Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Not feeling it today at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Well, I'm back.

My anxiety was quickly replaced by rage at the complete lack of adherence to social distancing, the amount of traffic at pre-lockdown levels and the general stupidity and selfishness on display. I could count in one hand the number if people wearing masks, including myself. I went through a section of the town park as I thought it would be quieter and more room for people to distance. That was stupid. Groups of people huddled on the footpath chatting away, teenagers three and four abreast taking up the whole footpath. I carried handsanitiser and used it anytime I had to press the button on a pedestrian crossing - not one other person doing this. A teenager sitting on a windowsill outside the post office with her legs protruding onto the approach to the front door not budging for anyone. Giant foot operated hand sanitising station inside the PO that no one used except me on entering and leaving. To add to my rage it was boiling hot, worse with a mask on. I got sunburned on one side of my face so now I look stupid and my sister passed me in her car so now she will be calling me up outraged for leaving Dad alone, because she does so much for him (not)!

All in all, glad to be back.

Not feeling it today at all.

Nor I Consonant. I'm stuck to the couch. A bit of work from 3pm and then it will be back to the couch. Meh. Was delighted with myself yesterday strolling about the place after getting a lovely cappuccino. The sun was out and it was almost like everywhere was normal again.
    Why can't everyday be a none work day?

Nightmare Sardonicat! Hopefully you got everything you set out to do, done!

I'm almost happy reading that in a way because I feel somedays like I'm the only one annoyed by that stuff! I only leave my house once a week for shopping and I'm in and out with military precision. Have started getting click and collects actually cause it's the handiest thing for my mam to order what she wants online and then I collect for her and then it makes sense to just order my own for the same slot. Anyway, apart from that I'm so diligent in not going out. Especially with my partner working in a busy environment, I'm conscious that he could or may have already brought it home and I don't want to be asymptomatic and end up passing it on to people.

But everytime I go out it's Christmas levels of busy! With gangs of teenagers everywhere and with just insane amounts of all sorts of people. Even in town where all the shops are closed theres hoards. I don't know what they're at like?

I had to pop out quickly the other day and I wore a mask my partner was supplied by his work. It's not cotton and was difficult to breathe in actually and between that and the heat and the crowds, I basically had a panic attack and had to rush back to the car. :D

But no deaths yesterday and numbers way down so the majority must be doing things right despite outward appearances.

It's just jarring when you rarely go out and you have it in your head that it will be quiet and it's anything but.

And as for your sister, don't let her into your head. Let it wash over you. Nothing worse than people who can't or won't help telling you how to care. How about you give up your life then pal and see how you get on! Grrrrr...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I had to pop out quickly the other day and I wore a mask my partner was supplied by his work. It's not cotton and was difficult to breathe in actually and between that and the heat and the crowds, I basically had a panic attack and had to rush back to the car. :D

What you need is an old fashioned Soviet GP-5 gas mask; the filter has asbestos and lead in it, so it should be very effective against the virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Pics.
    We need pics, G!

Coffeeside about to get back to boring work.

tenor.gif?itemid=15791437

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I find the mask stressful as I wear glasses and the mask makes the glasses fog up

Them's some moves, Grandeeod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

There's certain places on the internet that that is best suited for, not sure if AH is one of them.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :) cloudy but warm here at the moment so I’m trying to decide what to make for dinner.

BB and Sard I see it when I go shopping, it’s like there is nothing happening with the country. Crowds everywhere and no such thing as social distancing. I need to order masks.

• Advertisement

Why can't everyday be a none work day?

Hallelujah sista! God I'd love to win a massive jackpot and have no necessity to work.

kowloon wrote: »
    What you need is an old fashioned Soviet GP-5 gas mask; the filter has asbestos and lead in it, so it should be very effective against the virus.

A hazmat suit

A hazmat suit

a la Vlad Putin

russian-president-vladimir-putin-visits-a-hospital-moscow-russian-federation-shutterstock-editorial-10592499j.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

it’s like there is nothing happening with the country. Crowds everywhere and no such thing as social distancing. I need to order masks.
    and yet Irish numbers are dropping ?

We start to come out of restrictions in two days, domestic flights are even starting so will be interesting to see how the numbers change, although I think that we shall still be locked down by the company, 10 weeks and counting :)

smurfjed wrote:
    and yet Irish numbers are dropping ?

You'll only see the results of people relaxing and not being as cautious in more than three weeks time.

Autosport wrote: »
    I need to order masks.
    I need to order a sawn off shotgun!:mad:

You'll only see the results of people relaxing and not being as cautious in more than three weeks time.

Fingers crossed we will still be ok. I'm not sure if this virus can be eradicated so we do need to live with it as best we can. I do understand the fear of course. It must be dreadful have a lot of anxiety about it :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside eating haribo love hearts

Deskside eating haribo love hearts
    What does the one you're giving me say ?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

why 3 weeks? My limited knowledge is that it takes 3.8 days for this virus to infect a person, that person is then contagious for up to 11 days, with or without symptoms, so this doesn’t add up to 21 days.

Fingers crossed we will still be ok. I'm not sure if this virus can be eradicated so we do need to live with it as best we can. I do understand the fear of course. It must be dreadful have a lot of anxiety about it

I'm totally sick of the whole lot of it and am a believer aswell in that we just need to get on with it and we're only kind of kicking the ball down the line but we're stuck in this trap where we've terrible ICU capacity, hence why the government is being so cautious in it's approach.

Seen two guys on the tonight show last night who seemed to know what they were talking about and one of them intimated that we'll likely see potentially eight cycles of restrictions easing and going back up again...oh gad. I don't believe all this hysteria though in certain sections of the media with stories like it may never go away or it'll be around for years.

My personal opinion on what will happen is we'll slowly ease out of restrictions for the rest of the year. We'll still be living with protocols in places like restaurants etc next year but by Christmas 2021 things will be like they were before all this. I base this opinion on lots and lots of scientific research... :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heading kitchen, I'm starved of the hunger!

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What does the one you're giving me say ?;)

It's says give all thy love to sephers 😸

*Hands out a haribo love hearts to the wherer gals*

Now ye all have a piece of my heart 😏

smurfjed wrote:
    why 3 weeks? My limited knowledge is that it takes 3.8 days for this virus to infect a person, that person is then contagious for up to 11 days, with or without symptoms, so this doesn’t add up to 21 days.

Seen a couple of experts on the tonight show last night and one of them was saying, the way he sees people behaving now, it's like the public think we've come through it okay we're doing well, whereas in reality this was just the start of it. He said you'll see the results of this behaviour in over three weeks time. They were saying that numbers like yesterday, where it was announced there was only 59 new cases, the real number would be more like anywhere from 200 to 500 new cases yesterday.

smurfjed wrote: »

If the incubation is on average 4 days, then you wouldn't show symptoms until day 4 or 5 but you might not seek testing or end up in hospital for some time after that to be counted in the stats. Or indeed the person may not die for quite some time to end up counted in those stats.

If your contagious for 11 days you could be spreading to God knows how many people for all that time. So your day 11 is only day 1 for the guy you infect that day. And their day 4, for example, is only day 1 for the next guy. So it will take those few weeks to see the real extent of the loosening of restrictions not to mention the general complacency that has set in.

Does that make sense? I was just trying to make sense of it as I typed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Hi everyone
    Im in bed. I was up at 4.30am and it was lovely mild and fresh, really happy in this weather. Ive started looking at rental places and making new plans.

Bit concerned about the fact that I've eaten tuna every day recently. Apparently it can contain traces of mercury and poses a risk to unborn babies. Determined not to get stressed though. The anxiety disorder I had a flare up of all winter has disappeared lately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

So, it seems I upset some people on Facebook last night and I have been labelled a "liberal leftie".... I'm ok with that...if you're anti-vax, covid denying & an Irish freedom party supporter....I'm not going to be your bestie! :)

Sardi-cat.... town has been iffy since before the lockdown was lifted.... just look after yourself..
    If there is to be a spike in numbers due to stupidity...it's going to be Friday before we see it

So, it seems I upset some people on Facebook last night and I have been labelled a "liberal leftie".... I'm ok with that...if you're anti-vax, covid denying & an Irish freedom party supporter....I'm not going to be your bestie!

You're a red commie! Red I tells ya!! :pac:

Bit concerned about the fact that I've eaten tuna every day recently. Apparently it can contain traces of mercury and poses a risk to unborn babies. Determined not to get stressed though. The anxiety disorder I had a flare up of all winter has disappeared lately.

I wouldn't go out of my way to eat it if I was pregnant, but I don't think it's a problem unless you live on the stuff.

Just finished serenading my son with walk on by by Dionne Warwick as I fed him a yoghurt. I swear to God, it was like listening to a CD. I was going to make it current by adding in walk on by at a socially distant two metres but decided nah, lets keep some things sacred... :D

My personal opinion on what will happen is we'll slowly ease out of restrictions for the rest of the year. We'll still be living with protocols in places like restaurants etc next year but by Christmas 2021 things will be like they were before all this. I base this opinion on lots and lots of scientific research... :pac:

Stop I'm the same. Fed up of it. Can't even listen to the radio in peace without every second ad reminding us about it and what we must do.
    I was filled with anxiety at the beginning regarding the restrictions and what it would mean. Even though it's for the good we have to live a little. And what do you mean Christmas 2021 everywhere will be normal?
    I'm banking on September 2020.

*goes off to lick some faces*

• Advertisement

And what do you mean Christmas 2021 everywhere will be normal? I'm banking on September 2020.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Stop I'm the same. Fed up of it. Can't even listen to the radio in peace without every second ad reminding us about it and what we must do.
    I was filled with anxiety at the beginning regarding the restrictions and what it would mean. Even though it's for the good we have to live a little. And what do you mean Christmas 2021 everywhere will be normal?
    I'm banking on September 2020.

I'll take a lick...

*drops pants*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Running a bath. For me. :) Feck, I’ve wanted a bath so badly, and now I’m kinda allowed.

Then I have pasta waiting to be demolished.

Ahhhhhh - niceness.

kowloon wrote: »
    I wouldn't go out of my way to eat it if I was pregnant, but I don't think it's a problem unless you live on the stuff.

Thanks for saying :)

Just after reading the same as you said.

Its ok in moderation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

I'm pretending I'm at a festival, I have my Homestore or More Chimnea going..
    Drinking a can, my front is melting, my back is frozen..typical festival.
    Music is better here though..
    Fr John Misty..Nancy..

I'll take a lick...

*drops pants*

Do you wear pants over your face?!?

I peeled the Thong off. The sun earlier wasn't the best, but by jaysus you can still tan through the cloud. Drank a few long island iced teas. Had most of the ingredients so only had to buy a few yesterday. A great drink to have outdoors in the sun. I remember lashing them back in the Chicago Pizza Pie Factory, Dublin back in the day. Highly recommend. BBQ lit. Steak for me. Homemade burgers for the loyal troops. In work tomorrow. Painting a wall and cutting daisies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thanks for saying :)

Just after reading the same as you said.

Its ok in moderation.

I’ve also read that skipjack tuna is best for low mercury levels, as most of the food I feed my cat is tuna, so I was reading about it. I’ll see if I can find a link...

I am sitting on my garden seat, having a swing in the last of the sunshine, took its time to come out!

I would love a long island ice tea and a swing in the last of the sunshine!

Feck all sun here today. This was the sky...

514373.jpg

Doesn't it look like a dusting of snow on a blue car?

I would love a long island ice tea and a swing in the last of the sunshine!

Feck all sun here today. This was the sky...

514373.jpg

Doesn't it look like a dusting of snow on a blue car?

Keep snapping BB. The card on my camera is full. My phone is somewhere in the house. Nobody phones anyway. I'm liking that. Right now, those in my estate who are working must think I've turned into an unemployed bum with my Tuesday carry on. My Go Pro has a blank card so tomorrow I might start recording the painting of a wall and the lawn mowering of bastard daisies that make my hard work look bad! Feckers sleep at night and then destroy the garden in the morning.

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I’ve also read that skipjack tuna is best for low mercury levels, as most of the food I feed my cat is tuna, so I was reading about it. I’ll see if I can find a link...

One of my cats is extremely picky so I have to alternate the food pretty frequently, but when they're on tuna you really pay for it with the cat farts.

Drinking tea, watching tele, eating cake. I had left over cream from the curry and nothing to have it with so I said I'd try making a cake of some kind. Followed a recipe for Devon apple cake and it's actually lovely. I'm on some role! Am I a secret cook?! So secret I didn't even know about it myself?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Had a whooper day, a really positive day. Finished off with an 800m swim in Portmarnock this evening, caught an ebb tide and had to call it a day.

I was looking forward to a nice warm evening in the back garden so got in food and ciders, but whether it was the weather or me after being in the sea but I was feeling a chill so it was food and ciders inside.

The country seems to have gotten a grip on Covid-19, fingers crossed we can keep this going.

Hope you're all safe, healthy and enjoying the lovely weather.

Great picture BB.

Flaked out couchside, had a mad rush of energy earlier and did monster workout - few rounds on a heavy bag, then squats, some kettlebell swinging, a 5km run and finally a youtube easy yoga class. Haven't been so tired in months. 's good, but tomorrow won't be :o
    Time for a bath. I may stay there for a while. Long Island Iced Tea would be lovely Grandeeod, and keep em coming :)

Made a crabmeat and avocado salad from the Paul Flynn book. Really nice. Will have the left overs tomorrow with cold pasta

I just made pasta with pesto. Not even one raw onion. :)

Waiting forsleep to steal over me while I think about things I'll probably never have an answer for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Love crabmeat but I have to admit I’ve never tasted avocado.

Having a relaxing evening watching the tele and chatting with my favourite man :) How long more must I wait until I can reunite with my favourite man :) Fed up of keeping the restrictions while others don’t give a hoot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Autosport wrote: »
    Love crabmeat but I have to admit I’ve never tasted avocado.

Having a relaxing evening watching the tele and chatting with my favourite man :) How long more must I wait until I can reunite with my favourite man :) Fed up of keeping the restrictions while others don’t give a hoot

Highly recommend trying a prawn and avocado wrap.....bit of rocket..red onion....prawns...slivers of avocado and Marie rose sauce.....drooling here

It’s worth trying just make sure the avocado you buy is ripe. You just mix all these ingredients together in a bowl. Very simple and yummy

• Advertisement

It’s worth trying just make sure the avocado you buy is ripe. You just mix all these ingredients together in a bowl. Very simple and yummy

Is that not a dark art in itself?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement