Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Will you be robbing food now that you're a mod here? :p

Huh? Wasn't I always robbing food?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Tis raining away here too , but fire is lit , so all is good .

Grem, a hot bath or shower any good for taking the edge off the pain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Anyone would think you are giving us a bad name when it comes to food.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Anyone would think you are giving us a bad name when it comes to food.

I blame Seph and his slidey plate :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I blame Seph and his slidey plate :p

Leave my plate out of this you!

*mad face*

:pac:

• Advertisement

*saunters in and sees mention of Sephs slidey plate.

Alright, what are we havin'?

*Pulls fork from pocket.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside, room hovered, bed sheets changed, quilt cover changed, socks matched and put away, t-shirts folded and put away, living an exciting life :eek::rolleyes:
    *saunters in and sees mention of Sephs slidey plate.

Alright, what are we havin'?

*Pulls fork from pocket.

That depends, watcha bring :pac:?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Once the thief becomes an authority figure it's called 'Tax'.

That depends, watcha bring :pac:?

Pineappley pizza!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Pineappley pizza!

Niiicee.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Pineappley pizza!

**slides plate over**

Pineapple and goats cheese on pizza is magic.

Aawww I said that so there'd be minimal requests to share! BUILE DOESN'T SHARE FOOD!

Pineapple and goats cheese on pizza is magic.

Ok Buile has decided she will share with Grem because that ^ right there is heaven. Buile respects Grem greatly.

Why the Fack am I talking in the third person??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Leave my plate out of this you!

*mad face*

Can mods ban each other? :pac:

I’m now in bed listening to the rain outside, comforting

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Can mods ban each other? :pac:

I’m now in bed listening to the rain outside, comforting

Who do you wanna ban poochie ? I'll make it happen....😏

Pineappley pizza!

giphy.gif

Who do you wanna ban poochie ? I'll make it happen....

giphy.gif

Nope!

Grem is a mod now. And she likes the pineapply pizza. So I think I'll stay right where I am.

*Sharpens pizza cutter menacingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Pineappley pizza!

Out. Now. Leave your stuff, we'll send it on.

Aawww I said that so there'd be minimal requests to share! BUILE DOESN'T SHARE FOOD!

Give me all the food. Problem solved, no sharing.

Get out and leave all my food behind eh.

Lovely people in here!!!

:(

;)

• Advertisement

Lying on bed listening to the rain.
    Get out and leave all my food behind eh.

Lovely people in here!!!

:(

;)

Ahhh were only busting your chops :pac:

honest ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, listening to the rain outside, thinking about life

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Awake now, having a chat on tinternet with my old mate whose dad passed away last week and who he laid to rest this morning. If we didnt have Facebook maybe we would only talk a few times a year, as we're not phone chat people. Glad of the technology.
    Wind whooshing outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Someone mention pineapple pizza :D

Slides plate across ;):D

This thread is becoming impossible now due to the glitch. Getting very fed up with it.

Awake now, having a chat on tinternet with my old mate whose dad passed away last week and who he laid to rest this morning. If we didnt have Facebook maybe we would only talk a few times a year, as we're not phone chat people. Glad of the technology.
    Wind whooshing outside.

Harsh deal to lose anyone while everything is restricted.
    Sardonicat wrote: »
    This thread is becoming impossible now due to the glitch. Getting very fed up with it.

Is this similar to the glitch that requires a new thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »

It's beyond frustrating, but there's glorious pineapply pizza as a consolation. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Resplendent upon the bed. Goodnight... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Autosport wrote: »
    Someone mention pineapple pizza :D

Slides plate across ;):D

*Pees on plate*

Tastes better than pineapple pizza!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

*Pees on plate*

Tastes better than pineapple pizza!

My new name The Majestic Panda Killa :P

You will suffer :D :P

Couchside feeling a little better, ozark season three,few cans to warm up for annual leave next week..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Going downstairs to make toast and might watch some tv but I have to be quiet. A bit worried about a friend. Seems to be in a very abusive relationship but is brushing it off with “ah you know me, I’m just soft”. When in actual fact what is being said and done is beyond terrible. But sure look. Can only help those who’ll help themselves

Couchside feeling a little better, ozark season three,few cans to warm up for annual leave next week..

A few people have recommended that to me on the grounds that I liked Breaking Bad. It's on the list.

Never watched breaking bad so can't help you there but it's grand it's worth a watch.

I didn’t like breaking bad at all I kept watching til season 5 and everyone was like oh give it a chance but I think your man at the beginnings eye brows triggered me and I couldn’t concentrate on it as a series also he’ll never not be malcoms dad

• Advertisement

I didn’t like breaking bad at all I kept watching til season 5 and everyone was like oh give it a chance but I think your man at the beginnings eye brows triggered me and I couldn’t concentrate on it as a series also he’ll never not be malcoms dad

That's actually what I thought made it so good. It starts out as a crime-comedy about Malcolm's Dad, a law-abiding citizen, and a loveable screwup ex-student of his and just gets darker and darker until he's a monster.
    Either way, I need something completely distracting like that to take my mind off Normal People. I can read about war crimes and watch Holocaust movies but a plothole filled girly drama about students has really hit a nerve.

Ya. Normal people was a huge kick in the feels alright. I think we all had a Connell didn’t we.

Ya. Normal people was a huge kick in the feels alright. I think we all had a Connell didn’t we.

Best series I've ever watched by a mile.
    Sobbed my way through a lot of it but it was so cathartic.

Sat through a few episodes of Normal People, was hoping to like it but it just didn't get the tone of the book imho

Sat through a few episodes of Normal People, was hoping to like it but it just didn't get the tone of the book imho

Want to get Sally Rooneys other book, Conversations with Friends but the synopsis tells me it's about a 4 way relationship!!

• Advertisement

Want to get Sally Rooneys other book, Conversations with Friends but the synopsis tells me it's about a 4 way relationship!!

Like my relationship and my two other personalities hahah no
    I’m only joking :D

I never even heard of the books til I watched the show, but we need a season 2 damnit

I had a Marrianne but more dysfunctional.
    Best series I've ever watched by a mile.
    Sobbed my way through a lot of it but it was so cathartic.

It's nowhere close to making my top 10 unless emotional meltdown is the only metric. Give me Band of Brothers or Chernobyl any day of the week. :D

Ah, Chernobyl, must add to the list..

Am currently reading Eleanor and Hick, an account of Eleanor Roosevelt and a reporter that lived on the trail and in the white house.

kowloon wrote: »
    I had a Marrianne but more dysfunctional.

It's nowhere close to making my top 10 unless emotional meltdown is the only metric. Give me Band of Brothers or Chernobyl any day of the week. :D

Nope, I can't watch anything like that. I'd be traumatised. I saw one episode of Love Hate and wasn't right for days after it.

Bambi for me had me shook for all my childhood lord I couldn’t face watching it as an adult. Same with lion king. I went to see some dog movie in kids club last summer and bawled the whole way through it. Love hate didn’t make me bat an eyelid except for when they murdered the swan. I’m sure a shrink would have a a field day deciphering that post

What about the first 10 minutes of Up?

Bambi for me had me shook for all my childhood lord I couldn’t face watching it as an adult. Same with lion king. I went to see some dog movie in kids club last summer and bawled the whole way through it. Love hate didn’t make me bat an eyelid except for when they murdered the swan. I’m sure a shrink would have a a field day deciphering that post

The episode of Love Hate I saw the fella broke the necks off a load of pigeons.
    That had me in the horrors!
    I cried at The Littlest Hobo too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Not to mention Nemo :eek: the mammy dies right off... Even the trailers put me off Dumbo - those tears!

Who makes this stuff for kids, anyway?! Just can't watch 'em.

I'm sure the kids don't notice a lot of it, Pixar realises it's the people paying who you really need to attract.

I'm still traumatised by Bambi from 40 years ago, ikewise a version of Cinderella (not animated) in which a cat got killed. I had to be taken out of the cinema on both occasions I was bawling and kicking up a fuss.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement