Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :)

Sun is shining and it’s one of my best friends birthday today so a special delivery will be happening :)

Have a great day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

kowloon wrote: »
    28 Days Later, give it long enough and it'll be I Am Legend.

Ooh. Is Cillian Murphy around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Garden furniture back in action. A shower and a walk to buy dessert soon. Feckin hell, I love the sunny weather!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Aaaaaaaaagh why am I awake? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Cupcakes and chocolate chip cookies dropped off !
    Plus youngest son was here for a few minutes (to borrow lawnmower :p) , lovely to see him , I'm happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Home, and what a bloody day out there.. Got a 900m swim done, I should have pushed for the 1k but I was getting bashed about with a fast incoming tide and thought it safer to head for my marker and finish up.

Also I'm fair skinned and had no sun block on. Got out and soaked up the glorious sunshine on the beach before hunger make me get my ass home. Nothing works up a hunger like swimming.

The peace of mind swimming gives is unreal.

Daughter isn't home to make me do my chores so I'll cheat and put my feet up for a bit :)

Watching Ireland on Call on RTE ONE right now, and watching staff in hospitals, real hero's each and every one of them. The camera's are in the Mater's ICU unit right now, I'm in awe of these staff members.

When this Covid crisis blows over these guys more than deserve their time on a sunny beach and warm sea's. Sobering stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

How's the locker looking?

Rotten!

It’s going to be donated to my Mum and a new one bought......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Lovely clear sky last night, at this stage of the day I thought that I was flying back into 14 days quarantine (again). So I was enjoying every moment, luckily they sorted out the issue so no quarantine :):)

514139.jpeg

514140.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Had a relaxing but productive day none the less, dinner cooked early and enough for tomorrow. Carpet washing was a major success from last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

anewme wrote: »
    Rotten!

It’s going to be donated to my Mum and a new one bought......

It's just the primer though, it'll look better when it's painted fully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Having an ice cold glass of bailey's on the veranda which makes me sound more sophisticated than I am.
    And thankful for help from someone earlier today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Showered, now for tea before work..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

evening all, how's everyone?

I eventually fell asleep around 3 or 4

Couchside now, having the chats on Whatsapp :)

evening all, how's everyone?

I eventually fell asleep around 3 or 4

Couchside now, having the chats on Whatsapp :)

How are you feeling now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

How are you feeling now?

Not too bad, tummy is ok again and I'm a bit groggy but could be worse :)

Have to be up early in the morning so I'll head to bed early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Showered, now for tea before work..

Do you ever get a day off? :(

To thine own self be true

Tired.
    Reading in the kitchen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Complete waste of a day. Polaxed by migraine. The pain didn't last long or even warrant pain relief but the post drome is truly awful. Dizzy, groggy, dopey, heavy limbed and utterly exhausted. Barely feeding dad. Poor thing, I may as well not even be here today.

Hope the rest of you had a better Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Complete waste of a day. Polaxed by migraine. The pain didn't last long or even warrant pain relief but the post drome is truly awful. Dizzy, groggy, dopey, heavy limbed and utterly exhausted. Barely feeding dad. Poor thing, I may as well not even be here today.

Hope the rest of you had a better Sunday.

Nothing worse....feel better soon Sardi-cat

• Advertisement

Had a lovely day. Love days like today. Not too hot but warm enough for getting outside and getting stuff done.
    Went to a local forest for a walk. Was rammers but plenty of space to avoid people.
    Then came home and did some yoga outside. Haven't done that in ages.

Got loads done today. Now sitting out on the patio , having a BBQ, relaxing. Had a lovely long chat with my brother this evening via skype. Can't wait to see him again. Can't wait to see all my brothers again tbf!

Do you ever get a day off? :(

I'll be on holiday from tomorrow morning bar a few calls etc :D

If you're on leave, you're on leave.
    Turn the phone off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and a guinness chocolate cupcakes that my little brother made !

Deskside with a cupan tae and a guinness chocolate cupcakes that my little brother made !

A pic Seph, damn it!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A pic Seph, damn it!!

15903479159178139481667708968045.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Cupcakes that look like a pint or cupcakes made with it? Could be both I suppose.

Edit: I Should refresh the tab before I ask a question.

Cupcakes that look like a pint or cupcakes made with it? Could be both I suppose.

Edit: I Should refresh the tab before I ask a question.

Valid Question........made with it ;)

Not so tired now :) Don't mind physical tiredness as much as mental. I can't make a living without ideas.

Valid Question........made with it ;)

Ooh buttercream on top?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Damn, that cupcake looks delicious!

The book underneath looks like it might be a little harder to digest though :pac:

On the balcony chilling out after an afternoon of drone flying and taking photos in the regional park...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Class evening and my glass is half full. :)

"Working" from home tomorrow so will roll myself to the laptop at the latest opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Delighted to hear that, Grem. You most definitely deserve a break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Wrecked-side.

I did washing and work-admin stuff, and ate a sandwich, and fell asleep at every opportunity. I don't know - that surgery took it out of me. I'm almost a stone lighter than I was last month - and I'm not looking to drop weight. I want curves and not angles.

Dreading work tomorrow. My energy is just not there ATM.

Sardi, hope the after effects of the migraine have buggered off now.

Fluffy, you sure you should be going in?.

Deskside trying to ignore biscuits that are like sirens in my bag :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The weekend went way too quick there. Got nothing of value done but am very relaxed.

Gin & tonics time :)
    Off for the next 5 days. Woo hoo

Wrecked-side.

I did washing and work-admin stuff, and ate a sandwich, and fell asleep at every opportunity. I don't know - that surgery took it out of me. I'm almost a stone lighter than I was last month - and I'm not looking to drop weight. I want curves and not angles.

Dreading work tomorrow. My energy is just not there ATM.

I'll trade you some of that weight. I'm only on the first week of my 'stop eating so much you fat disgrace' diet.

I'm just here, blow-drying a chair, sure what else would ya be doin' on a Sunday evening.

I spilled blackcurrant cordial on one of the dining chairs. Why am I so feckin' clumsy!!!

I'm just here, blow-drying a chair, sure what else would ya be doin' on a Sunday evening.

I spilled blackcurrant cordial on one of the dining chairs. Why am I so feckin' clumsy!!!

At least it wasn't milk!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

kowloon wrote:
    I'll trade you some of that weight. I'm only on the first week of my 'stop eating so much you fat disgrace' diet.

I've pencilled that diet in for after the next bank holiday weekend. Good luck!

I destroyed a keyboard with milk, couldn't clean it properly, ended up taking the easy route and buying a new keyboard. Which I killed with water. I hope the keyboard I have now has a long and happy life.

Sardi, hope the after effects of the migraine have buggered off now.

Fluffy, you sure you should be going in?.

Deskside trying to ignore biscuits that are like sirens in my bag :o

Ah, it's a tricky one. I'm a lead on an interesting (sometimes) part of an international project, but there are more pressing parts of the project where I could just be kicked off to. So I have to keep working and make profit for our poor, starved company. :)

I would move happily, but my OH lives very close to where I am now, and I don't want to do the long distance / travel over weekends stuff (again), so I'm kinda working to keep myself here for the moment.

#ratrace

#EatABiscuit! :)

I've pencilled that diet in for after the next bank holiday weekend. Good luck!

I was looking at the time to burn off calories on an exercise bike, the screen on it tells you how many calories you burn. I'm hoping it's wrong because it's working out as 9 hours on the bike a day to burn off just under 2000 calories. Not sure I'm good for 9 hours.

True. Or yoghurt. Bleugh!

Heeeey. Well, that sounds super motivational. 🀔

Joking. :)

Hmmmm - well, eat turkey burgers. Some minced turkey and fry them and that's about it. Can use some lettuce instead of a bun if you want. But it's good food. And some cheese, because none of us are angels. :)

Heeeey. Well, that sounds super motivational. ��

Joking. :)

Hmmmm - well, eat turkey burgers. Some minced turkey and fry them and that's about it. Can use some lettuce instead of a bun if you want. But it's good food. And some cheese, because none of us are angels. :)

Had turkey today. Cheese is ridiculously addictive, I have a ton of Applewood in the fridge that I can't let go to waste. I'm thinking of taking up heroin to wean myself off the cheese.

thomil wrote: »

The book underneath looks like it might be a little harder to digest though :pac:

Ahhh its not that hard............once you understand variables, conditionals,looping,functions, the tricky part is creating functions and passing parameters into them and making global variable , local variables, then move onto the mover advanced topics, Object oriented programming which involves creating objects of real life objects, then you move onto inheritence, polymorphism, encapsulation etc....simple really :pac:

Also You go to the regional park? we could pass each not know it! #MyMindIsBlown

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

:pac:

Had turkey today. Cheese is ridiculously addictive, I have a ton of Applewood in the fridge that I can't let go to waste. I'm thinking of taking up heroin to wean myself off the cheese.

Uh - cheese is amazing. So is milk. I'm not supposed to eat lots of things now, but would drop a steak and a beer for cheese and milk in a heartbeat.

I don't think heroin is so tasty though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

It's just the primer though, it'll look better when it's painted fully!

Ok, you were right!

Two coats of paint and I'm absolutely delighted with it. Couple of smudges but overall it looks great. Delighted as I'm not in any way handy like that.

Having said that I remember years ago staying up till 4am painting different colours above and below dado rail and adding stencils (were all in at the time) in my first house and it came out fantastic. Funny how you lose your confidence over time.

Would like to do a course in upcycling I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement