Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Anyway, I fear that connection will be well and truly gone now and I'm worried she may even be a little distressed by this person in PPE gear.

I remember my Grandmother had a moment of clarity when she had already had dementia for quite a while. She knew who I was and was aware of what was happening to her. She said goodbye and that she would forget. You never know what is going on with them under the hood or what they're perceiving, even if they can't articulate it.

As for masks, you could try something like this:

It doesn't need to be as fancy, you can cut a hole in something and glue the window in place. It only has to last the duration of a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Today, I should be on day two of an epic 16 day raodtrip around the Balkans with two of my friends. We were supposed to end at my (Croatian) friend's brother's wedding, at which I was promised spit roasted lamb and much dancing. Instead I am sitting at the desk marking essays.

But tonight at least I get to head over the county boarder and see my nanny and granda for the first time since January. We'll be having socially distanced flasks of tea in the yard and my nanny has promised me lemon drizzle cake :D

Buile Beag, I hope the trip to see your gran goes well and doesn't upset either of ye too much - dementia is an awful thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Drinking a smoothie, strawberry and blueberry, really lovely..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Performed minor surgery on myself. Long story. Arent they all :D
    Tired. Want a hug. I am like Blondie, hanging on telephone. "If I dont get your calls then everything goes wrong".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Performed minor surgery on myself. Long story. Arent they all :D
    Tired. Want a hug. I am like Blondie, hanging on telephone. "If I dont get your calls then everything goes wrong".

You can't leave us with just the opening line!.

Performed minor surgery on myself. Long story.

Go on. :D

Ah Widders, go on, go on, go on, go on..

GO ON!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

This guy is now happy

515693.jpeg

515694.jpeg

Smurf are you home?.

• Advertisement

Graphic.
    You asked. Would've been worse if I'd waited for a drs appointment. Already healing.
    https://ibb.co/BGtrrR8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

still couchside, thinking about dinner

got the news that I'm back with home support on the 12th of August so that's good news :)

That looks very sore widdershins :(

No piercing for you! :pac:

Yep, since last night following an epic 81 nights in hotels.

smurfjed wrote: »

You must be so relieved, I'm mad happy for mutt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

delighted for you, welcome home :D

• Advertisement

Now if only the hotel group gave me points for staying, I could whisk the wife away to a palace :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Awww Mutt looks so happy :):D I’m sure your wife is happy to see you to Smurf ;):D

I’m now garden side watching the birds enjoying their food :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Redneck Reject1971

Graphic.
    You asked. Would've been worse if I'd waited for a drs appointment. Already healing.
    How in the world did you manage that?On a side note,you have lovely shaped ears,well aside from the injury,heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Delighted for Mutt! And Smurf of course

I should be in Porto with my bestie but instead I am just finishing a veggie cottage pie... was pretty tasty but not holiday food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Now if only the hotel group gave me points for staying, I could whisk the wife away to a palace :)

Good man Smurf. We are all on a journey of sorts.

Once again I'm sitting in my production space :D It's gearing up for time travel. Seriously! Today I organized all my Super-8mm film I shot from aged 13 to 20 years old. 1985 to late 1991. Bit by bit it will hopefully be heading to a Galway company to be converted to a digital format. I thought I had lost loads of early career stuff last year when I cleared out the attic and didn't find it, but today I got the bonus. I was clearing out the shed and found a suitcase stuffed full of old video tape. Surprisingly most of it wasn't infected with the dreaded mould. However I will have to treat it with respect once I try it in a tape deck.

I realise most won't have a clue what I'm on about, but I'm over the moon lads. A lot of footage on the old video tape shows a very different Ireland.

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Good man Smurf. We are all on a journey of sorts.

Once again I'm sitting in my production space :D It's gearing up for time travel. Seriously! Today I organized all my Super-8mm film I shot from aged 13 to 20 years old. 1985 to late 1991. Bit by bit it will hopefully be heading to a Galway company to be converted to a digital format. I thought I had lost loads of early career stuff last year when I cleared out the attic and didn't find it, but today I got the bonus. I was clearing out the shed and found a suitcase stuffed full of old video tape. Surprisingly most of it wasn't infected with the dreaded mould. However I will have to treat it with respect once I try it in a tape deck.

I realise most won't have a clue what I'm on about, but I'm over the moon lads. A lot of footage on the old video tape shows a very different Ireland.
    Showing your age there,heh.I too remember the 8mm film reels and the hand held projector camera we used to record events.There was no sound to them as well.watching them now makes me realize how old Im getting,heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

:D
    Put that on your profile!

I'm Boardside after being 503ed out since Saturday afternoon. Happy belated birthday Buile!

Me too. Thought I was site banned :)
    Happy Birthday to Buile.

On another note, see who's back?!

To thine own self be true

On another note, see who's back?!

:confused:

kowloon wrote: »
    :confused:

Leggie knows who I'm talking about!

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Today, I should be on day two of an epic 16 day raodtrip around the Balkans with two of my friends

Oh, dissappointed for you!
    I lived it the Balkans for 18 months & travelled as much as I could..... Will go back hopefully in a few years & travel some more.
    Hope you get to do it next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Grandeeod, I'm just looking at my DVD recorder under the Sky box. I’ve been holding on to it just in case :D

I never know who re-reg posters are. Not until they close their account again. To be clear, I'm not the reason they've closed their account again, I've never doxxed anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I do, heh! :D

I do, heh! :D

There you are!Hope you are well.heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

kowloon wrote:
    I never know who re-reg posters are. Not until they close their account again. To be clear, I'm not the reason they've closed their account again, I've never doxxed anyone.

Ah people close their accounts for all sorts of reasons. Not necessarily doxxing. There's also people with extra accounts/ made up characters. Some of them real obvious.

• Advertisement

Ah people close their accounts for all sorts of reasons. Not necessarily doxxing. There's also people with extra accounts/ made up characters. Some of them real obvious.

Some are, heh.

G I love the idea of sorting through (sit watching aimlessly) old footage, just saying, in case you need a volunteer ;)

Watching the channel 4 four part doc about Joanne Lee's and the murder of Peter Falconio. Watched part one last night. It's good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m sat here watching the news, what an exciting life I lead :D

Goodnight mi amigos I'm done for,heh. See you all tomorrow,heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Watching the channel 4 four part doc about Joanne Lee's and the murder of Peter Falconio. Watched part one last night. It's good

Snap. It's a gripping watch right enough.

Snap. It's a gripping watch right enough.

I didn't pay a lot of attention at the time but no way is yer man guilty. Poor bastards been in jail for sixteen years now.

Kitchenside...was really enjoying the soft night air outside but a pair of idiot cats were trying to nobble each other and shrieking in the hedge. I found a little bottle of Jo Malone pomegranate noir, which I was never that impressed by, but I sprayed a sot of it on my wrist and Im really enjoying the dry-down. Warm and sexy.Quite glad I tidiedthat particular cupboard earlier.

How in the world did you manage that?On a side note,you have lovely shaped ears,well aside from the injury,heh.

Hi :)

I wore a heavy pair of drop earrings overnight, a week ago. They enlarged my ear piercings. When I changed to small stud earrings, the butterfly backing clip on one earring got stuck in the piercing hole. The earlobe swelled and swallowed it up. I had to slice it out with a scalpel. It didn't hurt at all.

Couch, can, channel four player

• Advertisement

I wore a heavy pair of drop earrings overnight, a week ago. They enlarged my ear piercings. When I changed to small stud earrings, the butterfly backing clip on one earring got stuck in the piercing hole. The earlobe swelled and swallowed it up. I had to slice it out with a scalpel. It didn't hurt at all.

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Grandeeod, I'm just looking at my DVD recorder under the Sky box. I’ve been holding on to it just in case :D

Feck it in the bin Poochie! Not worth a thing.:D USB all the way!

Up to my neck in TAPE, but watching Invaders from Mars 1953. Kind of feels great because the room has space to do both! Gonna buy a Sofa bed and sleep here.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭4Ad

Kitchenside...was really enjoying the soft night air outside but a pair of idiot cats were trying to nobble each other and shrieking in the hedge. I found a little bottle of Jo Malone pomegranate noir, which I was never that impressed by, but I sprayed a sot of it on my wrist and Im really enjoying the dry-down. Warm and sexy.Quite glad I tidiedthat particular cupboard earlier.

Hi :)

Ouch...Dr Widdershins..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bedside, chilling on my tablet.

Did an online yoga class this evening which was a great help in de-stressing me from being pulled every which way in terms of people looking for me to help them out and do them favors earlier on.

I reckon it’s gonna be an early night for me by my night owl standards. :)

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Did online yoga class which was a great help in de-stressing me from being pulled every which way in terms of people looking for me to help them out and do them favors earlier on.

Does the instructor use your webcam so they can tell you you're doing it wrong?

Nice.

Apologies, very graphic, but RR asked so....

• Advertisement

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Bedside, chilling on my tablet.

Did online yoga class which was a great help in de-stressing me from being pulled every which way in terms of people looking for me to help them out and do them favors earlier on.

I reckon it’s gonna be an early night for me by my night owl standards. :)

I need to get into yoga, body is just a wreck.

Apologies, very graphic, but RR asked so....

I also crave the gore.

I also crave the gore.

I'm awful for it, medical programmes never go gar enough for me :o but growing up we did our family have some gruesome injuries so everything seems a bit tame haha

I remember my Grandmother had a moment of clarity when she had already had dementia for quite a while. She knew who I was and was aware of what was happening to her. She said goodbye and that she would forget. You never know what is going on with them under the hood or what they're perceiving, even if they can't articulate it.

As for masks, you could try something like this:

It doesn't need to be as fancy, you can cut a hole in something and glue the window in place. It only has to last the duration of a visit.

Kowloon, that facemask is actually genius!! I'll see how it goes on Monday and if we're having trouble I'm definitely going to make that. I didn't watch the video yet so I don't know what the purpose was.. if it's just plastic so it's easily wipeable and reusable but that's perfect for my situation and deaf people who rely on lip reading. You just don't think of things do you. Hard to think outside of ourselves and when I'm saying 'everyone should wear masks', while I did think of people who maybe have sensory issues, the deaf community didn't occur to me.

As for a moment of clarity.. I think my gran is gone beyond that unfortunately. She had some in the early days but she's almost a full decade with dementia now so I don't hold out much hope but you never know.

bolgbui41 wrote: »

Buile Beag, I hope the trip to see your gran goes well and doesn't upset either of ye too much - dementia is an awful thing.

Thanks so much Bolgbui. I'm sorry you missed out on your trip. Having been to some Serbian weddings, which would be very similar, I can tell you with total confidence that you didn't miss much.....

Ok I can't keep that lie up, some of the best craic I've had, you missed a great time, I'm sorry!!! :(:(:(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement