Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can't say i was a fan (in fact at one point i may have called him a yellow pack howard stern) but curiosity really, a sermon every weekday morning was quite a platform to get to, how?

He was a stone mad extrovert, not afraid to talk about taboo subject or piss people off and that was a gold mine for RTE, they let him get away with a lot.

I really enjoyed it,I watched the show about Margo earlier and the John Creedon show,enjoyed them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Well isn’t this awkward :D
    Ah but seriously, he had a posh accent, or at least an accent you wouldn’t expect to ask you for two euro for a hostel

Ah we have a few nice areas on the northside.... Not everyone is into drugs... Oh wait :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Ah we have a few nice areas on the northside.... Not everyone is into drugs... Oh wait :D

She is right though he sounded posh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

She is right though he sounded posh.

I sound posh too :D

Some of us can pronounce our t's and th's and the right vowels :D

• Advertisement

I sound posh too :D

Some of us can pronounce our t's and th's and the right vowels :D

Well I canh....Do dat mean I'm noh posh loike?
    Shoih.....nohin I didden no

Just caught the last 10 minutes on Gold of behind the scenes making of The Royle Family, funniest thing ever,I absolutely love the Royles, Caroline Aherne was a brilliant writer and actress imo, died way too young. It's one of the few shows that makes me really laugh out loud.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just caught the last 10 minutes on Gold of behind the scenes making of The Royle Family, funniest thing ever,I absolutely love the Royles, Caroline Aherne was a brilliant writer and actress imo, died way too young. It's one of the few shows that makes me really laugh out loud.

She was brilliant, no two ways about it..

She was brilliant, no two ways about it..

They showed when they were in the caravan and Jim couldn't close the toilet door, they were skitting trying to tape it, it was the underpants scene, Caroline said they got complaints and probably went too far for the Christmas day episode and that they'd have got away with 'skiddys' any other day.😂

I'm drinking pink gin with pink aromatic tonic and watching a movie. Might even open a bag of crisps. Got loads of work done today after my slow start so I earned it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm drinking pink gin with pink aromatic tonic and watching a movie. Might even open a bag of crisps. Got loads of work done today after my slow start so I earned it.

What kind of crisps we talking about here now ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

BB they better not be tayto bistro or Seph will yoink them..

What kind of crisps we talking about here now ?

Keoghs crinkle cut Irish cheddar and red onion.

BB they better not be tayto bistro or Seph will yoink them..

Nope, they weren't on special offer. Keoghs were! :D

No thanks Ehh you can keep them

:pac:

I never usually like salt and vinegar but the crinkle cut of those keoghs is nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Enjoy!
    Love the succulent (?) and it's holder !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Enjoy!
    Love the succulent (?) and it's holder !

Thanks I got them both in the arboretum before Christmas. :( I miss the arboretum and spending money on trivial things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I thought it was an aloe vera plant myself!

To thine own self be true

I wasn't a 100% sure , so I went with succulent :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I wasn't a 100% sure , so I went with succulent :pac:

Fair play, I never heard of it before.
    Pink gin always looks so appealing but I can't drink gin, would blow my head open :(

To thine own self be true

Fair play, I never heard of it before.
    Pink gin always looks so appealing but I can't drink gin, would blow my head open :(

I love succulents , easy to keep , meaning I don't kill them off as quick as other plants really :o

The gin looks lovely but I hate the taste of it .

Me and gin don't get on.. don't have any plants currently, really need to sort out some herbs though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Started rewatching The World According to Jeff Goldblum on Disney+ again..the man is a genius
    And from Friday next they have the greatest movie of all time.... The Princess Bride!!..love it.

I think Gerry Ryan was a divisive figure in Irish entertainment. ...
    I just never liked him...always hoped Dave Fanning would win every week on Number 1
    I think he mentioned he was Brendan Behan's cousin once or 1300 times also :)

Yeah it's a succulent. Does look like an aloe vera though!

I love succulents , easy to keep , meaning I don't kill them off as quick as other plants really :o

The gin looks lovely but I hate the taste of it .

Yep that's why I have lots of them! :D They're training me how to be a better plant keeper! None of the rest of my plants do half as well as them. I'm not exactly green fingered.

Isn't Jeff Goldblum just so sexy?
    Although, I saw some headline this week that he was in controversy for saying something but I didn't bother to click on to spoil my view on him!

Something to do with RuPauls drag race... contestant was dressed in hajib or something and he said isn't Islam against homosexuality & women's rights....
    Let's just say he didn't have to offer any apologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just got called to do my 5th COVID19 nasal test, things happen at strange times of the day around here.

Now going back to bed.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Just got called to do my 5th COVID19 nasal test, things happen at strange times of the day around here.

Now going back to bed.

I feel like i would sneeze for hours after a nasal swab

• Advertisement

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

Well that was the weirdest film ever.

Now some Community to lighten the mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Listening to Spotify (Katy perry) drinking wine contemplating life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Listening to Spotify (Katy perry) drinking wine contemplating life

What song?

Listening to some dance classics, drinking lager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What song?

Listening to some dance classics, drinking lager.

Think hot and cold when I wrote that. Listening to vengaboys now trying to de ingrown nail my toe. Bok

Jaysis that's some combination Shoes!

I'm deskside processing contact tracing forms for the week ahead so it doesn't get into too disorganised of a mess (maybe)

• Advertisement

Where is everyone ? No posts in over 4 hours.

Just dragging my arse outta bed after my busy night, discovered that after all the grumbling last night that i have to work in 4 hours. First time out of this hotel in a week, in fact first time in a week that i shall even step into the hotel lobby.

In other news, restrictions on shops and businesses were relaxed here yesterday, so the traffic SUCKS.

Where is everyone ? No posts in over 4 hours.

Just dragging my arse outta bed after my busy night, discovered that after all the grumbling last night that i have to work in 4 hours. First time out of this hotel in a week, in fact first time in a week that i shall even step into the hotel lobby.

In other news, restrictions on shops and businesses were relaxed here yesterday, so the traffic SUCKS.

Where are you?

Boards is getting almost unusable these days.. 404's & 503's abound.

It's actually another lovely day here..must get out for a walk, pick up my father's pension & do a little shopping for him.
    Now to get the child up for school...
    She's not a fan of Google classroom :P

Oh my achey bones. Bed soon, maybe up early if weather holds.

About 3 time zones east of you Kathleen sitting in the desert.

The restrictions imposed on places that want to reopen are interesting, security must be available to provide free gloves and masks, all trolleys and baskets must be sterilized, no cash, automatic or permanently open doors, no seats, no changing rooms, no return of goods once sold, only 2 people per elevator, no valet parking, no one under the age of 15, max number per square meter, signs to show required distance. Welcome to our new world :)

• Advertisement

About 3 time zones east of you Kathleen sitting in the desert.

The restrictions imposed on places that want to reopen are interesting, security must be available to provide free gloves and masks, all trolleys and baskets must be sterilized, no cash, automatic or permanently open doors, no seats, no changing rooms, no return of goods once sold, only 2 people per elevator, no valet parking, no one under the age of 15, max number per square meter, signs to show required distance. Welcome to our new world :)

Wow suppose we will follow a lot of that.

Deskside with the sweet stuff, opening a new coffee tomorrow, Mysore was savage!

66 days since my last cup of tea. Might have one today.

Why are you avoiding tea?

I have two Filipino guys here cleaning my room, it appears that I’m the only person awake at this time of the morning, so my room is always the first cleaned :)

66 days since my last cup of tea. Might have one today.

Treat yourself to a cup of barry's Kathleen, you deserve it! :-P

Why are you avoiding tea?

I have two Filipino guys here cleaning my room, it appears that I’m the only person awake at this time of the morning, so my room is always the first cleaned :)

I am not really. Gave it up for lent and had not had a cup for few days before it. Was going to have it Easter Sunday and just didn't.
    No milk here so it won't be today either. Not going to the shop just for milk.

If you are 3 time zones ahead it's hardly that early to be up. For the others I mean.

It’s Ramadan, so day is turned into night. Oops forgot that your clocks went forward, so only 2 hours ahead of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I always knew I was the best looking and most charming person in the office.
    And now it's been confirmed. I am indeed the best looking and most charming person in my office. My home office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. No coffee. No breakfast. Nothing yet... feeling lazy today.. even though my belly is hollering at me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I always knew I was the best looking and most charming person in the office.
    And now it's been confirmed. I am indeed the best looking and most charming person in my office. My home office.

Damn it, the postman just turned up and I was stripped of the award.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement