Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    Sorry Seph it’s Bella Lane coffee and they have 20% off :)

I'll try it sometime Auto.......if it doesn't get the sephers seal of approval you're in trouble missy!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Can i go home now?

Yes, it's too hot for work. Go home and have a cold drink, tell your employer I sanctioned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Yes, it's too hot for work. Go home and have a cold drink, tell your employer I sanctioned it.

I seconded it :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Can't even have tea yet, too hot! Wading through loads of stuff here, busy busy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

back in my own place, sitting on my bed, have a fan on, ahh lovely :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Chilling out the back with Mrs. Carol. Nick Drake is the soundtrack.

Can't even have tea yet, too hot! Wading through loads of stuff here, busy busy

Iced tea perhaps ;):D

Couchside chatting with my favourite man :)

Chilling out the back with Mrs. Carol. Nick Drake is the soundtrack.

Hello Mrs Carol *waves*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Iced tea perhaps ;):D

That's just wrong :eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

That looks amazing, black forest! It's a pity the planners here couldn't copy some continental style, instead of the drab streetscapes we have here.

There are quite a lot of cities here with this kind of fountains. Helps everybody to cool down a bit. Add to that the more normal ones and you will find a nice wet place everywhere. 😁
    Our's would attract gangs of scum with their cases of Budweiser, and well we know the rest.

Looks lovely Black Forest, I've actually never visited Germany although I've lots of German friends. I even took the time to learn German using Duolingo and my poor mates as victims.. My Swiss-German mates had an even harder time of trying to get me using high German, they're funny because they keep telling me that Germans think they sound funny using high German.

Good news on my earlier post, Richo is back to his old self :) forget flat 7-up, cheese cake from Spar is your only man :)

Thankfully there are garbage bins every few meters. Refundable cans or bottles would be collected quite fast by the local committee of the less privileged and any antisocial behaviour like smashing bottles would cause an instant uproar from the surrounding coffee places. No need to call the police...but may be an ambulance.🤔😂

Swiss german sounds funny. But that is most probably a vice versa thing.😂

Happy to hear that Richo is back up again. We have the same taste when it comes to cake.😋
    Grandeeod wrote: »
    I miss Germany. I worked there in the mid 90s in Bielefeld and Guttersloh. Off the beaten track from todays weekend trippers. Similar summer scenes!

My stomping grounds at that time had been a bit south in Munich. Covering Bavaria, Austria and the north of Italy providing Betacams for the editors. 😉

I really love my neck of the woods. Just can’t stand the in the meantime normal heatwaves with temperatures up to 36 degree celsius. So for retirement in a few years i am looking for nice ‘cool’ places with a pub or two in reach. A boat as a second home in summer would be enough. At least i could move it up north east. ⛴ 😄

Back deskside with feet up and cuddling Luke, my visitor cat.😸

• Advertisement

I know you're in Germany, not Switzerland, black forest, (and a man I think) but your posts evoke a modern day Heidi image for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sitting down (with Richo snoring his brains out beside me).. My local Chinese just reopened so I treated myself to my first chicken curry, fried rice and chips since the lockdown, it was heavenly :)

Now just going to chill with two (I might have three lol) can't of cider and watching Life on Mars on Netflix, a brilliant show, anyone seen it?. (no spoilers).

Yum yum Druids cider lol, apparently not the best cider (according to my daughter) but I'm not a cider drinker and its quenching a thirst right now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

My stomping grounds at that time had been a bit south in Munich. Covering Bavaria, Austria and the north of Italy providing Betacams for the editors. 😉

Surely not Beta SP for a Video Editor. You can't be that young. Please tell me you mean something else.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Sitting down (with Richo snoring his brains out beside me)..

Glad doggy's doing better.

kowloon wrote: »
    Glad doggy's doing better.

Cheers, he's back to his old self again. I won't be taking chances with them in this heat again, no way. A lesson learned.

Mak has just reminded me that it's perfect cider weather!

That's on the list for tomorrow now. :cool:

Mak has just reminded me that it's perfect cider weather!

That's on the list for tomorrow now. :cool:

Stock up early, like I said I'm not a cider drinker but my daughter came home today telling me she couldn't find any (for herself) in any of the shops. I went to my local pub, the family has a shop next door and got the last two 4 pack of Druids they'd left.

Its running out of the fridges in this heat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Happen to like druids myself, bulmers etc not for me, though Old Mout is nice but spendy for thirsty weather

Happen to like druids myself, bulmers etc not for me, though Old Mout is nice but spendy for thirsty weather

Tbh with T2 diabetes I'd normally stay well clear of Cider, but I've had an awful aul thirst lol

Years back I was working near Clonmel in the height of Summer, maybe it was just the heat, but the Bulmers tasted better.

• Advertisement

Years back I was working near Clonmel in the height of Summer, maybe it was just the heat, but the Bulmers tasted better.

Haha when i worked near there it was flagons of devil's bit :pac: we were perhaps a little too young for the pub

Tbh with T2 diabetes I'd normally stay well clear of Cider, but I've had an awful aul thirst lol

You should try switching to T1, we get to go mental and pay for it later. :D

Burgers incoming. Still outside. Listening to Van Morrison's Coney island and thinking, just like he said, wouldn't it be great if it was like this all the time? :D

Full on party happening at the neighbors now, Today fm is there choice of music, where are the Gardai when you need them, it’s not like you can’t hear the music :rolleyes:

Pissed off Auto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Full on party happening at the neighbors now, Today fm is there choice of music, where are the Gardai when you need them, it’s not like you can’t hear the music :rolleyes:

Pissed off Auto

I'd be calling the Gardai for their choice of party music, Auto.

To thine own self be true

I'd be calling the Gardai for their choice of party music, Auto.

It’s actually dire :(

I’m thinking 5:30am and start to play some Cradle of filth, Shinedown, Alterbridge, Velvet Revolver and then onto more death metal :D Oh there poor little hangover heads :D

Pissed off Auto

Did you not hear? The virus is completely gone now. Like it never happened. :mad:

Did you not hear? The virus is completely gone now. Like it never happened. :mad:

I know :(

Time for 2unlimited Auto!! :P

• Advertisement

Did ye see the scenes in salthill? The second wave may be pretty bad.

I’m thinking 5:30am and start to play some Cradle of filth, Shinedown, Alterbridge, Velvet Revolver and then onto more death metal :D Oh there poor little hangover heads :D

201601_2249_cdech.jpg
    Time for 2unlimited Auto!! :P

How many times do you have to be told, NO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Decided to go to bed early. Wouldn’t be the best sleeper in the world. I was in bed for 9. Awake at 11:30 raring to go. So much for a full nights sleep

Hate that, often happens me too. It's either drink, clean or exercise now!

It certainly won’t be exercise anyway. I’m sending lyrics of songs to people on WhatsApp to see how far down the song I get before they realize. Hyper AF

It'd be cleaning for me, too much drinking the last few days and an exercise allergy. Or maybe vacantly staring at a show..

• Advertisement

It certainly won’t be exercise anyway. I’m sending lyrics of songs to people on WhatsApp to see how far down the song I get before they realize. Hyper AF

Yikes, you're bored!

https://ibb.co/VxhVjkT
    I mean it is a classic

https://ibb.co/VxhVjkT
    I mean it is a classic

You have very patient friends :D

You have very patient friends :D
    I know they’re lucky to have me

Download a meditation app and hop off into blissful zzzzzs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

I know you're in Germany, not Switzerland, black forest, (and a man I think) but your posts evokye a modern day Heidi image for me.

A hairy one? As i never shaved my legs i am probably male.🤔😂

Another poster a little while ago saw me as a kind of MacGyver (the old one of course!). Might be more correct as i was running around with gaffer tape for a few decades. On the other hand i once fixed my leaking walking boots with tape up in the mountains with still a few miles to go. Was better than nothing. I am feeling an existential crisis coming...who am i? 🤔😁
    Grandeeod wrote: »
    Surely not Beta SP for a Video Editor. You can't be that young. Please tell me you mean something else.:D

My first experience was with U-Matic slow speed with external NTSC recorder in a big northern land far, far away in another century. A two machine editing suite was blank hightech. Beta SP came a bit later. No frame delayer in sight. 🤓😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Having a nice late night.

Having a nice late night.

It is a lovely night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Well?!
    How goes the tunage? :D

Deskside feeling a bit down in the dumps this morning but at least I have the sweet stuff beside me anyway :3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Garden. Ugh I wrote some awful mush somewhere last night didnt I?
    Cat's being an absolute bastid. What do you expect froma cat, I suppose.
    "Covid 19 lives for hours on kitchen worktops"
    My cat : *slowly pushes it off*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

My first experience was with U-Matic slow speed with external NTSC recorder in a big northern land far, far away in another century. A two machine editing suite was blank hightech. Beta SP came a bit later. No frame delayer in sight. 🤓😄

Great memories even if nobody has a clue what we're talking about. :D My first experience was a three machine Hi-Band U-matic suite. Shot on Beta SP but never used a beta suite. Went straight to non-linear and look at us now.

But I did recently find my Super 8mm film splicer.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all,

Corona test #11 just done, I’m as bored as FECK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Morning wherers. Seriously Scorchio this morning. By the time I got Dad out of the shower I felt ready to jump back in it myself despite only having one 15 minutes prior! The back of the house is like an oven. Dad's currently alternating between a kitchen chair placed in the shadow in the front driveway and pacing around said shadow. It's the coolest place at the moment. Quick cold drink for me and back into the breech of chores, all located in the kitchen /sauna, of course. I think I may actually melt today.

Just finished a nice shopping spree on gardening shtuff. Now aggressively eating a breakfast roll.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement