Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed drinking a bottle of Mayfield lager, tasty stuff, my younger brother gave me three bottles of Indian summer range yesterday for my birthday that they do, must try them tomorrow.....maybe
    . I’ve shorts on, wellies from being in the garden earlier, a hoody, a blanket, sunglasses and a baseball cap, feet up legs sprawled skulling the gin. Stylin.

Pics or gtfo 😏😛

Feet up.....finished at last :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Right, i'm mostly caught up with work stuff, phew :) Sure i might put my feet up too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

In bed.
    Mad at myself...... 3 reasons
    1. Wish I could stand up for myself at work.
    2. Wish the same with family.
    3. Would write "wish the same with friends" except i don't seem to have many. Just 2 really
    Sorry to hear that x

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Evening all . Hopes ye are all good . Haven’t been around in a while been having so much trouble with my hands couldn’t really type but on day 4 of steroids now and im able to type again !!!!! Woo woo
    Lockdown is just meh at this stage so done with it now .
    Any news ??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Evening all . Hopes ye are all good . Haven’t been around in a while been having so much trouble with my hands couldn’t really type but on day 4 of steroids now and im able to type again !!!!! Woo woo
    Lockdown is just meh at this stage so done with it now .
    Any news ??

Good to see you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Welcome back Sky :)

Couchside and there’s a bag of maltesers looking at me :)

Autosport wrote: »

If ever there was a need for googly eyes it is now for those sweets :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

All the windows open here , it's very clammy weather tonight , well I think so anyway !
    Murders on TV , sound on low , so quiet outside , lovely :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    All the windows open here , it's very clammy weather tonight , well I think so anyway !
    Murders on TV , sound on low , so quiet outside , lovely :)

Yes I'm roasting too.
    Even though the day was slightly cooler than other days this week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Over visiting my OH"s 91 year old mother earlier today - a socially distant visit, chatting to her through her living room window. :) She is coccooned in her home and is in very good spirits. A very stoical mindset which we all could have more of.

Dinner cooked and consumed, chilling out on the sofa (where else) and grateful to be safe and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Couchside having a nice cool beer after a very productive week on lockdown, loads of home/garden jobs sorted, and miles and miles of walking done. Got into a great habit of doing the first walk of the day at 7.30 a.m. two miles up the road here and back, feeling great for it and the weighting scales is definately seeing the effects. Fecking loving the lockdown :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Belated birthday wishes to Purple Mountain and Seph!! 🎊🎉🎈💕😊

Hope you enjoyed your day. :)

If ever there was a need for googly eyes it is now for those sweets :D

For you Grem :)

Yes I'm roasting too.
    Even though the day was slightly cooler than other days this week.

Glad it's not just me tbh !

Hope you had a wonderful tea party today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Harp is good. Having a beer. Feeling very melancholy and watching melancholy stuff.:D If one is in the mood, stay in the mood.:D

G, we're watching BBC4 a kind of "best of" Top of The Pops from the 70s and 80s, great music with a few Saturday night beers

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Glad it's not just me tbh !

Hope you had a wonderful tea party today :)

Very nice thanks.
    Me thinks I might be sleeping commando tonight :D

Very nice thanks.
    Me thinks I might be sleeping commando tonight :D

Woohoo , good on you PM :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I want a tea party. :( Glad you enjoyed your birthday, PM.

Broken weather ahead next week, that's going to affect our moods. I'm couchside with beer, nothing new here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

bag of maltesers looking at me :)

Have I told you lately auto......

tenor.gif?itemid=5691489

:pac:

Sorry Seph I’m spoken for :)

Enjoy the cat pic :)

Seph, you're like a fly to shıte whenever food is mentioned! :D

Sorry Seph I’m spoken for :)

Enjoy the cat pic :)

I just wanted the maltesers :'(

I just wanted the maltesers :'(

Chocolate and beer don't mix well, you need crisps or nuts. Not the ginger type of nuts though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And emails to go before I sleep.

Kitchenside expecting an instant but detailed reply to a long email it took me days to wrire and I just sent five minutes ago...meanwhile I'm reading the clickbait headlines on the homepage...apparently "you'd be amazed at the price of storage containers in Nenagh"...I thought those ads were personalised based on your search history. I have no interest in storage units or what looks like adult nappies from Wish. com!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Chocolate and beer don't mix well, you need crisps or nuts. Not the ginger type of nuts though!

Chocolate and beer go so well together. Just polished off a beer with a Dairy Milk bar. Bed time now.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Getting ready to party like its 1999

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Chocolate and beer go so well together. Just polished off a beer with a Dairy Milk bar. Bed time now.:D

Animal!!! :pac:

Goodnight, G.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

heading to bed, night folks x

heading to bed, night folks x

Sleep well :)

Deskside umm, that's it, deskside

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And emails to go before I sleep.

Kitchenside expecting an instant but detailed reply to a long email it took me days to wrire and I just sent five minutes ago...meanwhile I'm reading the clickbait headlines on the homepage...apparently "you'd be amazed at the price of storage containers in Nenagh"...I thought those ads were personalised based on your search history. I have no interest in storage units or what looks like adult nappies from Wish. com!

Adult nappies :D
    I'd be afraid to look at your browser history.

Facebook is normally the one that gives me strange ads. That wish site is the funniest one though

Just wanted to share this find with you all.
    My eyes have been really dry lately and I'm constantly putting in eye drops.
    Today I found a setting that allows you to filter the blue light on your mobile phone screen and gives the screen a warm glow.
    Already I can feel less strain on my eyes.

It was advertising blow up dolls on my facebook! :D

The only explanation I can think of is its inspired by some weird thread I commented on here on Boards.

Wide awake and want to do something but I don't know what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching Edge of darkness and praying ( figuratively) that I'll sleep tonight.

Anyone else not seeing their post in the thread immediately?
    Have to refresh a few times.

It was advertising blow up dolls on my facebook! :D

The only explanation I can think of is its inspired by some weird thread I commented on here on Boards.

Wide awake and want to do something but I don't know what.
    Go order the blow up dolls? :)

cj maxx wrote: »
    Watching Edge of darkness and praying ( figuratively) that I'll sleep tonight.

Is the heat keeping you awake?
    I'm considering leaving a window open tonight, I don't usually for fear of little flying friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Watched After life Season 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Is the heat keeping you awake?
    I'm considering leaving a window open tonight, I don't usually for fear of little flying friends.

It's not the heat. , though heat does mess with my sleep. I love a cold cold bedroom. Even the thoughts of one makes me sleepy.
    MS . I'm wrecked during the day, wide awake at night !!
    I have stuff to help , but I can't take it with kids to look after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Spleach13

Sounds so lovely bubblypop.

I find it hard to get to sleep if I'm hot but then I go into an extra deep sleep.

Just watched episode one of Gangs of London. Anyone watch it? 5 minutes in and I wanted to turn it off. Himself was all "but you love violent stuff?! What about Luther?"

Eh Luther has Idris hotness Elba!!

"What about all those Guy Richie films and Tarantino films you love?"

They have humour and the violence is set against a backdrop of awesome music! Duh!

Ah look under normal circumstances I probably would love it but the mindframe is a bit delicate these days so it was hard to deal with the absolute grim tone of the whole thing but sure I suppose I'll probably watch more.

BB i can be the exact same, i like what i like but my partner can rarely reccomend something for me because i need some quirk/sarcasm/dark humour to things

BB i can be the exact same, i like what i like but my partner can rarely reccomend something for me because i need some quirk/sarcasm/dark humour to things

Yes, it just needs a little something extra to ripple through the darkness.

Exactly, why i like nordic noir so much, so grim and dark but such surprising humour

Hi BB
    Glad youre back :)
    What a great way of describing it.

Hi BB
    Glad youre back :)
    What a great way of describing it.

Thanks Widders! :):)

Exactly, why i like nordic noir so much, so grim and dark but such surprising humour

You may recommend me something so! I've watched the bridge and the killing if they count.

You may recommend me something so! I've watched the bridge and the killing if they count.

Can i see what i've watched on netflix easily?. Also do you watch bbc dramas at all? Happy Valley, The Incident.. Also Hinterland on Netflix is a must watch.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement