Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Rough last 24-48 hours.. couldn't breathe properly.. and of course your mind starts thinking about covid..even though you know it's just your regular issues :)

It's going to be a lovely day...so power wash the yard & then maybe throw some paint on the walls.
    I worked for a painting/decorating company in the late 90's.....for 1 day....was fired....by my own brother..so that tells you how good i am at painting :D
    Hope everyone has a great day,
    happy birthday to Seph for yesterday and Purple for today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Queuing for Aldi .....feck right off virus...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

gifted wrote:
    Queuing for Aldi .....feck right off virus...

It is only early saturday mornings I have seen queues. Rest of week, waltz straight in.

Still bedside. Nothing to do today.

To stay here, or move to couch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sephers is deskside with the sweet stuff

Back from Aldi...kitchen table...freaked out over my kids.....ye all know at this stage about my chicks but sometimes they just so something thst gets on my goat.....let them out last night to have a cycle around the green, I stood at the driveway watching them....two eldest decided to have a race even though we've told them numerous times to not too....anyway eldest chick was going to fast and crashed into a 181 parked car and there's a dent according to herself.......Herself dropped a note into the letterbox of the house explaining what happened....I've just drove past the car and it's a big dent......bloody kids...I'm fuming with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

1061 hours away from home in this semi isolation of mine..... but who’s counting :)

(We have a crew rostering system that gives us these little gems of information )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

gifted wrote: »
    Back from Aldi...kitchen table...freaked out over my kids.....ye all know at this stage about my chicks but sometimes they just so something thst gets on my goat.....let them out last night to have a cycle around the green, I stood at the driveway watching them....two eldest decided to have a race even though we've told them numerous times to not too....anyway eldest chick was going to fast and crashed into a 181 parked car and there's a dent according to herself.......Herself dropped a note into the letterbox of the house explaining what happened....I've just drove past the car and it's a big dent......bloody kids...I'm fuming with them.

Gifted we were all the same, don’t be too hard on them.
    I am at home with nothing to do, had murders with himself last night so it’s a picture and no sound today. Is it too early to start drinking lord.
    Neighbours had a huge bbq party last night. Was jealous.

Gifted we were all the same, don’t be too hard on them.
    I am at home with nothing to do, had murders with himself last night so it’s a picture and no sound today. Is it too early to start drinking lord.
    Neighbours had a huge bbq party last night. Was jealous.

I'll be grand...they're cleaning their bedroom now so there on best behaviour for a while.

I'll let you into a little secret....us men love when it's all picture no sound....that means peace. Lol.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Happy Birthday @Purple Mountain. A wonderful sky over the Matterhorn in Switzerland just for you.:D

There is a whole series about Air Zermatt, the mountain rescue at “The Horn“ if you are interested.;)

Deskside with tea no. 3...could do with a strong coffee instead.:pac:

One pile of washing drying on line, another one ready to go out.
    Time to tidy up downstairs, sitting room being used as an office during the week, so big clean today.
    What's the best way to clean the TV screen? Don't think windolene is a good idea.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

bubblypop wrote: »
    One pile of washing drying on line, another one ready to go out.
    Time to tidy up downstairs, sitting room being used as an office during the week, so big clean today.
    What's the best way to clean the TV screen? Don't think windolene is a good idea.......

Barely dampened newspaper or toilet paper. I use vineagar. It hasnt done any harm to mine but I could be wrong with this one.

I’d use a really soft cloth like the green one from minky, or a microfiber cloth if there’s marks on it. You can get special screen spray but if you don’t have that just use the dry cloths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Birthday PM :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Washing down the woodwork and walls here , love the smell of bleach , really fresh and clean , might even do the ones inside the house next :D

Such a gorgeous day , love doing stuff outside on days like this , we'll be stuck indoors with the rain soon enough .

About to pour petrol on the fire :D
    https://ibb.co/QDF8Sdd

Anyone got any recommendations for Netflix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

About to pour petrol on the fire :D
    https://ibb.co/QDF8Sdd

Anyone got any recommendations for Netflix

Too hot to handle is worth a watch. Cringefest.
    No fcks given?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I read before about cleaning your TV screen..
    Start in the centre and work out but don't go all way yo the edges.
    Maybe it's to do with speakers or input/output areas.

To thine own self be true

Too hot to handle is worth a watch. Cringefest.
    No fcks given?

:D
    Shoesdayschild
    CEO of No Fcks Given
    B.Sc in fckupomics

Should be letting my phone charge up and writing in the garden - believe it or not I occasionally get paid for writing complete crap...which I handwrite in a notebook...but I keep gravitating to the only way to communicate with people.
    Just realised I mentioned my dog is sick but gave no update since.
    The ideal was that she would die in her sleep at home where she's comfortable (ex couldn't bring himself to have her euthanised in a clinical vet's office and I could see why, and in a way I was relieved he made that choice because I wanted to give her any chance, but she lives with me so I have to watch her day and night for signs of further decline or in case she's in pain. If I left her to her suffer in any way it's on my conscience so I'm watching her closely. Nobody else around to ask for a 2nd opinion.)

I'm a bit confused but not exactly surprised right now. There is no ignoring she's sick or pretending shes a healthy young dog, I'm not deluded, but it's like shes had a little reprieve. To see the tail swinging around like a windmill is very affecting.

I was never sure of her exact age as I found her emaciated in the peeing rain on the road...literally the middle white line of the road in the dark, trying to eat roadkill, with traffic swerving around her. I opened my car door to try to get her off the road and she leaped straight into my car, climbed through to the back seat and curled up with her chin on her front paws. From that moment she belonged with me. I was on my way to meet someone in town but only went as far as Tesco and bought a few packets of doggy Dentastix and drove her home. Carried her to the door in the rain and when then-husband opened the door I said "she's staying the night til I call the ispca".From there my ex husband adopted her and she him. I suppose he was, to her, the biggest and loudest and therefore pack leader.

There's a litter of kittens here and you can trust her completely with them. She treats them like her own puppies (I wonder if she had puppies once but something happened to them.).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed watching Spartacus

There's a litter of kittens here and you can trust her completely with them. She treats them like her own puppies (I wonder if she had puppies once but something happened to them.).

Litter of kittens? You never mentioned this widders 😺 we demand info about said litter widders :3 😸

Litter of kittens? You never mentioned this widders 😺 we demand info about said litter widders :3 😸

I promise :)
    Sadly I'm one down out of 4 but I will get them out for a photoshoot soon. They were a bit young before so I didnt want to panic thrm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Hope you can get some rest, aspiewriter! :)

Happy Birthday Purple Mountain :)

Thanks Deja :) I eventually fell asleep

Now couchside, bit restless, getting a bit fed up of this lockdown now :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sitting in the sun, ferociously unlike me but I do have patches of shade. Work in a while though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Watching a lovely sky filled with lightning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Happy birthday purple Mountain :)

In for the night. Busy day. It feels like it's dropped a couple of degrees already. I could easily sleep. Not sure if I prefer being awake too much to being sleepy too early.

Date night later as cease fire has been reached until after weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Date night later as cease fire has been reached until after weekend

Get the vodka ready :D

To thine own self be true

Get the vodka ready :D
    I’m tippppssseeee already hence ceasefire I need attention :D
    Ah no
    Chinese movie on Netflix nothing wild :D
    I’ll say that and I’ll be still drunk in the morning

• Advertisement

I’m tippppssseeee already hence ceasefire I need attention :D

lol

Take it easy on the sauce shoe shoe and enjoy

I'm kitchenside, its time for dinner!

My House is so sparkling clean...... Makes me soooo happy!
    Now, I can relax properly.
    Have the red wine opened, soon will make my dinner, lovely smelly candles lit.
    Great day :)

Edit, shoes.....vanilla vodka.... Yum yum 😋

Vanilla vodka peach shnapps orange juice and cranberry juice, shake it up in a jar with ice cubes you wouldn’t call the Queen your aunt.

What candles?? I have the sweet almond and macaroon one from aldi, hunrale

Power washing done...I may have had a beer or 2
    The child wants gluten-free pizza....so I'm getting a pizza too!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Trundle trundle

Some kind of orangy Yankee candles , lovely smell in my house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside waiting for casualty to come on :)

my granny will be tested for covid 19 in the coming days..fingers (and toes) crossed for a negative result

Fingers crossed here aspie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

be safe aspie (and all), prayers with your granny that she wil be well.

Hope your grandmother gets the all clear, Aspie!

Bit prickly in the skin and very thirsty here. Had one of these legendary naps I'm always hearing about and but actually did me good. I was woken up after an hour which is great as any longer and I'd have got sleep inertia. Thought it had gone cold earlier but it was just me!

Flipping savage appetite for the last few days. It could be the sun but it didnt happen last summer. I was always stressed then though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :)

Aspie everything crossed for your gran xxx

Couchside chatting with my favourite man :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Getting ready for movie night. The wine rack is giving me the glad eye.

In work after a rage wobbly over a blind bus driver.. Breathe grem breathe

AW i hope your gran gets a negative in her test *hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Homeside stuffed to the gills after a big feast, I'll never eat food again.

I am wishing your grandmother the best Aspie, I hope she passes the test.

A belated Happy Birthday to Seph and a current Happy Birthday to Purple Mountain.

Happy almost Anniversary to Grandeeod and his wife.

And I was very happy to read of Anewme's Dad passing his test and fingers crossed he passes the next one too. Great news to read!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Hello everyone. Hope yiz are all well. Sitting in the garden here drinking gin and tonic in a can from Aldi. They’re absolutely gorgeous only €1.40 each. Raging I only got two I’m already half way though my second. Listening to Shania Twain on Spotify lol i adore her, she’s so talented. My boyfriend is inside and just took a picture of me from the window and sent it to me. Lord save us. I’ve shorts on, wellies from being in the garden earlier, a hoody, a blanket, sunglasses and a baseball cap, feet up legs sprawled skulling the gin. Stylin.

Classy burd :D

Hmm, can of harp would be more coordinated with your rig-out i think Retro :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

In bed.
    Mad at myself...... 3 reasons
    1. Wish I could stand up for myself at work.
    2. Wish the same with family.
    3. Would write "wish the same with friends" except i don't seem to have many. Just 2 really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Hmm, can of harp would be more coordinated with your rig-out i think Retro :D

Harp is good. Having a beer. Feeling very melancholy and watching melancholy stuff.:D If one is in the mood, stay in the mood.:D

• Advertisement

I've spent the last hour and a half calming down from an absolute ragefest, not the mood for staying in!.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement