Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Deja Boo wrote: »
    she is gorgeous! :)

...I am allergic :mad:
    Cats are allergic to me. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

What a day out there! Tableside with coffee building myself up to wrestle with the lawn mower.

Was going to go shopping but it'll be too busy. Anyone else find they're eating a lot less? If there's any positives to emerge from this they'll be that I'll have a fully organised house and slightly trimmer waist.
    I am eating more often but definitely more healthy and the walking is going to hopefully stop me putting up stones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I've discovered a really cool game to pass at least 5 minutes of the boredom.. Watching the bubbles pop to the surface in a glass of sparkling water.. Pick a bubble at random and wait until it breaks the surface.
    Riveting! You'll thank me later :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I've discovered a really cool game to pass at least 5 minutes of the boredom.. Watching the bubbles pop to the surface in a glass of sparkling water.. Pick a bubble at random and wait until it breaks the surface.
    Riveting! You'll thank me later :)

You've only started playing that now! ?

Here's another one: when it's raining you can pick a raindrop on the window and see how long it takes to trickle down

Also, you can paint a surface and see how long gone it takes to dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just after a coffee and few bourbon creams. I'd forgotten what a good combination they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Back in the garden but with earphones playing Dawn Patrol. Not as good as nature sounds but better than neighbours gutteral guffing.

Heres a trinity of dark flowers.https://ibb.co/pwpWZtv

Wibbs wrote: »
    Is such a thing physically possible W? I think not.

I'm not and never have been normal....

As if to illustrate the above, Im reading peoples happiness at losing weight or managing to not gain it...earlier I was grinning because Ive maintained 9 1/2 stone (yes I still use imperial) for 6 weeks...I could happily carry another stone and am about to dedicate myself to a packet of jaffa cakes with my tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 10 in a row

I thought this was the Talking Heads song, Road to Nowhere.

Well we know where we're going,
    But we don't know, where we've been

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Well I don't think I've eaten as much junk in my life!. So *blows raspberries* to you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Grass cut. I wish that lawnmower was alive so I could murder it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Walking home from getting the shopping. So annoying. It’s about a 2k walk, and there was some kid about 7 or 8 on one of those scooter for two feet flying up and down the path, she stayed behind me for ages. Get up to my estate and I live at the back of it, as I came in she was blocking the path with and she’s flying all over the place on it trying to talk to everyone. Wtf are her parents at

• Advertisement

Mistakenly ordered a dessert wine, but it's nice.
    The red is a good one, will keep that for Sunday.
    https://ibb.co/hMJ67v2

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Widders is that your corkscrew in the photo? It looks nice, any chance of a pic of it?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Listening to Leo .....

Widders is that your corkscrew in the photo? It looks nice, any chance of a pic of it?.

It's a big old antique one someone gave me. https://ibb.co/P5hPD8P

It's a big old antique one someone gave me. https://ibb.co/P5hPD8P

Ooh that's amazing, thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Watching Leo now and May 5th extension. Don't know what to think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Listening to Leo .....

Same here :(

Autosport wrote: »
    Watching Leo now and May 5th extension. Don't know what to think

I think it's a good thing personally .
    If this was a physical war , with bombs and guns , we'd have no problem adhering to the advice given to us . Just Because we can't see the virus , doesn't mean we're not getting bombed by it , if that makes sense .

ETA,
    That is not aimed at you or anyone else btw Auto :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

May 5th at least. Realistically we knew it was coming and it's keeping the numbers down, that's a huge positive.

Time to plan what to do for the next 25 days.

Love the corkscrew, Widders!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking forward to this!

Still looking forward to this 😜

Bedside just woke up from a great nap!

• Advertisement

I've no problem with the extension, it seems to be working and it's for the benefit of everyone but it's very easy for me to do it,my heart goes out to people in difficult situations trying to do this,people with young children living in apartments etc.,it must be so difficult for them.l think the vast majority of us are abiding by the rules 100%, we really are a great gang when we need to be,there'll always be the few but that's to be expected.

I'll dedicate my tipple to all of us later.ðŸ·

Yeah I'm happy that the restrictions are continuing. I mean this is awful but necessary so.. I'd be thinking they'll be extended again even come May tbh. I went to do some shopping one day last week and to the chemist another day and I was so disappointed by what I saw. Busy everywhere. Groups out walking together, stopping to chat to other groups. Cars everywhere. Sulkies on the roads. Obviously we were one of the cars but I just thought it would be so much quieter but if I hadn't seen the news in months I wouldn't have noticed anything was going on.

Had to grab a couple things in the shop last night and drop stuff over to my parents. It was much much quieter. No comparison at all. Now it was later in the day so I'm sure that accounted for some of it but also we were stopped four times by guards in that short space of time we were out. We were told only one of us should go to the shop in the future. I think that's fair. You're less likely to go off gallivanting by yourself but you would pop to the shop by yourself so that might be a good way of helping to police what people are really up to when they say they're going to the shop. If I'm explaining what I mean even half way right. I'm wrecked today so my brains on a go slow.

Anyway, I'm just about to mop the kitchen floor. Was out in the garden and himself has cut out our bee landing strip. We made it about 2metres wide but about 15 meters long. I'm actually delighted about it!

I think it's a good thing personally .
    If this was a physical war , with bombs and guns , we'd have no problem adhering to the advice given to us . Just Because we can't see the virus , doesn't mean we're not getting bombed by it , if that makes sense .

ETA,
    That is not aimed at you or anyone else btw Auto :)

Mam I never thought it was aimed at me personally and I never took it that way ((Hugs)) I just miss CH :(

Mam I never thought it was aimed at me personally and I never took it that way ((Hugs)) I just miss CH :(

Thanks Auto , I thought it may have seemed that way as I quoted your post , sorry , hugs to you too x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Delighted with the extension, we were actually making out a list this morning of the jobs we'd plan to get stuck into around the house and garden if we were off for another couple of weeks, so now that it's for a least another three weeks there's going to be major work done, fecking delighted with that now. Currently couchside having a Friday evening beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

GoneHome wrote: »
    Delighted with the extension, we were actually making out a list this morning of the jobs we'd plan to get stuck into around the house and garden if we were off for another couple of weeks, so now that it's for a least another three weeks there's going to be major work done, fecking delighted with that now. Currently couchside having a Friday evening beer.

The extension has to be done, but I'm not delighted, because it's very hard to be on a reduced income, dipping into savings and not knowing what my work situation will be in the months ahead. Currently in the back garden watching the cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Grandeeod wrote: »
    The extension has to be done, but I'm not delighted, because it's very hard to be on a reduced income, dipping into savings and not knowing what my work situation will be in the months ahead.

Sorry to hear that G, we're on the €350 each but we're lucky in that our mortgage repayments are very small and we've no other loans etc to be paying back so €700 a week is more than enough for us as we've nothing to be spending it on by staying at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

GoneHome wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that G, we're on the €350 each but we're lucky in that our mortgage repayments are very small and we've no other loans etc to be paying back so €700 a week is more than enough for us as we've nothing to be spending it on by staying at home.

A nice place to be GH. I'm on the €350 too. Thank feck for being legit. However the long term work implications look grim. The last recession cost me dearly and lead to a downward wage trend with younger people willing to work for less. Any further decrease and I may become a dole lifer and that's not my thing. I went to London in January for a better role and bigger money. A return is looking unlikely due to various circumstances.

Anyway. Opening more of that easy to drink Canadian Molson, because CH drove me to it!:D

I'm nearly at the "quoting Loreena McKennitt" stage (it doesn't take much).
    I'm at the "smiling benevolently at the neighbours" stage.

Going to chat to friend in London for hours. I've mentioned him, "V". Soulmate buddy.

• Advertisement

Just home after a one hour walk,its just gorgeous, mainly off road,through a few slopes and ditches then along a gorgeous little stream with loads of ducks,the colours on them are fantastic, one has the most beautiful green neck and they seemed to be all paired in couples.

Wine has been poured and we are getting a takeaway for the first time in weeks, chips and pizza (only ham topping as I live with plain eaters and we're getting one huge one).

Weather wise today has been my perfect day,just the right temperature for me and most importantly no breeze, I don't care how warm it is I just hate any breeze.

Despite everything I'm very content at the moment, I went to the butchers and Boots earlier, no music on,no queue, 3 people allowed in at a time, I'm all for no music in the shopping centres and I love a pub with just low music.

I think I'm tipsy after one glass, that's grand because I have been so anti alcohol recently I'm glad to actually enjoy this one.

I'm rambling lol..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Feeling for everyone on 350 per week. I really hope it is short term. I might be ok for the next few months. That's as good as it goes for the moment.

I'd booked a self employed lad to do a bit of work in my garden/patio/paving just before lockdown. He was trying to keep going as long as he could. I sent him a message yesterday to say, once we are back, the job is there for him. Anyone still working needs to keep the economy going as best they can.

I don't mind reaching into the Rainy Day Pot.

It doesn't get much more rainy than this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Widders where is the cat related pic you promised us cat lovers this morning ☹️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Had my first glass of wine since lockdown began and it’s gone straight to my head, lovely!
    Fine with the extended restriction period, think it’s for the best, but aware it’s easier for some than others.

Finished dinner and going for a ramble around the garden, I may be some time (not) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Completely understand why the restrictions have to continue but its a pain. I'm really struggling with my mental health at work because we are on limited staff, it's not going to get any easier to do the job with additional restrictions,.

All I can do is hope the end is sooner rather than later for all our sakes.

On a more positive note, I finally managed to finish a college assignment I've been working on since early January and it's like a massive weight off my shoulders

Widders where is the cat related pic you promised us cat lovers this morning ☹️

All will be revealed :)

• Advertisement

All will be revealed :)

Ok then 🐱

Lying on my bed patting my belly after dinner , pizza and garlic bread and coke, happy sephers .

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSfhZKZBF2R_kKCuoumA5GrCM_BKsvTD_MFmUklfGZ46nP5FGTK&usqp=CAU

Awaiting pizza here

Cooking smoked Cooley, Hash Browns and chips for dinner :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I love smoked Coley.....I had stew. Two bowls of it and too full now. Gluttony is an awful thing.

Awaiting pizza here

I hope its nicer than mine,pure dry ****e and it was from our regular place,they have definitely changed the base and toppings were sparce,never again, I stuffed myself with chips and sick as a dog now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Love Cooley . Thank god for those cook bags . Micro for X mins and done !

Any posts from Guy lately ? Or Pretzill ?

I would like a chocolate muffin .
    I don't have any though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Any posts from Guy lately ? Or Pretzill ?

I would like a chocolate muffin .
    I don't have any though :pac:

Redneck is gone to ground too.

To thine own self be true

cj maxx wrote: »
    Love Cooley . Thank god for those cook bags . Micro for X mins and done !

Are they stored beside the sandwich bags in the supermarket etc?? I must try them :)

Couchside watching For the love of dogs :)

Kitchen time for a cupan tae.

Fish?

Kitchen time for a cupan tae.

Fish?

Yea

Yea

*slides plate across*

😁

Redneck is gone to ground too.

Think they closed their account again Purple Mountain .

I hope its nicer than mine,pure dry ****e and it was from our regular place,they have definitely changed the base and toppings were sparce,never again, I stuffed myself with chips and sick as a dog now.

A wooza sicilian, the dog's bollocks, stuffed like a happy belly buddha on the couch. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Are they stored beside the sandwich bags in the supermarket etc?? I must try them :)

Couchside watching For the love of dogs :)

Love that.

Dog Lovers: Have you watched Dogs on Netflix?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement