Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

kowloon wrote: »
    What about the first 10 minutes of Up?

Absolute killer.. Champ was an old film that kicked me in the ass too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Colleague woke me at 2am to ask me was I the one working at 9am, so that was my sleep pattern destroyed, ugh.

And the request to work at 9am never materialised so all for nothing.

Guess i should go walking and try the pool before it gets to hot, but Nespresso first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

On the bed enjoying the half hour left before I have to get up for deliveries.
    I've a lust for smoothies (though I hate that word) so Im looking for recipes that don't look like theyd taste taste like cold liquidised "vegetals" as that internet cat meme would say.
    Apart from the banana, honey, milk and chocolate smoothie, they all look like they'd be cold and vegetal-ish. Like something youd be forced to drink on a health farm before daily colonic irrigation.

Right I must get up and do something.

A lot going on right now.... One friend is killing herself with drink, never seen anyone look like she does, she won't admit any problems though, serious mental health issues also.... It's terrible, but no-one can do anything for her.....

Another just broke up with her boyfriend of the last few years..... She's in shock, didn't see it coming.....

I'm thinking a lot about my ex these days, not that I ever haven't thought about him, but I'm allowing myself to think for longer, if ya know what I mean! Maybe there's too much time to think these days. Still heartbroken :(

This pandemic is affecting a lot of people in ways you just wouldn't imagine.

Anyway, sun is shining, walk for me & the madra

People have way too much time for thinking these days, but somehow we need to look at the positives rather than dwelling on the negatives. Hang in there and keep the glass half full.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with the sweet stuff, new one tomorrow.
    bubblypop wrote: »
    Still heartbroken :(

*hugs*

break ups suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Breakups are the worst. The last thing you need is too much time to think. The friend situation is sad, but sadly you can’t help anyone who won’t help themselves :( hopefully she sees the light soon and that you’ll all be there to help her.

I’m back in bed. Got up, looked out the window. Said feck that and hopped back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Tableside looking out at the detritus strewn around the garden after last night. The wind is still howling so no point attempting to clean it up yet.

All we need now is some snow to complete the varied weather of this month!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

but sadly you can’t help anyone who won’t help themselves :( .

Ain't that the truth ☹️

Going to Dunnes to do the shopping for ma , I'm expecting qué.

• Advertisement

Lunchside.
    For a second there I completely forgot you-know-what and started my old fun game of "so what'll I get up to this weekend" :o

Sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Couch side, trying to psyche myself up to get of my ar§e and get Dad's lunch. Utterly exhausted today and don't know why. My limbs feel like lead weights. My dyspraxia symptoms seem to be worsening I think because I'm not getting out and about in crowded, busy places - my space and depth perception are suffering. Nearly stepped straight out into the stairwell last night and had to grab the bannister post to stop myself from dropping straight down the stairs. This morning I almost tipped out of the bath when I was showering. If this goes on much longer I'll be bum shuffling down the stairs like I did when I was a kid. Still, on the bright side, it's probably safer if I remsin safely seated as much as possible, isn't it? I mean, it would be terrible if I were to take a tumble while hoovering the stairs or lose my balance when tidying up wouldn't it? Yes, think it's better all round if I stay sitting as still as possible for as long as possible. That's sorted, then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sitting looking at the wave's on Portmarnock's Velvet Strand and wishing I could go in, but its a little dangerous today esp with no life guards until June 01 and I'd be alone, not worth the risk.

No solid plans for later. I put on a bit of weight from a combination of working crazy shifts due to Covid-19, my daughter is an out of work chef who's been stuffing me with all sorts of wonderful cakes and biscuits, and tbh drinking way too much.

So I've knocked the carbs and drink on the head and set to lose the weight I've gained. I'm always training but there's an old saying 'You can't out train a bad diet', so I've gained a few Ibs lol

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Lunchside.
    For a second there I completely forgot you-know-what and started my old fun game of "so what'll I get up to this weekend" :o

Sigh.

Great what are having I'm starved 😜

Just back from doing the shopping for ma , absolutely mental, 40 minute qué 😏

Made the smoothie/fruit milkshake.
    Really fast and easy.
    The effect of trying something new is great, I am now casting arpund for something new to try again.

Speaking of food and weight, Ive become slightly squishy and filled out in only 10 days or so (first change Ive seen in myself so far). For me this is excellent as I have appetite loss. And its nice to enjoy food instead of only cooking for others :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside at home in my study/home office/ spare room. One Zoom based lecture delivered this morning ... and the final class of the academic year at 3pm. Yippee!! :D

Very windy and blustery day outside with showers. In fairness, we’ve had very little rain over the past 7 weeks or so in Dublin - April was remarkably dry so rain is probably needed at this stage.

Going off to the kitchen to make some lunch. Keep safe and well Wherers! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

afternoon all :) how's everyone?

I got an injection in my tummy today in the Drs, ouchie :(

I'm couchside, relaxing now

Great what are having I'm starved ��

"We" had Spanish omelette with Philadelphia on top and we enjoyed it immensely :) And some liquorice with a mug of Lyons after.

Those supermarket queues are so annoying right? And I seem to attract every mad wan who wants to give out and moan in them for some reason. Need to work harder on my resting b*ch face. :P
    Made the smoothie/fruit milkshake. Really fast and easy.
    Widders I sometimes add vanilla protein powder to smoothies - I think it helps with sateity and can mask any sludgy taste if you overdo the greens. And try sprinkling seeds like promegrantes or coconut flakes and cinnamon top after blending if you haven't. Adds a little something. Mint leaves work great in them too.

Great what are having I'm starved 😜

Just back from doing the shopping for ma , absolutely mental, 40 minute qué ðŸ˜

Did you wear a mask?

I'm off shortly to go do the banking and the pension etc for my mam/gran. I have a very lovely mask to wear that my Mam's cousin made for me. She made a few and they're all so nice. Still feel a bit self conscious about it. It's so silly to be feeling like that I know, but I really do.

Some very interesting studies done on the efficacy though, so I'm on board but shy about it.

Bedside, sleepy
    Cali_girl wrote: »
    with a mug of Lyons after.

I see

200.gif

:pac:
    Did you wear a mask?

I don't but I probably should start wearing one, you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :)

Making lunch now and reading all your stories I’m famished :D

I did the shopping yesterday and it took me over 30 minutes to get into Dunnes and the amount of people clothes shopping was an eye opener

Weather wise it’s a bit windy and the sun is doing its best to shine through the clouds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

45 mins and then I'm free to do what I want any old time.....well not exactly as I've two kids but you get my drift... :D

IT'S MRI DAY!!!!!!!!!!

This means I get to feel like I'm in a womb and go snoozy snooze for 40 minutes :D

*better than thinking that it will be like being in a coffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

IT'S MRI DAY!!!!!!!!!!

This means I get to feel like I'm in a womb and go snoozy snooze for 40 minutes :D

*better than thinking that it will be like being in a coffin.

Do you think they will find a brain?

Do you think they will find a brain?

Jesus I hope not Panda. I'd feel a bit strange having a brain in my neck and shoulder.

:p

Yeah I was mightily shocked when I had my MRI and they discovered a heart.

Yeah I was mightily shocked when I had my MRI and they discovered a heart.

:D

Yippee I got to work today, off to the beach and back, 2 hours each way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Tableside looking out at the detritus strewn around the garden after last night. The wind is still howling so no point attempting to clean it up yet.

All we need now is some snow to complete the varied weather of this month!

It's migration season for garden trampolines, I'd keep inside as they're notoriously aggressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Jeez it's wild out there, no let up on it all morning, just went to the local village for a few necessities, didn't want to risk driving into town in those high winds. Homeside now and contemplating lighting the fire for the first time in a few weeks, it's that kind of day.

I was very shocked when they told me I had epilepsy because I wasn’t sure it was a functioning organ. But sure look there you have it.
    Got a bewwheee (beauty) delivery there today, thank the lord I’m home alone and I got a new eyeliner (amongst other things)
    Of course I had to get stuck in, my winged eyeliner is on fleek. I’ve a colour ball in my hair so I’ve an orange forehead and a serious eye makeup. Lord it’s tough at the top

https://ibb.co/yg1V3L3 I mean would you be able for that wing though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I still have the disc from my last mri, I got some giggle out of it.. The scroll wheel on the mouse turns it into a freaky animation

I’ve a colour ball in my hair so I’ve an orange forehead and a serious eye makeup.

What's a colour ball and why have you painted your forehead with it? :confused:
    Eye makeup is good though.

Colour ball is like a colour conditioner for your hair. I put in a copper one to lift my natural colour a bit and to condition it and obviously you’ve to use gloves applying it. A big blob fell off the glove onto my forehead, and I had to scoop it off. Wasnt bothered scrubbing it while colour ball was in, when I could scrub it in the shower instead. Got it off bar a tiny little stain :D

I don't but I probably should start wearing one, you?

I wore one. I felt embarrassed tbh but at the same time I felt less anxious than I have been feeling lately when I'm out and about.

I matched my mask to my outfit. Which is no doubt a bit sad but maybe that's the future or the present even. Trendy masks, matching them like you might your handbag. Are Chanel doing masks? Must get one! :D:D

I wear a mask on public transport and in shops, i have been wearing it more since Monday with the added influx of people from phase one reopening

Finished,1st week back at work

I wear a mask on public transport and in shops, i have been wearing it more since Monday with the added influx of people from phase one reopening

Public transport is definitely the place to wear one. I haven't used it in ages but I'd definitely wear a mask if I was these days. My cousin made loads and sent to me and my parents. It was such a nice thing to do and I'm so grateful cause I'd been considering making us some and I couldn't make a salad nevermind sew something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

You and me both :D

Writing my book in the kitchen. Wondered why I have heartburn which I never get and then I remembered. Lol. Duh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Just getting dinner ready and afterwards have an AA meeting via Zoom.

OH doesn’t want dinner and has been in bed all day. :( He was on the phone to one of his sisters earlier, ended up having a row with her over an issue from a few years back that he dragged up again and she doesn’t want to hear about and has now sunk into a low. Since the lockdown he’s been having so much spare time to ruminate over things that are really not good or healthy for him. But all I can do is support him and offer him advice.

Sorry for that little vent. I’m fine myself and am looking forward to chilling over the weekend. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

JupiterKid wrote:
    Sorry for that little vent. I’m fine myself and am looking forward to chilling over the weekend.

It's not nice seeing a loved one suffering JupiterKid. Glad to hear you're keeping positive though.

Writing my book in the kitchen. Wondered why I have heartburn which I never get and then I remembered. Lol. Duh.

What's the book about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Finished my 1st week of working full time from home, looks like it will be at least until the end of the year, work is very quiet at the moment so it's taking no more than two or three hours of my day, absolutely suits me down to the ground, no work commute, work at my own pace, generally work in the morning as I'm an early riser anyway and then for the rest of the day my time is my own :D

All picture no sound here, both of us not very well.. Lockdown syndrome I reckon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Glitchy glitch

I’m couchside deciding what to do tonight :)

• Advertisement

One of my hens calling the others to indicate snacks, I think she's taking over rooster duties.

What type of masks are you talking about and why are you wearing them? If they are home made then they are great for trapping your germs and decreasing the spread distance, so they are beneficial to others and not so much to you if someone coughs in your face. If they are N95 or greater then they will offer you protection, but these can be hard to wear all day especially when its hot.

I wear masks every time i leave this room, depending on where I’m going, it will either be a normal surgical mask, or a N95.

I also wear gloves, but these are really to remind myself not to touch my face and i keep them sanitised all of the time.

One of my hens calling the others to indicate snacks, I think she's taking over rooster duties.

Really?. That's brilliant

As the weather in Ireland appears to be crap today, I decided to share some sunshine with you :)

513943.jpeg

What's the book about?
    It's just historical fiction, with time travel :D
    Set in Clare and Carcasonne :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement