Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Black Forest , happy travels with the don(key)!

Sardonicat , I agree with Leggy , stress could be exacerbating it , take it easy on yourself .

Crazy Cat Lady , lovely gift to receive !

In the car , getting ready to feel human again !
    (Translation- haircut time :pac: )
    Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Making a list of things I need for the new apartment.

Making a list of crap I need to bring with me.

Trying not to lose my mind :D

Oh that's a really pretty necklace TCCL!

Thanks guys :D was a lovely surprise, I know the guy fancies me, but I'm not really in the right 'headspace' to date at the moment

Couchside, so full after my dinner.

Welcome back Seph :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hi Seph.
    Were you sulking or just lurking? :)
    Mam, how did your hair cut turn out?
    I'm taking my annual leave starting today but it's such an anticlimax.
    I'm looking around the house for jobs to do instead of planning nice trips :(

Turned out great PM thank you. It's huge the difference having your hair cut can make you feel , always a nice boost imo .

Enjoy your leave , you'll plan a few nice trips around the place I'd say :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I was on the M7 yesterday and today for the first time in months. I nearly pissed myself with the sheer excitement. :D But I got done today in Kildare for spoiling myself at 134kph in a 120kph. No mercy. But then I'm delighted to cough up the fine to contribute to the busted economy.

I'm not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mike Hough

Had a lovely Chinese....diet lasted 24 hours.....

Tomorrow's another day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Welcome back, Seph!

Cat Lady, sometimes it's just lovely to know someone thinks you're special, even when the timing's wrong or circumstances don't allow anything to happen or you're falling just short of feeling it yourself. Fair play to him for letting his feelings show with that gesture. That takes courage and is a sign he's fairly special himself. These are the gestures that you carry with you through life and sustain you through tough times.

Speaking of which, it turns out I did a bit of damage when I fell today. As I tried to right myself my ankle gave way (thanks to my stupid, fabulous, groovy 90s vibe sandals with the tyre track soles ) . It didn't hurt that much at the time and was just a bit sore for a few hours after. But once I tried to stand up after lunch that changed drastically. I've now got a ridiculous walk that would function superbly in a paraody of the Gestapo lads in 'Allo 'Allo.

Proper little rain cloud I am today. Keeping myself smiling with a memory of someone who let me know he found me special long, long ago (Please don't tell Mr. Sardi, Cat Lady has me all nostalgic)

Now it's time to limp off to make a bed (baaad idea to change the sheets today) and chase down a cat so he can have his inhaler. This will probably hurt a lot but look hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just back from the supermarket. Trying to go in person every other shop so I don't become a total recluse.
    Young lad cycled in to me, came around a blind corner on his bike at full tilt. Gave me some shock but he got an equal shock as I just shouted WTF at him a couple of times! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Hi Seph.
    Were you sulking or just lurking? :)
    Mam, how did your hair cut turn out?
    I'm taking my annual leave starting today but it's such an anticlimax.
    I'm looking around the house for jobs to do instead of planning nice trips :(
    There's plenty of hoovering and mopping here if you're at a loose end.

I'll throw in a takeaway too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I was on the M7 yesterday and today for the first time in months. I nearly pissed myself with the sheer excitement. :D But I got done today in Kildare for spoiling myself at 134kph in a 120kph. No mercy. But then I'm delighted to cough up the fine to contribute to the busted economy.

I'm not really.

Ah yeah they're forever on the N7 and M7 these days, it's a novelty to do a journey there now and NOT see a Guard or a speed van. I'm on that twice a day Mon-Fri and ya gotta drive like a nun on there really. Or a priest, I've no idea why I resorted to such blatant sexism there, just drive like a member of the clergy, I don't mind offending countless catholics once I keep it gender neutral....

Actually I was driving on a rural road the other day and tipping along in my (not so) sexy red van and like most modern vans you cant see back with rear view mirror and I was in the process of attempting to open a bottle of orangina (closest thing I can find to Britvic-55 these days which used to be BEAUTIFUL by the way) and eventually spotted the blue lights flashing behind me in the wing mirror. Fecker in his jeep tailing me and giving me the flashing blue lights, no siren though.
    So I checked speedo and 104 in a 100 zone. Was well p!ssed off.
    No hard shoulder so I'm now looking for somewhere to pull in but cant find anywhere and also now frantically trying to get lid back on the feckin orangina. Eventually I just had to indicate left to let him/her know I was intending to pull over when I could and I'm rehearsing my speech about 104 in a 100 being harsh when suddenly he overtakes me and flies past me.
    Then I copped (pun intended) that it wasn't a Garda jeep but a fire jeep.
    He pulled in a bit up the road at some houses, none of which had any smoke coming from them so God only knows.....
    Some relief though. Never drank the orangina after. Got in and poured myself a nice glass of vino instead. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

There's plenty of hoovering and mopping here if you're at a loose end.

I'll throw in a takeaway too.

That's the point, I've a marathon of work here inside and out but all I want is to go away for a few days to somewhere where the weather knows it's June :(
    Tbh I'm still nervous to go anywhere in Ireland yet. I'm so used to staying home or just going to work, I don't know if I'd book a stay cation just yet.

To thine own self be true

Busy night here , can't keep up with the thread at all !

That's the point, I've a marathon of work here inside and out but all I want is to go away for a few days to somewhere where the weather knows it's June :(
    Tbh I'm still nervous to go anywhere in Ireland yet. I'm so used to staying home or just going to work, I don't know if I'd book a stay cation just yet.

I was talking earlier about booking an air bnb somewhere with a few things scenic things to see. It would be quiet enough - make breakfast and lunch, then takeaway and a few drinks at night. Anything to see a different set of walls at this stage!

Good weather would be a bonus though.

... glitch glitch glitch ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

... glitch glitch glitch ..

I thought it was just me.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Damn that weighing scales anyway.. It's lying and gravity is extra strong today.

• Advertisement

NewRed I remember empty glass bottles of britvic in the shed at home. I used them for my concoctions and might even have poured one over the head of my younger cousin :pac:

I am couchside getting ready to watch Snowpiercer and eyeing up a beer. Ponstan and booze? Don't mind if I do!

Now everyone get back on your knees praying!!

:D

Damn that weighing scales anyway.. It's lying and gravity is extra strong today.

I think they're all broken, Grem. Better to be safe and avoid them altogether.

RMAOK wrote: »
    I thought it was just me.....

That was a long glitch !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I think they're all broken, Grem. Better to be safe and avoid them altogether.

Mine you can weigh yourself, step off, and weigh yourself again, out by a pound and a half. I don't bother myself with it now and just go on what I do on the exercise bike. Up to 32km today, want to get to 50 because it's a nice round number. Need to buy some weights but they're something you can't really order on Amazon, what with them being heavy and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Keeping the husbag company while he does a bit of work. I’m drinking so I’m happy anyway

• Advertisement

Was in Lidl today , those apple turnovers look lovely , but I left them there . Bypassed the yum yums too !
    I did pick up the pan au chocolait or whatever you call them , the one's with chocolate in the middle :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    *crossface*

Deskisde doing my best puppy dog eyed impression for poochie 😸

med_1538326435_image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

NewRed I remember empty glass bottles of britvic in the shed at home. I used them for my concoctions and might even have poured one over the head of my younger cousin :pac:

I am couchside getting ready to watch Snowpiercer and eyeing up a beer. Ponstan and booze? Don't mind if I do!

Now everyone get back on your knees praying!!

Oh Perse, it's wee bottles of magic. The Britvic juice is still sold but the Britvic55 was the fizzy version of it and was nectar of the Gods. Cant find it anywhere nowadays. It vanished, a bit like Fat Frog ice lollies which were the Britvic-55 version of ice creams imo.
    Why do they always take away the good ones? Why God, why???!!
    I'm sure yer cousin thanked you for the free shampoo-job!! :pac:

Nothing wrong with a nice relaxing combo of ponstan and beer, ya mad fooker :D
    Should make ya sleep well anyway, you'll be up fresh as a daisy for the 6pm news tomorrow :)
    But yeah was skimming thread earlier and saw ya mention dental issue alright, hope yer on the mend matey. Take care.

Anyone see honeybear or Guy Person lately?

I hope they're ok.

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Oh Perse, it's wee bottles of magic. The Britvic juice is still sold but the Britvic55 was the fizzy version of it and was nectar of the Gods. Cant find it anywhere nowadays. It vanished, a bit like Fat Frog ice lollies which were the Britvic-55 version of ice creams imo.

Yes, that stuff was nice. I made an ersatz version of it with concentrated orange juice and sparkling water put it was a poor imitation.

Anyone see honeybear or Guy Person lately?

I hope they're ok.

Retro seems quiet too lately.
    And I saw KathleenGrant post in another thread but not been here in a bit.
    People are probably back busy again at work.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I think this place is a bit like a local cafe, sometimes you'll see people who usually come in passing by, like you said, they may be too busy to hang about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mike Hough

I think this place is a bit like a local cafe, sometimes you'll see people who usually come in passing by, like you said, they may be too busy to hang about.

That's going to be be next user name...... "Bad Curry"

I'm just passing through!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Closest that I can get to a pint of Guinness

518428.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Bypassed the yum yums too !

You have greater willpower than me, Mam! :D

Deskside. Post walk in crazy dense fog, post 2 coffees. Working.

Was invited for pints of Guinness tomorrow evening, but gonna stir clear until i have this impacted wisdom cut out Monday week..

Happy hump day!

• Advertisement

Werk Werk Werk. Day 4 in the House of Pain.

Dave, I'll be thinking of you as travel on your dental journey. Thoughts and prayers.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I think I pulled a muscle from coughing and my back is sore. I have packing to do today and I don't have time for this!

@Perse I'll be on my knees alright but I won't be praying :D

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    I think I pulled a muscle from coughing and my back is sore. I have packing to do today and I don't have time for this!

@Perse I'll be on my knees alright but I won't be praying :D

The most I can get in to my mouth is a spaghetti string :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

He got the back seat today so isn’t impressed

attachment.php?attachmentid=518441&d=1593593938

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Werk Werk Werk. Day 4 in the House of Pain.

Dave, I'll be thinking of you as travel on your dental journey. Thoughts and prayers.

:p

Thanks Perse! I'll be sure to keep you all informed about my pain and discomfort! With a bit of luck I'll be doped out of it for a few days :D;) Sounds like you could do with a little somethin somethin for the pain too!

Thanks Perse! I'll be sure to keep you all informed about my pain and discomfort! With a bit of luck I'll be doped out of it for a few days :D;) Sounds like you could do with a little somethin somethin for the pain too!

A joint would be nice Dave but I'll stick to my boring prescription drugs.

All joking aside I do hope the extraction goes well for you. Problems with wisdom teeth can he really painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Deskside with a Coffee, wondering if people will stop whinging as this virus is here for a good while, only so many calls from realitives/friends i can take:(
    so you've lost your holiday, what can i do ?
    Sorry had to vent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭GoatBoy74

@Perse I'll be on my knees alright but I won't be praying :D[/quote]

What will you be doing? Laying carpet?

Don't you love when you can have a chat with decent , genuinely honest people , and you get each others sense of humour too ?

Anyhow , on topic , oldest munchkin here , painting and singing away happily :)

• Advertisement

Yahoo!! Home time.

Tae and toast on the couch. Pain bad today, feckin most of my joints are bad, lot of muscles too. Bugger..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Ultima Thule

Went out to a coffee shop for the first time since the reopening. Couldn't help wondering about the etiquette of people going solo in cafe and pubs these days.

Limited tables of four now being taken up by one person. It's not like the other times when you can always be asked if others could sit if the place was busy.

Would some establishments now only take bookings for minimum numbers only?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Absolutely wrecked on the couch. Packed my whole life into one suitcase. Don't ask me how I managed this. Time for a sausage butty! :)

Love how doggo has decided to call in and mind me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Deskside trying to appear productive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside, not doing so well today with a sore throat, a mouth ulcer, a headache and an infection :(

Bedside, not doing so well today with a sore throat, a mouth ulcer, a headache and an infection :(

Oh dear have you got someone to mind you?

Oh nasty. I can't remember which vitamin that's a sign of being deficient in. Ask your pharmacist.

Oh nasty. I can't remember which vitamin that's a sign of being deficient in. Ask your pharmacist.

B12, vegetarians usually often a supplement for it.

God love you Aspie :( You must be in bits. I hope your painkillers are strong because sleep can being a much needed escape.

Speaking of which, I am bedside eating toast and getting crumbs everywhere :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement