Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'll arrange it tomorrow, thanks! :D

No problem at all , I'd offer to go do them , but this 2km thing...... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Im in bed...heard the child scream twice...so out I jumped and rushed into her room...
    She's watching Harry Potter on her dvd with headphones...
    and Hagrids big ass spiders just scared her shítless :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I power wash the whole house, roof included ;)

The excitement :D

Im in bed...heard the child scream twice...so out I jumped and rushed into her room...
    She's watching Harry Potter on her dvd with headphones...
    and Hagrids big ass spiders just scared her shítless :D

Awww cute daddy moment :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Dragged from a very interesting dream by my psychotic cat, not the gingerbeast, the silver harpy.

She was attacking the ginger up and down the stairs and across my bed.

Now eating kirsch chocolate with hot tea. Not sure the chocolate is safe, there's quite a bloom on it. I'm cross and need the sugar. Live dangerously...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Probably safer facing the chocolate rather than the cat!

Probably safer facing the chocolate rather than the cat!

Ive already dealt with her :D
    Expert cat wrangler. Threw a jumper over her and dived in and shut her in the hall.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Excellent work, i too am a wrap them then deal with them type.. Had to give plenty of tablets to cats in my younger days..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Save me some stew :D

MRVQo6T.gif

(it's sooooo good, thank you chef grandeeod!)

may need to powerwash the kitchen now :o

I'll do the power washing for some stew :D

We have a deal! :D

qTnlCel.jpg?1

*throws everything in wheelbarrow and runs through car wash*

:D My hero !

your stew awaits madam :)
    Classic-Homemade-Beef-Stew-tasteandtellblog.com-4-600x900.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Deja Boo wrote: »
    :D My hero !

your stew awaits madam :)
    Classic-Homemade-Beef-Stew-tasteandtellblog.com-4-600x900.jpg

You're welcome!

This waking up early lark is a pain in the arse.

*isolates peas, then hoovers up stew* Ta Boo :)

G, are you getting much sleep?

That flipping bird fooled me again this morning! Don't know what type he is, but sounded just like the dog crying at 6.15, off I toddled to let him out for a pee pee, to find him lying on their couch, one eye open looking at me!
    Of course, no back to bed, so coffee now. I do love early mornings though....

I may have to bring some of my 'work equipment' to sort out this bird...... Bang Bang :)

G, are you getting much sleep?

I am Grem. But the cycle is bed early and awake early. Even if I have a few scoops the night before, 6 hours later I'm awake. Can't lie on.

• Advertisement

Bubbly, play it a different tune, maybe it'll mimic it?? I mean, could happen, right?

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I am Grem. But the cycle is bed early and awake early. Even if I have a few scoops the night before, 6 hours later I'm awake. Can't lie on.

Can't get to sleep, then can't get up :rolleyes: Is your room blacked out enough just in case brightness is getting to you?

You need less Sleep as you get older G, sorry :)

Can't get to sleep, then can't get up :rolleyes: Is your room blacked out enough just in case brightness is getting to you?

Nah. Cream curtains so when the sun rises, in it shines as facing east.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Wakey wakey. Time to shine.

Feck that, black out blinds are ready for me when I get home :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning and greetings from a dark overcast day, I was lazy and stayed in bed much later than usual, but wasn’t wearing my Apple Watch, so there is no evidence :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Good morning all.

Workside. Stressed out to flip. Think I have a stomach ulcer - well it feels like it anyway, and kept waking me up with pain during the night so I don’t even think it’s a stress thing. Dad is in Beaumont with Covid but not in ICU, so have to keep positive as I can’t even go back to see him. He’s super strong though in general.

This fking year! Just want to curl in a ball on the ground.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just opened a new bag of coffee beans, "Mysore" will report back with on whether they come sephers approved or not momentarily :3

Good morning all.

Workside. Stressed out to flip. Think I have a stomach ulcer - well it feels like it anyway, and kept waking me up with pain during the night so I don’t even think it’s a stress thing. Dad is in Beaumont with Covid but not in ICU, so have to keep positive as I can’t even go back to see him. He’s super strong though in general.

*hugs*

• Advertisement

Good morning all.

Hope your dad gets better soon Fluffy, get something in the chemist for your stomach, it could be stress but no harm in getting imodium or something similar, mind yourself. x

Day off, still bedside, did loads of decluttering yesterday and I'm crippled this morning ,aches and pains everywhere.

A cup of tea first thing makes a huge difference.
    There was no milk this morning so I had to scuttle to the shop for milk.
    I was slower than usual and freezing cold despite the bright sunshine. Feeling the warm glow spread like tendrils through my arms and legs after cup of tea number 1. Relief.

Ps. Angry Cat is minding a front paw after throwing herself up and down the stairs in pursuit of Harmless Cat. She never learns, though.

Morning all :)

Anewme, Guy and Fluffy I'll light a candle for your parents :)

Sunny morning here and the power washer is ready to go :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Anewme, Guy and Fluffy I'll light a candle for your parents :)

Sunny morning here and the power washer is ready to go :D

Love that saying Auto , so true imo :)

Waiting on Leggys windows to arrive, coffee first .

Heading out for a walk but before I go here's my report :cool:
    Just opened a new bag of coffee beans, "Mysore" will report back with on whether they come sephers approved or not momentarily :3

I'm happy to announce this comes sephers approved, when you open the packet first your nostrils are met with a fruity goodness and gooseberry smell, you can really taste the Fruity goodness and it tingles on your tongue for a bit and it has a sweet Gooseberry after taste which will stay with you for minutes after :cool: :3

:-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

Heading out for a walk but before I go here's my report :cool:

I'm happy to announce this comes sephers approved, when you open the packet first your nostrils are met with a fruity goodness and gooseberry smell, you can really taste the Fruity goodness and it tingles on your tongue for a bit and it has a sweet Gooseberry after taste which will stay with you for minutes after :cool: :3

:-P

Lob 3 sugar in and a good dollop of milk and it'll be even better lol.lol

gifted wrote: »
    Lol 3 sugar in and a good dollop of milk and it'll be even better lol.lol

How dare you gifted!

tenor.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Wondering if Sephers would like some of the gooseberries that I have in the freezer ;)

Home-side about to go garden-side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Fluffy, ring your doctor for advice. If it is an ulcer they can prescribe meds, if it's caused/aggravated by stress they can help with that too. I hope your dad is ok, the worry must be awful.

Mam, the courier is just loading up the windows now. :pac:

Tableside with coffee about to do some more work work. I'm trying to figure out if I do very little in work or if I'm more efficient at home without distractions. :cool:

• Advertisement

Thanks guys and, Auto, a candle would be so much appreciated! I'll send well wishes to you all. And hugs!

My mum doesn't know about my dad yet - they're separated years and she's in a different county, but they're still good friends so I'll have to tell her today as my info comes from my dad's current wife.

Swear to God, from June, things will be better. No reason, except it has to!

My doc is closed 'cause of stupid Covid. But will go to a pharmacy this evening. Really hurts.

Ok. More cheery thoughts!! Kittens and rainbows and thoughts of good coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sitting in sitting room with feet up on the window sill waiting for fastway to deliver my asos order, afraid to move incase I miss it even though I have a working doorbell. Himself reckons I’ve little to be doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Fluffy towel, I’m sorry to hear!! Hope all is well soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Couchside scoffing lunch.
    Sorry to read of your troubles Fluffy. I hope you and your Dad will be ok. Seph is the man to see for good coffee it seems but here is a rainbow kitten gif for you.

funny-gif-of-a-rainbow-colored-wand-zapping-a-kitten-to-make-it-a-multi-colored-cat

0lddog wrote: »
    Wondering if Sephers would like some of the gooseberries that I have in the freezer ;)

Ehhh nah you're grand thanks

*backs away slowly*

Kittens and thoughts of good coffee.

Sephers approves of this

tenor.gif

Oh yes he does :-P

Thanks guys and, Auto, a candle would be so much appreciated! I'll send well wishes to you all. And hugs!

My mum doesn't know about my dad yet - they're separated years and she's in a different county, but they're still good friends so I'll have to tell her today as my info comes from my dad's current wife.

Swear to God, from June, things will be better. No reason, except it has to!

My doc is closed 'cause of stupid Covid. But will go to a pharmacy this evening. Really hurts.

Hugs Fluffy Towel , will light a candle here too , and hope you get something for yourself and feel better soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Afternoon wherers. Challenging morning here. Dad very cranky and agitated so it has been tough going and I was bemoaning my lot. Then I read the posts of those of you worried for your sick folks and I feel chastened. Mildly annoyed that I bothered my @rse to hang the clothes out ( even hung the socks in pairs ) and no sooner had the last item been pegged it clouded over. I've a lot to be worrying me, heh?

Loving the cat gifs.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Afternoon wherers. Challenging morning here. Dad very cranky and agitated so it has been tough going and I was bemoaning my lot. Then I read the posts of those of you worried for your sick folks and I feel chastened. Mildly annoyed that I bothered my @rse to hang the clothes out ( even hung the socks in pairs ) and no sooner had the last item been pegged it clouded over. I've a lot to be worrying me, heh?

Loving the cat gifs.

Hanging socks in pairs is good for the soul!

Mam, the more candles the better. Thank you. Dunno why, but I've always believed in candles. Or maybe it's the thoughts that go behind them.

And rainbow cat gifs are the best ever.

You guys are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Hanging socks in pairs is good for the soul!

Well, it can give the illusion that you're putting order onto chaos and have a soothing effect, I suppose. I wish I had a better way of doing that, though. But for now, socks it is.

Couchside, its raining lightly here all day,I need to attack more decluttering but waiting on my mojo to arrive.

Remember how I nearly choked to death last week, well I walked to the shop earlier, a car stopped to let me cross at a small roundabout, as I was waving my thanks at him and crossing the road slightly diagonally I just sensed something beside me,a huge artic lorry was taking a huge wide swing to get around the roundabout and I was nearly under the front of it,totally my fault as I had a hood up and didn't hear it,if things go in 3's I'm a goner.

There's a fly in the room and he keeps landing on my foot, annoying little git,I noticed another one yesterday, it must be the fine weather, I detest them.

Still no sign of my mojo ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Having a great day all together.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement