Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I've never owned a piece of jewellery, am I missing out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

kowloon wrote: »
    I've never owned a piece of jewellery, am I missing out?

Yes, you'll never be chavtastic without bling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Post of the week- right there!

I need to get myself a Burberry baseball cap with an obscenely long peak.

I need to get myself a Burberry baseball cap with an obscenely long peak.

Add false tan and a diamond earring for the complete man-about-tan look.

I really should charge for this advice.

Add false tan and a diamond earring for the complete man-about-tan look.

I really should charge for this advice.

There's a limit to how hawt you can be before you're held responsible for all the heart attacks, I'll have to tone it down a bit.

There's a limit to how hawt you can be before you're held responsible for all the heart attacks, I'll have to tone it down a bit.

Nonsense, you can't be too hawt.

Get a Burberry coat and scarf to match the cap. It's what Daniella Westbrook did and that's the level of sophistication we should all aim for.

Have you considered bleaching your hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I love my jewellery. Watches, bracelets, rings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Nonsense, you can't be too hawt.

Get a Burberry coat and scarf to match the cap. It's what Daniella Westbrook did and that's the level of sophistication we should all aim for.

Definitely, we all should try to emulate her.

To thine own self be true

There's not much to bleach, I went full neo-nazi with the trimmer the other day. Making any kind of fancy haircut myself seemed too complicated. But when my Winter coat grows I'll get frosted tips and be the talk of the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

Fcuking cans of Guinness have me turned into an alco. Maybe one more before bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside, I need a new head :( thankfully nothing on today/later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Can’t sleep, freaked myself out looking at pics of the Madeline McCann suspect. I remember that case at the time absolutely terrifying me, couldn’t understand how a child could just vanish. I quite wrongly thought the parents had something to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Can’t sleep, freaked myself out looking at pics of the Madeline McCann suspect. I remember that case at the time absolutely terrifying me, couldn’t understand how a child could just vanish. I quite wrongly thought the parents had something to do with it.

Tbf..they did....they left the kids alone when they went out on the piss.....they should have been charged with that alone.

And as for this German guy ...I'm going to need some convincing that he had a part in this..esp as the Portuguese cadaver sniffing dogs were going crazy at the McCann's car

Leaving the kids at home, very bad idea. But whoever took the child is responsible, end of.

& nobody needs convincing except for the police, prosecutors & the courts.

Was raining at 5.30, but it's sunny now, walk time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

At work not working. Thinking though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

At work not working. Thinking though.

Similar here.

It is important to think about what & how to do it before jumping in a bit lost as how to tackle the tasks.

Right??

I don't even believe myself.

Day of procrastinating me thinks. Fridays are a day for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Couch side. Waiting for the toaster to pop so I can have my toast and marmite. Bad cramps so will be reaching for the painkillers once the toast has hit my tummy. Want to go back to bed but have too much to do. Ow!

Last day of my holidays and have nothing to do apart from think about yummy delivery food later.
    Now I could be tackling the list of diy jobs that need doing...but the effort like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I was up at half ten! Sleeping well these days. I used to haunt this thread at night. I had dark circles that looked like black eyes.

God I'd love a road trip and a lake day and beach nights. I bought a new swimming costume as I've gone up 2 sizes (before the obvious). I was too shy to be seen by many people last year as I was so skinny. The sun's back here and I don't wish it away :)

I need to video talk with himself but there isn't enough internet signal here yet.

Looked outside earlier and the sun messed up my vision, had flickering lights for half an hour.

tumblr_pbcz4o8PQe1qgcuxno1_400.png
    Last day of my holidays and have nothing to do apart from think about yummy delivery food later.
    Now I could be tackling the list of diy jobs that need doing...but the effort like.

Life is just the waiting period between meals.

Bedside, about to get up. Had to give in and lie down in the end. Bugger the housework if I'm in pain.Feeling a lot better now but very washed out. Time to get his lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sank to new lows today. Spent a while hoovering out and disinfecting my bags for life. Anyway, all my jobs done once I throw these clothes in the dryer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mentally preparing to do two dayshifts, yuck..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside at home, getting through a load of class assignments for a Tuesday deadline to have the marks and comments sent back in.

Didn’t sleep too well last night. Kept waking up every couple of hours. Had a very vivid dream of trying to get to a David Bowie concert back in his early 1970s Ziggy Stardust days with one of my sisters - and walking around the Rathmines/Portobello/Ranelagh area. Bowie was doing the gig for free somewhere along the Grand canal.

Yup, I should really write a book about my strange dreams!

Hope his are all keeping well. Really looking forward to being able to roam further than the 5km. Is it now 20km from today? :)

• Advertisement

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Deskside at home, getting through a load of class assignments for a Tuesday deadline to have the marks and comments sent back in.

Didn’t sleep too well last night. Kept waking up every couple of hours. Had a very vivid dream of trying to get to a David Bowie concert back in his early 1970s Ziggy Stardust days with one of my sisters - and walking around the Rathmines/Portobello/Ranelagh area. Bowie was doing the gig for free somewhere along the Grand canal.

Yup, I should really write a book about my strange dreams!

Hope his are all keeping well. Really looking forward to being able to roam further than the 5km. Is it now 20km from today? :)

We might have the freedom of travelling the county from Monday. Waiting for Leo to announce it.

Cats are larding it indoors today. They have proper cat beds but this is their favourite box.

515378.jpg

Planning to drive around my county boundary (not really) now that restrictions are being eased.

Sardonicat, I hope you're feeling better.

I love the cats, Kowloon, they look like they're all conjoined. Expect a visit from Sephers and stock up on good coffee, Barry's tea and practise your plate sliding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Couchside with a lovely fire going, got a very productive few hours done in the home office this morning, then got a text alert from Met Eireann for strong winds tonight so did a tidy-up of the garden packing away the garden furniture that had been in use these past few weeks, weather looks promising for next week so won't be long before they're brought out again. For now deciding on what to order from the local chippy for a takeaway, and beers chilling in the fridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

G&T time after a long week (even though it was technically a short week!) Tomato sauce on the hob and about to fire up some water for spinach and ricotta tortellini.
    Have now cancelled all my flights and accommodation for a big trip that was to take place in July, sad ☹️
    Been trying not to think too far in to the future, early days but the announcement earlier feels like we're headed in the right direction!

Just had hailstones there :eek:

• Advertisement

back at my folks house for the weekend :) watching a programme on cats/animals who unfortunately were treated badly, this breaks my heart :(

Sank to new lows today. Spent a while hoovering out and disinfecting my bags for life. Anyway, all my jobs done once I throw these clothes in the dryer.

Ha ha and you all laughed at me last week for hoovering the porch roof from the box bedroom..

The weather is schizophrenic today, I don't know what to do with myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

JupiterKid wrote: »

Big Bowie fan here, my first LP was 'Best of Bowie'.

Not really Bowie related except for the fact that the name comes from Bowie, the 'Sam is listening to Life on Mars when he's involved in an accident in 2006 and he's listening to the same track on his cars 8 track stereo when he wakes up in 1973.. But have you seen 'Life on Mars', Netflix is running it at the moment.

Its brilliant stuff, lots of 70's rock & fashion. I love the show, highly recommended.

As for myself today, had a wonderful swim earlier. Came home and lay down to read and woke up snuggled up with Richo two hours later lol

515391.jpg

Taking his lordship out for a walk shortly, his second since his heat stroke. I'm avoiding taking him out when its warm, and the other mutt won't leave the house for love 'nor money anyway lol

I've been worried about the distance now between my OH and I. He is in England. Work.
    Tonight he told me "there is only sea between us...".

That's me calm and at peace again :)

I haven't eaten yet. I go off food when I'm stressed. Now I'm off to decide what to eat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Fire lit , although the sun has come out now here. Plenty of bird feeders here , yet when I leave the back door open , one blackbird comes in to sneakily eat from the dogs bowl !
    Which is fine when the dog is outside :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The weather is schizophrenic today, I don't know what to do with myself.

Alcohol maybe?:D I'm having a few bottles here in my "production space".:D The only production going on are posts on boards.:D

I'm starting to miss scenes like this.:eek:tenor.gif

God, G, I think you've twisted my arm! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

God, G, I think you've twisted my arm! :D

You know it makes sense. Its Friday! Not that it matters.:D

Weather is doing The Four Seasons here.

My cramps are back. Think it's going to be an evening with a hot water bottle on my tummy. Cut out junk food a month ago so no choccy for comfort either.

Mak, Life on Mars is excellent and evokes the 70s in England perfectly. One of the things they did to create authenticity was to film a lot of outdoor scenes in back alleyways. If you were an urban kid/teenager in a the 70s your space was the alleyways. The adults used the streets. You could travel a great distance using alleys in some areas because of how they criss crossed and never see a road or street. So, the target audience of LOM are sent straight back in time when we see alleys full of people. That, and the white dog poo which adorned the alleys liberally.

• Advertisement

I'll be off now ladies and gents. I have the most unbelievable craving for fish fingers. Im unusually happy and pulsing with affection for Himself but Im sure Ill be back to my cantankerous and neurotic self soon. Listening to that lovely song by Loreena McKennit based on the last ride of Paul Revere, the Highwayman.

"And back he spurred like a madman

Shrieking a curse to the sky..."

Goingto return to my natural state soon (asleep). Hope all who are suffering feel well soon, and all loneliness is cured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside with a beer, thank god it's Friday:D
    Delighted Ireland will reopening to some degree on the next few weeks. Hope everyone is ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Got the car serviced today 100,000kms on my baby :) went to the beach while waiting and it was a beautiful sunny day there :)

Can’t believe from next week and I can head to the border :D Border patrol will probably be on high alert :D

My friend is back on my lap again :D

Loving my days off this week :)
    Will have a couple of glasses of wine again tonight.......

:)

It’s time of the month for me.....wine club arrival day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote: »
    Evening all :) Got the car serviced today 100,000kms on my baby :) went to the beach while waiting and it was a beautiful sunny day there :)

Can’t believe from next week and I can head to the border :D Border patrol will probably be on high alert :D

I'll have to head home & beef up the border posts so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've been worried about the distance now between my OH and I. He is in England. Work.
    Tonight he told me "there is only sea between us...".

Don't let a silly little sea stop you, see my swimming posts :P

Things must be tough on long distance relationships or those singles on the lookout for a partner.

One of the nicer (I guess that's what you'd call it) memories I'll have is when it was announced those cocooning could leave their homes, I'd actually hadn't noticed the lack of older people about, then suddenly seeing older couples out walking hand in hand, it was beautiful.

This is a beautiful song of a day in the life of one old couple, I love it.

Widder, you'll get through this, we all will. I remember back in 1988, I was in Lebanon with the army and writing letters to my GF (we later married). It usually took 2-3 weeks for letters to go between Lebanon and Ireland, so we'd have to number the envelope so we'd read the letters in sequence.

Because of the war there was no real infrastructure in the country, and certainly no telephones. I remember thinking that I was afraid I was going to forget how her voice sounded.

Today's world is a lot smaller, you're both going to be fine. Regards to you and the BF, just keep looking to the future when you'll be together again.

Don't let a silly little sea stop you, see my swimming posts :P

Things must be tough on long distance relationships or those singles on the lookout for a partner.

One of the nicer (I guess that's what you'd call it) memories I'll have is when it was announced those cocooning could leave their homes, I'd actually hadn't noticed the lack of older people about, then suddenly seeing older couples out walking hand in hand, it was beautiful.

This is a beautiful song of a day in the life of one old couple, I love it.

Widder, you'll get through this, we all will. I remember back in 1988, I was in Lebanon with the army and writing letters to my GF (we later married). It usually took 2-3 weeks for letters to go between Lebanon and Ireland, so we'd have to number the envelope so we'd read the letters in sequence.

Because of the war there was no real infrastructure in the country, and certainly no telephones. I remember thinking that I was afraid I was going to forget how her voice sounded.

Today's world is a lot smaller, you're both going to be fine. Regards to you and the BF, just keep looking to the future when you'll be together again.

Thanks very much :)

Told him Im going to.swim it. He said hes alerting the coastguard to a fox in the water :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Watching old gogglebox, early night, the confusion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement