Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :) Gardenside with a good book and an ice pop :) It feels like I’m on holidays in Spain :D A random song I was thinking about yesterday came on the playlist today Asking Alexandria: Moving on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Couchside. I have given my apartment, my car and myself an epic clean today, we are all spotless. Did you ever just wake up in an amazing mood for no real reason? That's me today, sure I'm like a dog with two tails. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a pint of red ale because why not? I went out for a walk today instead of hiding away, glad I did tbh, the last few weekends I haven't gone anywhere from after doing the shopping on Friday to Monday, so glad I got out of the rut I guess is what you might call it. As the for the coffee this mornig,hmmm it definitely comes sephers approved, ye will all be happy to know, I know ye were all waiting with baited breath on whether or not it would get the sephers stamp of approval 😎 the smokey and spicey flavours tickle your taste buds and the smell will tickle your nostrils making you want more but beware its slightly strong than other medium roast so you might go loopy headed if you have too much 🤪🤪
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    BTW ,
    Any sign of Leggy lately ?

Was just thinking the same mam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I have a random song too in my head today for some reason. Hello Darkness My Old Friend from The Graduate.
    It's not like I'm in a morbid mood or anything but the song has been in my head since I got up and the film too.

(Shoulder shrug)

To thine own self be true

Long Weekennnnnnnddddddd!!!!!!!

In the queue for Tesco Extra. Excited to have a browse. Then back to the garden to have fizzy booze with a very nice man :D

Is it the old man or a new man?
    (being nosey :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Jaysus lads! That sun is so good even my toenails have a tan!

My daughter painted a bird house. I hung it on the shed today after finishing some running repairs and the last of the painting.

IMG_20200530_164454.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Rooting through the bag of tricks that’s just came in the door. Aperol Spritz, Prosecco and a fake version of whispering angel. Will feck them into the freezer now for 30 mins and head out to the garden for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

24° here today...took the child out for a good 3 hour walk...she bitched the whole way :D
    Happy now tho got her wings and pizza
    Currently drinking wine and watching a couple fight on Facebook....it's serious...they've unfriended each other....and she's calling him a junky weasle and a junkies bastid.....

Ah...who needs TV !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Lol , odd alright Sardonicat !

It'll be interesting to see if it ever happens again with a different song :D

BTW ,
    Any sign of Leggy lately ?

0/ Anseo!

Just catching up on the last few pages here. I have a headache from the heat, but I had a nice lazy day. I think it's to be cooler next week so enjoy it while it lasts.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Grandeeod wrote: »

My daughter painted a bird house. I hung it on the shed today after finishing some running repairs and the last of the painting.

IMG_20200530_164454.jpg

That is gorgeous!

Home side, where else. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I have a random song too in my head today for some reason. Hello Darkness My Old Friend from The Graduate.
    It's not like I'm in a morbid mood or anything but the song has been in my head since I got up and the film too.

(Shoulder shrug)

Have you ever heard the version sung by Disturbed ?
    Not everyone's taste I know , but it's an awesome version imo .

I actually might open a can of Bulmers later for myself and have it outside , I keep saying I will but never do :D

Grandeeod, love the bird house !

Grandeeod wrote: »

IMG_20200530_164454.jpg

Not to put too fine a point on it
    Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet
    Put a little birdhouse in your soul

My earworm for the night after that pic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside

I discovered something a bit worrying this afternoon, I was watching a film when my phone rang. Didn't recognize the number but answered it anyway. Lady answered and asked for my Mom. Turns out it was a friend of my Granny who had lost touch with her, My Mom writes cards to the lady every Christmas and the lady wanted to know if my Granny got to her 100th birthday

That wasn't the weird part, turns out the lady knew someone who works in the british telecom, she asked them to search for any contact details to get in touch with my Mom/my Granny...and my mobile number came up. I have no recollection in putting it up there, and never would :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Dinner roasting away. We're so lucky with the spell of weather we're getting lads. Was out the back there and it's just lovely. Like being away on holidays! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

If this weather keeps up I will soon be speaking with an Australian accent.

Is it the old man or a new man?
    (being nosey :D)

New.

Woof ;)

New.

Woof ;)

Great, congratulations!
    Find out if he has a brother :)

Sorry, MO4, don't know my music so don't know who Damaged are.

New.

Woof ;)

May God have mercy on his soul. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

New.

Woof ;)

Super, congrats :) Good luck to yee both, the bastard better treat you well!!!!! ;)

• Advertisement

Woof

What is this cryptic clue Perse doth dropeth on the thread?...Is she rolling around all wacked off of Scooby snacks or is her new man actually an 0ld...?... The people of Lilliput waited excitedly for further news..... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

May God have mercy on his soul. :D

Haha you reminded me of when my dads fav niece asked him to give her away at her wedding and he told her he wouldn’t have it on his conscience :D
    He did end up walking her down the aisle, 4 weeks into his radiation, sick as a dog but he was the proudest man alive that day for all his teasing her.

I’m in the garden feeling happy

Haha you reminded me of when my dads fav niece asked him to give her away at her wedding and he told her he wouldn’t have it on his conscience :D
    He did end up walking her down the aisle, 4 weeks into his radiation, sick as a dog but he was the proudest man alive that day for all his teasing her.

I’m in the garden feeling happy

That's a lovely memory to have I have to say
    Better give the other 6 dwarves a go else they'll be jealous..

I'm on the wine....and up to mischief....hup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hmmmm all mysterious Perse ;):D Delighted for you :)

Couchside having dinner :)

I love the birdhouse grandeeod.

And I love that song leg end. Happy to have it as an earworm for a little while.

I am absolutely wrecked but delighted with how much work we got done. The heat can be so draining though.

I made friends with a lovely little caterpillar today.

Late dinner. Malaysian curry and chips. Can't wait.

What is this cryptic clue Perse doth dropeth on the thread?...Is she rolling around all wacked off of Scooby snacks or is her new man actually an 0ld...?... The people of Lilliput waited excitedly for further news..... :pac:

That was an attempt to muddy the waters. I was going to let on it was company of the four legged variety :D

I can confirm however it is a human man :)

• Advertisement

I can confirm however it is a human man

I was barking up the wrong tree so... :D

I was barking up the wrong tree so... :D

I was thinking something doggy myself 😂.

What an absolutely fantastic day,just in from the garden, out there all afternoon, had an absolute ball... l bought a 30e swimming pool during the week, the troops are getting fierce entertainment from it,we had the best craic and lovely food, just ordered pizza and opened a bottle of red,this is the life.Cheers lads ðŸ·.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was thinking something doggy myself ��.

*Sniggers*

Deskside with a nice cool glass of coke :3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Hotel again, but time for a different room, my 7th :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Evening all, couchside with a beer. Had a nightmare day with the boiler leaking but thankfully got a plumber quickly. Ceiling dried out now and will repaint in a few days. Thanking my lucky stars that someone was home when it went or it could have been a lot worse which is one good thing about the lockdown:D
    Hope ye all are well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Have you ever heard the version sung by Disturbed ?

I remember Disturbed.

That is gorgeous!
    Grandeeod, love the bird house !
    Not to put too fine a point on it
    Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet
    Put a little birdhouse in your soul

My earworm for the night after that pic!

Cheers lads. She's delighted with it and spent the last few hours painting birds on the shed. I feel so sorry for her being off school all this time. Starting Secondary School this year and that's gonna be hard. She has an artistic streak (like her Dad:D) that we encourage. She's lonely in her own way due to missing friends and out of the school routine. Once she's outdoors, I'm happy enough. She'll probably end up a Grafitti artist destroying buses.:D

I love the birdhouse grandeeod.

And I love that song leg end. Happy to have it as an earworm for a little while.

I am absolutely wrecked but delighted with how much work we got done. The heat can be so draining though.

I made friends with a lovely little caterpillar today.

Late dinner. Malaysian curry and chips. Can't wait.

Thanks BB. Leggie put the song in my head too!

New.

Woof ;)

Wait, is it OldDog?

Online watching the SpaceX-Dragon launch. It's so amazing when you think about it... And finally some new news!

ETA, they were just going on about how the astronauts will be getting 8 hours sleep before arriving at the ISS tomorrow (19 hour trip). How mad is that - hurtling through space and you just go for a kip :D

Wait, is it OldDog?

Haha..good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Ah I'm delighted for you Persepoly. I hope he treats you better than the last human man you were with. You are one of my favourites on Boards so it was a nice post to read.

I am bedside, I tweaked my back with all my activity today so I'm lying down with a heatpack under it. By golly 'tis fierce warm enough already so I'm counterbalancing by eating ice cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Pussy cats' supper time.

Lovely to have a bit of summer romance, Perse. Good for you!

Guy, mind that back. Cold belly, warm back is meant to be a sign of something, isn't it? Or am I thinking of 'cold hands, warm heart"?

Wait, is it OldDog?
    Haha..good one.

If he bagged poly then he certainly is an Old dog :pac:

*gets coat*

In from out. Was watching and listening to the wind blowing the trees. No more than the sea lapping the shore, I've always found it soothing. Think I may head out again... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Just came back indoors. It's such a beautiful night. And there's a tiny bat flitting around outside my house! Don't see them very often. Always feel I've been honoured when I catch a rare glimpse of wildlife, especially here in suburbia.

That was an attempt to muddy the waters. I was going to let on it was company of the four legged variety :D

I can confirm however it is a human man :)

So, I have to ask, how does that all work with everything closed down? I haven't met a person I don't already know in what feels like several millennia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Decided to get rid of loads of moss off my porch roof, so hung out my window with a yard brush knocking it off... then stuck the Hoover out the window to get rid if all the bits. Then took a step ladder and stood at the top and cleaned all the guttering and edging around porch. Then washed driveway. Then treated driveway with moss killer. Washed down bins. Sprayed down flower beds to get ready for planting.

Really enjoyed it. Thought I was about an hour doing it, but spent most of the day. I'm afraid of heights as well, so standing 6ft up to reach the highest points was a challenge. Place looks great.

I'm about to watch IT. I've avoided this film for long enough!

Why am I doing this?? I hate scary films! I'm a total baby!!!!!!

kowloon wrote: »
    So, I have to ask, how does that all work with everything closed down? I haven't met a person I don't already know in what feels like several millennia.

Already know :)

If he bagged poly then he certainly is an Old dog :pac:

*gets coat*

Cheeky :D

Guy Person wrote: »
    Ah I'm delighted for you Persepoly. I hope he treats you better than the last human man you were with. You are one of my favourites on Boards so it was a nice post to read.

I am bedside, I tweaked my back with all my activity today so I'm lying down with a heatpack under it. By golly 'tis fierce warm enough already so I'm counterbalancing by eating ice cream.

Thanks so much Guy :) You are a good egg x
    I know it seems strange to people given the circumstances we are in and they will judge. It took me a lot of heartache to get to this place and I'm grabbing my happiness with both hands.

Already know :)

Makes sense. I spray them with Domestos and make them gargle hand-sanitiser before a polygraph assisted interrogation about every human contact in the previous two weeks. Was wondering if there was an easier way. :P

kowloon wrote: »
    Makes sense. I spray them with Domestos and make them gargle hand-sanitiser before a polygraph assisted interrogation about every human contact in the previous two weeks. Was wondering if there was an easier way. :P

That made me lol.
    Needed that, thanks.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much Guy :) You are a good egg x
    I know it seems strange to people given the circumstances we are in and they will judge. It took me a lot of heartache to get to this place and I'm grabbing my happiness with both hands.

When you grab with both hands .... don't squeeze tightly... it'll bring tears to his eyes!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement