Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Another washout (blowout?) of a day and another glitch.

It'd drive me to drink if I wasn't a pioneer now. :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ah jaysus, how did I not see that coming!! :D

The cats get some of the dogs chicken and some of their fish when I make that. And they get the occasional sardine. But they're lucky anyway, because they get two different types of food, one for breakfast and one for dinner and the one they get for breakfast comes in lots of flavours so they're never bored anyways.

So now if your not going to charge me with feline rights violations, then this questioning is over Detective Inspector!

Yes its over.......for now that is

giphy.gif

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    Ah now Seph we know you like your coffee but come on :D

What are implying auto hmmm :pac: :-P ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

**opens windows**

Either Seph is lying, or Auto is passing the blame.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It feels like a night for eating one's feelings, pity i didn't pack much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Bed....honest to God but I'm bored off my tits....just want to get to normal.

Anyone want a dropped hand?...meh...can't be be bothered.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I think I'm hungry again.Reading something about muses. Its actually a cr*p life, musicians & their kind only care if you look striking, so they can feel something based on the visual stimulation. As they quickly bore, they need constant novelty, so they cease to appreciate their muse. if they don't have someone looking muse-worthy theyre kind of dead inside. Muses usually end up dead inside and outside or destroyed from drink and drugs and disappointment.Rather be a mother and wife than that nonsense. I don't think it would even be worth looking back on when you're an old lady. As my friend used to say, that's a balls, mate.

Grateful to be in bed and NOT on any kind of adventure tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

gifted wrote: »
    Bed....honest to God but I'm bored off my tits....just want to get to normal.

Bored off your tits AND dropping hands, well i never!

Bedside, in bad form all day,did very little and my own laziness annoyed me,total waste of a day tbh. Don't think tomorrow will be much better tbh,I've been so good for the last few weeks diet and exercise wise but it all fell apart on Thursday, ate and drank way too much and now I feel I might as well forget about it,the annoying thing is it was all working, looked and felt so much better, I'm my own worse enemy . Hope ye are all doing well.

• Advertisement

Duvet, one day doesn't unpick weeks, plus, treat days are allowed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Can’t believe I just watched Baby driver and it was rubbish, Overhyped rubbish at that

Heading to bed now :)

Duvet we all have bad days and they are allowed ((hugs))

Thanks girls, need to get back on track, it's either hormones, the weather or starting to come out of lockdown but I've been so happy the last few weeks and now I'm the complete opposite, ffs.

Humidity has me withered a bit. It's temporary don't let it bog you down too much..

Work.
    Just one night thankfully!!

Seems I've scored 😏

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    Work.
    Just one night thankfully!!

Two nights for me then annual leave though i'll be fielding a few phone calls, texts and emails because of a meeting. Sod it. i'll be at home..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside, wide awake :(

Not so good, what's up AW?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Not so good, what's up AW?.

Mixture of a sore tummy and insomnia keeping me awake, hope I can sleep. How you doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Wide awake too. Made the mistake of falling asleep during the day. Reminds me of the worst part of shift work: Bring awake at night while everyone else was asleep. We're not built for isolation, even the introverts.

• Advertisement

Hope both of you can manage a rest soon.. Bed in seven hours for me, hopefully i'll get more than the broken stuff i've been getting lately :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Awakeside. But it's a lovely day. Reading a scary book and pretending I'm on holidays. With the sea and maybe some Bovril. :)

Also had a nothing day yesterday. Just about made it to the shops for foods, as everything is closed today.

In a weird mood. Energy is at about 1, but mind is at 10. Have to be productive somehow today.

Hope you're close to a good sleep Grem, and the rest of ye are sleeping soundly.

Edit - Now I want a beetroot and goat's cheese toastie. Hmmm, maybe with walnuts. Damn you Widders!!

Within an asses roar of a sleep now ;) Hope your mind pulls on the brakes soon..

Ahh home. Me & doggo on the sofa under a blanket......
    Will go for a walk in an hour or so, the weather can't make up its mind!

Ahh home. Me & doggo on the sofa under a blanket......
    Will go for a walk in an hour or so, the weather can't make up its mind!

You have a dog? We need pics!.

Awakeside. But it's a lovely day. Reading a scary book and pretending I'm on holidays. With the sea and maybe some Bovril. :)

Also had a nothing day yesterday. Just about made it to the shops for foods, as everything is closed today.

In a weird mood. Energy is at about 1, but mind is at 10. Have to be productive somehow today.

Hope you're close to a good sleep Grem, and the rest of ye are sleeping soundly.

Edit - Now I want a beetroot and goat's cheese toastie. Hmmm, maybe with walnuts. Damn you Widders!!

What book is it ? Love scary books.

Bedside just awake with a sleepy head on 😴

You have a dog? We need pics!.

I'll try!
    He has that sad face thing going on, but I swear the dog has the best life :)

Also, he is old now, but when he gets his hair cut he looks like a pup!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Morning such a lovely morning here is so sunny and warm . Outside playing in sand pit already it’s going to be a long day :) but a nice one . Bbq later can’t wait for it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Drinking tea and slowly re-energising.
    Good sleep, remembered I have a huge squidgy wool mattress topper washed and stored in the wardrobe and put it back on the bed and I was nearly comatose, I slept so deeply. Maybe too deeply. Might need coffee next.

Emails to reply to next.

Duvet, heard of the 5:2 diet? You could call yours something like that. 5 days of healthy food and 2 days to eat other things. The fact that youre noticing a bad effect from the day off from healthy foods shows the healthy foods are working well for you. Its a bit like smoking. I gave up before pregnancy, by telling myself that if I choose not to smoke today, I am now a non smoker. Whatever I did yesterday is irrelevant, only today's choice matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Trying to think of birthday presents for the wonderful Mrs Happy. But struggling big time. Send inspiration.

• Advertisement

I'll try!
    He has that sad face thing going on, but I swear the dog has the best life :)

Also, he is old now, but when he gets his hair cut he looks like a pup!

He's gorgeous! look at the sad little face on him :3 .

Deskside with the sweet stuff, bliss!

Morning all,gorgeous sunny morning here,hope it lasts.

@Widders, thanks for the advice, I totally agree with you, I think it's that bloody Fitbit that's making me feel guilty, I had at least 10000 steps down every day since I started wearing it weeks ago apart from an odd day that I knew I needed a rest day but I didn't walk Wednesday, Thursday or Friday and it was on my mind all the time, I did go yesterday but apart from that walk I was mainly couchside, I'm the type of person who starts stuff and then throws in the towel but I've seen so many benefits from this that I really don't want to pack it in,I can't let the weather be a deterrent because it's so changeable here, I'm just going to have to cop on....don't talk to me about smoking, another thing I have to sort out.

Still bedside here.

Bedside hoping Sephers slides over a coffee and some toast.

Go for a walk today Duvet and tell yourself you're back on the healthy wagon. The weather the last 2 days didn't help any of us.

Trying to think of birthday presents for the wonderful Mrs Happy. But struggling big time. Send inspiration.

What kind of stuff does she like? Any hobbies?

What kind of stuff does she like? Any hobbies?

At the moment its jogging and learning piano and home vegetable growing.
    If only things were normal and a weekend in Monart was arrangable!

Bedside hoping Sephers slides over a coffee and some toast.

Go for a walk today Duvet and tell yourself you're back on the healthy wagon. The weather the last 2 days didn't help any of us.

No problem

*dons barista apron*

WaryQuerulousAlligatorsnappingturtle-size_restricted.gif

Fitbit?

What about clothes from Urban Decay/Nike/Addidas, set a date for a couple of months time and tell her you will book the Monart for that weekend if things are back to normal, online jewellery or online perfume/makeup. Gardening 'thingies', a wad of cash 😂?

What about clothes from Urban Decay/Nike/Addidas, set a date for a couple of months time and tell her you will book the Monart for that weekend if things are back to normal, online jewellery or online perfume/makeup. Gardening 'thingies', a wad of cash 😂?

A wad of cash is just slightly worse than my current best idea....a Tesco voucher!

But I reckon the other ideas are good. I need to stop panicking and get my brain working.

@steph... A Fitbit was birthday pressie I got her in 2016!

Glitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Grass needs a cut. Weather looks good today so worth doing it.

A hamper with fancy gardening gloves, fancy wellies, some garden tool thingys, a nice hand soap, hand scrub and hand cream set, bath/shower wash, body lotion and candle.

Get luxury brands for the skincare stuff and you can always include a card with "IOU a stay at Monart" if you think it's necessary.

A hamper with fancy gardening gloves, fancy wellies, some garden tool thingys, a nice hand soap, hand scrub and hand cream set, bath/shower wash, body lotion and candle.

Get luxury brands for the skincare stuff and you can always include a card with "IOU a stay at Monart" if you think it's necessary.

That's not bad thinking there! The effort of putting the hamper together will be appreciated big time. Shows dedication.

That's not bad thinking there! The effort of putting the hamper together will be appreciated big time. Shows dedication.

The actual hamper itself could be something that could be used as storage in the house or something you can plant things in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Decided to paint a bedside locker yesterday. Put on the primer last night, now going down to see how it dried out.

Place like a bomb hit it down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Not long awake. I don't normally sleep in, but then I don't normally get a night of the most fvcked up dreams either. I'd a lot of sleep disturbance just down to mad messed up dreams.

So (hope this doesn't get to be a bore) just had my coffee, Marmite and toast and just about ready to catch an hour of swimming before the high tide (I wish I had a body board too).

Then my daughter has my day planned, do the floors, windows, gardens and wash her car.. We've a tree which leaks sap all over the cars this time of year, I've to clean her's because she blames me for not chopping the tree down lol

Hope you've all had a good Saturday night in the clubs dancing into the early hours lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The sun is shining, dinner is sorted , got a phone call from oldest munchkin to tell me I'll be getting a delivery of cupcakes this afternoon after herself and her Mam are finished baking yaaaaayyyy!

Think I'll sit outside in the sun for half an hour with a book , have a lovely day all you nice people :)

anewme wrote: »
    Decided to paint a bedside locker yesterday. Put on the primer last night, now going down to see how it dried out.

Place like a bomb hit it down there.

How's the locker looking?

Dublin City centre at nighttime is very surreal now.
    empty streets, when usually they are full....
    It's amazing to see.

It's amazing to see.

I saw pictures of Grafton Street with grass growing on the paving, it's amazing how quickly nature takes over.

They'll have to get G in with his lawnmower. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It's amazing to see.

28 Days Later, give it long enough and it'll be I Am Legend.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement