Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just awake, it’s freezing!! Got to make a trip outside today and I’m fuming about it. I’ll get it over and done with quickly.

And I'm committed an open water swim at 1pm (high tide in Dublin), I'll be packing a flask of Bovil and a hot water bottle :(

Just had coffee & toast with Marmite, thick with Marmite actually :D

Wonder what excuse I could use to get out of the swim :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Waiting all week for this ....."The Last Dance"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

And I'm committed an open water swim at 1pm (high tide in Dublin), I'll be packing a flask of Bovil and a hot water bottle :(

Just had coffee & toast with Marmite, thick with Marmite actually :D

Wonder what excuse I could use to get out of the swim :P
    I reckon go with facts Mak. “I’m not a lunatic and don’t want to die” :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

it's nice down here, bit windy though.

Back couchside, coffee & toast with honey.

I reckon go with facts Mak. “I’m not a lunatic and don’t want to die” :D

Its funny but I dread and love it in equal measure. Like I know its gonna be Baltic cold for a minute or two, then once I control my breathing and stroke I'll be loving it and I'll get out feeling on top of the world and buzzing for the rest of the day :D

The winds and wave height will be the deciding factor, if its too dangerous I'll go for a run on the beach, but I'm hoping for a swim.

I'd love to swim with Richo (my dog) but when he see's me going into the sea he stresses very bad so I can't even bring him with me.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    it's nice down here, bit windy though.

Back couchside, coffee & toast with honey.

I used to love my toast dripping with honey, but when I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2017 honey had to go off the menu :mad:

Enjoy (my taste buds are watering now).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I used to love my toast dripping with honey, but when I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2017 honey had to go off the menu :mad:

Enjoy (my taste buds are watering now).

Are you trying to turn me into a secret eater?

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Openly and unashamedly tearing into my second slice of marmite on toast here. A coating of butter and a thick layer of marmite. Mmmmmm umami heaven.....

I slept terribly last night. Well I always do because of chronic pain but last night was the worst in ages. But... Here's the really weird thing.. I'm in a bloody great mood today!!! What's that about?? I'm grumpy in the mornings on the best of days but today I got up with a spring in my step! I'm in the kitchen about to cook a huge batch of homemade dinners for the doggos. I don't feed them exclusively home made but I like to give them part kibble, part fresh cooked meats and what have you. Keeps things interesting for them.

The weather's been nice all morning but looking like rain now. Hope my mood doesn't change with the weather! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Listening to the Puff Daddy version of "missing you". Its not as stalker-esque as The Police's version.

Only people with something to hide object to being watched by The Police. -_-

That's why it's easier with T1, you just adjust the insulin to account for it.
    I slept terribly last night. Well I always do because of chronic pain but last night was the worst in ages.

Sorry to hear that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

kowloon wrote: »
    Only people with something to hide object to being watched by The Police. -_-

Ha! Im 1/2 Scorpio, I have many things to hide from The Police :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :)

A bit windy here today but the sun is shining through the clouds :)

Murder, she wrote time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Flaked out on the couch after morning exertions. Shopping online for something I dont need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Soft day, only 46 degrees

514027.jpeg

Ha! Im 1/2 Scorpio, I have many things to hide from The Police :D:D:D

How can you be half Scorpio? I thought it was entirely based on your birthday?

How can you be half Scorpio? I thought it was entirely based on your birthday?

It's my Moon Sign.
    Its as important as the ones everyone knows which we call our starsign.
    Theres apps and sites who calculate your moon and other signs in 60 seconds based onyour birthdate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Today's and tomorrow's dinners nearly cooked. Homemade chicken roulade and roast veg for today and chicken a la king for tomorrow. Starving, will be demolishing shortly

It's my Moon Sign.
    Its as important as the ones everyone knows which we call our starsign.
    Theres apps and sites who calculate your moon and other signs in 60 seconds based onyour birthdate.

Honestly never heard of that. I'm a Taurus apparently, I produce a lot of bull****. I was something else by the regular star sign thing in papers.
    Today's and tomorrow's dinners nearly cooked. Homemade chicken roulade and roast veg for today and chicken a la king for tomorrow. Starving, will be demolishing shortly

I had a bit of a raspberry roulade the other day, but I'm thinking your one doesn't just substitute the raspberries with chicken.

Honestly never heard of that. I'm a Taurus apparently, I produce a lot of bull****. I was something else by the regular star sign thing in papers.

I'm still learning about Taurus, used to have personality clashes with them when I was a baby Aries (Aries are a bit bolshy until we mellow/are tempered by life experience) but if you were classed as a different sign, you might be "on the cusp" so I think you could kind of be a hybrid with one of the signs on either side of Taurus, either Gemini, or Aries.

Bull*** is probably good for the garden :)

Sorry about the orange hand symvol, I must have clicked sonething by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Peeks in around the door ........
    Hi everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Peeks in around the door ........
    Hi everyone :)

Ah look who it is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

afternoon all :) how's everyone?

Couchside and relaxing. I'm delighted that casualty is back on TV tonight :D

Tummy is getting better, probably end up with a bruise but oh well

Delighted to see you back Skybird :)

Missed ye guys ! Things have been a bit mad here but all settling now . Couchside with pringles yum 😋

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Missed ye guys ! Things have been a bit mad here but all settling now . Couchside with pringles yum 😋

Ah look who it is!. Welcome back :)

Couchside listening to rain..

No rain here ....yet ! Now Carpark in the woods waiting for the muddy boys

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Work trundle.

Goat's cheese, red onion, sweet beetroot and black pepper sandwich in the toaster and tea on the way.

Listening to Sara Bareilles, and wondering about someone. A bit of a mystery. I sometimes want to help to the point I dont see that Im dealing with something unhealthy and should be avoiding. Need to be a bit more cautious in my current condition.

Oh yes. Someone said to me that a bit of camping is do-able now.

If you had permission for the campground. 3 or 4 people? Or maybe if we distanced, more? Anyone know?

I got out for a lovely swim with some friends this afternoon, I was only out of the water and drying when I checked my distance, 770m.. I'm bloody kicking myself, had I know I was that close to the 1k I'd have went on. But I'll bank that for another day this week, maybe tomorrow if the weather permits.

Oh, brought a flask of Bovril for my post swim warm up.. It was like it was heaven sent :)

This evening, I'll walk Richo shortly then early to bed with my Kindle and a glass of two of Powers.

• Advertisement

Goat's cheese, red onion, sweet beetroot and black pepper sandwich in the toaster and tea on the way.

Droooool :pac:

I got out for a lovely swim with some friends this afternoon, I was only out of the water and drying when I checked my distance, 770m.. I'm bloody kicking myself, had I know I was that close to the 1k I'd have went on. But I'll bank that for another day this week, maybe tomorrow if the weather permits.

Stupid question but what does one use to measure swimming distance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

On the couch drinking, wife having a WhatsApp argument with the sisters while I google sweets from the 80s .

I'd love a Terry's pyramint now.

Stupid question but what does one use to measure swimming distance?

No such a thing as a stupid, only stupid answers.

I use a Garmin 735XT GPS watch, it has profiles for all sorts of sports so I put it on the swim profile. The GPS doesn't work under water so when you stop the GPS measures your swim from point A to B, it also calculates your swim strokes to give a more accurate distance.

Tbh any GPS watch will do too, but most don't have a pool profile, this one does but I think it'll be a long time before I'm back in a pool. But that said I get a massive buzz from the sea that you just can not replicate in the pool. It leaves me with a high for the rest of the day, and although I should shower immediately when I'm home I often just lay about feeling my skin alive, its like a tingle from the cold water and salts. You'd think I was mad if I was to lay it all out here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Glad to see you braved the day Mak. Sounds like my worst nightmare. My head would get dizzy if I looked out at a large body of water. But you clearly enjoyed it!

Had a lovely day, just chilling out now. Had one job to get done but it was smooth sailing after that. Still watching money heist

Goat's cheese, red onion, sweet beetroot and black pepper sandwich in the toaster

That sounds delicious Widders!!!

Not sure on the camping. Is it within 5km of all your homes?

I'm still in a great mood, amazingly. In the kitchen, only making dinner now. Staaaarrvviiiing!

• Advertisement

That sounds delicious Widders!!!

Not sure on the camping. Is it within 5km of all your homes?

I'm still in a great mood, amazingly. In the kitchen, only making dinner now. Staaaarrvviiiing!

Ijust had Brennan's white sliced pan which let it down.

Whichever potential campsite we choose would be close to a couple of us but not all of us. At least 2 or 3 would have to travel, however, we all travel further than the potential campsites to do our shopping where we walk almost shoulder to shoulder past a shop full of strangers in very narrow aisles, who may not have been isolating at all. We're no more infectious meeting 15 kms away than 5km away. We won't be visiting pubs (obviously) or shops (as we bring everything we need) so if we *did* harbour the virus, we would not be spreading it to distant villages/towns. If we transmittedto one another that could happen if we met within the 5kms. But honestly my brain shorts out so easily these days I dont know what to think.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Got a load of housework done today - floors vacuumed and mopped, some stuff cleared away, dusting, bathroom cleaned, plants watered and a big wash done as well. OH still in bed but hopefully he’ll surface for dinner.

Pretty tired now - was gonna go for a walk in the park but think I’ll give it a miss this evening and pig out on a big tub of Ben & Jerrys caramel chew chew instead! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

My two happy loved ones around me in our home made cinema watching The Return of Jafar. Curly Wurlys are appearing. :D I'm suppin' a beer. Can't beat it!

Couchside watching Sing on RTE :)

In work, they are just piling it on here, eff em, i shall prevail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

On the couch about to start Dead to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

No such a thing as a stupid, only stupid answers.

I use a Garmin 735XT GPS watch, it has profiles for all sorts of sports so I put it on the swim profile. The GPS doesn't work under water so when you stop the GPS measures your swim from point A to B, it also calculates your swim strokes to give a more accurate distance.

Tbh any GPS watch will do too, but most don't have a pool profile, this one does but I think it'll be a long time before I'm back in a pool. But that said I get a massive buzz from the sea that you just can not replicate in the pool. It leaves me with a high for the rest of the day, and although I should shower immediately when I'm home I often just lay about feeling my skin alive, its like a tingle from the cold water and salts. You'd think I was mad if I was to lay it all out here.

The only mad thing I took from your post is that people still buy Bovril :D

To thine own self be true

The only mad thing I took from your post is that people still buy Bovril :D

Marmite in the morning and Bovril after a swim, a winning combo :D

Just back from a beach doggie walk, the beach was wet, windy, wild and most of all it was empty save for me and Richo.

So he'll settle for the evening now all content with himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Having a sandwich, tomorrows dinner sorted , murders on the TV , book beside me and feet up .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside drinking coke
    Deskside with the sweet stuff "Brazilian Ouro Preto" please stand by for sephers verdict 😸

Hmm this was very I must say, the flavour had a lovely cherry with hint of honey to it, you could taste the honey almost it tickled your tongue and there's a bit of kick to it despite it only being a medium roast and I felt a bit loopy headed after it 🤪🤪🤪 ye will be happy to know it get the sephers stamp of approval 😎😎😸

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Got a load of housework done today - floors vacuumed and mopped, some stuff cleared away, dusting, bathroom cleaned, plants watered and a big wash done as well. OH still in bed but hopefully he’ll surface for dinner.

Pretty tied now - was gonna go for a walk in the park but think I’ll give it a miss this evening and pig out on a big tub of Ben & Jerrys caramel chew chew instead! :pac:

Sorry to hear your OH is going through a tough time. I hope your doing ok Jupiter, I imagine that must be hard on you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Seph, I found nice coffee.
    It's Machu picchu, by Cafedirect. I think it's organic. Ill check next time I get off my bum. Its much nicer than that other organic one Grumpy Mule which tastes like floor sweepings.

p.

Nicer than the roaring ass then? 🤔

🤭🤭
    I ! I'm in the kitchen about to cook a huge batch of homemade dinners for the doggos. I don't feed them exclusively home made but I like to give them part kibble, part fresh cooked meats and what have you. Keeps things interesting for them.

Ohhh cooking the doggos fancy dinner hmm! What did you cook for the poor kitty's hmmmm?

:pac: 😸😸🤭

Ohhh cooking the doggos fancy dinner hmm! What did you cook for the poor kitty's hmmmm?

:pac: 😸😸🀭

Ah jaysus, how did I not see that coming!! :D

The cats get some of the dogs chicken and some of their fish when I make that. And they get the occasional sardine. But they're lucky anyway, because they get two different types of food, one for breakfast and one for dinner and the one they get for breakfast comes in lots of flavours so they're never bored anyways.

So now if your not going to charge me with feline rights violations, then this questioning is over Detective Inspector!

Ah now Seph we know you like your coffee but come on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Marmite in the morning and Bovril after a swim, a winning combo :D

You're a unique one :D

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement