Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Auto , I had to go to your profile to see what you posted as I'm glitched out :D

Pillow Talk is good , great to see the couples who proved everyone wrong and are still together :)

Me and Mrs G. were meant to be in Tenerife as of 7pm tonight. No Ms G. Just the two of us on holiday for the first time since 2006. A small sacrifice considering the crap situation, but a fookin bummer all the same. It was my wedding anniversary pressie to us as we would have celebrated it over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

So what is the cow's name?

Was it "the brown bull of Ulster" or did he have an actual name?

After all that you'd think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Me and Mrs G. were meant to be in Tenerife as of 7pm tonight. No Ms G. Just the two of us on holiday for the first time since 2006. A small sacrifice considering the crap situation, but a fookin bummer all the same. It was my wedding anniversary pressie to us as we would have celebrated it over there.

Aw G :(
    No platitudes , yep that sucks alright .

Happy Anniversary anyway !
    (For whenever it is !)

Happy Anniversary anyway !
    (For whenever it is !)

Soon.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The purge is no more, I'll never have proof that Auto voted for me.

Is it beer time yet?

Soon.:D

How soon is now ?? :D

Is it beer time yet?

Yes its beer time.:D

What happened to the purge thread. I peeked in a few days ago.

Yes its beer time.:D

What happened to the purge thread. I peeked in a few days ago.

I'd better not say ... have a look, it's still there just locked.

How soon is now ?? :D

Days! Nobody gave us a chance. My Mother and Mrs Gs sisters were front and centre with that one. 17 fooking great years. Loads of crap thrown at us and now this latest situation, but hey, she's watching no neck Ed and I'm cool with that.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Happy upcoming ball and chain union day G :p

• Advertisement

I'd better not say ... have a look, it's still there just locked.

Had a look. Far too many sexually frustrated folk on that thread trying to push boundaries. Looked like it was the retarded remark that got it locked. Not surprised.

Days! Nobody gave us a chance. My Mother and Mrs Gs sisters were front and centre with that one. 17 fooking great years. Loads of crap thrown at us and now this latest situation, but hey, she's watching no neck Ed and I'm cool with that.:D

Ye have proven them all wrong , fair play to you both , here's to another 17 years !

(Going to say happy anniversary from now until Monday , one of them will be right :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Me! I broke the purge.. apologies guys,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grr joint and muscular pain being cruel again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Jumping in for a few minutes.. Busy as hell in work, but as I've stated already its good busy, its positive busy. The Defence Forces are testing in the nursing homes now (I'm not), and some very positive news.. We're not overwhelmed and no one is talking about ''the surge'' anymore, and that's down to the public following the HSE guidelines (or the vast majority of the public).

If you're breaking the guidelines you're just being a total ass, its just showing contempt for your family, friends and everyone else who are doing their bit.

I've two neighbors wh have been having visitors over all the fecking time, its infuriating, and one has a national TV presenter brother who's over all the fecking time then lecturing at people on TV to follow the guidelines and ''STAY AT HOME'', I could choke him.

So before I go on a rant :)

Home, just had some beautiful roast Cajun chicken and planning an early night.

Sorry if I've ignored some posts here but I'm getting online about once a week and much as I'd like to do I don't have the time to go through my favorite boards.ie thread.

How's everyone been keeping, I hope you and yours are all safe and well.

Oh, I'm putting on weight lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Me! I broke the purge.. apologies guys,

No harm.

I opened one post there and the person who talks to themself and answers back is actually praising their own characters as if no one knows it's one person.

Bizarre thread! Sorry I know loads of you like it. But I'm totally lost and still dont understand it.

What's that phrase....its all fun and games till someone loses an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

That was one beautiful day, spent it doing outside work on the garden from 8.30 this morning until 6.00 this evening, then we had a bbq for two sitting out in the evening sun until sunset. Jeez I'm absolutely loving being at home and getting a bucket load of jobs done. Heading to bed now as spent out after all the work today, a great feeling. Long may this good weather last.

Is anyone else just loving the birdsong at the moment ? It seems to be much clearer than usual. Maybe because theres no traffic to drown it out.

It's so beautiful, fresh simple and honest; it makes me happy to be alive every morning; no matter how dark a day, it's a reminder that better things are on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

God it was a lovely wsrm day in East Clare..Sitting out the back of my house, first time using a chimnea (lidl finest) that was in the attic unsued for at least 7 years..it's nice , music on relaxing...wish i knew how to upload a picture...
    My front is roasting, me arse is frozen.. It' theraputic to be staring at the embers, feels like a festival...a little red wine helps of course.

• Advertisement

Getting 503s here all over the shop on top of the time travelling.

Couchside looking forward to another fine day. The birds do seem louder, there is less traffic but I think being at home all day helps you to notice it. It's ironic, nature is bursting into life while our lives are on hold.

Bed, ooh a water mattress would be excellent, looking forward to the quiet and the birdsong though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bed, ooh a water mattress would be excellent, looking forward to the quiet and the birdsong though..

Whoa whoa there now Grem :eek:

Are you telling me you are not in work :eek:

The apocalypse is happening between 503’s, pages from 16 years ago and Grem not working nights

I fear for us all :D

Watching Mulan II with the child.
    Kinda glad they didn't make a third :)

Oh I'm at work, but escaping early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Oh I'm at work, but escaping early.

Phew :D

Couchside watching the tonight show, that Eamonn lad is wrecking my head

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it beer time yet?

I have the screenshots that she did vote for you 😛

Lying on my bed having a think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Couchside, feeling spooked and discombobulated after a nightmare. Wishing oh was nearby. Just had video call which helped a bit.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Couchside, feeling spooked and discombobulated after a nightmare. Wishing oh was nearby. Just had video call which helped a bit.

We're all here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

We're all here :)

Ah thanks, Grem. I'm glad you're not working tonight and hope you're feeling better.

I've read anecdotally that nightmares are a thing during this crisis and thought it was a bit strange
    Having just had a stinker it makes sense now. There's this invisible, malign entity a that can attach onto us and hide invisible for enough time to allow it to attach onto people we come into contact with so not only harming us but making us culpable in causing others harm and even if we manage to keep ourselves and loved ones safe there's a very real chance that our entire way of life is going to be altered if not forever then a long time to come, adding to the uncertainty.

I'm really sick of this cocooning. It's affecting my head.

Hang on in there, Sardonicat, bad days are unfortunately normal for all of us now. Being a carer for your dad is stressful in normal times, but it must be very lonely now.

• Advertisement

Busy,productive and enjoyable day.Just noticed my face is slightly sunburned.Went for a lovely walk with the young teen and we had a great conversation, I listened and he spoke mostly, its amazing what goes on in their heads. Met a neighbour while out walking and she said "I didn't know you Duvet with the kink in your hair"...oh lord please open the hairdressers for a day,mine is like a nest.

Fell sound asleep from 7-8pm,woke up and thought it was morning, couldn't figure out what day it was and thought I'd slept out for work.

I've a Tesco and Aldi list made for tomorrow, I've ordered fresh fish to be delivered also (first time trying this so I'm looking forward to it).

I can honestly say I haven't been this stress free in years, definitely noticing nature way more, the birds are unreal at the moment and seem so tame,they'd nearly take the food straight from your hand, the weather is fantastic and no cold breezes, things could be so much worse, an abundance of food and drink definitely helps also.

Edit..just saw your post Sardonicat,hang in there,my post is positive tonight but could be the opposite tomorrow, it's not easy. x

I have been sound asleep at this time every night for the last 2 weeks.......
    Roll on 7am.

Charity art sale in aid of Jack & Jill is open online 2moro at 10am. Great cause, 50 Euro a picture, all painted by artists or famous people!

Am going to have a look at that auction in the morning. So many charities in need..

Awake about an hour... sinus beyond bad at the moment... having to breathe thru my mouth.
    TGIF !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Ramadan Kareem, it’s a beautiful morning here as I look out my hotel window. I volunteered to remain here working for this month so that my colleagues get to spend some time with their families, so it’s going to be a long 35 days.

@Grem
    Bed, ooh a water mattress would be excellent, look
    used to have one when I was single, but soon after getting married, I plonked into one side in a drunken stupor and the missus went flying out of her side onto the floor, the mattress left the house the following day :)

Hahahaha now I want to do that to my missus :D

Good morning :)

I'm happy other people are seeing the same thing re. more birds and tamer birds. The birdsong is almost constant here, they're all in and out of the high thick hawthorn hedge. There's a dove who's so oblivious to my presence, hes comicalthe way he swoops and blunders around on branches that are a bit too light for him in the small crab apple tree. Only feet away from where I sit on a tree stump.

And isn't the call of the cuckoo meant to signal the beginning of summer? For such a dishonourable, sly little fecker of a bird, they have a nice song.

It really helps to have a bit of wild nature around.

I have tea, and Spotkin the black and white kitten keeping my lap warm here.

bubblypop wrote: »
    I have been sound asleep at this time every night for the last 2 weeks.......
    Roll on 7am.

Charity art sale in aid of Jack & Jill is open online 2moro at 10am. Great cause, 50 Euro a picture, all painted by artists or famous people!

I spent yesterday evening making my list.

I have a page full of choices!

Is the charity art sale on Boards?

• Advertisement

Is the charity art sale on Boards?

No, it's called incognito.

Www.incognito.ie

You dont find out who painted your picture till after you buy it. They are all postcard size, but would be lovely framed. In aid of the Jack and Jill foundation.

Too many to choose from.

Nearly home time nearly home time :)

There is another one on after this one, you can start viewing for the next one when this one finishes.
    I have always missed it because you had to go in person, so this year I will finally, hopefully, get a picture.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Nearly home time nearly home time :)

There is another one on after this one, you can start viewing for the next one when this one finishes.
    I have always missed it because you had to go in person, so this year I will finally, hopefully, get a picture.

I'm trying to get Ruthie Ashenhurst's, but haven't been able to pick them out. Two friends of mine are doing it and I was able to pick out their art!

This is the reason that I try OMAD whilst living in hotels, this order was for a glass of OJ and an omelette :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with the sweet stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. 3rd coffee. Bzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Deskside with NO coffee.

Need to rectify that STAT

Wanted to buy 3 of the artwork pieces on Incognito so put them in basket, by the time I went to checkout, all 3 were sold out! So, almost 1800 pieces of Art sold out in 7 minutes. Great result for Jack and Jill, but a bit frustrating since I spent ages last night selecting my pieces!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

anewme wrote: »
    Wanted to buy 3 of the artwork pieces on Incognito so put them in basket, by the time I went to checkout, all 3 were sold out! So, almost 1800 pieces of Art sold out in 7 minutes. Great result for Jack and Jill, but a bit frustrating since I spent ages last night selecting my pieces!

All 1814 sold... impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

anewme wrote: »

I went onto the site for a nose. I had never heard of this before. 9:57 everything fine, clicked on next page at 10:01 and sold on most of the pieces..... I'd say you needed to get to the checkout at 10 on the button.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement