Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Are there still flights between Ireland and the Uk?
    I just read something about someone coming here from the UK soon.
    I assumed all int. Travel was stopped?!

Inside for shade but going back now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

deskside, deciding what to do next.

Just had a guy call round to check my smoke alarms, he was hot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In the garden drinking a kale and mango smoothie. Ah, I had a good run of it all the same I suppose :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

That's probably a sign that the smoke alarm isn't working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

In the garden drinking a kale and mango smoothie.
    I'm sorry for your troubles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I just got an email from the FBI telling me they are awarding me 15 million dollars.
    I'm so excited beyond words.. All I have to do is give them all my personal details and bam I have 15 mils in my bank account.
    Sorry losers, you won't see me for dust here again. I'll be thinking of you sad folks next week from my private island inthe Caribbean.

:D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

In bushy park. Tis nice.

I got a delivery this morning from an absolute hunk,I ran from my desk to answer the door in a horrible dressing gown and a huge pair on mens slippers, raging as l was showered and had a summer dress on underneath . He was gorgeous.

@Sephers, pucker up,the goods have arrived.😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Are there still flights between Ireland and the Uk?
    I just read something about someone coming here from the UK soon.
    I assumed all int. Travel was stopped?!

Inside for shade but going back now.

Yep, there's a few a day. Even at the peak of lockdown I know there was at least 4 flights a week from Manchester to Dublin.

• Advertisement

Yep, there's a few a day. Even at the peak of lockdown I know there was at least 4 flights a week from Manchester to Dublin.

Thanks!
    Google results are kind of ambiguous, hard to get a straight answer lately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

In bushy park. Tis nice.

Ya dirty....

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ya dirty....
    Ah leave him alone! The salons have been closed since March :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Thanks!
    Google results are kind of ambiguous, hard to get a straight answer lately!

Ryanair are on limited schedule until 20th June.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Up and ready steadying myself for another go on the hamster wheel. How are you all?

Live reclusively for a decade and the cabin fever sets in during a feckin' pandemic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm about to step off my hamster wheel, it was just about going.

Really tempted to break the diet and go eat biscuits until I need to sleep it off. :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

kowloon wrote: »
    Really tempted to break the diet and go eat biscuits until I need to sleep it off. :mad:

Do the ould pros and cons on it.. Then eat them anyway..

Do the ould pros and cons on it.. Then eat them anyway..

Serious case of hangry at the moment :pac:.......

Serious case of hangry at the moment :pac:.......

Cheese is good for hangry :)

• Advertisement

Cheese is good for hangry :)

Cheese is far too addictive, completely impossible to exercise restraint with. Tasty yellow crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Autosport wrote: »
    It’s actually dire :(

I’m thinking 5:30am and start to play some Cradle of filth, Shinedown, Alterbridge, Velvet Revolver and then onto more death metal :D Oh there poor little hangover heads :D

Shinedown and Alter Bridge? I like your style Auto!

Had two big burgers, regretting that decision, too full now. The human body is a mess, we need a fuel gauge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

kowloon wrote:
    Had two big burgers, regretting that decision, too full now. The human body is a mess, we need a fuel gauge.

And a massive exhaust..... :pac:

And a massive exhaust..... :pac:

Oversized subwoofer and a 'No Fear' sticker.

Oversized subwoofer and a 'No Fear' sticker.

I would like a cup holder and wipers please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Grass cut and the back garden has been stood down due to the cool and damp weather ahead. So feckin depressing packing everything away because you don't know how much wind and rain will come. I spent so many summers buying cool garden stuff and not watching the weather forecast. All ruined. I bought a really good Gazebo one summer and an elderly neighbour had a beer in it with me the night I put it up.

"A piece of advice Son. Make sure to put your address on the roof of this thing."

He was right.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sitting at the seafront beside Blackrock Park, looking out onto Dublin Bay and feeling chilled, but pensive.

We spent the night in my OH's place after dropping stuff off at St. Vincent's hospital for his mother. She is now 92 (he's 12 years older than me ;)) and is a real trooper. :)

Good news from the initial tests - looks like it might be an internal tear in her oesophagus from something she ate. Apparently not uncommon in the very elderly. More tests scheduled for tomorrow and hopefully she'll be out afterwards.

Weather starting to change. We've had a great run in fairness. At this stage some rain is probably needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Looking at the news and seeing Trump's bible stunt... Nickelodeon going off air for 9 mins for human rights.....
    You have to wonder...
    if nobody in power is going to make Trump step down....it's only a matter of time before someone takes it into their own hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Hope she makes a full recovery, Jupiter.

I'm just in after enjoying the cool breeze, I went shopping earlier and I thought I was going to pass out with the heat. My modification request is inbuilt air conditioner. A good scrub in the shower will be required!

*I do shower every day*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching Long Lost Families , Born Without Trace . Heartbreaking and heartwarming all wrapped up in one .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Watching Long Lost Families , Born Without Trace . Heartbreaking and heartwarming all wrapped up in one .

One of my friends can barely start Long Lost Families without tearing up, such is the expectation she has now :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote:

Long lost families always gets me Mam. It's so emotional to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I must be made of stone. Not even a tremble of a lip would LLF induce in me. Hard faced old mare, I am.

Perched on the couch. Good old Sufjan is the soundtrack. Mrs. C has cooked rasher and fried egg sandwiches. The gorge continues. :D one more day of holidays tomorrow and then the road to rediscovering my healthy self begins. *in the zone face* :pac:

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I must be made of stone. Not even a tremble of a lip would LLF induce in me. Hard faced old mare, I am.

If there was a similar show for animals i'd be a snotty, teary mess.. Humans?. Nah...

Semi stone here , will feel emotional but don't cry watching it tbh . Think it's from years of having to be the one who doesn't fall apart easily , not cold hearted , just know how to put on a great face when needed .

I watched a programme about Mexican conjoined twins last night, they're living
    in the USA since they were very young and cannot return home in case they don't get back in,so sad for their parents who haven't seen their families in 17 years. They are 2 lovely girls and great craic ,very resilient, one of them learned to drive and passed her test,so strange to see her driving and her sister joined to her ,makes you think how difficult life can be for some people.

I'm couchside, feeling pissed off,no walk yesterday or today and there's a message from my Fitbit but I'm refusing to look at it,refusing to look at my online banking also, I'm now a pioneer, the weather has changed very quickly, can feel the black dog approaching

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Semi stone here , will feel emotional but don't cry watching it tbh . Think it's from years of having to be the one who doesn't fall apart easily , not cold hearted , just know how to put on a great face when needed .

Oh yeah it would be a tear trickle down the cheek job here aswell :pac:

• Advertisement

I watched a programme about Mexican conjoined twins last night, they're living in the USA since they were very young and cannot return home in case they don't get back in,so sad for their parents who haven't seen their families in 17 years. They are 2 lovely girls and great craic ,very resilient, one of them learned to drive and passed her test,so strange to see her driving and her sister joined to her ,makes you think how difficult life can be for some people.

Meant to watch that actually. Seen the ad

Meant to watch that actually. Seen the ad

I got it on catch up,worth a watch.

I got it on catch up,worth a watch.

Nice one cheers, will check it oot. Hope the black dog fooks off elsewhere DD. Know you're well liked. Even by random gobsh!tes on the internet... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mrs G in a nutshell Mam.:D

Reality TV wouldn't stir any emotion in me whatsoever, it seems like it's trying so hard to manipulate a response that it ends up feeling less authentic than some fiction. But I suppose fictional media has a lot to work with to make the story hit the right notes whereas reality shows are stuck with whatever you can make of the footage. I could be talking out of my arse though, I don't understand the world around me.

You all infected me.

Im having a what do you call it wobbler. Existential crisis, maybe?

Decided O.H is too good for me. Was quite a heavy day in fairness. Got to me. Couldnt actually form a thought this evening.

He said we'll talk tomorrow, be fine tomorrow :)

In the garden. Its slightly chilly! Pretty moon :) about three quarters full.

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Mrs G in a nutshell Mam.:D

I call it my game face , tip my hat to Mrs G!
    Sometimes the brightest smiles can hide the saddest hearts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Have just seen a video of Luke "Ming" Flanagan addressing an EU agricultural meeting by video call, wearing his best black shirt and tie.....
    and fck all pants on!
    :D

Seen that haha mad bastard. Perched in his jocks. Very decent and genuine fella by all accounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm convinced Ming puts it all on.

Well, except his trousers like! :pac:

Well, except his trousers like!

Ming the trouserless! :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement