Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

Watching old gogglebox, early night, the confusion

I'm binging on old Gogglebox atm,both Ireland and UK, I love Giles and Mary, Jenny and Lee..Tadgh and Granny from the Irish one.

Just had takeaway, pizza (ham topping due to the fussies),chips and onion rings, absolutely gorgeous, wine to wash it down.

I'm working every day until Wednesday then 4 days off,going back into the office on Monday, I opted for it but feeling anxious about it.

Finally just rained here after a mix of gorgeous hot sun and black clouds all day,met my friend for a walk after work and we went to the shopping centre afterwards, she insisted on buying me a healthy brown bread and spinach leaves to get me eating healthily and then bought me 6 cakes lol,not a bad day overall just dreading the very early starts ahead, I'll take it day by day. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Mak's talk of Life on Mars and reminiscing about the 70s I'm general has me listening to some Glam Rock - a nice bit of Slade followed by T-Rex. I might top it off with some early Roxy Music for a bit of sophisticated irony, (or should that be ironic sophistication?) It has me longing for a pair of two tone platform boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

In me sitting room livin la vida loca... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Watching Brendan Grace on rte now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

On Zoom chatting to friends who live in the Canary Islands. Three on the go on different islands. They are roasting. I have the heating on in June! I fancy another beer and then the takeaway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Big Bowie fan here, my first LP was 'Best of Bowie'.

Not really Bowie related except for the fact that the name comes from Bowie, the 'Sam is listening to Life on Mars when he's involved in an accident in 2006 and he's listening to the same track on his cars 8 track stereo when he wakes up in 1973.. But have you seen 'Life on Mars', Netflix is running it at the moment.

Its brilliant stuff, lots of 70's rock & fashion. I love the show, highly recommended.

Yep, have the complete collection of both Life on Mars and its follow-on show Ashes To Ashes on DVD, Makki. It’s a great show - the clothes, the music, the cars, the storylines...and of course the legend that is Gene Hunt! :D

Life on Mars was set in ‘73, two years before I was born so I have no first hand memory of that time but I do love 70s music (as you know from my FB YouTube posts) and TV drama was superb in the 1970s ... I mean...Fawlty Towers, Monty Python, The Sweeney, The Persuaders, The New Avengers and RTÉ has the excellent Hands.

Actually prefer Ashes To Ashes, as it it’s set between 1981 and ‘83 and I remember that time very well. Fell in love with both the Audi Quattro and actress Keely Hawes, who plays DI Alex Drake. :o There is something very very alluring about her, almost enough to turn me... lol :pac:;)

JupiterKid wrote: »

Actually prefer Ashes To Ashes, as it it’s set between 1981 and ‘83 and I remember that time very well. Fell in love with both the Audi Quattro and actress Keely Hawes, who plays DI Alex Drake. :o There is something very very alluring about her, almost enough to turn me... lol :pac:;)

You're an attractive man so this is great news!

:pac:

Couchside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Love/Hate on RTE1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Couch, beer, crisps, glitch.

Groundhog day part eleventy million. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Love/Hate on RTE1.

Really must get around to this, is it on the player thing?

• Advertisement

The latest I've been up in months. Watching, The Mist and eating a lovely green curry. A skinny coke to wash it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Grandeeod wrote: »
    The latest I've been up in months. Watching, The Mist and eating a lovely green curry. A skinny coke to wash it down.

One of my favourite movie endings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Just remembered I have a bottle of wine back in my place, might have a glass when im back :)

Still Couchside with the cat, pondering things

kowloon wrote: »
    One of my favourite movie endings.

An ending that was way ahead of its time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Any of ye remember back in the 80s/90s Monster Munch (crisps), they are now called Mighty Munch, they'd burn the mouth off you but in a nice way, lovely for a late night snack

Watching a fascinating doc on bbc2 about coronavirus in New York. I've generally avoided covid commentary the past while but I've seen some powerful and emotional recounts of personal stories. A lot of us here are very lucky.

GoneHome wrote: »
    Any of ye remember back in the 80s/90s Monster Munch (crisps), they are now called Mighty Munch, they'd burn the mouth off you but in a nice way, lovely for a late night snack

And stick to the roof of your mouth.

GoneHome wrote: »

Monster Munch > Meanies

And stick to the roof of your mouth.

Yes exactly :P

Monster Munch > Meanies

We've been doing all this rediscovering of 80s/90s crisps since the lockdown, we made the fatal mistake of trying Red HoolaHoops instead of the brown ones :confused: We' learned our lesson after that ;)

• Advertisement

kowloon wrote:
    Monster Munch > Meanies

No. :D

Monster munch and meanies are both still tasty but aren't as nice as they were back in the day. *totally rose tinted glasses face* :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I honestly haven't a clue Grem tbh , and sorry for the late reply , was glitched out :o

On the bed. In the bed. In a sea of bed. Abed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

In bed . It's a threesome with the wee ones. It's the weekend :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Stayed up too late, oops :o

I'm joining the other 2 in the bed, atop the bed and abed.

Goodnight, wherers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

yep.
    Bedside watching a few things on the laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Awake.....aballs

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

You're an attractive man so this is great news!

:pac:

Couchside.

:D:D:D:P:P:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Perse is a wild one. Weigh up your options carefully Jupiter

:D :pac:

First time I met her, she strong armed me into drinking cocktails at 2 in the afternoon.

Bedside, are too much too late in the evening.

Slept very, very little.. This will be a poxy day.

Another in the Goldilocks " This sleep was too little" camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Had some Russian beer last night... really left my insides feeling like Stalingrad circa 1943... Up since 2.30...

• Advertisement

Gah, can't log in to desktop site, annoyance :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good Morning World, getting rather lazy these days, found some great old movies on YouTube such as “A bridge too far, The dirty dozen” and one that I had never heard about called “Hennessy” about the IRA.

Apart from that, nothing to report, I’ve gotten too lazy to even sit by the pool :)

Gosh it's quiet.

Everyone must be off having fun without us.

Couchside with coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I think I over partied last night. Dying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Fire blazing. Rain pouring. There was some confloption on the street near me last night. I haven't a clue what it was, but it was noisy. I hate this weather.

Tableside wondering have I slept through summer.

This weather reinforces that a winter lockdown would be misery.

I worked this morning, showered now and lying on the bed,absolutely depressing weather, totally agree with you leggy,lockdown would have been unbearable if the weather was bad,I'm thinking back to last Saturday, a scorcher, may have to drown our sorrows lads.

Any sign of Sephers?

I worked out this morning but am also just showered and back in bed DD :pac:
    Thinking about a walk in town with some friends and whether it'd be exciting to see some people or sad to see all those closed shops and restaurants.
    But first, a nap :)

smurfjed wrote: »
    Good Morning World, getting rather lazy these days, found some great old movies on YouTube such as “A bridge too far, The dirty dozen” and one that I had never heard about called “Hennessy” about the IRA.

One of the nest war films ever made imo. Was obsessed with Arnhem as a kid. Wanted to be a glider pilot.

Afternoon all :) cloudy here today :( I miss the sun :(

Watching Only fools and horses and it still makes me laugh, never gets old :D

Is the glitch affecting everyone or just me

One of the nest war films ever made imo. Was obsessed with Arnhem as a kid. Wanted to be a glider pilot.

I loved the DC3/C47 mass takeoff, had the pleasure of flying one many many moons ago :)

Speaking of planes, I’m outta here in the morning. About 80 odd nights in this city, so way beyond delighted to go home.

https://youtu.be/bbt2G71uT1M

Autosport wrote: »
    Is the glitch affecting everyone or just me

There's an additional problem with boards, a log in issue, I suspect it may be keeping a few people away..
    Note to self, don't log out of the app grem :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement