Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Kathleen glad to see you’re feeling a bit better! I think things are always worse at night. Just getting ready for a pamper afternoon. House has been cleaned, so now I’ll do a bit of waxing, tint my eyebrows, paint my toenails. Might do my shellacs if I can be arsed, absolutely hate doing nails especially my own. I got a new hair kit designed for thin hair so I’ll do that, spent nearly 50 euro on it so I’ll be expecting to look like I’m wearing the mane of a ferocious lion in a months time. Might do a mini peel on my face too, though with so much sun maybe I should wait. I bought that Brazilian bum bum cream online last week too so I’ll be smelling unreal to go as far as lidl for a chicken and cider.

Wow all that sounds like hard work. I don't even brush my hair every day (in my defence it is curly) I couldn't be doing all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Hi all
    I was awake all night. Just slept for an hour . Shivery crampy but tea works wonders without the effects of stress juice (coffee).
    Forgot what I was going to say but it can't have been anything earth shattering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Trying to do a tidy up but I can't find a bit of peace to do it.
    These last few days have been like a episode of the ITV show 'small talk'.
    They do come out with alot stuff. Some brilliant, some less so.
    So I'm getting 10 mins to organise tomorrow's schedule.
    Lock down or not I've essential work to do.
    Have a great day wherers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Very lazy day.. :)

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Morning all. Hope you are all doing ok..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Morning ? Grem? Ah well we all have our own schedule :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How's everyone's favourite gremlin doing ?

Just woke up from a nap, feel well rested now

I did a big Tesco shop earlier, delivered loads out to my folks but I didn't cook for them (I'm on strike since yesterday for a week) and I feel bad as I know they were disappointed . The stuff I got for my dad last week in the chemist worked brilliantly ,honestly he has no shame, described it in way too much detail to me.

It seems they are both out of cash but unwilling to reveal the pin numbers for their cards,I had to go with him in his car (about 200 yrds) to get petrol and I was sent in to tap the card but he asked me first if I can tap up to 30e.Mother claims she is keeping note of what I'm spending and will pay back after lockdown (she knows I won't take it but I'm playing along), I'm not taking offense because I don't think they'd give the pins to my siblings either, it's funny but annoying.

Resentment hit me like a wave yesterday and I'm in wicked form, I'm working my normal hours (no chance to even doss for 5 mins even though I'm at home), I'm also the only one who cleans, cooks,shops etc. and its really f*ing getting to me now. Takeaway was ordered last night and I bought a cooked chicken, salady bits,fresh loaf etc. earlier, I'm not cooking!

That f*ing Fitbit, I didn't do my steps yesterday according to it ,another f*ing guilt trip, I slept for over 9 hrs, tf it doesn't know that was a combination of wine and the humidity last night. Its starting to annoy me and this is only day 2 .

The man in front of me in the queue at Tesco was leaving 2 spaces between him and the man in front of him all the way into the shop, that annoyed me,he was about a womans size 12,wearing Wranglers, soft brown shoes and a striped polo shirt and he kept pulling up his jeans, that f*king annoyed me,Tesco didn't have Denny sausages another annoyance, everyone and everything is bugging me today even myself, I can feel the Glenroes starting already, I'm grand with the the lockdown I just wish other people would disappear.

Rant over...maybe.

Deskside, laughing at DD 'cos I was the same yesterday trying to shop for a few bits for people. If anyone as much as existed in my sightline I was wishing evil on them :)
    Today I'm staying in, just in case

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Deskside, laughing at DD 'cos I was the same yesterday trying to shop for a few bits for people. If anyone as much as existed in my sightline I was wishing evil on them :)
    Today I'm staying in, just in case

The conversations going on in my head today are unreal, every curse word known to man and a few new combination ones,I'm dangerous today lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Denny's sausages DD ? Really? No love for the clon?

😜

Would you believe I bought Clon but someone here only eats Denny skinless but they didn't have the 8 pack and I wouldn't but the big one because I'm on a no wasting food campaign lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Morning Grem, Hope you got a bit of shut eye. Do you have to do le trundle again this evening ?

Would you believe I bought Clon but someone here only eats Denny skinless but they didn't have the 8 pack and I wouldn't but the big one because I'm on a no wasting food campaign lol.

* Makes note : no scraps for dog from DD household *

Homeside, outside looks like its been raining but it hasnt

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yup working later and awaiting word on additional shifts next week.. Got a sleep just having tea now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Would save a lot of time and trouble for everyone if they gave you an apartment in the place :(

Back from a lovely walk.
    From inside looking out it just looked dreary but when out its very mild and the air feels pure. A lot of people seem to be taking the daily exercise guideline as an instruction (you must walk and cycle every day) but I guess that's a good result.

I'm in great form today and no more anxiety around communicating with a lot of people (email, phone).

I was talking to a friend about the problem and it turned out she has it too...and she was selectively mute as a child, which I didn't know, and makes my issue pale in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, thinking bad thoughts (if I stopped posting, would ye notice etc), not my day today. I'm gonna put on a funny film or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Cooking up a storm. Sunday roast. Will try making Yorkshire puds from scratch.

couchside, thinking bad thoughts (if I stopped posting, would ye notice etc), not my day today. I'm gonna put on a funny film or something

You would be missed!

• Advertisement

Cooking up a storm. Sunday roast. Will try making Yorkshire puds from scratch.

Pre heat the oil :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

couchside, thinking bad thoughts (if I stopped posting, would ye notice etc), not my day today.
    Yes it would be noticed. You are a source of light Aspie and people always notice when the Sun goes down. Feel better soon. :)

Of course we would caffy! you keep us all in line, we'd be lost without you!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

do stick around, no need to feel bad alone when we are all here to lift each others spirits :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

couchside, thinking bad thoughts (if I stopped posting, would ye notice etc),

YES WE WOULD NOTICE, AND THEN WORRY ABOUT YOU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Watching Thin Lizzy Thunder and Lightning Tour, the last filmed performance.

• Advertisement

Oh we'd notice Atc and Seph would track you down with his cat radar and Smurf would be on aerial reconnaissance!. Then Auto would drive a few of us to collect you and bring you back to boards with us ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Of course we would notice Aspie, this time is hard on us all.

In truth, you would be one of the few I would miss here. (don't tell the rest of them that)

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Of course we would notice Aspie, this time is hard on us all.

In truth, you would be one of the few I would miss here. (don't tell the rest of them that)

You'd miss me as well right brother tedo ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Threw a colourball in my hair to warm it up a bit. I’m naturally very dark and before lockdown had a semi permanent copper put in my hair. Just got a copper colour ball. It’s still brown but I’m happy with the tone of it.
    Then I did the same nails as before, because they don’t look done and of course arched the living **** out of my eyebrows.
    https://ibb.co/2YzHSZr
    https://ibb.co/XpwcGRD
    https://ibb.co/MM5wwc9

Will look somewhat presentable now for the next three weeks.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Watching Thin Lizzy Thunder and Lightning Tour, the last filmed performance.

Enjoy, if I could only listen to one band for the rest of my life it would Lizzy, if I had to pick the hottest singer ever it would be Phil and if I could I definitely would ☺️.

Hang in there Aspie,it's going to get better, some days are difficult but just give into them and roll with it.x

Heavy rain here with the last hour, a great excuse not to go walking ,I've the heating on,just finished Afterlife on Netflix, such a lovely easy watch and Ricky Gervais is definitely another hottie imo.

Wine time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Watching Creedons Atlas of Ireland and I'm really enjoying seeing all different parts of Ireland :) So far we've visited Wexford, waterford, cork and now Carlow :)

Aspie of course we would miss you ((hugs))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You'd miss me as well right brother tedo ?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Yes Ted ;) You would :D

Hahaha love that Auto!

Aspie.. Remember 'this too shall pass.'

For Mam.. Isn't it baltic today? I was in a ball of sweat last night, like yourself. I didn't sleep commando as contemplated :D but had duvet kicked down.
    Tonight, the fire is lit and I'm going getting a blanket to put round my shoulders while on the laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

For Mam.. Isn't it baltic today? I was in a ball of sweat last night, like yourself. I didn't sleep commando as contemplated :D but had duvet kicked down.
    Tonight, the fire is lit and I'm going getting a blanket to put round my shoulders while on the laptop.

Thank you !
    I have the fire lit here , and thought I was coming down with a dose as I'm still cold tbh !

It's definitely a little chillier today. My bare noggin tells me so..

Am deskside, no drama getting here today thank fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Blaring Luke Kelly tunes which seems to be winning against my housemates techno music tonight. Enjoying a take away for the night wishing the weekend was more day longer.

Tumbleweed hope the boards folk can fix it this week..

• Advertisement

Lying on my bed watching Gerry Ryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Kitchen side having tea while listening to a podcast :)

Lying on my bed watching Gerry Ryan.

Let me know what you think of it..

Let me know what you think of it..

It's good, a good insight to his life so far.

He was everywhere from the late 80's onwards yet i don't know much really

He was everywhere from the late 80's onwards yet i don't know much really

Larger than life individual who loved the high life.

I don’t know. The very ones clutching their pearls and almost expecting a state funeral for GR would be the very ones listening in, nearly wetting themselves with outrage as he lambasted drug wars and feuds, which he himself seemed to contribute hugely towards. He was a hero because he had a platform, and a south Dublin accent. The same addiction riddled hundreds of people a lot of his fans would have considered “junkies” and “scum”. Addiction can hit any family of any class, and it is very sad, but he was no better than those he hit out at on his show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I don’t know. The very ones clutching their pearls and almost expecting a state funeral for GR would be the very ones listening in, nearly wetting themselves with outrage as he lambasted drug wars and feuds, which he himself seemed to contribute hugely towards. He was a hero because he had a platform, and a south Dublin accent. The same addiction riddled hundreds of people a lot of his fans would have considered “junkies” and “scum”. Addiction can hit any family of any class, and it is very sad, but he was no better than those he hit out at on his show.

He was a northsider.

Can't say i was a fan (in fact at one point i may have called him a yellow pack howard stern) but curiosity really, a sermon every weekday morning was quite a platform to get to, how?

• Advertisement

He was a northsider.

Well isn’t this awkward :D
    Ah but seriously, he had a posh accent, or at least an accent you wouldn’t expect to ask you for two euro for a hostel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement