Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Watched a show from Oz that had a real Thelma and Louise vibe to it, on netflix

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    Hmmmm Seph :D

Keep them cat pics coming :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Oh Paws, forgot to ask, how's work going?

It's pretty busy but ok, thanks for asking. Wednesday of last week nobody got lunch. Barely had time to eat.

That said, I've been off since Wednesday evening last week. We're working in 2 teams, the other team are currently on. We do Thursday, Friday 12 hour shifts, Saturday 8am-1pm, off Sunday, then Mon-Weds 12 hour shifts and we get a week off. It's sort of like doing 1 week on, 1 week off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Stone cold promise i wouldn't remember when i was off or on :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, kinda regretting that nap earlier now, opps :o

bedside, kinda regretting that nap earlier now, opps :o

Happens the best of us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Glitchy is an annoying b!tch tbh , should be unglitched by now , fingers crossed!

Eta,

Woohoo!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Glitchy is an annoying b!tch tbh , should be unglitched by now , fingers crossed!

Eta,

Woohoo!

That's a pain, hasn't happened me in a while thank feck..

I'm still on phone , it's annoying but I just try give enough time hoping there has been enough posts to unglitch it tbh .

I'm still on phone , it's annoying but I just try give enough time hoping there has been enough posts to unglitch it tbh .

I clear the history on my phone weekly which seems to help, google stores some amount of stuff!

• Advertisement

I clear the history on my phone weekly which seems to help, google stores some amount of stuff!

Done that earlier today , although I'll admit it had been a while since it was last done :o

Eta ,
    I meant to say , there are hairless hamsters, that look like mini hippos !
    Don't like them though :D

Done that earlier today , although I'll admit it had been a while since it was last done :o

Eta ,
    I meant to say , there are hairless hamsters, that look like mini hippos !
    Don't like them though :D

It's definitely in a dusty corner of my mind along with all the other things i am meant to do on a more regular basis :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Eta , I meant to say , there are hairless hamsters, that look like mini hippos ! Don't like them though

If you openly mentioning hairless hamsters, what weird things had you to wipe from history that you are not sharing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

7km walk done, now poolside

smurfjed wrote: »
    7km walk done, now poolside

You still have to do that in the hotel?

Just about to finish work, hectic night.

Not a case of having to, more a desire, its too easy to get super lazy here as I have absolutely nothing to do, this is day 14 of my isolation, so i should test tonight and move rooms back to a room with more natural light and enough room to swing a cat :) (oops sorry )

As for the “groomers” have you tried using a FERMINATOR? It’s a hairbrush, we use it on the mutt daily and its amazing how much hair comes off each time, and he loves the attention.

41duvFNik6L._AC_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Suns up. Out the back garden to finish off painting the shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Couchside, waiting for my personal assistant to arrive :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I delete my history every time I go out, just in case I die and someone checks my browsing history :o

Undecided what to do today, that weather is tempting me into the sea again. I'd a 500m swim yesterday evening, it was glorious and here's a photo of 'Mak the Mermaid' :P

513574.jpg

So cycle and swim or run and swim.. Decisions, decisions :pac:

Hope you're all enjoy the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Inside, watching my nails dry.

Would usually gofor a few walks a day but I have a lower back ache :*

Feel like a heifer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Was in bed having a grand nap for myself when one of the girls rang me and woke me up. Fuming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

About to go out and cut the grass, I'm determined to beat Grandeeod to it this week.

Some inboxes could do with a clean up too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

About to go out and cut the grass, I'm determined to beat Grandeeod to it this week.

Some inboxes could do with a clean up too!

Too late. Did it yesterday. Tis like carpet.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Midday today was the hump of the week for me. I barley made it over that hump. But look - roll on the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Found my rooster dead this morning, he was a good rooster. Never attacked anyone or abused his hens. I used to hand him the treats so he could pass them out to the hens. He distributed them as equally as a bird that can't count ever could.

kowloon wrote: »
    Found my rooster dead this morning, he was a good rooster. Never attacked anyone or abused his hens. I used to hand him the treats so he could pass them out to the hens. He distributed them as equally as a bird that can't count ever could.

Sorry to hear that Kowloon. Poor fella :(

I was trying to do coursework today but they're resurfacing the road outside and my head is wrecked. So I'm being a waster and watching YouTube videos now.

Why are these 'beauty gurus' dotting fake freckles on their faces. How is that a thing now? Seriously like! I have freckles in the exact places they're faking them (bridge of nose, cheeks under the eyes) and they look rotten for fecks sake!

The girl I was just watching decided not to bother with fake lashes 'for a change' because she said she wears them daily and implied thats normal for women. Do people wear fake eyelashes in their normal day to day lives?? How could you be bothered? I've never worn them in my life but I do think they can look very beautiful and have often been mesmerized by my friends on a night out but as a daily feature.. I dunno.. I'm probably just too boring and too lazy!

The girl I was just watching decided not to bother with fake lashes 'for a change' because she said she wears them daily and implied thats normal for women. Do people wear fake eyelashes in their normal day to day lives?? How could you be bothered? I've never worn them in my life but I do think they can look very beautiful and have often been mesmerized by my friends on a night out but as a daily feature.. I dunno.. I'm probably just too boring and too lazy!

Is wearing makeup and putting on makeup not their job though? Anyway, no human can compete.

ef218514dd976c0d6d8a8933718275cc.jpg

Oh no :( poor fella :(

They can have characters all of their own :(

• Advertisement

Is wearing makeup and putting on makeup not their job though? Anyway, no human can compete.

Yeah of course, it's just the implication that normal people do or should carry on like that as well. This human certainly can't compete! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :)

Just finished lunch And I’m off to hang out the washing :D Living the dream I am :D

I was trying to do coursework today but they're resurfacing the road outside and my head is wrecked. So I'm being a waster and watching YouTube videos now.

Why are these 'beauty gurus' dotting fake freckles on their faces. How is that a thing now? Seriously like! I have freckles in the exact places they're faking them (bridge of nose, cheeks under the eyes) and they look rotten for fecks sake!

I look like Ive been sunbathing under a colander. Freckles in those places too. I like mine and admire a dusting of freckles on other women :)

I tried fake lashes but couldnt get the hang. They can look great alright. Im not sure how common this stuff is. Weekly blowdries used to be common among my friends.

Yeah of course, it's just the implication that normal people do or should carry on like that as well. This human certainly can't compete! :D

They live in a bubble that just reinforces how important they think makeup is to the world and it's in their interest to have everyone else think the same. I'm sure cosmetics companies are getting a little nervous at the drop they're seeing in sales at the moment.
    I look like Ive been sunbathing under a colander. Freckles in those places too. I like mine and admire a dusting of freckles on other women :)

A fellow Pastafarian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Too late. Did it yesterday. Tis like carpet.:D

Nooooooooooooooo. I'll have to send Mam around to kidnap your mower next week.

Sorry to hear about the rooster, Kowloon. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I delete my history every time I go out, just in case I die and someone checks my browsing history :o

Undecided what to do today, that weather is tempting me into the sea again. I'd a 500m swim yesterday evening, it was glorious and here's a photo of 'Mak the Mermaid' :P

513574.jpg

So cycle and swim or run and swim.. Decisions, decisions :pac:

Hope you're all enjoy the sun.

Didn't you say before that you swim in the nip :)
    What is the froth covering?

To thine own self be true

Didn't you say before that you swim in the nip :)
    What is the froth covering?

An AH ban?

Right, outside time, where did I leave my blinkers?. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Homeside after my day in work. I was like a kid on Christmas morning when I woke today so giddy was I to get back to work. Not having any particular reason to get up every day for the past two months or so was definitely nagging at me recently, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders now and all I actually did was go to a place I’ve been to hundreds of times. Pretty silly really.

And I see there is now a thread on flags of the world as well as on interesting maps, I am in nerd heaven right now.

People of this thread, I can see wasps or hornets swarming around a chimney near me, I can get to the house but don't know anyone there. I wan want to go tell them before it becomes a problem, do I?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

People of this thread, I can see wasps or hornets swarming around a chimney near me, I can get to the house but don't know anyone there. I wan want to go tell them before it becomes a problem, do I?

Let the Murder Hornets have their fun :)

I would, they could gently smoke them out before there's a bigger problem.

I would, they could gently smoke them out before there's a bigger problem.

My instinct too, if it's bees I'd hope to save them by moving them on gently.. I'll go in a few minutes and see how I get on..

My instinct too, if it's bees I'd hope to save them by moving them on gently.. I'll go in a few minutes and see how I get on..

They don't want to light the fire and get a torrent of molten wax and honey either :D. Bees here drove out the bats because there was nobody around with the knowhow to move them to a hive.

Was shooting all day. Soaked in sweat & have a right good farmers tan......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Hello all. Glitched out again but reading incognito. Fun filled day here of laundry and cleaning. Talking point of the day was a power cut that largely coincided with our daily constitutional so missed the anticipation waiting for the 'lectric to come back on. More glamour awaits in the guise of litter trays that need to be scooped out, spuds to be peeled and washing to be carried in from the line. Who needs false eye lashes? I am the embodiment of feminine mystique and glamour. I know you either want me or want to be me, or both. I won't torment you any further with my tales of the high life. I'm not totally without a heart.

Mind those stingy flying yokes, Grem.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Was shooting all day. Soaked in sweat & have a right good farmers tan......

Food or paper?

Food or paper?

Paper!

bubblypop wrote: »
    Paper!

Someone has to stop them. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Stressed, whole day sorting out things. Cleaned out wardrobes, hot press, under stairs garage and shed. Knackerrrrred

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement