on incognito but as soon as I sign in I'm glitched out again so if they're no thanks or responses to your posts from me it's not cos I'm ignoring anyone.

Isn't it great to see some familiar faces back on the thread?!

I demand pics of shorn doggies! I'm grateful that moggies are self groomers but the downside to that is the cleaning up of fur balls.

Gremlin, hope you get that appointment sorted and it helps.

Mam and Duvet off for a drive :D

Seph anything to say :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Mam and Duvet off for a drive :D

Love it , the wind in our hair :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Seph anything to say :D

I'm innocent I swear :o

:3

Actually raining cats and dogs in a thread, who woulda thunk it?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Since lockdown I’ve been sleeping more (can’t be hard) than I did since god knows when. There would have been days I would go 30 hours with maybe 3 hours sleep. Now I’m sleeping a bit more, and I can’t believe the difference to my hair.
    I’ve been banging on about it enough for the past two years but my hair was falling out like crazy, stress and medication. I had full on bald spots, convinced it was alopecia but thankfully it wasn’t. I was always lucky that I had enough hair to cover any visible spots but I knew they were there.
    Last few months I’ve been buying different things online and bought this 3 step system to help with hair loss and taking some vitamins, costing me a fortune.

Just sent a pic to my friend to show the regrowth and compared it to a pic 8 months ago. I am thrilllllllled. I still have a forehead you could land a plane on but my hair is in unreal condition and while I’m still shedding I don’t have visible scalp.

https://ibb.co/3FYPs9d

TBH, stress has a lot to answer for. Think we don’t even realise how bad it can get until we get a break.

Couchside. I should go to bed. Werk werk werk tomorrow.

I hurt my leg by doing nothing. Am I old now!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I was thinking of chinese crested dogs, strangely follicled creatures

Oh they feel like a raw chicken that's been warmed up. Seriously.

• Advertisement

Hmmmm Seph :D

Friends had one, even they said she smelled of piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Love it , the wind in our hair :D

Lols to that!
    Thelma and Louise!

To thine own self be true

Old Dog :D

Lols to that!
    Thelma and Louise!

Well they are planning a road trip :)

Oh Paws, forgot to ask, how's work going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The post was about a possible counselling session, it's incredibly insensitive to try to turn it into a running gag.

It's been reported enough in the news for us to know it's likely to be an online or telephone session. To the best of my knowledge one can speak at a normal volume for either.

****, didn't really consider that. Post deleted. :o

Lols to that!
    Thelma and Louise!

One of my favourite films , bad ass classic :D

One of my favourite films , bad ass classic :D

It was brad pitt really, wasn't it Mam? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

****, didn't really consider that. Post deleted. :o

It's ok, we'll forgive you. :pac:

It was brad pitt really, wasn't it Mam? :P

Lol , good character but nope !

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.