Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Working away and in cruise mode from now to 5pm. Am imagining all sorts of food and beverage combinations that will tickle my fancy tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

That cuckoo is going hell for leather.
    Going to take my willow shopping basket out for a resupply at the village shop.Somehow nicer than a plastic bag-for-life.

Might also lay my worktable outside with a tablecloth and have lunch out here. Although it won't be remotely fancy as the shop only sells basics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In the garden listening to Dominique by Mary Eunice on Spotify.
    Feel like I’m gearing up to murder someone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Few errands done, home and pondering now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, waiting for my painkillers to kick in, I have a headache. Listening to the radio too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Half hour and then I'm free as a bird huzzah! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Garden side, bank holiday half day!

25c in the shade but 27c, 40 minutes ago while I walked in open sunlight. Actually had to pace myself a bit in order toadjust. I think it was hotter than 27c but no idea how accurate the phone is.

For a second I wondered if I'm cut out for hotter summers abroad but I suppose you allow yourself to adjust, and it was my fourth walk today.

Sitting in the sun, thinking about if I want wine but I don’t think I do. Would love a pedicure though. Looking at my toes thinking nah, decrepit monstrosities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Feel like I’m gearing up to murder someone.

Are you taking requests? *Pulls out list* ;)

Home Offie deskside, just turned off the work laptop for the weekend. Best feeling in the world!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

Outside. Bbq is fired up. Dog on lap. Other animals doing their own thing. I forgot to take the clothes in off the line. They'll probably stink of smoke now. Aw well . I'm not bothered moving! Pellegrino ginger beer with lots of ice and a slice of lemon. :):):)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sitting in my living room with the patio doors wide open and chilling after another busy day of work.

I was a bit annoyed earlier that a torrent of work emails this afternoon right after lunch (students looking for assignment extensions on an already extended deadline and admin things that cropped up to deal with) was going to put the kybosh on plans to get out into the park later to chill in the sun, but given the great weather forecast for the bank holiday weekend, there’s always tomorrow and Sunday to do outdoor stuff.

So here, on boards, listening to The Rolling Stones on the iPad and trying to de-stress.

Have a great bank holiday weekend everyone! :cool::cool::)

Did someone say bbq!? Slurp!!! :D

514673.jpeg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did someone say bbq!? Slurp!!! :D

Don't forget to offer some BBQ to the cats as well or they'll feel left out the poor dears 😤

😸😸

Deskside rubbing my belly after dinner , happy sephers !

I put the new coffee beans I'll be having tomorrow into a zip lock bag and into the fridge and when I was putting the shoppi g away for ma I made a hole in the bag with nail and precious beans went everywhere 😭🙀 I salvaged most of them but it was a massacre 😓.

Eh might be time to trim the nails Seph!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Eh might be time to trim the nails Seph!

Ahhh there not that long yet are they? 🤔

8a59fff12e636f6d84eef7f70916eb54.jpg

:pac: 😸😅

Admiring my son playing on the floor and thinking he's the most adorable, handsome, beautiful, playful boy of all time. *proud face* :D

Ahhh there not that long yet are they? 🀔

:pac: 😸😅

Vom!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Party at my place. Be there or be square.

Did someone say bbq!? Slurp!!!

Keep up the photographing BB. You're very good with the camera.

• Advertisement

Keep up the photographing BB. You're very good with the camera.

Waaahh thank you so much! That might be the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me! I'd love to be good at photography. Thought about a class but I can't afford all the necessary equipment to take proper photos. Also I have a crooked eye. If there's a horizon in my photo it will always be sloping off to one side! :D:D

Waaahh thank you so much! That might be the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me! I'd love to be good at photography. Thought about a class but I can't afford all the necessary equipment to take proper photos. Also I have a crooked eye. If there's a horizon in my photo it will always be sloping off to one side! :D:D

Jesus :D:D:D my tea shot across the lawn

my headache passed I'm glad to say :D

Still couchside, tidying up my desktop on my laptop which is a mess

Waaahh thank you so much! That might be the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me! I'd love to be good at photography. Thought about a class but I can't afford all the necessary equipment to take proper photos. Also I have a crooked eye. If there's a horizon in my photo it will always be sloping off to one side!

Be it crooked or not you've definitely a good eye for it. :D

You definitely have a gift and an eye for it BB.

Inthe old workshop by my house. It has an old-house, familiar smell and I feel suddenly attached to it and all the strange old things that have been abandoned in it.

It also has a creaky roof and when its windy it feels like being in a ship at sea. Its windy now although sunny and hottoo.

Anyone feel like pooling resources and buying a ship between us, by the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Evening wherers. Funny day today. Spent most if it a bed. I keep 'coming over all funny', which is the most accurate description I can give. And I'm sleeping a lot. I can't tell if this is something physical or if this is a mental health wobble or if the heat is getting to me.

@Buile: I like the idea of your own unique view of the world incorporated into your photography. Like Toulouse Lautrec's diminutive stature was reflected in the unusual angles of his scenes that gave a more revealing image of his subjects' characters. Your wonkey horizons might reveal a hidden truth in the world. One hundred years from now art historians might be declaring the authtincenty of a photographic piece based on the slanty horizon. "After careful consideration, I'm convinced this is an original Buile. The way the horizon slants out of view at one side perfectly captures the sense of uncertainty experienced during the Covid pandemic..."

Thanks Sardi! That's after giving me such a good laugh. So basically what you're saying is "just own it!" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

That face BB 🥰🥰

I’m couchside but might head outside for another while to enjoy the evening sun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Lesson 1: The Dutch Angle. ;)

• Advertisement

kowloon wrote: »
    Lesson 1: The Dutch Angle. ;)

Just googled that and Omg it has a name!! :D Next time a certain smart arse tells me he could skii down my horizon I'll say "it's called a dutch angle you uncultured swine!!" :D

Thanks Kowloon! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Next time a certain smart arse tells me he could skii down my horizon I'll say "it's called a dutch angle you uncultured swine!!" :D

They don't appreciate the art of it. Keep snapping. :)

Thought about a class but I can't afford all the necessary equipment to take proper photos. Also I have a crooked eye. If there's a horizon in my photo it will always be sloping off to one side! :D:D

I'm just going to have to barge in here. The most important part about photography is having an eye for the right image, the right motif. The equipment is generally secondary, as much as the DSLR fanboys and "elites" will try to tell you otherwise. It's always nice to have a nice camera, I'm pretty fond of my Canon mirrorless myself, but it's not mandatory. It's the eye behind the camera that's the crucial component. Oh, and don't worry about angles, there's software for that ;)

In fact, these days, most smartphones have pretty damn good cameras built in, and while they have limitations, you can certainly get some really good shots with them. There are entire courses dedicated to smartphone photography on platforms like Skillshare, so have a look around. Depending on what you're trying to do, you might only need a tripod and a smartphone holder for said tripod.

thomil wrote: »
    I'm just going to have to barge in here. The most important part about photography is having an eye for the right image, the right motif. The equipment is generally secondary, as much as the DSLR fanboys and "elites" will try to tell you otherwise. It's always nice to have a nice camera, I'm pretty fond of my Canon mirrorless myself, but it's not mandatory. It's the eye behind the camera that's the crucial component. Oh, and don't worry about angles, there's software for that ;)

In fact, these days, most smartphones have pretty damn good cameras built in, and while they have limitations, you can certainly get some really good shots with them. There are entire courses dedicated to smartphone photography on platforms like Skillshare, so have a look around. Depending on what you're trying to do, you might only need a tripod and a smartphone holder for said tripod.

Thanks Thomil. I'll look into the skillshare. I just have a very crappy Moto phone that I'm taking my pics on because I'm forever breaking or losing expensive ones so I gave up on them. Might get a good phone with a good camera one of these days and just have enough cop on to insure it this time.

Thanks Thomil. I'll look into the skillshare. I just have a very crappy Moto phone that I'm taking my pics on because I'm forever breaking or losing expensive ones so I gave up on them. Might get a good phone with a good camera one of these days and just have enough cop on to insure it this time.

Don't mind the phone ;) I learned the "trade" on a ten year old Fuji bridge camera that my dad gave me when I moved here to Ireland. You'd be surprised what you can get out of seemingly crappy equipment. Besides, that pooch pic of yours already demonstrated that you have the right eye and timing, so keep it up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ms G is painting a bird house. Gonna hang it tomorrow. Cool outside now. All really good here in castle G.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

In the sunroom now, about to shove on some music and have a few drinks. I found myself in bed 20 mins ago and thinking an early night might be worth a shot but sweet jaysus I'm still only 39 and anyway I could hear some kids outside playing so the only solution was to get up and have a few jars, fook it. If I'm hungover tomorrow I'll just blame those random pesky kids I heard....
    Oh and I've decided I want a tattoo. Never had one, not sure why now seems the time but anyway, anyone care to explain how sore they are? I'm not afraid of pain but I wouldn't be Mr He-Man either, sorta middle of the road pain threshold I guess.
    Only looking to get 4 letters on my inner lower arm, and no its not feckin "Red2" before anyone gets funny :)

NewRed2 wrote: »
    In the sunroom now, about to shove on some music and have a few drinks. I found myself in bed 20 mins ago and thinking an early night might be worth a shot but sweet jaysus I'm still only 39 and anyway I could hear some kids outside playing so the only solution was to get up and have a few jars, fook it. If I'm hungover tomorrow I'll just blame those random pesky kids I heard....
    Oh and I've decided I want a tattoo. Never had one, not sure why now seems the time but anyway, anyone care to explain how sore they are? I'm not afraid of pain but I wouldn't be Mr He-Man either, sorta middle of the road pain threshold I guess.
    Only looking to get 4 letters on my inner lower arm, and no its not feckin "Red2" before anyone gets funny :)

Is it H.A.T.E or P.A.I.N?

It stings a fair bit. I had a necklace tattoo. That amount of time will be nothing to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

They're not painful , more like an annoying itch while being tattooed imo and I have a few , one quite large , so I'd think you'd do fine :)

Home , doors and windows still open , such a lovely night .

Cheers to you both! It's on so!!!! :)

(ha no its not hate or pain......or Aldi)

my desktop is lovely and tidy now :D

Thinking about bed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

One night in the Canary Islands, I visited a strip joint. I got pissed in said joint as I started on shots after lots of pints from earlier that evening. It was the last night of the holiday and as I left the strip joint, I noticed a tattoo parlour next door. For the craic we decided to do it. The lovely Spanish lads said they were closing. It was all hours of the morning. I personally flashed the cash like a stupid paddy on tour and the very astute Spaniards decided to take it.

Moral of the story - I woke up the following afternoon in pain. I sat on a flight in pain that night. To this day the Tweety Pie Tattoo on my right arse cheek will always be a reminder of that last night out on holiday. Tweety Pie looks a little older now and a bit faded. Was it painful? I have no fooking idea!

Cheers to you both! It's on so!!!! :)

(ha no its not hate or pain......or Aldi)

Whenever you do get it done , keep plenty of cream on it as it will get itchy when healing !

Glitched out again , nothing new there .

I can't believe mam has loads of tattoos and grandeeod has Tweety on his arse. I've been picturing everyone wrong!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It’s ok Red everyone wants to have Auto tattooed on them ;)

I love tattoos and I love mine :) I don’t think CH would like me to get anymore but I think he’ll end up getting one or 2 :D:D

Otherwise couchside chatting with my favourite man and watching the late late :)

I have no tattoos, would have no interest in them.
    Just chilling out at home flaked on the couch wondering what to throw on Netflix

I have no tattoos, would have no interest in them.
    Just chilling out at home flaked on the couch wondering what to throw on Netflix

I'd recommend the girl with the dragon tattoo

Unglitch B!tch :D

It worked !!

I've no tatoos either. I'd never say never though.

Currently listening to a killer playlist, made by mine own hand... :)

I can't believe mam has loads of tattoos and grandeeod has Tweety on his arse. I've been picturing everyone wrong!!!

It's hilarious how wrong the image we have of others in our head , can be so off the mark at times !

Grandeeod , Tweety Pie :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement