Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

In bed. Peaceful.
    Goodnight, strangers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

As a night cap, I'd like to say that I'm seeing an awful lot of self interest and greed out there in the micro business world. I hope those partaking in it lose everything. I hope those not partaking in it prosper in the future. If you work in a job, may you get it back and recover. I always knew the world was full of greed, but this particular event has really highlighted it for me.

Living Room. Feeling sickened to the pit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Grandeeod wrote: »
    As a night cap, I'd like to say that I'm seeing an awful lot of self interest and greed out there in the micro business world. I hope those partaking in it lose everything. I hope those not partaking in it prosper in the future. If you work in a job, may you get it back and recover. I always knew the world was full of greed, but this particular event has really highlighted it for me.

Living Room. Feeling sickened to the pit.

What do you mean Grandeeod?. Very concerning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

G I'm with you a hundred per cent, it's too hard to think about for any length of time

Its clearly gone over my head then.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

anewme wrote: »
    Its clearly gone over my head then.

Businesses managing to remain open putting employees at risk, even making profit from covid,briefly speaking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Anyone else think it's a lot colder tonight? My hands and feet are freezing !
    Tomorrow is meant to be another good day though :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's a lot colder tonight? My hands and feet are freezing !
    Tomorrow is meant to be another good day though :)

It's been a cooler few days, the last couple of mornings were well sharp. Its mostly dry here though so I'll take that :)

Businesses managing to remain open putting employees at risk, even making profit from covid,briefly speaking

I've clearly missed something, so apologies.

• Advertisement

It's been a cooler few days, the last couple of mornings were well sharp. Its mostly dry here though so I'll take that :)

Oh same here Grem !
    I think this whole situation we're all in would be a hell of a lot harder to bear if we hadn't the bright sunny days tbh.

Think it's nearly time for me and all my bockety bones to head to the cot. Loads of joint pain, guessing the colder weather to blame.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In bed, doing online shopping. Save me from myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Got on early for a meeting at 8:30.. but it got moved at the last minute. Ah well!

Not much else to do but drink coffee I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Good morning all! It is a nippy but nice morning out there, I had to wear a hat & gloves for my walk this morning. I am now couchside scoffing my face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Beautiful morning out there, but I was glad I wore my thermals when I went out for my walk - most of the fields are covered in frost. Now deskside, doing last minute preparation for my first online seminar this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Couchside, finishing my morning coffee and trying to motivate myself to either do housework or go for a walk.

Gorgeous morning !
    We're back to the glitch bringing the old pages up again , interesting reading :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with the sweet stuff beside me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

We're back in the tardis time travelling, nice to see a time before Covid-19.

Tableside with coffee (instant), a sad day here today as I'm going to start washing windows. I'd rather put my head through them, but needs must.

• Advertisement

Tableside with coffee (instant), a sad day here today as I'm going to start washing windows. I'd rather put my head through them, but needs must.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The second worst job to do around the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I must buy shares in a tea company. There seems to be some amount of it being put away at the moment if people here are anything to go by. :D
    A guy I know sent me a text at 3;30 in the morning to say he was thinking of me.
    Can't get a man when I could go out on a date and now 2 gob****es text me the same week.

I must buy shares in a tea company. There seems to be some amount of it being put away at the moment if people here are anything to go by. :D
    A guy I know sent me a text at 3;30 in the morning to say he was thinking of me.
    Can't get a man when I could go out on a date and now 2 gob****es text me the same week.

Make sure you invest in Barry's or Bewleys and not that other muck that shan't be named :-P

Make sure you invest in Lyons red or Lyons green and not that other muck that shan't be named (Barry's and Bewelys):-P

Clearly Sephers has spelled LYONS incorrectly twice in his post... so I corrected it for him.

Options Kathleen, options! :)

I know this is probably a stupid question but is tea not just tea?

Clearly Sephers has spelled LYONS incorrectly twice in his post... so I corrected it for him.

Options Kathleen, options! :)

When I say that word I spit fire so don't anymore :-P

669a787e739c53fd56e39159b2fa5c9e.gif

I can't believe what I just read.....

:pac::pac:

Some black tea brands seem stronger than others.

Just in from the sun. Oh gone for groceries.
    Reading latest RR Haywood book.

When I say that word I spit fire so don't anymore :-P

669a787e739c53fd56e39159b2fa5c9e.gif

I can't believe what I just read.....

:pac::pac:

I don't really drink tea. Been nearly 2 months since I drank tea.

Some black tea brands seem stronger than others.

Just in from the sun. Oh gone for groceries.
    Reading latest RR Haywood book.

What does he/She write and would you recommend?

What does he/She write and would you recommend?

He writes time travel and zombie survival stories set in England. Its very silly absurd humour. Smart arsed characters and funny dialogue. I'd definitely recommend for light relief and a giggle.

• Advertisement

He writes time travel and zombie survival stories set in England. Its very silly absurd humour. Smart arsed characters and funny dialogue. I'd definitely recommend for light relief and a giggle.

Zombie ones any good ?

I'm waiting for book 3 of the kingkiller chronicle by Patrick rothfuss, I don't know will we ever get it at this point.

Zombie ones any good ?

I'm waiting for book 3 of the kingkiller chronicle by Patrick rothfuss, I don't know will we ever get it at this point.

They're amusing and there's a mystery to the story too.
    If you're after horror gore, it's not like that. Which suits me as I hate gratuitous violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I don't really drink tea. Been nearly 2 months since I drank tea.

The last time I had a cup of tea, the packet said "product of Ceylon"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I’m surprised that you didn’t get an immediate ban for that statement :):)

But I will support you, i hate the bloody stuff, only drink green tea coz the missus forces me to, but i consider that the same as drinking medicine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Deskside with the sweet stuff beside me

Is that your pet name for someone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Its quiet in here today. Ye must be all busy planning my birthday present.
    It is just slightly over 6 months away after all...

Landscaping done for a neighbour, started before 8am with the ambition of completing by lunchtime. She inspected the work and happily dismissed me. Showered now and ready to unwind with a beach read in the back garden.

Its quiet in here today. Ye must be all busy planning my birthday present.
    It is just slightly over 6 months away after all...

Mine's today, stand in line!

Looks like I'm getting a birthday sting if this stalkerish wasp keeps pursuing me around my garden.

Happy Birthday Widdershins !
    Hope you have a great day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Happy birthday Widders.

I was going to wish Widdershins a HB and say at least she has her other half there to celebrate it with her , but I was afraid of some minds going into the gutter :pac:

Thanks everyone :)
    Lovely people xxx

It's hot, sunny, I'm alive and healthier and mostly sane, and have good company. I'd really like some wine though, if anyone wants to send some through the wifi...

Ive got Marvin Gaye singing "pour it through the wifi" circulating in my ears now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

I'm sat procrastinating about making my pancakes :(

happy birthday widdershins:)

Happy Birthday Widdershins.
    Hope you are being pampered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Happy Birthday Widders! :)
    I am currently stamping on grapes, wine will be with you in the next few hours.

Homeside after my second walk of the day. I got very lucky and managed to get a whole lovely field to myself for an hour, 'twas blissful.
    https://ibb.co/qnFG3tV
    https://ibb.co/T0LXrWp
    https://ibb.co/XJyfwRt
    https://ibb.co/ZzrqT8R

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Happy Birthday 🥳 @Widdershins...baked you a tiny virtual bee sting cake. Better than a wasp whatever...😂

509534.jpeg

Enjoy your special day! There is a nice little story behind this cake.😉

Found an easy recipe as well. 😋😄

Have fun...🎂🥂

That cake story is fabulous, Black Forest :)

Good work, Guy! I can't wait. I dont need it aged or anything, Guy, Id drink it out of a smelly welly today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Here you go Widders!

tenor.gif

That cake looks unreal black forest. I'll be convincing himself to bake me that! ;)

Edited to add.. Happy Birthday Widders! Sorry I got distracted by the cake! :D:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement